*~*~*~*Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2021-2022*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if TMDSAS sent an email requesting transcripts, does that mean we matched? Received one at 12:16

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
did y'all prematch anywhere? I was requested to send transcripts a few months ago

really dont want to jinx this, but...

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 1.55.01 AM.png

Reactions: 2 users
I got the email requesting transcripts too. I sure hope it means we matched.

Now I’m feeling like I didn’t match since I didn’t get that email :( only had one ii

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
All whi had received an email last night for transcript, did you match?

Reactions: 1 user
All whi had received an email last night for transcript, did you match?

There were some people on reddit who received the email, but did not match. So most likely a glitch

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when official offers come from schools after matching?

I have a quick question. I matched to my last choice school and am waitlisted for my top two schools. I sent a letter of intent to my top choice already. Could I send a letter to my second choice illustrating my interest as long as I don’t state they’re my number one (since they aren’t)? I know it’s in poor taste to send multiple letters of intent but could you send a letter of intent to one and a letter of “interest” to the other? Or should I just leave things as they are?

I have a quick question. I matched to my last choice school and am waitlisted for my top two schools. I sent a letter of intent to my top choice already. Could I send a letter to my second choice illustrating my interest as long as I don’t state they’re my number one (since they aren’t)? I know it’s in poor taste to send multiple letters of intent but could you send a letter of intent to one and a letter of “interest” to the other? Or should I just leave things as they are?
Wait until/unless offered a place on a Wait List, then respond and accept that with enthusiasm and 1 or 2 reasons you'll fit in there

If we are placed on the waitlist for a school, then reapply to the same school when May comes around, Do we retain our spot on the waitlist or is it forfeit?

Logistical Question: In the event, one selects a non-Texas School over our matched school, before the April 30th Deadline, but is still on the waitlist for a TMDSAS school, does the May 15th Deadline still apply to us? Or does only this apply to applicants currently at that moment holding a Texas acceptance, so you would technically be on the waitlist till orientation?

Logistical Question: In the event, one selects a non-Texas School over our matched school, before the April 30th Deadline, but is still on the waitlist for a TMDSAS school, does the May 15th Deadline still apply to us? Or does only this apply to applicants currently at that moment holding a Texas acceptance, so you would technically be on the waitlist till orientation?
PM me-

Similar question--if I'm an IS applicant, matched, but want to wait to hear from higher ranked schools, do I have to relinquish an AMCAS acceptance eventually to remain under consideration for those TMDSAS schools until May 15? Or is there no conflict there? And if so, is that deadline to let go of the AMCAS school acceptance April 30? I'm getting a bit confused over all the different dates/deadlines across the two platforms.

@wysdoc I know this has probably been asked a million times before so I apologize, I searched but couldn't find it. I matched at my fifth choice school and just accepted their "offer of admission" on the AMP portal. This is not binding, correct? If I get a waitlist offer from another school, I will be able to accept and switch my acceptance at the new school? I am sorry for the silly question.
I have the same question, please let me know if you find out!

Does anyone have recent info on how common TMDSAS waitlist acceptances are? And are schools typically unwilling to tell us how high or low we are?

Does anyone have recent info on how common TMDSAS waitlist acceptances are? And are schools typically unwilling to tell us how high or low we are?
None of the Texas schools will give you a number of where you are on a WL.
Some put everyone on the list and others (Dell, for example) only invite a few to WL.
For now, watch your emails for possible WL invitations and think about what you would tell a school if they give you a second chance.

If we are placed on the waitlist for a school, then reapply to the same school when May comes around, Do we retain our spot on the waitlist or is it forfeit?
That's a great question and because the dang application year is so long, a person could definitely overlap in May if they apply right away the second time.
You could try to get your application all ready, and wait to submit it officially until the second week of June maybe.
I suggest you message TMDSAS on your portal and ask this question - they might have a better, more official, answer for you about this.

I had 4 IIs and did not match anywhere. Feeling so devastated. I really don't know where I went wrong. I even practiced interviews with professionals and I was told I had a very nice, personable delivery and made a few minor improvements. Most of my interviews felt great. I don't know what could have led to this outcome. How common is the waitlist movement? I know in the past TX had a great reputation for tons of waitlist movement, but it feels even grimmer this year since Baylor joined TMDSAS. I really don't know what to expect or where I stand anymore or if it's worth keeping hopes. I am making gap year plans and plans to apply this upcoming cycle, but this all just feels unbelievable. Any advice is appreciated.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I had 4 IIs and did not match anywhere. Feeling so devastated. I really don't know where I went wrong. I even practiced interviews with professionals and I was told I had a very nice, personable delivery and made a few minor improvements. Most of my interviews felt great. I don't know what could have led to this outcome. How common is the waitlist movement? I know in the past TX had a great reputation for tons of waitlist movement, but it feels even grimmer this year since Baylor joined TMDSAS. I really don't know what to expect or where I stand anymore or if it's worth keeping hopes. I am making gap year plans and plans to apply this upcoming cycle, but this all just feels unbelievable. Any advice is appreciated.
To work so hard and be turned down is tough to take.
There will be some offers from WLs and I think most of those will happen towards the end of April when some people with a TMDSAS match leave it behind for an OOS acceptance.
Hang on and know that you were a competitive applicant because 4 schools interviewed you. Unfortunately only a little over half of the TMDSAS applicants who get interviews will get a match.

