You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Oh I completely agree. It should’ve been done already, so idk why they’re taking so long.For two weeks notice, it should have been this past thurs fri. Good thing OK is not that big so travel arrangements aren't hard. lol
Also I feel bad for the Friday interviewers who have to interview on the day of our first Phys exam. 😢
Oh I completely agree. It should’ve been done already, so idk why they’re taking so long.
Also I feel bad for the Friday interviewers who have to interview on the day of our first Phys exam. 😢
Hehe. There is historically always a big first year exam that has the potential to scare interviewees from drawn first year faces. It was always the first Anatomy in the past.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah that’s the 15th! It would’ve been the first exam if it was on regular schedule.Hehe. There is historically always a big first year exam that has the potential to scare interviewees from drawn first year faces. It was always the first Anatomy in the past.

I think someone mentioned that they won't know until the 31st. I have a shadowing girl that keeps me pretty informed, too. Good luck everyone!
The email with important dates which was sent to everyone who applied to OSU and has been posted on here and quoted a few times says that IS students will be invited for interviews on the 30th [emoji52]I think someone mentioned that they won't know until the 31st. I have a shadowing girl that keeps me pretty informed, too. Good luck everyone!
Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
I swear that face did not look angry when I entered it on my phone [emoji28]The email with important dates which was sent to everyone who applied to OSU and has been posted on here and quoted a few times says that IS students will be invited for interviews on the 30th [emoji52]
Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
Has any OOS students received a rejection e-mail yet? Going crazy over here. Not sure if they went out or if I just didn't get one. Good luck everyone 🙂
Those don't go out until all decisions are made end of Feb, then all acceptance, alternate, and rejects are sent same time. Hang in there!Has any OOS students received a rejection e-mail yet? Going crazy over here. Not sure if they went out or if I just didn't get one. Good luck everyone 🙂
Today is the day that OOS applicants who don't meet the minimum requirements for OSU get their rejection email. So as long as you meet those requirements you're set until they make their decisions in early March (per the important dates email)Has any OOS students received a rejection e-mail yet? Going crazy over here. Not sure if they went out or if I just didn't get one. Good luck everyone 🙂
Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
Aghh more waiting for official news. This is torture. Thank you!!!
Oh yeah. I forget those exist sometimes. I was very anal when I applied to school that all my stuff met requirements. lolToday is the day that OOS applicants who don't meet the minimum requirements for OSU get their rejection email. So as long as you meet those requirements you're set until they make their decisions in early March (per the important dates email)
Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
I will forever not be angry that GRE just decided not to send my scores to OSU. And I got an email about it 1 week before the GRE scores were due to the school.Oh yeah. I forget those exist sometimes. I was very anal when I applied to school that all my stuff met requirements. lol
That was a prolonged anxiety attack.
Last year it was quiet after the first email in December until the acceptance late February.does anyone know if OSU sends out an update email with any idea of timeline? Being OOS the silence is killing me!
Hang in there! It sucks, but you can do it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They sent one out on December first with the exact timeline that they are following. I'm OOS too so the wait definitely sucks but we should hear back in about a month. [emoji2]does anyone know if OSU sends out an update email with any idea of timeline? Being OOS the silence is killing me!
Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
does anyone know if OSU sends out an update email with any idea of timeline? Being OOS the silence is killing me!
They sent out an email December 1st with important dates. OOS and IS are supposed to be notified of acceptance/rejection/waitlist “early March”
It is. It’s a lot nicer if you’re IS, but it’s just a lot of waiting for OOS. I had already given up with being a vet student & had rewritten my PS by the time I heard from OSUYeah, I got the december one but its just a long time to wait in silence lol
May I ask where else you applied and if you were waitlisted or accepted anywhere else?It is. It’s a lot nicer if you’re IS, but it’s just a lot of waiting for OOS. I had already given up with being a vet student & had rewritten my PS by the time I heard from OSU
I'm just curious as I'm on the waitlist for Kansas and still waiting to hear from a few other schools.
Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
And then you flipped a table when you found out the PS was changing before you found out you were accepted 😆It is. It’s a lot nicer if you’re IS, but it’s just a lot of waiting for OOS. I had already given up with being a vet student & had rewritten my PS by the time I heard from OSU
Lol definitely not accepted anywhere else. (In hindsight I would’ve gotten more acceptances if I applied a year later during my actual senior year with more experience, better grades, etc. but I got an acceptance so that’s all that matters! I applied as a junior, so I skipped a year of undergrad/ a year of Senior grade inflation lol )May I ask where else you applied and if you were waitlisted or accepted anywhere else?
I'm just curious as I'm on the waitlist for Kansas and still waiting to hear from a few other schools.
Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
Applied to 5: OkState, UF, NCSU, Purdue, and VAMD. These were late December, early January. Hard rejected to all but OkState in which I was initially accepted, not waitlisted. I could’ve waited and reapplied to a bunch of schools to soothe my very bruised ego, but I was just excited to get started.
I think they changed them after I got accepted...?And then you flipped a table when you found out the PS was changing before you found out you were accepted 😆
Nah it was beforeI think they changed them after I got accepted...?
Someone posted on the APVMA page that VMCAS is getting rid of the personal statement and replacing it with three questions. Interesting...hope no one had started writing there's...😕
lol @cdoconn
You're freaking kidding me.
![]()
I'm like 3000 characters in already. Proud af of that PS too, already sent it to someone to read and it's like 10383920193282010x better than the last one.
![]()
I work with the pre-veterinary advisors at my school who have been in touch with Tony about this for quite sometime now. Tony just emailed us the questions a few minutes ago so they are set in stone! (though I didn't read the questions that were posted on the other page so I can't verify if those are right)
I'm grumpy now. Glad I didn't finish it.
Best case scenario: Tuesday comes and I get a happy email from OkState and I never have to worry about it eeeeever again.
Oh niceeeeeNah it was before
Reading this thread and reliving all that anxiousness coming up to interviews last year. You can do it guys! It’s not as terrible as you might think it will be.
(Friday interviewers, please ignore the girl who looks like she’s on the verge of tears as she bursts out of the auditorium at 11...it’s completely normal.
)
(Friday interviewers, please ignore the girl who looks like she’s on the verge of tears as she bursts out of the auditorium at 11...it’s completely normal.
)wow way to call me out, I thought I was holding it together well. 🤣(Friday interviewers, please ignore the girl who looks like she’s on the verge of tears as she bursts out of the auditorium at 11...it’s completely normal.)
Whoops. 😛 Pretty sure all the blood drained from my face after his final last semester as I was leaving and there were a million people right outside the door discussing his exam. I’m sure I looked horrifying. I was thinking, “Whelp, this is it. My vet school career is over”. But, alas, it wasn’t.wow way to call me out, I thought I was holding it together well. 🤣
I probably shouldn’t be discussing my vet school-related trauma on this thread of all places.
Hahahaha I definitely cried in the lobby after that exam. Then had to pick myself up and study for Histo.Whoops. 😛 Pretty sure all the blood drained from my face after his final last semester as I was leaving and there were a million people right outside the door discussing his exam. I’m sure I looked horrifying. I was thinking, “Whelp, this is it. My vet school career is over”. But, alas, it wasn’t.
I probably shouldn’t be discussing my vet school-related trauma on this thread of all places.
Vet school is fun guys! yaaayyyy
So there really aren't any OK people on SDN this year??? Sad. I was actually briefly in McElroy today too. lol
They’re all ~*too cool*~ to be on sdn apparentlySo there really aren't any OK people on SDN this year??? Sad. I was actually briefly in McElroy today too. lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They'd SOONER be doing other thingsThey’re all ~*too cool*~ to be on sdn apparently
Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
it is sad!!So there really aren't any OK people on SDN this year??? Sad. I was actually briefly in McElroy today too. lol
Sooner jokes?
you betta cut that out.

Unless it’s anti OU jokes, in which joke ahead.
Guess we'll have to rely on out-of-staters to keep the Okstate SDN chain running.
🤣
Good luck to you guys on the Physiology exam today!
Good luck to you guys on the Physiology exam today!
![]()
Thank you Glammyre! I’m ready to go home and sleeeeep after this. 
I’m all for proOU jokes. 😉
It's sad that the majority of the content of this thread is people already in vet school at OkSUbut I'd be lying if I said I didnt enjoy silently stalking your conversations
![]()
Are you applying here??
(I have no apologizes for how chatty I get when I’m procrastinating studying!!)
I barely recognized you without your trademark red panda. What has the world come to???![]()
Are you applying here??
(I have no apologizes for how chatty I get when I’m procrastinating studying!!)
It’s coming back! I changed it for the supernatural game.I barely recognized you without your trademark red panda. What has the world come to???
I am!! I am!!![]()
Are you applying here??![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS Alternate
Accepted OOS!!!
I got this too congrats!! Even if they do say it to everyone I think we can all be proud of making it on the list since they mentioned they expect a significant amount of waitlist applicants to be pulled off! Congrats to all acceptances and alternate!!Just got offered an alternate spot. I think I am pleased by this result. It also said in email that my records ccompare favorably with those of students being offered admission. not sure if they said it to everyone but this does make me feel better.
Yes let’s all stay positive!!!I got this too congrats!! Even if they do say it to everyone I think we can all be proud of making it on the list since they mentioned they expect a significant amount of waitlist applicants to be pulled off! Congrats to all acceptances and alternate!!
