General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS 2019-2020 MOT Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is anyone that’s waitlisted at USC receiving emails about needed more information about financial aid?

I did before decision status went out!

Members don't see this ad.

UPDATED:

This is my second time applying. Below are my stats!

University: UC Irvine
Major: Public Health Sciences
Minor: Accounting
Overall GPA: 3.38 (according to OTCAS this is including Post Bac)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.71-3.80 Depending on School
GRE: V: 155 Q: 149 W: 4 (Not my strong suit)

Volunteer Hours
-80 Research Lab (Shadowing OT)
-100 Neurofeedback Tech (During Undergrad Practicum)
-121 Pediatric Clinic
-25 Animal Assisted Therapy
-112 Hand Therapy Clinic

Applying to: UW, University of St. Augustine (San Marcos), SJSU, University of New England, Stanbridge
Interview: St Augustine (11/12), UNE (12/6-Declined), Stanbridge (2/7)
Acceptance: St. Augustine (11/18), Stanbridge (2/14)
Decline: Stanbridge (I felt University of St. Augustine was a better fit for me)

Rejected: UW (3/4) Oh well I guess it was not meant to be. :(

How was your St. Augustine interview??

How was your St. Augustine interview??

It is pretty relaxing. I love the environment there and it was just like having a conversation with the faculty. I only had one other candidate with me in my interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATED:

This is my second time applying. Below are my stats!

University: UC Irvine
Major: Public Health Sciences
Minor: Accounting
Overall GPA: 3.38 (according to OTCAS this is including Post Bac)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.71-3.80 Depending on School
GRE: V: 155 Q: 149 W: 4 (Not my strong suit)

Volunteer Hours
-80 Research Lab (Shadowing OT)
-100 Neurofeedback Tech (During Undergrad Practicum)
-121 Pediatric Clinic
-25 Animal Assisted Therapy
-112 Hand Therapy Clinic

Applying to: UW, University of St. Augustine (San Marcos), SJSU, University of New England, Stanbridge
Interview: St Augustine (11/12), UNE (12/6-Declined), Stanbridge (2/7)
Acceptance: St. Augustine (11/18), Stanbridge (2/14)
Decline: Stanbridge (I felt University of St. Augustine was a better fit for me)

Rejected: UW (3/4) Oh well I guess it was not meant to be. :(

I also got rejected from UW this morning. A little bummed but I'm staying hopeful to hear back from other schools

this is such a good mindset! I needed this haha

I think second time around, what really helped me have a more positive mindset is at the end if you have the right attitude and a true passion for this field, you'll do well in any program.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I'm new here. I'm wondering if anyone has heard from James Madison University? I've been accepted to two schools already!

Hi! I'm new here. I'm wondering if anyone has heard from James Madison University? I've been accepted to two schools already!
Congratulations on getting into 2 schools! What schools have you been accepted to?

Hello! Has anyone else here applied to West Coast University? I read on a different forum that their MSOT program is already full so I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this? I just recently interviewed :)

Hello! Has anyone else here applied to West Coast University? I read on a different forum that their MSOT program is already full so I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this? I just recently interviewed :)

What forum was this? I know their MSOT summer was full in December so they opened for MSOT spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your OTCAS will tell you what starting term you applied for :)

Congrats on getting in! Im hoping I hear from them soon.
Thanks! I don’t know too much about the school because I am from NJ. Do you have any information on the program ? Hope you hear back soon!

Your best bet on getting an accurate answer is to just call today and ask if both summer and spring MSOT programs are filled. There was about 50-60 of us interviewing for west coast last week. And they’ve had interviews before us too, so I wouldn’t doubt that one of the terms for MSOT is full. I know one of my coworkers got in and she had her interview a couple months back. So just call :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Thanks! I don’t know too much about the school because I am from NJ. Do you have any information on the program ? Hope you hear back soon!
Essentially what I know about the program is what I got off their website, so probably what you know already. I have been to Grand Rapids many times though and I do really like the area. Do you plan on accepting and do you mind sharing your stats?

