*Official University of Iowa Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread*

What is everyone wearing to orientation? I know that Rachel's email said scrubs or business casual, but I have a stupid fear of being the only one to show up in scrubs, haha.
Blazer and dress pants. I wouldnt wear scrubs during orientation. Thats just me.

Members don't see this ad.

What is everyone wearing to orientation? I know that Rachel's email said scrubs or business casual, but I have a stupid fear of being the only one to show up in scrubs, haha.

Wear business clothes day 1, just because thats when you get your headshot. I wore scrubs the other days, as did about 1/2 the class

As for number of scrubs, it depends how often you do laundry. I bought 5 sets for my D1 year and have added 1 or 2 D2 and D3 year. Some scrubs just get nasty when you wear them so often and are used for lab work. Eventually those old D1 scrubs can be used on endo days D3 year so that you don't feel like you ruined a set if you get bleach on them :)

Wear business clothes day 1, just because thats when you get your headshot. I wore scrubs the other days, as did about 1/2 the class

As for number of scrubs, it depends how often you do laundry. I bought 5 sets for my D1 year and have added 1 or 2 D2 and D3 year. Some scrubs just get nasty when you wear them so often and are used for lab work. Eventually those old D1 scrubs can be used on endo days D3 year so that you don't feel like you ruined a set if you get bleach on them :)

Hi, does anyone know approximately how many credit hours dental students take each semester here at Iowa? I just checked on our MYUI student portal and am currently registered for 17 s.h...But, I thought we were supposed to have nearly 30 credit hours? Have they not fully updated this yet, or was I misinformed?

Members don't see this ad :)

Now I notice that they say professional attire in the most recent email. I assume that means more professional than business casual? Would a skirt suit be too formal? I'm so clueless when it comes to this stuff, after having worked in a casual field for so long.

Now I notice that they say professional attire in the most recent email. I assume that means more professional than business casual? Would a skirt suit be too formal? I'm so clueless when it comes to this stuff, after having worked in a casual field for so long.
I wore a nicer dress. Nicer than a summer dress, but not a suit by any means.

It was similar to this dress http://www.target.com/p/women-s-ponte-capsleeve-sheath-dress-cobalt-necessary-objects/-/A-50681559