Oh, the Places I've Been WW - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Karabiner13

Ohio State c/o 2018
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You're off to great places,
Today is you day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!

ezgif-1-d69d305425.jpg

So maybe it's not Dr. Suess and maybe it's based on my travels. But there's still fun and crazy in store for all!

If you have not been told differently, you are a VILLAGER

Rules:
  1. You may PM with the people within your group. If you're feeling inclined, please include me, I'm nosy
  2. No screenshots. No quoting mod pms. If you must, you may copy and paste
  3. Don't edit lynch votes. You may edit posts
  4. If discussion stops and there is an overwhelming majority before lynch deadline, lynch may close early. No plurality rules. Otherwise deadlines will be as follows: Night closes at 6 am EDT, Lynch closes at 10 pm EDT
  5. Early actions and contingency actions are much appreciated.
  6. Dead must post in **** stars ****; manators in :)smileys;)
  7. No posting strategy between lynch/night close and the posting of the write-up. Additionally, do not share night results before the write-up is posted
  8. You can roll reveal if you want, but it won't help you terribly much
  9. I expect good participation from all of you. You need to at least consistently do lynch votes/ any other actions. If you need to be subbed out, let me know and I'll attempt to find one. Please don't make me mod kill you
It is now Day 1. Lynch will close at 10pm EDT tomorrow

Nicaragua
1. @PrincessButterCup
2. @strider144
3. @SnowshoeDog143
4. @StayingPositive2017

The Balkans
5. @sparrow_lily
6. @Mad Jack
7. @WildZoo
8. @genny
9. @SummerTheLynx

England
10. @LetItSnow
11. @Animal Midwife
12. @nyanko
13. @Crayola227

United States/Canada
14. @britzen
15. @Cyndia
16. @Ceke2002
17. @allieh8607

Manators
@finnickthedog
@Trilt
@PippyPony

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch @sparrow_lilly

I want to get a feel for the responses of those WW'ers I'm less familiar with.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Careful, don't forget to bold / ## your vote!
It was a joke and not a real vote, and I'm not sure if you meant your post as a joke as well so I'm typing in tiny font because that somehow makes sense.

Reactions: 2 users
It was a joke and not a real vote, and I'm not sure if you meant your post as a joke as well so I'm typing in tiny font because that somehow makes sense.
I read it as a joke back due to the exclamation point

Reactions: 1 users
Yep, it was joking on my part, too!

Reactions: 1 user
If someone keeps a lynch tally, they will have my eternal gratitude. I'll do my best but it's just me and Prev Med has a lot of off-site trips

Assuming that means you'd like to hear from the noobs quite a bit.
Fair warning then I work swing shifts so my posting time may be 'off'
Whenever people post about being busy/off the thread I see that as a bit of a red flag. Wolves tend to be way more worried about preemptively explaining low activity than villagers.

Lynch Tally

STL (1) - Genny
Nyanko (1) - Wildzoo
Sparrow_Lilly (1) - Ceke

(3/17 voting)

Yay glad to finally get a WW game in haha!

I don't know a lot of people so random to hear from someone lets lynch the brit in the USA for right now

Lynch britzen

Is anyone else seeing possible patterns with these countries - eg Nicaragua associated with revolution, possibly chaos; Balkans, war, instability, Eurasian wolves, etc. I'm finding the spread of players interesting as well, and PBC's quip about royalty - perhaps an inadvertent hint at some sort of higher role, perhaps Chaos, within the game? :thinking:

Is anyone else seeing possible patterns with these countries - eg Nicaragua associated with revolution, possibly chaos; Balkans, war, instability, Eurasian wolves, etc. I'm finding the spread of players interesting as well, and PBC's quip about royalty - perhaps an inadvertent hint at some sort of higher role, perhaps Chaos, within the game? :thinking:

I feel like groups are not really a good representation of what anyone's affiliations are. It's just an area to PM with others.

Got a house evaluation in 20 minutes, then I'm off to snoozeville (yes I know it's 1 in the afternoon here, yes my sleep patterns are a tad barse ackwards sometimes). I'll reconsider my current lynch when I'm back up and about.

:=|:-):

I feel like groups are not really a good representation of what anyone's affiliations are. It's just an area to PM with others.

Yes, people keep saying this, but as a game master it would be a cunning stroke of genius to make such representations/associations knowing the majority don't subscribe to them.

Kara mentioned in the beginning that the countries were based on her travels, so I don't think that there is supposed to be a certain pattern that would be a hint.

I'm honestly so poorly familiar with these countries and WW that I wouldn't be able to associate certain common roles to countries. But it would make sense for there to be some sort of correlation. It'd seem to be a clever way to interject stuff, like in the lion king WW with the waterhole role?

Just wait until you get to other projections..

View attachment 224544

We are at these too :laugh: you're officially my favorite due to cat chem memes

Yes, people keep saying this, but as a game master it would be a cunning stroke of genius to make such representations/associations knowing the majority don't subscribe to them.

I just feel like the game would be somewhat unbalanced to have every group contain 4 of each affiliation. WW ends as soon as village numbers are equal to non-village numbers.

and PBC's quip about royalty - perhaps an inadvertent hint at some sort of higher role, perhaps Chaos, within the game? :thinking:

My name is Princess Buttercup, and people like to remove my title and turn me into a peanut butter cup. Though delicious, I prefer being a princess. Ski calls me Queen of Slime which rates above peanut butter cup, imo, since I keep my royal standing.

Love that you consider chaos a 'higher role.' We could be friends. :p

lynch stayingpositive

because I spent tonight studying for the navle, and knowing how little I know makes me want to throw a computer at happy phrases like that. :scared: