OMG! ANY ADVICE?? I NEED HELP( IN A LOST SITUATION!!)

Opticalfuture

Opticqueen
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi i am in highschool abouta be a senior and i am currently taking college classes and i am signed up for intro to bio. Should i take it? I really want to get alot if courses of the way for med school and for my basics done in a quicker cheaper way. I have 25 hours right now. In the summer i will take federal govt and economics. Does this sound like a good plan? THXX!!

Members don't see this ad.

Take it if you want to take it. You didn't describe any of your situation really other than you want to take pre-reqs now...
I really want to get alot if courses of the way for med school
...at least I hope you mean pre-reqs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take it if you want to take it. You didn't describe any of your situation really other than you want to take pre-reqs now...

...at least I hope you mean pre-reqs.

Yeah thats what i meant. The problem was some schools may or may not take the credit and it also depends what grade i make in the course too. Also im not sure taking it at a cc is hard enough for the MCAT section.

You're probably going to have to take it again if you're a bio/biochem major. It will look good for getting into college but beyond that, not much.

Reactions: 1 user
You're probably going to have to take it again if you're a bio/biochem major. It will look good for getting into college but beyond that, not much.

Because theres a lot of people that transfer to colleges for nursing and densitry and i dont think they have to retake it unless they failed

Sure, but they already took it while enrolled in college but if you come in just starting college, the university could make you take it again because its central to those majors. Will definitely vary from school to school and dual enrollment vs AP bio.

Sure, but they already took it while enrolled in college but if you come in just starting college, the university could make you take it again because its central to those majors. Will definitely vary from school to school and dual enrollment vs AP bio.

So if i major in nutrition or some others science major will they still make me redo it? I think i should call some of the universities to find out for sure

Honestly, I would recommend it. I took AP bio senior year and it was waaay harder than bio 1 at my university and I didn't use any of my AP bio knowledge. I see you're a interested in pro-optometry (?) so what you should really do is look at a handful of optometry schools and see if they accept AP bio credit (or dual enrollment) if you take it in HS.

Honestly, I would recommend it. I took AP bio senior year and it was waaay harder than bio 1 at my university and I didn't use any of my AP bio knowledge. I see you're a interested in pro-optometry (?) so what you should really do is look at a handful of optometry schools and see if they accept AP bio credit (or dual enrollment) if you take it in HS.

Yeah im actually leaning towards medicine lately. And im in dual enrollment, Im not an AP person its wayyy harder then the ones in the college! It shouldnt be in dual credit, u get the credit when you pass the class so..

Are u pre med and what grade u earned in bio?

In taking those classes, you would want to see if you'll receive credits towards your degree or cores at that specific institution. If they're replacing cores, that may save you time and energy with less credits to take. If the classes are in your major, you need to make sure they fit in the ladder and allow you to move-up. For example, if I got college credit for Biology I in HS, I would need to make sure that will count in college either in credit hours or skipping the equivalent class(es) (which I don't recommend).

In taking those classes, you would want to see if you'll receive credits towards your degree or cores at that specific institution. If they're replacing cores, that may save you time and energy with less credits to take. If the classes are in your major, you need to make sure they fit in the ladder and allow you to move-up. For example, if I got college credit for Biology I in HS, I would need to make sure that will count in college either in credit hours or skipping the equivalent class(es) (which I don't recommend).

Ok yea i have been asking around and making sure. But do you think its a good idea to take these now?

Ok yea i have been asking around and making sure. But do you think its a good idea to take these now?
You should get everything in writing, and with as little doubt within their terms, etc.

I would not personally. In high school, I had bad experiences that made me look bad to my advisor starting college. So, she said you should stay back and not advance further using credits. So instead of Biology 2, I was put in Biology 1.

Because I was put there, I was able to stay very well above water and excel making the jump to college. Basically, I didn't get too far and realize I was too far ahead for my and my careers own good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile

You should get everything in writing, and with as little doubt within their terms, etc.

I would not personally. In high school, I had bad experiences that made me look bad to my advisor starting college. So, she said you should stay back and not advance further using credits. So instead of Biology 2, I was put in Biology 1.

Because I was put there, I was able to stay very well above water and excel making the jump to college. Basically, I didn't get too far and realize I was too far ahead for my and my careers own good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile

Thank you for your opinion