Panem et Circenses - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Especially for someone trying to go back and look at meta’s especially on Paws...seems like you’re just trying to fit a meta to a theory.

The meta I looked up goes against my theory, so this statement is misreading what I said

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Have you caught up? Any analysis other than pippypony being a pot?
PIPPY and WZ are my major sketch factors at the moment. You I have in a more neutral territory. Pips more so because I hate when people don’t vote when they’re obviously on the thread. But I’m having a hard time reconciling if pip would do that as a wolf and think she could skate by on her jokes of not posting on time or if she’s completely village...

AM and zig I felt was v/v so there’s that. Mutts felt very village to me until I saw what they’ve been posting today.

The meta I looked up goes against my theory, so this statement is misreading what I said
I just saw that post, completely my bad. Me posting as you post back and me not load the thread is not a good combo.

Members don't see this ad :)
@genny what are your thoughts on PAWS and mutts?

So I'm not so great at reading paws, but I'm OK with her being up for lynch at this stage/time of day. This is about the only flipflop that pings my feels from yesterday:
so far feeling vill on AM, Zig, Nav
maybe pips
Really? How likely is is it that we sound village and AM and genny?
That kind of inconsistency kind of makes me think wolf trying to increase the general stink of suspicion on players that most people were village-reading yesterday, or it can be early village paranoia creeping in. I'm undecided about which way I'm leaning with it at this point. Probably more village.

Lynching mutts would give us plenty of info if mutts flipped wolf. Less so if village, but I'd feel better about Pips if mutts is village. Cubs and Sporty have both said that mutts sounds village today, so I don't know that I'm inclined to go there again right now. Though I suppose that would also inform my feelings about Sporty and cubs.

Also not being able to edit and me playing this game 100% on my phone is not a good mix.

Reactions: 4 users
@PippyPony You were feeling sketchy about genny, but didn’t vote to lynch her yesterday, why not?
Because I was not ready to pull the trigger on that one quite yet. It appears some people who I think are likely village are village-reading genny, and in looking at her posts yesterday, I have about an equal number of +wolf and +village, so she is net neutral at the moment and the opinions of those other players is making me question those +wolf marks a bit more than I usually would.

What are your feels about others today?
Ask me this again later today if you don't get enough of a sense of my leans from my posts.

@cubsrule4e , still not much to go off of other than how he’s played in the past (1 game I’ve seen) which was to be a jokester in the beginning (where he was Chaos). So he’s acting in a similar matter, but has also been MIA since those initial post. Not much to go off of.
Does his comment about his icon still bother you?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still learning towards voting mutts again. Would like to hear more from her than just refusing to provide reads because she believes she's going to be lynched anyways.

If you are village you should provide reads because those can be looked back on after you flip. On the other hand if you're a wolf I can see why you might be hesitant to provide them.

Lynch dubz

Just can’t shake the immediate bad feeling I got from her post about people sheeping AM. And definitely am not completely on board with a mutts lynch. Could change that depending on the answers to questions and explanation for the defeatism so early on.

So I'm not so great at reading paws, but I'm OK with her being up for lynch at this stage/time of day. This is about the only flipflop that pings my feels from yesterday:

That kind of inconsistency kind of makes me think wolf trying to increase the general stink of suspicion on players that most people were village-reading yesterday, or it can be early village paranoia creeping in. I'm undecided about which way I'm leaning with it at this point. Probably more village.

Lynching mutts would give us plenty of info if mutts flipped wolf. Less so if village, but I'd feel better about Pips if mutts is village. Cubs and Sporty have both said that mutts sounds village today, so I don't know that I'm inclined to go there again right now. Though I suppose that would also inform my feelings about Sporty and cubs.

Weird, this cave has a really delayed echo.

In all seriousness, interesting catch on stayingpositive, I may switch my vote for now to stayingpositive, light the flame there, and hopefully get mutts more engaged in the discussions today

########unlynch mutts, Lynch stayingpositive#######

I went back and reread some of the thread and Nav is declining on my wolfie list, he has made some great points on people and does sound like he is wolf hunting.

So, when a vote is going your way, if you were a seer/protector/tracker/etc. How would you propose going about saying your important? If you admit to your role, you make yourself a prime target for conversion/killing. If you are vague, you get the critique you are saying. The best manner of course is to show better options and provide reasoning as to why, but difficult to do that on a runaway vote on day 1.

Ziggy, if you are actually important to the villagers, there is always the reveal defense, which while unfortunate in that it causes outing of an important role, it causes the wolves the trouble of deciding to convert an obvious choice vs. attempt a kill when the person will likely be protected, in addition to allow us an "extra" chance to get a wolf. If you are a wolf, that defense normally only works for one turn, as you will likely be seered the night of that reveal as well. Those that give up as villagers are making an emotional choice rather than a logical one. If you don't have an important role and are village, go and logic for why others are a wolf.

