Ok State Class of 2016 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got called off the waitlist !!! It still has not sunk in! Very ready to be an OSU student!!:)

Yay! Congrats! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone able to invite to the facebook group? I should probably start thinking about where to live and the group seems like it would be a good place for opinions.

I'm at facebook.com/vivamc

Thanks!

Sad news guys. I might not be joining the c/o 2016 anymore. I just got called off of Illinois' wait list and there were some things that I really liked about their program that is drawing me to it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sad news guys. I might not be joining the c/o 2016 anymore. I just got called off of Illinois' wait list and there were some things that I really liked about their program that is drawing me to it.

Did you already send your deposit...:confused:
Congrats either way! :D

Is it really sad news if you're still going to school? It's a positive that you have a choice :) Congrats either way.

Did you already send your deposit...:confused:
Congrats either way! :D

Unfortunately yes, but I don't think it's processed yet, so maybe I can decline my offer and it won't be since I don't think it's gotten there yet?? Still, I'd rather lose $500 vs the $2000 I would have spent on my Glasgow deposit.

Unfortunately yes, but I don't think it's processed yet, so maybe I can decline my offer and it won't be since I don't think it's gotten there yet?? Still, I'd rather lose $500 vs the $2000 I would have spent on my Glasgow deposit.

Yeah for sure! I would definitely call and see what they will do for you though! Either way, this is so awesome! Congratulations (again :oops:)

I'm sad about you not coming here but happy for you if you feel like Illinois is a better fit. Give it some good thought and a bit of price comparison, but UIUC is a great town and a great school. The teaching hospital is a maze though! Lol.

I'm sad about you not coming here but happy for you if you feel like Illinois is a better fit. Give it some good thought and a bit of price comparison, but UIUC is a great town and a great school. The teaching hospital is a maze though! Lol.

Haha. It definitely is. It's a windy one too.

Has anyone on the waitlist called to see if the oos waitlist is still moving or if the class of 2016 is full as of now?

Has anyone on the waitlist called to see if the oos waitlist is still moving or if the class of 2016 is full as of now?
Just based on how it has gone in the past, it is probably still moving. I'm sure they wouldn't mind you calling, though. Anna is super nice and helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I have made plans to come visit OK in June to scout out apartments, barns, the school, and life in general.

Any advance tips are welcome.

So I have made plans to come visit OK in June to scout out apartments, barns, the school, and life in general.

Stay away from the Forty North apartments. Far away.

Prepare to sweat ;) And bring GPS. A lot of the barns are well off the beaten path / down dirt roads. Some barns, especailly the English ones, you'll have to call ahead because they are gated.

When I was house hunting, I had the best luck driving around and calling numbers off signs in front of houses. Most people qere very willing to schedule something on a few hours or a day's notice. There are definitely still houses available in the neighborhood behind the vet school if you're looking to go that route. I know nothing about apartments and complexes in town, but there is a new one opening up (I think it's 51 at Tradan Heights) or something like that, a couple vet students are moving there this summer.

I gave you the names of barns I've heard good things about, but if you want me to ask around about others, just let me know.

Prepare to sweat ;) And bring GPS. A lot of the barns are well off the beaten path / down dirt roads. Some barns, especailly the English ones, you'll have to call ahead because they are gated.

When I was house hunting, I had the best luck driving around and calling numbers off signs in front of houses. Most people qere very willing to schedule something on a few hours or a day's notice. There are definitely still houses available in the neighborhood behind the vet school if you're looking to go that route. I know nothing about apartments and complexes in town, but there is a new one opening up (I think it's 51 at Tradan Heights) or something like that, a couple vet students are moving there this summer.

I gave you the names of barns I've heard good things about, but if you want me to ask around about others, just let me know.

Thanks for the advice! I've already started my barn-hunting spreadsheet (yes, I'm that neurotic), and am postponing looking at living quarters until we get a little closer. I don't even know where anything is yet, so I'll figure that out as we go!

Thanks for the advice! I've already started my barn-hunting spreadsheet (yes, I'm that neurotic), and am postponing looking at living quarters until we get a little closer. I don't even know where anything is yet, so I'll figure that out as we go!
Just wanted to say it is nice seeing you getting ready to go to school!

Just wanted to say it is nice seeing you getting ready to go to school!

Aw, thanks SOV! I am trying to focus on getting through my finals (even though I want to be all "I'm going to vet school, peace out!") before I start planning/freaking out in earnest. Which gives me until next Friday, when I will be all over the planning.

I'm sad I wont be around! I'm heading to New England the last week of May

We'll probably cross paths in mid-air, since I'm coming from MA! :D Sorry I'll be missing you, but hopefully we'll meet up when classes start!

Yep, just let me know when you'll be around and I'll be ready. It's a small town so 5 days might be more than you really need - but if the extra hotel days don't make a difference, then hey, whatever. :)