2022-2023 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There really is no good sign of how waitlist movement will work. I looked through the past few years threads and each time every single person who said they got off the waitlist posted how they were waitlisted sometime after February. Someone even asked if anyone ever got off the waitlist who interviewed before February and no one ever confirmed it. Who knows though, this year is obviously different since they are still sending out interviews in may.

I was WL in January, I keep checking every day hoping but honestly I’m not optimistic.
Good luck! I understand your situation lol

Members don't see this ad.

+1 to getting an II. Realistically, do you think these interviews are for waitlist positions or for As? I've already paid the deposit for another school, but PCOM is A LOT closer to my family...

+1 to getting an II. Realistically, do you think these interviews are for waitlist positions or for As? I've already paid the deposit for another school, but PCOM is A LOT closer to my family...
I'm under the impression this is for waitlist positions, but seeing how there hasn't been waitlist movement yet (from what I've seen) part of me is staying hopeful that we could get accepted right from these interviews

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm under the impression this is for waitlist positions, but seeing how there hasn't been waitlist movement yet (from what I've seen) part of me is staying hopeful that we could get accepted right from these interviews
i had an interview approx 2 weeks ago and they didn’t say anything about interviewing for the wl. i’m choosing to believe that they’re only extending interviews this late bc the class is not full but maybe i’m wrong lol

Feeling very stressed with the whole waitlist situation. I am in pretty much the same position as @AvsPearTree above. I'm on the waitlist but constantly checking the portal as I will be enrolling without hesitation if I am fortunate enough to be granted acceptance. I recently contacted PCOM admissions regarding the status of the waitlist and they affirmed that there is no reason why they would have to wait for interviews to be finished to start taking applicants off the waitlist. However, the person I spoke with wasn't able to confirm if they have started considering applicants on the waitlist, so I assume they haven't started yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
To those on the waitlist, has anyone applied to the following cycle and if you haven’t, when would you consider doing so?

To those on the waitlist, has anyone applied to the following cycle and if you haven’t, when would you consider doing so?
I would, tbh you're likely to get in but you should still be proactive about the chance that you might not. it sucks you have to spend so much money but hopefully your app looks better this cycle and youll get in without being stuck in WL. I wish you the best of lucks friend

I’m honestly suprised at how long it’s taking them to wrap up the decisions! It’s frustrating but trying to hang in!!!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I’m honestly suprised at how long it’s taking them to wrap up the decisions! It’s frustrating but trying to hang in!!!

i feel u! i interviewed late april and am holding out on submitting reapp until i get a decision. ik it could be up to 6 weeks but hoping for sooner🥲

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I just had my interview today and the welcome session said 5-7 weeks for an admission decision but my interviewer said 4-6 weeks.

Either way, seeing as there’s been little if any WL movement here and some April interviews haven’t even got their original decision yet, do we think they’re waiting to give out all decisions first before moving onto WL folks?

They didn’t say I’m interviewing for a WL spot, even though I’m kind of assuming it is at this point because if they’re waiting to give out all original decisions first, there’s no way they’re waiting until late June to start pulling from the WL, right? Unless interviews from today will hear back sooner than 4-6 weeks?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just had my interview today and the welcome session said 5-7 weeks for an admission decision but my interviewer said 4-6 weeks.

Either way, seeing as there’s been little if any WL movement here and some April interviews haven’t even got their original decision yet, do we think they’re waiting to give out all decisions first before moving onto WL folks?

They didn’t say I’m interviewing for a WL spot, even though I’m kind of assuming it is at this point because if they’re waiting to give out all original decisions first, there’s no way they’re waiting until late June to start pulling from the WL, right? Unless interviews from today will hear back sooner than 4-6 weeks?
There really is no telling what is going on in the PCOM process right now as this is truly unprecedented (based solely on previous years threads) for them to be sending out and interviewing into mid may. My belief is they haven’t haven’t reached their required number of As/WLs to safely fill their class, truly a guess but maybe there has been more turnover than expected by this point in the cycle.

My guess based on my work in the Navy and “admissions” (in a completely non academic setting lol) is that they are going to try and stick to their status quo as much as possible and start waitlist movement after their final round of April decisions, while allotting some additional acceptances for the people who interviewed in may. Most schools are pretty upfront if an interview is for a waitlist spot and I truly believe they will give out some more acceptances. It seems really unreasonable to start waitlist movement in June or July, probably too much stress induced on the system and applicants if they wait that long.

Last edited:
They had interview dates up until the 29th of May, so who knows when all decisions will come out. Seems kind of ridiculous.

EDIT: Actually I'm not sure if it was exactly 29th, but it definitely ended some date in the 20s.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad

Had mine today too, hope yours went well!

I interviewed 4/17 and my application status has changed (I have 7 bars). However, I haven’t received my decision yet.. anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed 4/17 and my application status has changed (I have 7 bars). However, I haven’t received my decision yet.. anyone else in the same boat?