Reactions: 5 users
Woohooig. Sometimes it's just not your time even if you've done all that you can. But don't lose faith nor give up. I've had classmates who've apply 2-4 times and now they are graduating.

Reactions: 4 users
If anyone is curious, below is the response from TMDSAS for this question.

"If you receive an offer once the EY 2023 application has started, you can withdraw the EY 2023 application."

Reactions: 3 users
When should we expect WL movement?
If you want to see how things went last year, scroll over to my Republic of Texas thread for the 2020-2021 cycle starting
on this page #319

You can't make new posts on that thread any more but you can see how it went.
Pretty much there will be a scattering of very few WL offers in March, picking up in April and getting busy in May.

Waiting is awful but that's all we got now

When would you recommend sending a letter of intent, right away after not matching to a preferred school
or wait to see if make it on a waitlist to my preferred school? Would sending the LOI actually help with getting on a waitlist?
Did match but not top choice.

When would you recommend sending a letter of intent, right away after not matching to a preferred school
or wait to see if make it on a waitlist to my preferred school? Would sending the LOI actually help with getting on a waitlist?
Did match but not top choice.
Give it a week or two to see if you are invited to a WL.
Try to recall what they said at your interview day (if they said anything) about it as well.
Sending a LOI will not get you to the WL if that is not what the school decided already.

From what applicants have told me this year so far:
At McGovern everyone who interviewed but didn't match is on the WL
At Lubbock, UTMB, Dell you need to be invited to the WL
I haven't heard for certain about the other schools this year, so I don't want to speculate or write something wrong on here.

And hey by the way, you matched! That's something to be proud of and happy about.

Let's talk about what happens next, after Match Day

You Matched:
1. Be proud and happy and thankful.
2. Respond to your Matched school by whatever means they suggest (email or portal) and accept your offer.
3. Your school may give you a deadline by which they want a response - read their communications carefully!
The overall commit date for choosing a school is April 30, but if they tell you they need to hear back from you sooner, do that.
4. You could get an offer to wait on a WL (Wait List) from any school you had ranked higher than your Match school.

You Didn't Match:
1. It's okay to feel disappointed, sad, discouraged, & mad. It won't help much today to know you are in good company, but only about 33% of Texas applicants gain admission.
2. Any schools which interviewed you may invite you to be on their WL. Some schools WL everyone who didn't match, some make a more limited WL. I don't know which is which.
3. If offered a spot on a WL, accept it. You might want to also write an email detailing your interest and fit for the school.

How do vacancies arise after Match Day?
1. Some TX acceptees will later get in to an OOS school they prefer, leave their TX Match behind, creating openings that can be filled from a WL.
2. Some applicants will be ineligible to start school for a variety of reasons.
3. Some TX acceptees will take a WL offer from a school they had ranked higher than their Match school, leading to a domino effect with slots now being open at the school they are relinquishing.

Wait List offer Rules for Texas:
1. You can accept your match school and still be eligible for a WL offer, until May 15th.
2. You still do have to commit to your Match school by April 30.
3. WL offers to those with "No Match" can happen at any time after Match Day.
4. After May 15th, offers of admission can only be made to applicants with no other Texas offers of admission. This includes OOS applicants to the TMDSAS schools.
5. If you get an offer from a WL, but you are satisfied with your current school, you do NOT have to accept it. But do respond, politely declining the offer.

What if I have to reapply?

Well, our long long application cycle isn't over yet - if you didn't match but are on some WLs you still could get in this year.
TMDSAS is going to have a presentation on strategy for reapplicants on March 23rd at 6 pm Central Time.

Check the TMDSAS Twitter feed to see the dates of other topics you might be interested in. They are now doing their presentations on YouTube live so anyone can tune in.

Give it a week or two to see if you are invited to a WL.
Try to recall what they said at your interview day (if they said anything) about it as well.
Sending a LOI will not get you to the WL if that is not what the school decided already.

From what applicants have told me this year so far:
At McGovern everyone who interviewed but didn't match is on the WL
At Lubbock, UTMB, Dell you need to be invited to the WL
I haven't heard for certain about the other schools this year, so I don't want to speculate or write something wrong on here.

And hey by the way, you matched! That's something to be proud of and happy about.
Thank you so much. Appreciate your efforts and advice.

Have anyone else's transcripts taken a while to be marked as received? Today is the 10-day mark for me since I got the confirmation from the transcript service that they were delivered but TMDSAS still says not received. I don't know how long to wait until reaching out to TMDSAS. Thanks!

What TMDSAS schools offer 1-on-1 application reviews and how do set one up?

What TMDSAS schools offer 1-on-1 application reviews and how do set one up?
Texas Tech Lubbock and Long have offered them in the past.
I recommend you tune in to the special webcast on March 23, 2022 at 6 pm to hear what TMDSAS and THES have to say about improving as a reapplicant. I am guessing they will share any info they have about schools offering reviews.
I will also post information I find on this thread.

Texas Tech Lubbock and Long have offered them in the past.
I recommend you tune in to the special webcast on March 23, 2022 at 6 pm to hear what TMDSAS and THES have to say about improving as a reapplicant. I am guessing they will share any info they have about schools offering reviews.
I will also post information I find on this thread.
Do you know if this session will be recorded? I have work at 6, and I don't think I can catch the live stream.