You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
OT: Fitness 2.0
Started by Dsmoody23
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Ugh. Running on a treadmill sucks. I only do it when it's raining, snowing etc. I like to run around our marina and junk like that 🙂Oh, me and the treadmill do not get along (I REALLY don't like running. I will do the elliptical for days, but not the treadmill). Walking on the treadmill to get started using it and in 25 minutes walked 1.35 miles. Its a start.
The range of motion in my left hip pisses me off. I dislocated it as a teenager and having to compensate for it makes me feel weak. Otherwise it pops painfully. 😡
Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile
Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The range of motion in my left hip pisses me off. I dislocated it as a teenager and having to compensate for it makes me feel weak. Otherwise it pops painfully. 😡
Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile
Mine pop too. I've never dislocated them, but did have a possible stress fracture in my left one during my sophomore year of high school. My left shoulder pops though because I partially dislocated it while swimming butterfly.
And I still don't have full range of motion in the ankle/foot that I sprained over 2 months ago at the gym. Granted, I haven't exactly been staying off of it, so it's probably my fault.
Last edited:
The range of motion in my left hip pisses me off. I dislocated it as a teenager and having to compensate for it makes me feel weak. Otherwise it pops painfully. 😡
Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile
My left hip pops occasionally. Got hit by a car as a pedestrian and it got badly bruised and knotted
Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile
It makes me mad because I could do the exercises otherwise! But when it pops every time I move it a certain way and my eyes start to water I have to look like a weenie!
Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile
Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile
I have sacroiliac dysfunction so I completely feel y'all's pain. I can't do sit ups because that joint pops every single rep. Bleh. I sort of have the mindset that this is the hand I've been dealt and I can't fold so I may as well just keep trying. You can hear the joints pop every step I take. It grosses people out 
It's easy to defeat cripples...but not as fun.
👍It's easy to defeat cripples...but not as fun.
Just wanted to bump this thread... I've been sick the last week, and I've fallen off the rails a little with my eating as well... so whats everyones tips for keeping going through sickness?
Just wanted to bump this thread... I've been sick the last week, and I've fallen off the rails a little with my eating as well... so whats everyones tips for keeping going through sickness?
Honestly I don't exercise when sick. I try to rest as much as I can and focus on getting better quickly.
I don't usually exercise when sick as well. Mostly, I try to just keep in mind my jeans are getting tight so my eating stays within acceptable limits 🙁 lolJust wanted to bump this thread... I've been sick the last week, and I've fallen off the rails a little with my eating as well... so whats everyones tips for keeping going through sickness?
So, I started "running" last night.
2.3 km in 20 minutes. Urgh.
I got a stitch in my side the moment I picked up the pace.
I have never gone for a serious run not on a treadmill. Since I was not stuck going a certain pace, I found myself running faster than I usually do and I could not slow down.
2.3 km in 20 minutes. Urgh.
I got a stitch in my side the moment I picked up the pace.
I have never gone for a serious run not on a treadmill. Since I was not stuck going a certain pace, I found myself running faster than I usually do and I could not slow down.
About to go log the weekend's fencing adventures. Sadly I well overate and overdrank for the workout I did, and am up 4 pounds for the weekend. Operation get-back to maintenance weight begins today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
About to go log the weekend's fencing adventures. Sadly I well overate and overdrank for the workout I did, and am up 4 pounds for the weekend. Operation get-back to maintenance weight begins today!
My eating habits were terrible this weekend and I haven't exercised since Thursday. Definitely need to work out tonight.
...while I agree with the idea of that infographic, the drink size portion just seems completely wrong. An average McD's meal comes with a medium, which is somewhere around 22oz. I worked at Taco Bell in HS and beginning of college, and our meals came with 32oz drinks and they were constantly commented on as being really large...
Those who were wondering what exactly I'm doing when I log "fencing" on fitocracy... it looks kinda like this:
ren fair?
Society for Creative Anachronism. Like ren fair but non-profit and into re-creating historical styles of combat and dress... eh, pretty much everything they did between the fall of Rome and the death of Elizabeth II (ca. 400 to 1600)ren fair?
