Official Rejections c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wldlfstdnt

c/o 2017
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The sad one. :(

Same as all others. You copy the latest list of schools and students' info. You fill in (under the appropriate school) your name, OOS or IS, when you learned about the rejection and how the school told you (email, call, snailmail, status change)

Better luck next year and good luck on the rest of this cycle!

Atlantic Veterinary College:

Auburn:

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Ohio State:

Oklahoma State University:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University:

Royal Veterinary College:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

UC Davis:

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM:

Washington State University:

Western:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Let the depression begin.. This is a horrible roller coaster ride we are on !!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah. Sigh.

I am figuring I am rejected from Davis, especially if they did IS, OOS, and waitlist people today

Its not over till the fat lady sings!!! Hang in there!! Everything will work out one way or another.. :xf::xf: for you !!!

I KNEW I WOULD BE THE FIRST TO POST HERE,

Auburn:

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Ohio State:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

UC Davis: wldlfstdnt (11/29, status change)

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM:

Western:

I'm very sorry Wld :(

Keep your head up, bigger and better things await ;)

Its ok, I haven't heard from Glasgow and they sent out interview invitations weeks ago, so I know I am basically rejected even through I haven't heard official confirmation yet... although so early, already feeling the real fear I won't get into anywhere (and side fear of cost of vet school if I do get in, hmm...)

Thanks you guys. I already figured it was happening. I have been prepared for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the hardest time of the cycle, friends. You WILL get through it, either way. I got through 2 years of rejections. Sucks, but I'm alive and well :)

And wld, I really really really hope this is your year :xf: :goodluck:

I know I haven't been on here for a while, but I just wanted to pop in and say how sad I am for the Davis rejections already :(. I'm so sorry wld. Davis is crazy to not want to meet you. In protest, I will neglect to study the canine femur tonight, just for you. Don't give up!

Thank you everyone!

CorporateFatCat, you are awesome!

I know I haven't been on here for a while, but I just wanted to pop in and say how sad I am for the Davis rejections already :(. I'm so sorry wld. Davis is crazy to not want to meet you. In protest, I will neglect to study the canine femur tonight, just for you. Don't give up!

I'll join the protest and stop studying viruses!

So Davis was my number 1 and the only school I really wanted to go to since it is in state. I pretty much only applied to other schools because my parents wanted me to. Now I just don't know what to do... but this 20 unit quarter of hell seems much less worth it :cry:

Anyone else in a similar boat?
I know I should just suck it up and reapply if I really want to go to Davis, but after 3 years of busting my ass volunteering and studying... I really just want to give up

So Davis was my number 1 and the only school I really wanted to go to since it is in state. I pretty much only applied to other schools because my parents wanted me to. Now I just don't know what to do... but this 20 unit quarter of hell seems much less worth it :cry:

I know I should just suck it up and reapply if I really want to go to Davis, but after 3 years of busting my ass volunteering and studying... I really just want to give up

Don't EVER give up. You want a vet school that wants YOU. If they don't want you for your experience or studying, there is another school that will, and you may fit better there than you ever would have at Davis.

Or you will get into Davis next cycle and it will all be a distant memory.

That being said, I'm sorry you have to go through losing your top :(

I've been a lurker around here for awhile and finally signed up so I could put my rejection.
This sucks. :(

Auburn:

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Ohio State:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

UC Davis: wldlfstdnt (11/29, status change); Chordata25 (11/29, status change)

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM:

Western:

I know getting rejected from schools makes you feel depressed and inadequate, but if it's what you want, you've got to keep trying and not let it get you down--just keep improving yourself. This is my third application cycle and every year I'm becoming a more qualified candidate. One of these days they're bound to let me in. :xf:

I was rejected from 15 schools over 4 application cycles before I was finally accepted. Don't give up if this is your dream. Push through the pain and try again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Don't EVER give up. You want a vet school that wants YOU. If they don't want you for your experience or studying, there is another school that will, and you may fit better there than you ever would have at Davis.

Or you will get into Davis next cycle and it will all be a distant memory.

That being said, I'm sorry you have to go through losing your top :(

I know getting rejected from schools makes you feel depressed and inadequate, but if it's what you want, you've got to keep trying and not let it get you down--just keep improving yourself. This is my third application cycle and every year I'm becoming a more qualified candidate. One of these days they're bound to let me in. :xf:

I was rejected from 15 schools over 4 application cycles before I was finally accepted. Don't give up if this is your dream. Push through the pain and try again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Thanks everyone! I knew it was difficult to get in the first time; it just felt much more real yesterday when I knew I had no chance. If I get into another school I will consider it, but my heart and finances were really counting on Davis since I live in CA.

I personally know somebody who didn't get in until her 6th - yes, 6th - try. It's hard to judge, of course, but she strikes me as someone who will be a perfectly competent vet. From what I know of her I have no reason to think I wouldn't be confident having her as my own vet.

So, not that I hope it takes that long for *anyone* to get in, but if you're determined, lemurlove is spot on - just keep improving yourself, take the long view, and try hard not to let it get you down.

