This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ConfusedStudent41

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the PreMed D.O. Forum but realized this may be a better location for this.

Hello. So my situation is as follows:

I was, am, in a Post Bac program. It is a 2 years masters program. I applied to DO schools last year, while I was in my second year of the program, but I sent my applications late due to my loan money coming in much later than they said it would and not being able to afford the cost of applications before then. This resulted in my getting a few interviews, but since they were so late in the cycle, they were for waitlist spots.
During that time in the year, I had gone through a lot of stuff with family and my personal life. It caused me to fall into a bad depression during the school year, and I lost all energy and motivation to do anything which resulted in it severely affecting my grades (C's and a D due to it occurring later during the semester, where I started well but failed every final/test afterwards). I had spoken with my counselor and also soughttherapy (which I have and have continued doing) which has helped an immenseamount. I had explained this, with the aid of my counselor, to the board of my school and they were understanding enough to allow me to retake basically all of last year.

Now here is my question. My AACOMAS does not have my new transcript (with my grades from last year) but has the transcript of my grades from the first year. On the application I have it written that I amcontinuing my education. Would it be better for me just submit my application withtranscripts as is, and if needed submit new transcripts at the end of the year if I need to reapply, or would I be better off submitting my transcripts and stating I am retaking the courses (if possible to do that)? Which would be the better option?

Thank you very much to everyone who reads this and offers advice.

Members don't see this ad.

You have to provide current transcripts if anything changed.

Reactions: 1 user