Society for Creative Anachronism. Like ren fair but non-profit and into re-creating historical styles of combat and dress... eh, pretty much everything they did between the fall of Rome and the death of Elizabeth II (ca. 400 to 1600)
Sounds pretty fun!
It is!Sounds pretty fun!
This pic is from Pennsic War, a two-week long camp out in Pennsylvania with about 10,000 attendees.
Society for Creative Anachronism. Like ren fair but non-profit and into re-creating historical styles of combat and dress... eh, pretty much everything they did between the fall of Rome and the death of Elizabeth I (ca. 400 to 1600)
fixed it for ya. Pretty sure Elizabeth II is still alive, or else she is the original zombie and looking pretty good for being 400 years old 😉
HAHAHAHAfixed it for ya. Pretty sure Elizabeth II is still alive, or else she is the original zombie and looking pretty good for being 400 years old 😉
OMG I totally missed that! Thanks Gella!
Is dsmoody dead? He totally bailed on our duel. Also, hitting the gym hardcore this summer!
I don't want to exercise today, but I have to. I only worked out twice last week. Sigh. The idea of dancing is just making me whimper.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been dancing around the room to my music all day while cleaning. Does that count?![]()
Yes, yes it does. Honestly dance fusion is always crowded. I just want to go to target and sephora tonight, but I have to exercise.
Yes, yes it does. Honestly dance fusion is always crowded. I just want to go to target and sephora tonight, but I have to exercise.
I could probably put an hour down. I do this all the time. Makes cleaning so much better! 😍

How would I log cleaning stalls for 5 hours?![]()
Other cardio!
Other cardio!
I did. haha Isn't there a challenge going on right now? I'm ready to win with this workout every day this week!

I did. haha Isn't there a challenge going on right now? I'm ready to win with this workout every day this week!![]()
No. 🙁 There hasn't been one since I started being active on there. I think I missed the sign up for the last one by a day or two.
Totally got up at 5:30am yesterday to run. So what if I've been on Couch to 10K week 2 day 3 for 3 months. I freaking got up at 5:30 and I RAN. pffffffff
There's a new challenge coming up!
There's a new challenge coming up!
Yes!
Sorry for the lapse. I checked out of most things vet related, fitness related, life related, and went camping for a week.
Now I'm back in the game. And I lost 3 lbs of muscle.
Back to work.
Can we start it soon? I work every day this week... 😉
Saturday, I think?
I just got really excited about getting emails because I'm waiting for something. Instead, just lots of emails of me getting props. Thanks, Trilt.😍
Adjust your settings so you don't get an email for every prop - I'd go insane!Adjust your settings so you don't get an email for every prop - I'd go insane!
I've been too lazy to look for that. You should have seen the pained look on my face during the last WW game when I always got emails for PMs. Between talking so much to the mods, the spies and my regular group, I about went insane before changing the settings.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been too lazy to look for that. You should have seen the pained look on my face during the last WW game when I always got emails for PMs. Between talking so much to the mods, the spies and my regular group, I about went insane before changing the settings.![]()
Click your profile pic in the top right corner > settings > notifications. Thinks aren't super intuitive to find in fitocracy, as far as I can tell. I'm somewhat embarrassed by how long it took me to find the list of quests...
Click your profile pic in the top right corner > settings > notifications. Thinks aren't super intuitive to find in fitocracy, as far as I can tell. I'm somewhat embarrassed by how long it took me to find the list of quests...
Thank you.
I still haven't found that list on the computer, but I've found it on the phone before.. I think..
I'll have to check out this Fitocracy everyone seems to talk about. I'm ordering the Insanity dvd's next week 😍 A few high school classmates have done them and rave about them. And my roommate and I are getting gym memberships too. I know I can exercise at home, but I have more motivation if I pay for it and have to go somewhere else to do it. Speaking of which, I need to go on a walk today. It's gorgeous out!
Click your profile pic in the top right corner > settings > notifications. Thinks aren't super intuitive to find in fitocracy, as far as I can tell. I'm somewhat embarrassed by how long it took me to find the list of quests...
I still haven't figured out how to log out...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2K
- Views
- 49K
- Replies
- 96
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 2K