To the remainder of the masses: Has Ziggy had a similar type reaction to this being lynched as a villager before?

Not going to put a lynch up yet, going to see how the day progresses and going to keep rereading into others. Right now based on a few rereads and my gut paws, genny, and stagg are on my wolfie ish reads

Pips more so because I hate when people don’t vote when they’re obviously on the thread.
Good grief, how stupid do you think I would have to be to do this as a wolf?

But I’m having a hard time reconciling if pip would do that as a wolf and think she could skate by on her jokes of not posting on time or if she’s completely village...
Ok thank you.

Look folks -- I didn't want to vote for some players yesterday because I sometimes like to give people a little bit of a courtesy day to play. So, all of the nooblets who were acting sketchballs yesterday were not going to get my vote. Paws was not going to get my vote because I like her enough to not want her gone D1. I was on the fence about genny because of previously described stuff and also value her enough as a player that I didn't want her gone D1 either. I didn't vote for dolphin because she was gone from the thread and that is therefore a useless vote. I voted for mpm but took that vote away because she had an IRL crisis and I actually believe people when they say stuff like that and didn't want to be a dick. I told Ziggy that I thought her level of aggression this time was distracting to village regardless of affiliation and that I wasn't going to save her, which I didn't. I didn't have a read on Mutts and didn't feel like making a tie for someone I wasn't invested in as a lynch candidate. Literally anywhere else I would have put my vote was for someone who I just didn't want to vote for on D1. Get over it, people don't vote sometimes. If anyone wants to pick a fight with me about not providing ANY MEANINGFUL CONTENT yesterday, then by all means, feel free to try to claim that.

Gloves are off, wolves pissed me off last night, so expect some grumpy Pip today and you better believe I'm going to be voting someone off the island tonight.

Reactions: 1 users
Lynch Paws

This post is bothering me and I can't figure out why so I'm quoting it to come back to again later.

@SARdoghandler from what I’ve noticed seems to be a good wolf hunter (could be wrong as I have not played many games nor seen many). Seems to be defending AM’s game play, are you just looking out for her in general or believe she’s could be village?

I did not quote them, so cannot pull them back up quickly. But overall tone felt off to me. I know I picked out one and quoted it earlier today as feeling off. It just sounds like Paws trying too hard to emulate village-Paws, if that makes any sense? Additionally, there was a recent post that stood out to me as not necessarily fitting into the flow of the thread. Almost like it belonged in a different thread altogether.

I don't know. SAR said that Paws was trying too hard to be village and kept feeling weird about her. I find it weird that SAR ended up dying. The only person that SAR seemed to bother was Paws.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m getting the same read here

Any reasoning? Have you played a game where mutts is a wolf?

UHM. I don’t know did you miss ziggy’s 3000 sheeple comments or does everyone just not listen when it isn’t presented in the tone you all appreciate. I had no feels on you up until this point and this really just set me off.

This is an interesting point especially considering the tone of the comments she was making towards zig yesterday especially after saying she didn't like the wagon.

The zigzag wagon does feel a teensy bit groce to me.

Lynch paws
Seeing how it feels

Lynch Paws

I don't know. SAR said that Paws was trying too hard to be village and kept feeling weird about her. I find it weird that SAR ended up dying. The only person that SAR seemed to bother was Paws.

I butched the quoting and since we can't edit our posts this is what I meant.

Do not like this, though. I don't find it at all weird that SAR died, and Paws is an excellent wolf who is typically not afraid of people who call her wolfy.

Yeah I mean I think you missed my point on that one.

I thought you were suspicious of genny? You have nothing to say about that?

I am & voted there and its feels from yesterday. No, I didn't pull a specific post

@muttmanager I have questions for you

Do you still think there was a wolf on ziggy's lynch and that it's one of these two?

What made you stay on stagg's lynch yesterday if it started as RNG but now you have him as a wolf lean?

Can you also explain you wolf leans a little more?
Yes - doggo and jboo are on my wolf leans but I would like to see more from them
I was not confident in any lynch and was fine staying on Stagg

@muttmanager
Why do you have wolf leans on jboo or doggo???
You and PAWS have bad feels about genny, what is your reasoning?
Why couldn’t you bring yourself to vote PAWS D1? Do you feel differently today? She is in your village-ish pile today.What seems wolfy about Pip to you?
Bc they were on the ziggy lynch as I stated yesterday i had them leaning wolfy
I was willing to give Paws time. Clearly since i put her in village-ish.
Pip- comments to ziggy about why she wasnt voting her, not voting at all but around @ lynch close,

AM and zig I felt was v/v so there’s that. Mutts felt very village to me until I saw what they’ve been posting today.

Cute since theres not much to analyze on you.

