General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS 2019-2020 MOT Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys I was wondering how other OT programs are looking like due to the pandemic.

USC's summer session got moved to virtual learning.

Carroll University in Wisconsin will be all online

Members don't see this ad.

Was accepted to both Marquette and Brenau's OTD program recently and declined both. Hope this brings good news to someone :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Now that I've decided where I'll be attending, I thought I would share my stats to hopefully help or give hope to other prospective students! :)

Major: Psychology
Minor: Disability and Human Development
Overall GPA: 3.85
Pre-Req GPA: 3.65
GRE: 143 Q, 149 V, 5 writing (this is rough i know lol)
Shadowing: 47hrs inpatient adults, 140hrs pediatrics, 13hrs outpatient adults
Extras: worked 2 years as a peer mentor in residence halls, 100 hours as a summer camp counselor, volunteer coordinator of pre-ot club at my undergrad university for 1 year, worked 10 months as assistant teacher in daycare, 66 hours as research assistant, 6 month internship as therapeutic preschool
Applying: UIC, Rush, Elmhurst College, USC, Stanbridge, Midwestern IL
Waitlisted: Elmhurst College & USC
Acceptances: Midwestern IL campus, Stanbridge University, USC
Attending: USC

Reactions: 1 users
Just curious to know has anyone that made the alternate list hear back or gotten a acceptance letter from Midwestern IL recently?

Has anyone sent a letter of intent to a school? A school I'm waitlisted at suggested sending one, but I'm really not sure what should be included, so if anyone has any insight that would be appreciated!

Has anyone sent a letter of intent to a school? A school I'm waitlisted at suggested sending one, but I'm really not sure what should be included, so if anyone has any insight that would be appreciated!
Hi! I did and never received a response :(

I have! I first thanked them for considering my application. I also stated that I am still immensely interested in their program and that if I was accepted - I would attend with great enthusiasm. If applicable, I mentioned any updates I had regarding volunteer/work/shadow experience and/or school. I would also explain how these experiences will benefit my journey into becoming an occupational therapist and what I learned.

Reactions: 1 users
I have! I first thanked them for considering my application. I also stated that I am still immensely interested in their program and that if I was accepted - I would attend with great enthusiasm. If applicable, I mentioned any updates I had regarding volunteer/work/shadow experience and/or school. I would also explain how these experiences will benefit my journey into becoming an occupational therapist and what I learned.
This is helpful, thank you!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I am a current OT student.
I know the world seems a bit crazy right now, and I can only imagine what you future students have going on right now due to the pandemic!

Here is a short, encouraging message I have posted on my blog and also on my OT instagram for those feeling uneasy right now:

Keep your head up!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello! This is my first post on SDN. I had a virtual interview yesterday at West Coast University for their MSOT Spring 2021 program. For those who have applied and interviewed, how long did it take for the admissions to contact you?

I messaged Mary, and she said she might send decisions end of June. Ive seen other post that mentioned 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
I just received my acceptance email for West Coast University: Spring 2021 MSOT Program today! Has anyone made a Facebook Group yet? I want to start looking for roommates to live with!

I just received my acceptance email for West Coast University: Spring 2021 MSOT Program today! Has anyone made a Facebook Group yet? I want to start looking for roommates to live with!

Congrats! I had my interview on June 19 and I am impatiently waiting for the decision notice... hoping I hear back end of June or early July.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! I had my interview on June 19 and I am impatiently waiting for the decision notice... hoping I hear back end of June or early July.
Congratz! You’ve made it this far! Now it’s just the waiting game. It took me over 3 weeks to hear back from them. According to other students post, they said it took about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks. Wishing you the best!

Congratz! You’ve made it this far! Now it’s just the waiting game. It took me over 3 weeks to hear back from them. According to other students post, they said it took about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks. Wishing you the best!
Thank you!

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and have a few questions regarding the St. Augustine MOT flex program. With the program being online with the exception of the labs every other weekend, is it feasible to work a fulltime job out of state and do the commute? I am an older student and would not be able to make a living without working a fulltime job. Also, some of my prerequisites are over six years old because I took them in my first two years of school and have since been going part time. Does anyone know if they would except the prerequisites even though they are older than five years? I currently work in health care as a mental health counselor on a geriatric psychiatric unit. I didn't know if this would make a difference. Becoming an OT is my dream but I have had many bumps along the way, so I am trying desperately to line up all my ducks. Thank you in advance for advice.

