*~*~*~* Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2023-2024 *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Quick question, I know for OOS and AMCAS schools you need to narrow down your acceptances to 1 school by April 30th. But, can you still remain on waitlists after April 30th, or do you need to withdraw from those as well? (Essentially can you have 1 A and WL after April 30?)
With respect to TMDSAS only, you can hold one acceptance and stay on TMDSAS WL's after April 30.
BUT (there's always a but!)
1. If you already have a TMDSAS acceptance your last day to get in from a TMDSAS WL is May 15th.
2. Your AMCAS school, if you have an AMCAS offer and that's the one you prefer, MIGHT insist you drop all other A's and WL's on April 30.

Think about this stuff now so you know what you will do.
Don't wait until April 29 and panic :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
With respect to TMDSAS only, you can hold one acceptance and stay on TMDSAS WL's after April 30.
BUT (there's always a but!)
1. If you already have a TMDSAS acceptance your last day to get in from a TMDSAS WL is May 15th.
2. Your AMCAS school, if you have an AMCAS offer and that's the one you prefer, MIGHT insist you drop all other A's and WL's on April 30.

Think about this stuff now so you know what you will do.
Don't wait until April 29 and panic :)
Thanks for this info @wysdoc. I am like 90% sure I will attend my TMDSAS school but I also have TMDSAS WLs that I would like to stay on. Most likely will withdraw from my AMCAS schools, but just wanted to be fully sure!

Quick question, I know for OOS and AMCAS schools you need to narrow down your acceptances to 1 school by April 30th. But, can you still remain on waitlists after April 30th, or do you need to withdraw from those as well? (Essentially can you have 1 A and WL after April 30?)
Yes

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know TMDSAS asks for official transcripts after every semester. Are we required to send an official transcript to TMDSAS after this semester ends in May?

I know TMDSAS asks for official transcripts after every semester. Are we required to send an official transcript to TMDSAS after this semester ends in May?
They do not require official transcripts every semester, but if you wished to enter new grades during the application cycle you could do that in the TMDSAS portal .
Did you send a transcript to TMDSAS when they requested it, after your first admission offer? If so, you don’t need to send it again.

The school where you matriculate will want one sent directly to them, to confirm your final semester grades and the evidence of your bachelor’s degree.

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry general question, if we r WL at a TMDSAS school but start a new application when they open how does that impact the waitlist? If you submit your 2024-2025 application are you automatically removed from the waitlist?

Sorry general question, if we r WL at a TMDSAS school but start a new application when they open how does that impact the waitlist? If you submit your 2024-2025 application are you automatically removed from the waitlist?
It will be okay
Unfortunately when the 2 cycles overlap a bit like this you might be aiming to submit as early as you can- in TMDSAS the earliest day you can submit this year is May 15th.
If you get in from a WL after you submit, simply message TMDSAS on your portal and ask them to withdraw your 2024-2025 application.
Specifically, starting your new app does not automatically remove you from your WLs.

Hey Im actually applying the 2024-2025 cycle and having a panic attack right now in terms of when I should be doing casper.

I am going to be submitting my application on May 15th, but Im unsure whether to rush and take the casper on the 14th or wait until the 30th. I have heard horror stories of high stat applicants not getting any interviews in TX due to scoring first quartile, so I want to make sure I can give myself time to prep all while applying early.

I was wondering: if I apply on the 15th, I'd probably start getting secondaries at the end of May. Then, I'd take 2 weeks to finish those secondaries. Hence, if I take Casper on the 30th, which takes 2-3 weeks to be received by schools, would that still make me be considered in the early cohort for TX? I really want to get an edge in terms of being early, but I will be seriously grinding my essays out right before the 15th, so I wanna make sure I can still give time to focus on the casper.

Hey Im actually applying the 2024-2025 cycle and having a panic attack right now in terms of when I should be doing casper. I really want to get an edge in terms of being early, but I will be seriously grinding my essays out right before the 15th, so I wanna make sure I can still give time to focus on the casper.
imo you can’t really prep for CASPER, but doesn’t really matter. you won’t be late regardless.

Hey Im actually applying the 2024-2025 cycle and having a panic attack right now in terms of when I should be doing casper.

I am going to be submitting my application on May 15th, but Im unsure whether to rush and take the casper on the 14th or wait until the 30th. I have heard horror stories of high stat applicants not getting any interviews in TX due to scoring first quartile, so I want to make sure I can give myself time to prep all while applying early.

I was wondering: if I apply on the 15th, I'd probably start getting secondaries at the end of May. Then, I'd take 2 weeks to finish those secondaries. Hence, if I take Casper on the 30th, which takes 2-3 weeks to be received by schools, would that still make me be considered in the early cohort for TX? I really want to get an edge in terms of being early, but I will be seriously grinding my essays out right before the 15th, so I wanna make sure I can still give time to focus on the casper.
You can submit on the 15th and then do your CASPer. The schools won’t get your primary from TMDSAS for 4-6 weeks. Please don’t freak out over the timing of this.
Be sure to take “Duet” also, because a few TX schools want it

You can submit on the 15th and then do your CASPer. The schools won’t get your primary from TMDSAS for 4-6 weeks. Please don’t freak out over the timing of this.
Be sure to take “Duet” also, because a few TX schools want it
wysdoc you always relieve my anxieties, I'm a very anxious person so you really are a wysdoc!! So if it takes TMDSAS 4-6 weeks to receive my app, how long could it be for me to receive secondaries if I submit the day the submission opens (05/15)?

