OT: Fitness 2.0

Started by Dsmoody23
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dsmoody23

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
381264_299044463458403_299041926791990_1169394_1643162251_n.jpg


Bringing this topic back for the summer.

A number of us have been doing Fitocracy challenges for the last 5 or 6 months, and it's been super fun. I, personally, fell off the wagon when finals came around, but I'm getting back into the mix for the summer. So, in that spirit, I figured it would be useful to resurrect this thread and get others who may have gotten lazy back into the competition.

I know we have some new faces around here who may have missed the original topic, or some folks who weren't fat enough to care yet in the early winter.

So... if you'd like to join up, here's the link:

http://ftcy.co/yOzX9M
 
Isn't there some group or something where you all compare workouts for the week/shame each other into working out more than you would normally?

Anyway, just signed up for s***s and giggles. Same username.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't been on fitocracy in FOREVER. I am starting Insanity tomorrow but I have no idea how to log it. Any ideas?

Same here. Well once my face heals and I can jump around like a spider monkey without extreme pain. Can't wait for it to kick my arse!
 
Ohh yes please.

I've been on a wedding diet for the past couple of months. Got halfway to my goal and then plateaued. Anything that gets me going again is welcome. =)
 
Perhaps this will inspire me to get off my butt and finally exercise. Maybe I'll get into swimming, I have to get good at that for my scuba class this fall!
 
Perhaps this will inspire me to get off my butt and finally exercise. Maybe I'll get into swimming, I have to get good at that for my scuba class this fall!

Swimming is awesome. I'm kind of sad I don't really do it more, but I get lazy if I attempt on my own. I don't have the discipline. I need a coach. Plus, it super sucks when you're out of swimming shape. Things that should be easy=death. Like I used to race 100 Fly in high school (average time, I'm no Michael Phelps) and now a 25 Fly is like the death of me.

If you ever want some swimming work outs, I have some from my club college team. This goes for anyone really.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Swimming is awesome. I'm kind of sad I don't really do it more, but I get lazy if I attempt on my own. I don't have the discipline. I need a coach. Plus, it super sucks when you're out of swimming shape. Things that should be easy=death. Like I used to race 100 Fly in high school (average time, I'm no Michael Phelps) and now a 25 Fly is like the death of me.

If you ever want some swimming work outs, I have some from my club college team. This goes for anyone really.
Yes please.
 
Here's a link to my team's workouts on our website. Feel free to alter them according to abilities/times, add/subtract yardage etc.

http://loyolaclubswimming.weebly.com/10-11-sets.html

It's not anything crazy intense since we were a club team and tended to be more of a social club than super serious when it came to swimming. For comparison, I used to do 5,000-6,500+ yards in 2 hours during high school and did like maybe 3,500 in that time during college.
 
I prefer working out in the morning. I'm actually more likely to follow through since I get up and it's done. I can totally see the nausea though.

I am a mid morning, mid evening person for working out. Dislike the crowds at the gym.

I am about to do water aerobics. Why? Sounded fun and funny

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile
 
Last edited:
I prefer working out in the morning. I'm actually more likely to follow through since I get up and it's done. I can totally see the nausea though.

Midnight for me.

I hate having jiggly legs and jello arms at work.
 
Midnight for me.

I hate having jiggly legs and jello arms at work.

I avoid that by going in the mornings that I don't work and going in the evenings on days that I do.

That is one of the reasons I like Yoga is for the jiggly legs and jello arms feeling.
 
Naegleria fowleri!!! Crazy stuff. Did a paper on if for animal parasitology junior year. Makes me never want to swim in a lake again.

Parasite made me want to live in a bubble.

Also, how is Bear Grylls still ALIVE? Or Les Stroud, or any of the other wilderness dudes. That s**t is EVERYWHERE. Did you hear about the people in Louisiana or wherever that used like, stream water for their neti pots and died of some "brain eating amoeba?" Totally Naegleria.
 
So ironically enough, despite it coming into winter over here im actually starting my big weightloss push as I physically cannot fit into most of the clothes I own - mainly winter ones! I can't afford a new wardrobe so eating healthily and exercising it is! 🙄

So I used to be able to run 5km in around 20 min. Now im struggling through week 2 of C25K! 😱😱😱😱 Makes me feel kinda sad - but atleast I *know* I can do it. Need to lose around 13kg...😱😱😱 How did all that get there?!🙄😳
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Parasite made me want to live in a bubble.

Also, how is Bear Grylls still ALIVE? Or Les Stroud, or any of the other wilderness dudes. That s**t is EVERYWHERE. Did you hear about the people in Louisiana or wherever that used like, stream water for their neti pots and died of some "brain eating amoeba?" Totally Naegleria.

Its only bad if you bomb into the water and let it go up your nose. Not a problem if it gets into your GIT, but through the nose or eyes it can travel up the nerve and kill out 😱
 
I'm not promising anything, but since I've got a light summer I may as well try and get somewhere near fit, so I'll join you guys. 😀


That is all I am trying to do too.

Today was weights and Zumba. Didn't get to hide in the back (like to hide from the mirror, no need to see the awkward dancing), people took my spot and forced me to be in front. Sigh, but a good work out.
 
I really need to work out again when I get back to the States (there's so much stuff I need to do when I get back :laugh:), but I refuse to worry about my weight while I'm here. The food is just too delicious and why not eat it if I only get it once a year? I'm already seeing the difference.. haha I really hope I can go to the school gym over the summer. I don't know if our cards work though or if it's only for spring and fall semesters..
 
That is all I am trying to do too.

Today was weights and Zumba. Didn't get to hide in the back (like to hide from the mirror, no need to see the awkward dancing), people took my spot and forced me to be in front. Sigh, but a good work out.
:laugh: I think I am hilarious when I do Zumba!!! But I get distracted by laughing.... lol
 
OMG my bootcamp is at 6 and I am so not feeling it. I just want to go back to sleep! I've been having trouble with some pretty all consuming exhaustion lately.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile
 
About to start my first Insanity video. If you don't hear from me later today, call 911. :scared:
 
I slacked off too during finals.
Then I moved... to a place where I do not have access to a gym.
I am going to suck it up and try to start running this week.
I would love to start tomorrow... but I am expected to put in 6 hours of back-breaking weeding. So we shall see.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My friend wants me to do a mud run in October. Guess I have to start running (hint: me and running don't get along)

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile
 
Hmm. My calves and lower ABs hurt this morning. Oh well! Bootcamp here I come!

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile

That is good! I am sore from doing the tootsie roll in dance fusion. We did that move for 3/4 of the song.