Official Touro Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Members don't see this ad :)
Yaaaay! just got in!!! see you all next year!!!
Congrats! when did you interview?

My bad, didn't see you already gave the answer. That is very quick! goodluck!

Last edited:
Just interviewed this Wednesday 11/7 also and just got acceptance email! GPA 3.65 TS DAT: 19. Also got accepted to BU & UNE. just need to make decision. what to choose...

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to those accepted. Do any of you guys know what % interviewed are accepted?!

Reactions: 1 user
anyone interviewing at touro this Wed wanna share a ride from westchester airport? Im staying at La Quinta Inns btw (like 2miles away from school)

For those of you who interviewed in December, how long did it take to hear your decision?

Just interviewed this Wednesday 11/7 also and just got acceptance email! GPA 3.65 TS DAT: 19. Also got accepted to BU & UNE. just need to make decision. what to choose...
What did you say on the interview that got you such a quick acceptance??

Not sure, maybe that I had already gotten into 2 other schools?
I disagree. That would be a reason not to accept you. Unless you were able to prove to them that you would rather pick touro over the other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
How would she know what she said was the deciding factor?

I think touro picks for stats more than anything.

anyone staying near La Quinta for tomorrow interview wanna go out for dinner?

I wonder when we will even be placed on the waitlist? People on my interview day already heard back, and I'm feeling like I didn't get chosen.

I disagree. That would be a reason not to accept you. Unless you were able to prove to them that you would rather pick touro over the other schools.
I told them that I would rather attend Touro then the other schools.

I just interviewed here an hour and a half ago ask me anything.

I just interviewed here an hour and a half ago ask me anything.
Did they say anything about giving out more interviews?
How was the interview? Did you like the campus?

Good luck, I hope you hear back soon :)

Did they say anything about giving out more interviews?
How was the interview? Did you like the campus?

Good luck, I hope you hear back soon :)

They didn't make any mention of giving out any interviews specifically but the student ambassadors did mention that if you've already made it this far you already have a pretty good chance. They also said that they had someone who was accepted during their orientation week so there's hope until then.

The interview itself was VERY relaxed, my interviewer did most of the talking (lots of praise about my stats, other compliments, career advice etc), I probably said a combined total of 15 sentences. There were only 4 or 5 questions that were very "interviewy" including "Why Touro" and "Why dentistry".

Our tour took us to the building where the medical school students hangout because that's where the gross anatomy lab, the student lounge, study room, and library are (the dental building has a student lounge and library too but they said the medical one is open longer). We also toured the dental building and they showed us the sim lab (which was awesome) and the lounge there. There's still some construction there and the clinic isn't open yet.

The campus itself is very large, 55 acres for students of all health disciplines. It's also an older school so it has a lot of history. It's not exactly spectacular in terms of looks but the school and the area around have a very small town feel to it.

All in all, if I was a resident of New York or neighboring states I would definitely go here. The opening lecture the dean gave us really made a good impression on me.

Note: sorry for wall of text but I figured the information will be of use to someone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
They didn't make many mention of giving out any interviews specifically but the student ambassadors did mention that if you've already made it this far you already have a pretty good chance. They also said that they had someone who was accepted during their orientation week so there's hope until then.

The interview itself was VERY relaxed, my interviewer did most of the talking (lots of praise about my stats, other compliments, career advice etc), I probably said a combined total of 15 sentences. There were only 4 or 5 questions that were very "interviewy" including "Why Touro" and "Why dentistry".

Our tour took us to the building where the medical school students hangout because that's where the gross anatomy lab, the student lounge, study room, and library are (the dental building has a student lounge and library too but they said the medical one is open longer). We also toured the dental building and they showed us the sim lab (which was awesome) and the lounge there. There's still some construction there and the clinic isn't open yet.

The campus itself is very large, 55 acres for students of all health disciplines. It's also an older school so it has a lot of history. It's not exactly spectacular in terms of looks but the school and the area around have a very small town feel to it.

All in all, if I was a resident of New York or neighboring states I would definitely go here. The opening lecture the dean gave us really made a good impression on me.

Note: sorry for wall of text but I figured the information will be of use to someone.
THANK YOU SO MUCH ;) You are amazing! Hope you hear back from them soon!

One of the faculty, older man in his 70s. Really cool guy, was very casual when he'd talk to me.

Are you going to touro?

interviewed here yesterday too.
Overall, it was a great experience, everything went smoothly, and he even told me he was impressed and says great thing about my LOR LOL, hopefully thats a good news. My interviewer only asked me two questions, why touro and dentistry haha, and for the rest of the interviews I interviewed him lol.

Last edited:
interviewed here yesterday too.
Overall, it was a great experience, everything went smoothly, and he even told me he was impressed and says great thing about my LOR LOL, hopefully thats a good news. My interviewer only asked me two questions, why touro and dentistry haha, and for the rest of the interviews I interviewed him lol.
Would you choose Touro over other private schools like NYU or Nova.

Anyone hear back from yesterday interview yet? I know someone got accepted this morning interviewed yesterday lol

Just heard back guys, I cried. If you just had your interview, they usually choose the cream of the crop within 2 days but I think the interviewers hold a meeting the coming wednesday to discuss on making your decision so you should hear back next thursday morning. I wish you guys the best of luck! Thank you for a great ride.

Just heard back guys, I cried. If you just had your interview, they usually choose the cream of the crop within 2 days but I think the interviewers hold a meeting the coming wednesday to discuss on making your decision so you should hear back next thursday morning. I wish you guys the best of luck! Thank you for a great ride.
when did u interview and did u get an email this morning or just now?

I interviewed wednesday and didnt hear anything back yet. When should i get nervous..?

What were your stats?

Got the Email today as well!! Very exciting !!

Interviewed on 12/14 and got accepted this morning!! ahhh, first acceptance... don't know if I should put down the deposit. (2k and 30 day deadline). I applied late and haven't heard back from any other schools :(

For anyone wondering:
overall: 3.86, sci: 3.62
22AA/21TS/22PA

Last edited:
Just for a reminder, there is a Facebook group for 2021 class. Join in

Interviewed on 12/14 and got accepted this morning!! ahhh, first acceptance... don't know if I should put down the deposit. (2k and 30 day deadline). I applied late and haven't heard back from any other schools :(

For anyone wondering:
22AA/21TS/22PA
Those stats!! How did you not hear anything back yet? You will probably get a few more notifications in the coming weeks

For anyone wondering:
22AA/21TS/22PA
Just wondering, when did you apply ?