They don't look at your CASPer scores until around the time you get an interview invitation or after, so way early.
No more fretting.
thanks-- This does make me curious, though; I saw on the TMDSAS website that some schools will not send out IIs until after the Casper is received. So does that mean applications are still initially reviewed even without casper?

wysdoc you always relieve my anxieties, I'm a very anxious person so you really are a wysdoc!! So if it takes TMDSAS 4-6 weeks to receive my app, how long could it be for me to receive secondaries if I submit the day the submission opens (05/15)?
TMDSAS gets your app the day you submit it.
Then they go to work on it and it will be 4 weeks before they transmit it to the schools you selected.
When it is ready TMDSAS will usually email you or email you a message to check your portal.

Some schools like Long don't look at it until after your interview!
It is safe to do it after submitting your TMDSAS primary.

Don't forget to log in to your MCAT portal and give them permission to release your scores to TMDSAS -

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I have heard horror stories of high stat applicants not getting any interviews in TX due to scoring first quartile, so I want to make sure I can give myself time to prep all while applying early.

Your peers didn't study for the test as much as you think to get a top score. Most were still.able to submit a primary by June and get a top SJT score/s. Read

I encourage you and your peers to participate in our next SJT Experience Survey in the fall. We are presenting data from the report about likelihood of early interview from Casper/PREview result from last year's responses and do not see this relationship between high scores and interviews.

Last edited:
I would kindly like some advice on BCPM inclusion of a previous course for prerequisite.

I’m a non-trad: 10 year out from my undergraduate nursing degree and 7 out from my graduate degree in nursing. Brick and mortar Ivy League, if that matters.

In the past year I’ve been retaking Chem and Physics to meet all the requirements that those courses: aren’t introductory, have a lab, and are part of a science department.

In that same vein, I *may* be short 4 semester hours in biology (just lecture, my lab requirement's already fulfilled) and thus may need to take another course for prerequisite credit. Such a course will be ongoing when I apply.

Here’s my dilemma: not included in that calculation is my graduate coursework. I took Advanced Pathology and Pathophysiology which is 4 semester credit hours.

I think it may not be coded as a prerequisite because it has the “NURS” prefix and was taking in the nursing school building (it was taught by a PhD physiologist - but he’s employed by the nursing school).
Reading the syllabus for the equivalent course in the science department of the community college where I’m doing my DIY postbacc and descriptions in course catalogs at other schools which are coded as a prerequisite- the course I took is of at least the same scientific standard. The only difference in the catalog description is that it specifies it’s intended for application within advanced nursing practice.

I would love for the course I had taken at my graduate school to count so I have less divided attention during the app cycle. But I’m not hedging my bets on that. TMDSAS as clear language that courses should be “applied to a baccalaureate degree in the traditional science fields”. Ultimately, I registered for another DIY community college postbacc class worth 4 semester hours.

In an ideal situation, I would find out my previous coursework can be coded as the TMDSAS Physiology and Pathophysiology, and I’m able to drop the summer class with no fee.

To find out if this is possible , my thought is to reach out to my graduate school to correspond with TMDSAS to get the course approved ahead of the application. My community college had already said in the past that they can’t accept the transfer since I’m not degree seeking.

For my expectation management, how strict is TMDSAS on “graduate coursework does not counter towards the prerequisites for the school”? Does my strategy seem viable?

Last edited:
I would kindly like some advice on BCPM inclusion of a previous course for prerequisite.

I’m a non-trad: 10 year out from my undergraduate nursing degree and 7 out from my graduate degree in nursing. Brick and mortar Ivy League, if that matters.

In the past year I’ve been retaking Chem and Physics to meet all the requirements that those courses: aren’t introductory, have a lab, and are part of a science department.

In that same vein, I *may* be short 4 semester hours in biology (just lecture, my lab requirement's already fulfilled) and thus may need to take another course for prerequisite credit. Such a course will be ongoing when I apply.

Here’s my dilemma: not included in that calculation is my graduate coursework. I took Advanced Pathology and Pathophysiology which is 4 semester credit hours.

I think it may not be coded as a prerequisite because it has the “NURS” prefix and was taking in the nursing school building (it was taught by a PhD physiologist - but he’s employed by the nursing school).
Reading the syllabus for the equivalent course in the science department of the community college where I’m doing my DIY postbacc and descriptions in course catalogs at other schools which are coded as a prerequisite- the course I took is of at least the same scientific standard. The only difference in the catalog description is that it specifies it’s intended for application within advanced nursing practice.

I would love for the course I had taken at my graduate school to count so I have less divided attention during the app cycle. But I’m not hedging my bets on that. TMDSAS as clear language that courses should be “applied to a baccalaureate degree in the traditional science fields”. Ultimately, I registered for another DIY community college postbacc class worth 4 semester hours.

In an ideal situation, I would find out my previous coursework can be coded as the TMDSAS Physiology and Pathophysiology, and I’m able to drop the summer class with no fee.

To find out if this is possible , my thought is to reach out to my graduate school to correspond with TMDSAS to get the course approved ahead of the application. My community college had already said in the past that they can’t accept the transfer since I’m not degree seeking.

For my expectation management, how strict is TMDSAS on “graduate coursework does not counter towards the prerequisites for the school”? Does my strategy seem viable?
sending you a message

Hello all, just to make sure, any letter of intent that I've sent to a waitlist school won't affect my existing match at another school, right?

Hello all, just to make sure, any letter of intent that I've sent to a waitlist school won't affect my existing match at another school, right?
No, your current school can’t read your LOI to your WL school.
A reminder to everyone - if you get an offer of admission from a WL, you don’t HAVE to take it.
If you want to accept it say yes, then send your regrets to your present school.
If by now you are fond of your current school, you can turn down a WL offer.

Whichever way you decide, you will not have very long to give an answer so “pre-think” it over now.

Accepting, or declining, a WL offer takes some action from you.

Reactions: 2 users