I'm still learning towards voting mutts again. Would like to hear more from her than just refusing to provide reads because she believes she's going to be lynched anyways.

If you are village you should provide reads because those can be looked back on after you flip. On the other hand if you're a wolf I can see why you might be hesitant to provide them.
I didnt refuse anything. I gave a whole list and am answering questions- theres enough manufactired shade you dont need to make up any more.

Historically, no one goes back and looks at my reads - Mel literally shot me and no one followed my lynch vote

Does anyone know a game where mutts was a wolf?
I am & voted there and its feels from yesterday. No, I didn't pull a specific post

Yes - doggo and jboo are on my wolf leans but I would like to see more from them

Bc they were on the ziggy lynch as I stated yesterday i had them leaning wolfy
I was willing to give Paws time. Clearly since i put her in village-ish.
Pip- comments to ziggy about why she wasnt voting her, not voting at all but around @ lynch close,

Cute since theres not much to analyze on you.

I didnt refuse anything. I gave a whole list and am answering questions- theres enough manufactired shade you dont need to make up any more.

Historically, no one goes back and looks at my reads - Mel literally shot me and no one followed my lynch vote
There's a lot of angst in this post for someone who isn't leading currently. What I personally would be curious from you, if you had the time today, was a general leans list on the remaining people, at least those that have enough posts that you can do a brief analysis on. Would personally make me feel a bit better about you.

Does anyone know a game where mutts was a wolf?

There's a lot of angst in this post for someone who isn't leading currently. What I personally would be curious from you, if you had the time today, was a general leans list on the remaining people, at least those that have enough posts that you can do a brief analysis on. Would personally make me feel a bit better about you.
I have only been a wolf 1x in Space. Cubs wasn't playing then.
Only have piles - not going into more detail if yall are just gonna lynch me anyway

Wolfy - Genny, Pippy, Stagg, jboo, doggo
Neutral - barks, lawper, dolphin (mia), em, WZ, Dina, Ms P, Sporty
Village-ish - Nav, Paws, cubs, AM

But strongest feels from yesterday are
## lynch genny ##
Some of my newer posts have added more detail.

But why those too? And why exactly do you think there was a wolf on that lynch? That’s an easy thing to just throw out there for no reason. And you didn’t say why you think Stagg is wolfy now

But why those too? And why exactly do you think there was a wolf on that lynch? That’s an easy thing to just throw out there for no reason. And you didn’t say why you think Stagg is wolfy now
By voting order and game play, i think 1 of the 2 is a wolf, not trying to imply both. Stagg is still on my wolf leans

Lynch Paws

Initially lynched AM, was very reluctant in conversing with AM, due to her questioning and game play tactics (limited answers, etc).

Then unlynches AM to lynch Stagg, when she is called out.

Then switches vote again from Stagg to Pip, only after realizing Mutts also lynched Stagg via RNG (she didn’t like that). Only reasoning for lynching Pip, thus far, is all her fluff and doesn’t trust her (but why??)

Became defensive again, when called out for quick responses that others have already asked (didn’t really need to respond defensively IMO)

Now that the lynches are stacking up on her, she is backtracking her defensiveness

Only person who’s voting has been all over the place today…

Are you trying to play coy?

@cubsrule4e

what did he mean by profile pic may mean more that what it appears? What more can you tell us?

NAV

Seems knowledgeable in the game itself, trying to understand how SDNers play by throwing out stats and old game references. Interested to see how it plays out with them.

@SARdoghandler from what I’ve noticed seems to be a good wolf hunter (could be wrong as I have not played many games nor seen many). Seems to be defending AM’s game play, are you just looking out for her in general or believe she’s could be village?

Computer has been super slow and that took forever to round up the excessive amount of quotes lol.

So I can say where my vote is going tonight

Lynch ziggy

I left off on page 6 of the thread, so I’ll keep reading and update as needed.

Initially lynched AM, was very reluctant in conversing with AM, due to her questioning and game play tactics (limited answers, etc).

Then switches vote again from Stagg to Pip, only after realizing Mutts also lynched Stagg via RNG (she didn’t like that). Only reasoning for lynching Pip, thus far, is all her fluff and doesn’t trust her (but why??)

Became defensive again, when called out for quick responses that others have already asked (didn’t really need to respond defensively IMO)

Now that the lynches are stacking up on her, she is backtracking her defensiveness

@cubsrule4e

what did he mean by profile pic may mean more that what it appears? What more can you tell us?

NAV

Seems knowledgeable in the game itself, trying to understand how SDNers play by throwing out stats and old game references. Interested to see how it plays out with them.

Computer has been super slow and that took forever to round up the excessive amount of quotes lol.

Lynch ziggy

I left off on page 6 of the thread, so I’ll keep reading and update as needed.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

You have to be careful with this thought process because there are a lot of WIFOM reasons someone on a lone vote could die.