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and have a few questions regarding the St. Augustine MOT flex program. With the program being online with the exception of the labs every other weekend, is it feasible to work a fulltime job out of state and do the commute? I am an older student and would not be able to make a living without working a fulltime job. Also, some of my prerequisites are over six years old because I took them in my first two years of school and have since been going part time. Does anyone know if they would except the prerequisites even though they are older than five years? I currently work in health care as a mental health counselor on a geriatric psychiatric unit. I didn't know if this would make a difference. Becoming an OT is my dream but I have had many bumps along the way, so I am trying desperately to line up all my ducks. Thank you in advance for advice.

Hello!

Working full time and doing the flex program is going to be a challenge but it depends on how determined you are. Traveling every other weekend is also going to be costly and exhausting. With that said I know someone with 2 kids who had to travel out of state for work (full time job) and was in law school. Passed the bar first try. Nothing is impossible and if you really want to be an OT you can do it. You just have to understand that you will be tired and exhausted most of the time. Also you need to find out if the online classes they offer interferes with your work schedule.

I’ve had bumps along the way and continue to have bumps so I know how that feels. I try to stay as positive as I can and just keep one goal in mind which is my love for OT.

Hello!

Working full time and doing the flex program is going to be a challenge but it depends on how determined you are. Traveling every other weekend is also going to be costly and exhausting. With that said I know someone with 2 kids who had to travel out of state for work (full time job) and was in law school. Passed the bar first try. Nothing is impossible and if you really want to be an OT you can do it. You just have to understand that you will be tired and exhausted most of the time. Also you need to find out if the online classes they offer interferes with your work schedule.

I’ve had bumps along the way and continue to have bumps so I know how that feels. I try to stay as positive as I can and just keep one goal in mind which is my love for OT.
Hi!
I’m thinking about applying to a flex program.

How do you feel about the Flex program? Do you feel like you are getting a great understanding of the field? What does your class look like?

Hi there Future OT's!

Just wanted to jump on here (this is exactly the forum I was checking every hour when I was applying to OT school 2 years ago lol), and say that you can do this. I know OTCAS just opened up and and it can be overwhelming, but take it one step at a time and make sure you have all of your documents organized in folders for easy access. If anyone ever has any questions (I am a Year 3 student about to go on to Level 2 Fieldwork), feel free to connect with me on my OT instagram @ot.enlightenment where I help Pre-OT and current OT students like myself!

P.S. my program is hybrid at Shenandoah University so if anyone has questions about hybrid programs I can also answer questions about that as well. :)

Best wishes to you all!

OT Enlightenment Instagram

Reactions: 3 users
Hi all!

Did anyone already receive any rejection letters? I applied to North Central College on 7th and they sent out a rejection letter on 12th saying that I won't be invited for an interview... and that was when my third evaluation was not even submitted yet. The priority deadline is due 20th which is today but getting rejected even before submitting all the materials just makes me so depressed. I thought I had pretty good GPAs (around 3.6) but I think my observation hours and GRE scores were not competent enough. I am currently working on my secondary application for Loma Linda but now I don't feel motivated at all and wonder if I need to just give up this cycle and try again next year.. :(

Hey, I already had my interview earlier this summer and got in! It's a new program (which means it's still in the accredidation process), but after my interview/tour I realized that this program is going to be TOP-NOTCH! I'm super excited. The faculty and staff are super established in the field and are really focused on giving us the best training and education as future OT professionals.
How is the UMHB program going for you ?

Hey, I already had my interview earlier this summer and got in! It's a new program (which means it's still in the accredidation process), but after my interview/tour I realized that this program is going to be TOP-NOTCH! I'm super excited. The faculty and staff are super established in the field and are really focused on giving us the best training and education as future OT professionals.
Are you at UMHB? I might be there fir the 2021 cycle. How is your experience so far?

Is there a forum for LSU OT acceptances for the current cycle? (2020-2021). Can’t find one!

Are you at UMHB? I might be there fir the 2021 cycle. How is your experience so far?
Sorry, just saw this. I haven't been on this forum in awhile. It's great! I love the professors and my cohort. There's only 30 of us so I've gotten to get to know a good amount of them this past year. Since it's a new program, there are some kinks still being worked out but our faculty is doing their best to get us acquainted with the material and are super open and helpful. So far my experience has been awesome and I highly recommend it! Have you planned on attending?