Panem et Circenses - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know you’ve pulled this before but whyyyyyy u no vote
Cause I didn't feel like it?

My D1 votes are typically kinda crap anyways, and I would have just done a late throwaway off of the leaders, so does it actually matter?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't find Sporty sketchy. I was saying I found others sketchy but was not confident about those feelings so I didn't feel an urge to place a vote somewhere else at that point but that I stated who I was looking at in an earlier post. I didn't want anyone to follow me at that point on any votes since I wasn't confident. Would you rather I had just not voted or placed a random vote?
Damned if you do damned if you don’t Stagg. That’s the whole game.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes. It matters.
But why?

You have my reads (at least in terms of the ones I am willing to share at this time), I posted enough other content to analyze, I even gave multiple reasons for why I WASN'T voting. Why do you need a vote from me (that would likely have been wrong) on top of that?

@genny Glad it's only possible for you to be an OG. Make my life so much easier.

Reactions: 1 user
But why?

You have my reads (at least in terms of the ones I am willing to share at this time), I posted enough other content to analyze, I even gave multiple reasons for why I WASN'T voting. Why do you need a vote from me (that would likely have been wrong) on top of that?
For the pretty color-coded tallies.

Reactions: 4 users
Dubz, don't like that post of genny's like you don't also sometimes hold a D1 vote.
I haven't done it in a while, at least not intentionally. I try to walk the walk and I talk enough about taking D1 seriously it would be hypocritical.

Why do you have to draw attention to my attempt to pocket genny?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. I looked for ones with pouncing but none had saucer eyes quite like that one haha.

My favorite below. @SportPonies should remember it:

210x.jpg

I'm currently catching up but I'm pretty content with Navy's posts. I mentioned in the tot chat that he def isn't a noob and in fact is likely a pro/veteran WW player from the insights/wolfhunting he's providing.

@ziggyandjazzy Are you going to answer my question?

Not sure, why?

Because there's no reason for you not to answer it.

Why does anyone lynch anyone? Seems pretty straightforward to me

Because they're wolves or villagers. Now, for the last time, why are you voting me?

Cuz I put hashtags and lynch in front of your name

Why you voting for genny?

I'm not answering any more of your questions until you answer mine.

I read this interaction to be more like V/V than anything tbh from a combination of feels and meta from past games. It felt similar to village AM from Dogs game.

No I don't find her questions helpful because she asks a bunch of other people and never provides answers to other people's questions. I have no problem answering and asking questions, that's all part of the game. It's how she does it.

How is that more beneficial? You going to "force a lynch"?

AM will always answer questions when asked in a correct way. You may not like her answers, but she always does.

It is always helpful to village to share on thread why you are voting for someone, especially when asked specifically to do so. Full stop.

Feeling somewhat okay about Sardine although the defense of AM is a bit weird. Agreed with her later statement that explaining reasons behind votes would be helpful.

nope, just think your voting is actual wolf hunting

Really? Because it's making me uncomfortable.

Heh, if it's making you uncomfortable now, imagine what will happen when it is actually directed your way.

No, I mean that many of things you say make me think "power wolf" rather than "villager".

Like this "hello, fellow kids" part:

Hmm genny raises some interesting insights. Will refer back to this again

Lol. Probably less than half of the posts are anything worth analyzing.

I mean, I realize how hypocritical it is for me of all people to say such things, but 8 pages on d1 in a game this size is excessive

And it's still not as bad as Smash was (even though that was my favorite game).

You only vote for people you're confident about? What a way to live.

Confident enough that I actually believe my feelz or logic. Neither of which I believe at this point. Will hopefully have a better idea of where I stand on things tomorrow.

Intermission 1
1f73d9490643c9a513b660e2fcd1bc4f.jpg
After the first fight, all the competitors cleared the field so the dead could be buried, wounds tended to, and weapons sharpened. The colosseum workers mill about the crowd handing out fresh bread and wine.

In the gladiators pit, unrest was brewing. Many of the fighters were already stars and famous for having won their freedoms. Enticed back to the ring by some dark magic (Mel is a witch after all right @vetmedhead?). Others were intimidated by such fearsome foes. One such fighter decided that they would rather not meet a particular gladiator in battle, and decided to find a quiet moment to introduce a poison dagger to the gladiator's spine.

As Verus lay in the dark corner he was ambushed in, he could feel the poison seeping through his veins. His thoughts flashed back to his last fight. He had won his rudis, not in the traditional way of blood. But by way of friendship, mercy, and loyalty. However, as the life bled from him, his only regret was that he was dying alone.
Dead is @SARdoghandler - Verus - Villager & Mason

Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @Barkley13
3. @Lawper
4. @dolphin106258
6. @emlady09
7. @WildZoo
8. @Dinashadow
9. @Lawper
10. @johnnaboo
11. @Doggo Labs
12. @muttmanager
14. @SportPonies
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @genny
17. @Stagg737
18. @StayingPositive2017
19. @PippyPony
20. @Navilly

5. @ziggyandjazzy - Bear - Villager
13. @SARdoghandler - Verus- Villager & Mason

It is now Day 2. Lynch closes at 2200 EDT

Last edited:
Intermission 1
1f73d9490643c9a513b660e2fcd1bc4f.jpg
After the first fight, all the competitors cleared the field so the dead could be buried, wounds tended to, and weapons sharpened. The colosseum workers mill about the crowd handing out fresh bread and wine.

In the gladiators pit, unrest was brewing. Many of the fighters were already stars and famous for having won their freedoms. Enticed back to the ring by some dark magic (Mel is a witch after all right @vetmedhead?). Others were intimidated by such fearsome foes. One such fighter decided that they would rather not meet a particular gladiator in battle, and decided to find a quiet moment to introduce a poison dagger to the gladiator's spine.

As Verus lay in the dark corner he was ambushed in, he could feel the poison seeping through his veins. His thoughts flashed back to his last fight. He had won his rudis, not in the traditional way of blood. But by way of friendship, mercy, and loyalty. However, as the life bled from him, his only regret was that he was dying alone.
Dead is @SARdoghandler - Verus - Villager & Mason

Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @Barkley13
3. @mypetmoose
4. @dolphin106258
6. @emlady09
7. @WildZoo
8. @Dinashadow
9. @Ms Procrastinator
10. @johnnaboo
11. @Doggo Labs
12. @muttmanager
14. @SportPonies
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @genny
17. @Stagg737
18. @StayingPositive2017
19. @PippyPony
20. @Navilly

5. @ziggyandjazzy - Bear - Villager
13. @SARdoghandler - Verus- Villager & Mason

It is now Day 2. Lynch closes at 2200 EDT
Psssssst, you forgot to swap out Lawpy

idk, do you change back into a wolf if we can find a princess to remove the enchantment?

Depends, is the princess a converting wolf, whose kisses have the power of conversion?

Now, torn between a few places currently, a mutts Lynch can provide some information, if a wolf provides a lot to go on for the next few days. But mutts is someone I didn’t feel as strongly about as others.

At the same time, pippypony sat out the end of that Lynch yesterday, which I am never a fan of, with a poor justification (I was there but my vote didn’t matter) Still like my theory on stayingpositive. A couple other rumblings as well, but for now, I will stick with
######lynch mutts#######

@Doggo Labs I'd like to hear more from you today.

I don't mind the Mutts vote either -- I think there is an ok chance that the comment she made yesterday about everyone being village on that Ziggy lynch was not a coincidence.