2022-2023 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks! I’m assuming this week is the last week for interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone elses application portal not working? I was trying to add an update but my portal won't load. Anyone else experiencing this? Also has anyone gotten in off the waitlist yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone elses application portal not working? I was trying to add an update but my portal won't load. Anyone else experiencing this? Also has anyone gotten in off the waitlist yet?
My portal works, and there won’t be any significant waitlist movement until after may 1st when amcas requires those to reduce the amount of acceptances they’re holding. Even though DO waitlist movement may not pick up until after the AACOMAS may 15th deadline.

Reactions: 1 user
My portal works, and there won’t be any significant waitlist movement until after may 1st when amcas requires those to reduce the amount of acceptances they’re holding. Even though DO waitlist movement may not pick up until after the AACOMAS may 15th deadline.
Thanks for the reply! Im hoping my portal not working means they are taking me off the waitlist as we speak but in reality it's probably just my bad WIFI lol.

Thanks for the reply! Im hoping my portal not working means they are taking me off the waitlist as we speak but in reality it's probably just my bad WIFI lol.
definitely let us know if anything changes when you get access back. Maybe it will give the rest of us on the waitlist a hint on what to look for when movement starts. I know I keep checking every day to see if there are any changes.

Last edited:
No :/ i don’t think i’ve come across any official resources. I shadowed one who was a family friend. I’ve also shadowed a DO through my pediatricians office, worth it to ask your personal doctors. Your best bet will be cold calling private primary care practices. I’m from the philly area and I’d be willing to give you two doctor contacts i’ve shadowed here. However I don’t know anyone in GA.
Hi, can you give me two contacts of your doctors in Philadelphia? I tried cold calling but it did not go well. Thank you very much.

Just hit 7 bars this evening. oh wow freaking out (interviewed 3/27)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! What's the discord for? I feel too old 😂. I know it's a social platform but I've never used it. Also congrats to the new admits! Has anyone heard back about scholarships?

Congrats! What's the discord for? I feel too old 😂. I know it's a social platform but I've never used it. Also congrats to the new admits! Has anyone heard back about scholarships?
It's a social platform/group chat. It looks like it's also going to be used to organize resources for classes and whatnot. It's not too hard to navigate but there are always people around to help you figure it out.

Reactions: 1 users
Even though my FAFSA estimated family contribution was $0, my financial aid package only offered federal loans to cover half of the COA… Does that mean if I don’t get any scholarships I have to take out the rest in private loans? 🥲🥲🥲

Even though my FAFSA estimated family contribution was $0, my financial aid package only offered federal loans to cover half of the COA… Does that mean if I don’t get any scholarships I have to take out the rest in private loans? 🥲🥲🥲

Is that both the federal unsubsidized loans and also the Grad PLUS loans? Or just the unsubsidized loan?

If it’s just the unsubsidized loans, then don’t worry! Grad plus will allow you to take out the rest. I didn’t get any scholarships and I didn’t have to take out any private loans.

Congratulations to those who have recently received acceptances!!!

The Discord link has been shared and this will be great for information during the year but most of the conversation right now is happening on the GroupMe.
Here’s the link: GroupMe

This late? damn
I feel a little skeptical since quite a few people here said they could only see interview dates going into the end of April. Like I don’t feel if I called PCOM-GA that they’re just going to admit to me they’re no longer interviewing and about to send out the big R wave.

Seems like there are more interviews for May. There's hope!

Reactions: 1 user
Seems odd to me how they’re still sending out IIs when the cycle supposedly ended in April according to AACOMAS. I wonder if they’re experiencing higher than expected turnover this year. No other year seemed to of sent additional IIs in May.

Seems odd to me how they’re still sending out IIs when the cycle supposedly ended in April according to AACOMAS. I wonder if they’re experiencing higher than expected turnover this year. No other year seemed to of sent additional IIs in May.
I believe that’s the case. Some DO schools are still sending invites as of late April which is great for those that haven’t received it yet!

Withdrew my A, best of luck to those on the WL. Hopefully, it goes to one of you qualified individuals! Keep the faith!

Many other DO schools are also apparently still sending out IIs. I spoke to an admissions committee member from another DO school and they said that since many schools are doing virtual interviews (aka applicants don't really need to spend money on flights/travel to interview), a lot of applicants are attending many of their IIs and just paying deposit. So they are interviewing more students as they expect 30-40% of confirmed seats to go somewhere else.

Many other DO schools are also apparently still sending out IIs. I spoke to an admissions committee member from another DO school and they said that since many schools are doing virtual interviews (aka applicants don't really need to spend money on flights/travel to interview), a lot of applicants are attending many of their IIs and just paying deposit. So they are interviewing more students as they expect 30-40% of confirmed seats to go somewhere else.

Someone should tell them that there are a few people on the WL that are ready to commit to PCOM if given the chance (aka me) lol

Thanks for the insight though, makes sense as we finally settle into this new norm of majority virtual interviews combined with the ever increasing competitiveness of applying to med school.

Has anyone interviewed in the last week or so? Just curious if these are "real" interviews with the possibility of acceptance or are they interviews for the wait list?

II via email today, scheduled it for next week (not sure if there are dates beyond that but the only options were next week and to click for more dates which I didn't try)

Just received an II for next week? Didn’t think schools were still doing interviews…

How likely do ya'll think it is to get pulled from the waitlist if you have been on it for months? I got waitlisted in February. I got accepted to the Ga campus, which is where I did the biomed program. I really want Philly though.

How likely do ya'll think it is to get pulled from the waitlist if you have been on it for months? I got waitlisted in February. I got accepted to the Ga campus, which is where I did the biomed program. I really want Philly though.

There really is no good sign of how waitlist movement will work. I looked through the past few years threads and each time every single person who said they got off the waitlist posted how they were waitlisted sometime after February. Someone even asked if anyone ever got off the waitlist who interviewed before February and no one ever confirmed it. Who knows though, this year is obviously different since they are still sending out interviews in may.

I was WL in January, I keep checking every day hoping but honestly I’m not optimistic.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users