Official Rank List Thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all. While I completely agree with the thoughts to go with your gut/feel/etc, I'm still stuck between a couple of these. Mainly stuck on the order of 2 and 3 (I'm not getting a strong feeling from my #1, but I've gotten very strong vibes from both my #2 and #3). I loved both programs, but am wondering which will make my fellowship match experience easier as one more factor to consider in my final list for tomorrow... going into Cardiology.

Here goes:
1 Johns Hopkins Hospital
2 Emory
3 JHU/Bayview

4 Shands
5 GW
6 Washington Hospital Center

I would still go with Emory at #2. Good Luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't really heard much about their program and searching for any constructive thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone remember the specifics of the new call schedule at Duke next year? Is it the same for interns/JARs/SARs?

I just want to say thanks to TommyGunn for his comments on Duke. The program is going through a lot of changes, as so many other programs are; however, as I've said before, I believe that Duke is going to be better than ever and very competitive this year.

I think he is able to express some sentiments about Duke much better than myself after only being there only a couple of days. Duke definitely infected me with their atmosphere and ideals. I think it's obvious I will be ranking them #1, and I am very excited about learning to be a doctor at such a wonderful institution.

Every program has it's strengths and weaknesses, and I think we'd all be pretty naive not to have at least one unknown, scary factor on our minds about any program we are hoping to attend.

Good luck to everyone in getting their #1.