So I did a quick analysis of the time Mutts was a wolf in the Space Noobs game. One thing that Mutts did there which is distinct from what is being done here is that they contributed with questions (the hiding behind questions argument that I made yesterday with respect to AM). There is an almost complete lack of it here. Not sure if Mutts would change things up like that.

Also did an isolation of SAR's posts. SAR wasn't going as hard after Paws yesterday that would have warranted a kill in my opinion. That in conjunction with the apparent meta of stayingpositive liking to face conflict head on, leads me more towards the kill being neutral, not adding or detracting points from stayingpositive.

With respect to pippy "being angry" over the SAR death, does that fit with their meta? Is that someone they are close with/value highly? Just stood out as odd.

Does anyone know of games that Stayingpositive was a wolf (forget which ones I looked up yesterday)?

I went back and reread some of the thread and Nav is declining on my wolfie list, he has made some great points on people and does sound like he is wolf hunting.

Not going to put a lynch up yet, going to see how the day progresses and going to keep rereading into others. Right now based on a few rereads and my gut paws, genny, and stagg are on my wolfie ish reads

What changed your mind on Paws and genny?

SAR lynched you, and from what I’ve seen/heard SAR is a great wolf hunter. This makes me confident something is up here (could just be a hunch). You were also on the same lynch vote with Mutts, who is also looking susp right now. I may have missed it, but you never mentioned your feels for STAGG before lynching her, when initially leaning CUBS, Barks, or genny. What are your wolf leans today?
My voting with someone who is suspected today, but wasn't really on my radar makes me wolfy? that's lame reasoning.
genny was not on my sketch list
stagg just felt wrong, but like i said i need to go read yesterday again after i catch up

D2 The People Want More Bread Unofficial Tally
Mutts (2) - AM, Lawpy
Paws (4) - Pippy, Dubz, Nav, MsP
genny (1) - mutts
dubz (1) - dolphin
Stagg (1) - genny

9/18 Voting
Lynch closes in ~8 hrs

giphy.gif

I hate this gif btw Mel

Reactions: 2 users
I'm confused. That second quote isn't me leaning you or AM village. I was saying the barkely and someone else yesterday all saying the routinely sketchy/hard to read people: AM, me, you, pippy as village was suspect. I dont have a read on you.
I also still think AM and Nav sound village and I thought and was correct that zig sounded village too.
My only other read was maybe vill on pippy and I'm not sure on that or if that has changed.

I think it's weird that both you and em said that I had you as sketchy but I guess maybe it wasn't clear. Why didn't you ask me about that post yesterday if you were confused by it? This sets off alarm bells for me cuz you are better than that

UHM. I don’t know did you miss ziggy’s 3000 sheeple comments or does everyone just not listen when it isn’t presented in the tone you all appreciate. I had no feels on you up until this point and this really just set me off.
I'm not sure what you're saying here

Are you on mobile? Would it be possible for you to pull a specific post? It's ok to say you can't find any wolfy posts from me though. I'd totally believe that.

Looking back the posts below felt off

No, I mean that many of things you say make me think "power wolf" rather than "villager".

Like this "hello, fellow kids" part:

I think AM has answered everything you've asked, except for why she voted for me. And I think that why she voted for me should be fairly obvious to you, given that you were the wolf that converted me in the last game I played where we got AM to vote incorrectly at endgame. So I'm not sure why you're so reluctant to cooperate with her thus far. It's not very village-minded of you.

I mostly agree with this, except for how she's been voting today. Hard to tell if it's wolfy anyone-but-me voting, or village anyone-but-me voting. I'm disturbed by the shade-throwing on mutts but no voting for mutts.

I'm just disappointed you didn't want to go for the tie D1. You're so anti-chaos. :p

Lynch emlady

Started getting feels yesterday when she came on, posted one post saying she was here and asking what people wanted, and then disappearing again. Her two long posts don’t say much about her reads and seem to be asking questions, bringing up things that have already been addressed, or just commenting on things that have happened without saying thoughts on it.

Unless I missed it you still haven’t said why stagg is in your wolf leans though.
He didnt say anything to make me lean him village yesterday so he’s there for now. My rng could be right

Lynch Paws

@cubsrule4e

NAV

Lynch ziggy

I left off on page 6 of the thread, so I’ll keep reading and update as needed.

@cubsrule4e

NAV

Lynch ziggy

I left off on page 6 of the thread, so I’ll keep reading and update as needed.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
I don't understand what is happening with this post

He didnt say anything to make me lean him village yesterday so he’s there for now. My rng could be right
There's a difference between having someone in neutral and having someone as wolf leaning. Justification of RNG is not an argument. So any other reasons why you have them as wolf leaning and not neutral?