Your best bet on getting an accurate answer is to just call today and ask if both summer and spring MSOT programs are filled. There was about 50-60 of us interviewing for west coast last week. And they’ve had interviews before us too, so I wouldn’t doubt that one of the terms for MSOT is full. I know one of my coworkers got in and she had her interview a couple months back. So just call :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Thank you for the response :) I emailed Mary but they’re closed until tomorrow so I will let you all know what she says

Just got a call, I was accepted to University of Puget Sound! Anyone else!?

Essentially what I know about the program is what I got off their website, so probably what you know already. I have been to Grand Rapids many times though and I do really like the area. Do you plan on accepting and do you mind sharing your stats?
I am going to put the deposit down on Monday, but I got waitlisted at Stockton University and NYU. Plus I am waiting on a couple other schools.

School: Montclair State University
Major: Psychology
Minor: Public Health and Anthropology
Overall: 3.8
Pre- Req- idk bcc I took some at other schools

Hours:
50 hrs in Peds
25 hrs in outpatient

Plus:
I graduated undergrad in 3 years
I was Bonner Leader for 2 years (commit 300 hrs a year to community service) I worked with young adults with disabilities and did couple disaster relief projects.
Public health internship at Columbia University
Various other extra curri.

Congratulations on getting into 2 schools! What schools have you been accepted to?
Thank you! I got in Towson University and Radford University. I'm wait-listed for Shenandoah University and Mary Baldwin University.

Hi! Does anyone have a template on how to write an email for giving up a seat you accepted to? I want to make sure my email is formal and shows gratitude, but not 100% sure what the etiquette is. Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! Does anyone have a template on how to write an email for giving up a seat you accepted to? I want to make sure my email is formal and shows gratitude, but not 100% sure what the etiquette is. Thanks!
Hi there! Maybe something like how you have given it a lot of thought but regretfully must withdraw from/decline your seat in the cohort. Add that you are grateful for the opportunity and that this was a hard choice to make.

I wouldn't make it a super long email, just enough carefully-worded sentences so they know you really did want to go but had to choose a different school (but I wouldn't mention that you are going to another school - they might just assume it without you saying it).

Or if it helps - rejection emails from schools are carefully-worded in a similar manner - maybe use that as a guide for your own email?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Here's an example of how to write an email for giving up a seat:

Dear (to whom it may concerns),

I am writing to thank you for the acceptance offer from (name of OT school). After re-assessing the cost of out-of-state tuition, it is too much for myself and my family (that is one possible reason you can say for giving up your seat however you don't have to explain). I regretfully must withdraw/decline your seat from your program, and this was a tough decision to make. I wanted to let you know as soon as I made my decision.

Thank you again for your assistance in answering my emails.

Wishing you all the best,

Name

It's good to keep it short and sweet.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi there! Maybe something like how you have given it a lot of thought but regretfully must withdraw from/decline your seat in the cohort. Add that you are grateful for the opportunity and that this was a hard choice to make.

I wouldn't make it a super long email, just enough carefully-word sentences so they know you really did want to go but had to choose a different school (but I wouldn't mention that you are going to another school - they might just assume it without you saying it).

Or if it helps - rejection emails from schools are carefully-worded in a similar manner - maybe use that as a guide for your own email?
Thank you so much!!

Here's an example of how to write an email for giving up a seat:

Dear (to whom it may concerns),

I am writing to thank you for the acceptance offer from (name of OT school). After re-assessing the cost of out-of-state tuition, it is too much for myself and my family (that is one possible reason you can say for giving up your seat however you don't have to explain). I regretfully must withdraw/decline your seat from your program, and this was a tough decision to make. I wanted to let you know as soon as I made my decision.

Thank you again for your assistance in answering my emails.

Wishing you all the best,

Name

It's good to keep it short and sweet.
Very helpful! Thanks!!