You'll most likely receive your official decision tomorrow; typically, it takes one day between going to seven bars and receiving an answer. You can find out now if you received an A by checking to see if you received a second drop-down option in the withdraw portion of the portal that shows, "withdraw after offer."

IMG_5780.jpg

Is this the withdrawal drop down everyone’s talking about? When the portal reaches 7 bars, are there additional options if people have an A?

Edit: currently at 6 bars, just preparing for when its my time!

Last edited:
Is this the withdrawal drop down everyone’s talking about? When the portal reaches 7 bars, are there additional options if people have an A?

Wondering this also-what does the second drop down look like if not this one?

Sadly, I can't say as I was waitlisted so I haven't seen the additional drop-down option (yet). Although someone who was accepted would have to post it, I know there is some other drop-down that says, "withdraw after offer" for people who went to seven bars, and those people got accepted the next day. We spent a few days discussing it and figuring it out a few months ago.

View attachment 371531

Wondering this also-what does the second drop down look like if not this one?
Once you’ve reached the 7th bar and before an official decision is posted on your portal, you will see a second dropdown withdrawal menu underneath the original one. If it’s not present on the portal, then that means the post-II decision will unfortunately not be an A.

If you are accepted, you will have a second drop down menu that looks like this. (Sorry if it’s hard to see/if I uploaded it the wrong way lol I haven’t uploaded a pic to SDN before)

Attachments

• IMG_8220.png
    IMG_8220.png
    433.9 KB · Views: 189
So it is a whole separate second dropdown below the original dropdown?

Hi! Does anyone know know if PCOM criminal background check includes traffic infraction. I got stopped in my state (CA) by the police twice recently in the last 3 weeks (I know, stupid and unlucky - the cop was hiding to catch people like me on purpose) for speeding, crossing double white line, and failing to stop at a stop sign. Both tickets are being handled by a lawyer (only charges, no conviction yet) and only infraction charges are marked. Will the infractions show in my criminal background? Should I report myself first?

Hi! Does anyone know know if PCOM criminal background check includes traffic infraction. I got stopped in my state (CA) by the police twice recently in the last 3 weeks (I know, stupid and unlucky - the cop was hiding to catch people like me on purpose) for speeding, crossing double white line, and failing to stop at a stop sign. Both tickets are being handled by a lawyer (only charges, no conviction yet) and only infraction charges are marked. Will the infractions show in my criminal background? Should I report myself first?
No. Traffic citation are summary offenses under the Motor Vehicle code and will not appear in your criminal history. Also like you said no convictions yet soo there is nothing to prove. You’re fine :)

I have 6 bars with the drop-down. Has anybody had this?
At 6 bars too with the last one as cyan. I have the drop down menu but I think the difference is how it says "withdrawal after offer" instead of just "withdrawal"

At 6 bars too with the last one as cyan. I have the drop down menu but I think the difference is how it says "withdrawal after offer" instead of just "withdrawal"
A second dropdown menu should not show up if the progress bar is at 6 bars. Based off of everyone's observation who had the second bar appear, it occurs when the 7th bar fills up in the portal.

No. Traffic citation are summary offenses under the Motor Vehicle code and will not appear in your criminal history. Also like you said no convictions yet soo there is nothing to prove. You’re fine :)
Thanks so much! I just received the email from PCOM about background check, which states that it includes driving record. How likely is the driving infraction going to affect my enrollment? (Based on research on previous thread, it seems minimal but would still like to confirm)

Is August 14th the first day of class? I’m looking at the calendar online and not sure if I’m interpreting it correctly.

Is August 14th the first day of class? I’m looking at the calendar online and not sure if I’m interpreting it correctly.
Aug 1st is pre orientation and then Aug 7 is the mandatory orientation. :)

Does anyone have suggestions on nearby apartments to check out? Not familiar with the area around PCOM and trying to tell online what is a good choice is tough.

Congratulations!! Sorry to be that person lol, but when did you interview? I did in late April and am anxiously awaiting my decision.
I interviewed on April 24th so I got my A exactly 4 weeks after. I hope you hear back soon!

At this point those that didn’t get an II are likely receiving an R?

Has anyone that was accepted received a scholarship? If so, did it come with your acceptance or did you ask for it?

Is it typical for decisions of applicants who were interviewed on the same day to be released at different times? I am trying (and failing LOL) not to read into it too much that others from my interview day heard this week and I haven't

Last edited:
Is it typical for decisions of applicants who were interviewed on the same day to be released at different times? I am trying (and failing LOL) not to read into it too much that others from my interview day heard this week and I haven't
I also found out this Monday (and was accepted) but I had my interview on 4/18. I didn’t see anyone else post last week that they interviewed the same day as me and received a decision last week but it might be possible since people who interviewed 4/17 and earlier did hear back. I hope this is somewhat comforting!!!