PCOM class of 2004

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmaher

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if there were any other people out there that have been accepted to PCOM. Hope to hear from you soon.

Mike
PCOM class of 2004

Members don't see this ad.

Mike, when did you interview there? I called last week and was told they are really behind and it could be a while, even though my file was complete late October.
How long between your file was complete and your interview?

Mike,

Let me be among the first on this forum to congratulate you on getting into medical school! And so early too!

So I guess it'll be smooth sailing for the next 10 or so months, huh?
smile.gif

Good luck with your work. Be sure to rest up this summer and not engage in anything too scholarly.
smile.gif

Tim of New York City.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Tim, I hope that it is smooth sailing for the next 10 months. To tell you the truth, I cant wait to start. To Thalamus, my file was complete in late august. I received my interview letter in the second to last week of september for an interview on OCT 14. I then received my acceptance letter 2 weeks later. If you guys want to know anything else, please let me know.

Mike, we are all very proud of you! Congrats on PCOM. Now you can take a breath and relax through the holidays. Well, according to your timeline, I should be hearing something the end of November. What is the school like, their interviews?
Mara

The interview is not that bad. Like I posted on an earlier thread, my interview seemed pretty easy compared to some of the other questions that I heard about from other people. I think that as the class fills up, the spots become more competetive; therefore, the interview becomes more competetive. There is just one trick if they ask you something very challenging. Answer the question honestly. If you don't know, say "I don't know." As far as the school is concerned, I was really impressed. They had a hospital right on campus. That was pretty cool and was one of the factors that made me decide on PCOM -- not to mention the great facilities and students. Hope this helps.

------------------
Mike
PCOM CLASS OF 2004

[This message has been edited by mmaher (edited 11-10-1999).]