What is your guys' opinion on sending a school a letter of intent after being put on the wait list??

Hi guys! Has anyone heard back from Midwestern IL??? I applied October and still haven’t heard anything.

What is your guys' opinion on sending a school a letter of intent after being put on the wait list??
From what I've read that is the best time to send one! I am going to send one to UIC if I get put on the waitlist this week!

Thank you! I got in Towson University and Radford University. I'm wait-listed for Shenandoah University and Mary Baldwin University.
Will you be attending Radford/do you know if there is a Facebook page? I was also accepted to Radford Carilion!

Hi guys! Has anyone heard back from Midwestern IL??? I applied October and still haven’t heard anything.
I applied in September and got an interview that took place in November. They tell everyone they'll tell you your admission status two weeks after your interview, I got waitlisted and haven't heard from them since. I'm not sure if they're still doing interviews, their process seems super weird haha

I applied in September and got an interview that took place in November. They tell everyone they'll tell you your admission status two weeks after your interview, I got waitlisted and haven't heard from them since. I'm not sure if they're still doing interviews, their process seems super weird haha
I interviewed back in November as well and was accepted shortly after, but will now be declining my spot in the program!

Will you be attending Radford/do you know if there is a Facebook page? I was also accepted to Radford Carilion!

Hi Cassie!

I plan to go to RU Carilion, and I'll be at the Roanoke Campus! I called JMU this morning and told me that I'm in the undecided pool, so I'm not sure if I'll go there if I get accepted. I am going to pay the deposit for RU today. There's a Facebook page called Radford University Department of Occupational Therapy.

Yes, I accepted! I live in the area so its the smartest financially to stay here and attend!
Have you received financial aid info from Maryville yet? I asked for an extension on my deadline to accept until I got it - I was told I'd have the info by now but still haven't heard anything.

Have you received financial aid info from Maryville yet? I asked for an extension on my deadline to accept until I got it - I was told I'd have the info by now but still haven't heard anything.
No, I have not received anything. I was contemplating sending an email in regards to that.. I feel like other programs sent out their info sooner than almost a month after acceptances were sent out so I'm slightly confused

No, I have not received anything. I was contemplating sending an email in regards to that.. I feel like other programs sent out their info sooner than almost a month after acceptances were sent out so I'm slightly confused
Yeah, at my other school I got it within a week. I've called a few times, the first time they said I would get it 14 business days after I was accepted. I called again yesterday and they told me that was just to become eligible for financial aid, and now it'll be another 10 days to generate an award letter.

Hello everyone! I recently got accepted into the entry level doctorate program at Quinnipiac University. Did anyone else receive an acceptance and deciding to go onto QU?

I’m on the waitlist for Wingate University, anyone else accepted, given up their seat or waitlisted?

I was waitlisted at UIC! I was wondering if anyone got accepted (congratulations ❤️) and could share their stats?! Also if anyone else got waitlisted/accepted and will be declining their seat?

Reactions: 1 users
UPDATE: I got off the waitlist at NYU today, so updating my list below

I heard back from my last school so my cycle is done! Posting results below if at all helpful, especially to other career changers like me!

Major: Communications (graduated in 2016)
Minor: Marketing
GPA: 3.6
GRE: V: 163 Q: 148 W: 4.5

Experience/Volunteer Hours
- 120 pediatric outpatient
- 40 hand therapy
- 40 in classroom at theater education company for adults with developmental disabilities. I’ve also worked on the staff of this org for 2+ years so this was the basis of my professional experience.

Applied to: BU, Columbia, NYU, Rush, UIC and VCU
Interviews: Rush (1/27) and BU (2/21)
Waitlisted: NYU (2/27 then accepted on 3/23) and UIC (3/11)
Acceptances: VCU (1/10), Rush (1/28), Columbia (2/13), BU (3/4) and NYU (got off the waitlist on 3/23)
Rejections: None

Haven’t decided where I’m going yet!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users