I went through 3 years and 16 rejections (a few of those were not getting off waitlists, but it is still a rejection in my mind).... hang in there guys. It isn't a good feeling but you will make it through. :)

539329_361802963896667_1978238637_n.jpg

You are all awesome.

Carry On.

I'm sorry :( I also got rejected from them too, but I'm not surprised about that. Even my boss, who has way more confidence in me than I do, tried to persuade me not to apply there because it's just ridiculous.

The application cycle is not over yet. It's honestly out of your (and every applicant's) control, so while it's understandable to be upset (I think it would be abnormal not to be...) there's no use in remaining discouraged, because that won't help you one bit! You need to remember why you're in this: for the animals. They are what matters most, and they would not want you to give up, so keep on keeping on for them. Stay strong <3

I'm sorry I also got rejected from them too, but I'm not surprised about that. Even my boss, who has way more confidence in me than I do, tried to persuade me not to apply there because it's just ridiculous.

The application cycle is not over yet. It's honestly out of your (and every applicant's) control, so while it's understandable to be upset (I think it would be abnormal not to be...) there's no use in remaining discouraged, because that won't help you one bit! You need to remember why you're in this: for the animals. They are what matters most, and they would not want you to give up, so keep on keeping on for them. Stay strong <3

Might as well chip mine in.

Auburn:

Colorado: BlackDog17 (10/17/12, email, OOS).

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Ohio State:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM:

Western:

Auburn:

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Ohio State:

Oregon State University:

Penn: DJiL (12/4,email)

Purdue:

Ross University:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM:

Western:

omg Penn is sending out rejections already?!? I received their e-mail recently acknowledging completion of my application and read that they were going to sift through applications starting in December, but I didn't think results would start THIS early...was this true last year also?

The email said that usually they wait to give all rejections in the spring but this year they are doing it differently and letting the first wave of rejections know asap. I'm pleased with this b/c now I already have closure

The email said that usually they wait to give all rejections in the spring but this year they are doing it differently and letting the first wave of rejections know asap. I'm pleased with this b/c now I already have closure

I guess I'm just shocked at how quickly they went through applications for the first wave. It makes me wonder what is the first thing they actually look at (e.g.: looking at numbers, like GPA, vet hours, etc.)?

Regardless, my words may mean nothing, but I commend you on your attitude and it inspires me :)

for the sake of everything being complete, just including everyone (sorry, don't know how to say that without making it sound kind of like a bummer...).

Auburn:

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Ohio State:

Oregon State University:

Penn: DJiL (12/4,email)

Purdue:

Ross University:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM:

Western:

Auburn:

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Ohio State:

Oregon State University:

Penn: DJiL (12/4,email); BlackDog17 (12/5, email)

Purdue:

Ross University:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM:

Western:

I guess I'm just shocked at how quickly they went through applications for the first wave. It makes me wonder what is the first thing they actually look at (e.g.: looking at numbers, like GPA, vet hours, etc.)?

Regardless, my words may mean nothing, but I commend you on your attitude and it inspires me :)

In my case, it was clear that it was a numbers issue. I have a low GPA and average GRE score, so Penn was my reach school. I basically applied to give peace of mind to my family and my boyfriend's family, that I tried to stay in the area we already live in. Penn said in the email that they will be staying close to the GPA and GRE averages of last year. They did say that they would be looking for a 10% increase in the GRE score though (I think they only meant GRE and not also GPA). Hope this helps.

In my case, it was clear that it was a numbers issue. I have a low GPA and average GRE score, so Penn was my reach school. I basically applied to give peace of mind to my family and my boyfriend's family, that I tried to stay in the area we already live in. Penn said in the email that they will be staying close to the GPA and GRE averages of last year. They did say that they would be looking for a 10% increase in the GRE score though (I think they only meant GRE and not also GPA). Hope this helps.

My GPA was low as well, so I'm sure that's why I was rejected so quickly. I didn't particularly expect to get into Penn, I really just applied to all the schools I had the necessary pre-reqs for, so I'm not particularly surprised at being rejected.

Auburn:

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Ohio State:

Oregon State University:

Penn: DJiL (12/4,email); BlackDog17 (12/5, email); selisona (12/5, email)

Purdue:

Ross University:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM:

Western:

Yep.

awww phooey! :eek: I will probably be posting here soon then! I will probably have an anxiety attack every time my email 'dings' at me now...

Sorry to see anyone having to post on this thread, but I am a strong believer in making the best out of things, and it always seems like they work out in the end! (sucks that you have to wait 'til you are there to see it!)

So then it's an average 3.6 GPA I'm guessing, but what would be a 10% increase, like in the 90th%?? Also, I guess this is a general question for all schools, and it probably sounds silly, but I wonder if there's any organization in how they go through applicants (e.g.: alphabetical, date order they arrived (although VMCAS sends applications in bulk I think)

Auburn:

Colorado: BlackDog17 (10/17/12, email, OOS), jpt30 (10/17/12, email, OOS)

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Ohio State:

Oregon State University:

Penn: DJiL (12/4,email); BlackDog17 (12/5, email); selisona (12/5, email)

Purdue:

Ross University:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM:

Western: