Ross University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had my interview a week ago and they said they will get back to me in early January, but based on what other people are saying it might not be till later. The interview was very fun, they personalize it and make it a very easy conversation. I would suggest watching the video they send and formulating a few questions off that, and being prepared to answer the "Why Ross?" question.

Members don't see this ad.

I received a phone call and email that I got accepted for May 2021(originally applied for Fall 2021)! My interview was 11/6.

Reactions: 5 users
Who all has heard back from their interviews? I had mine Nov. 9th, and I think it went really well, but it has been radio silence since then!!
Same, but I had mine November 24th. Has yours been moved to committee review yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview on 10-14-20 and got a email yesterday from the interviewer that I have been accepted for the fall of 2021.

Reactions: 9 users
I interviewed back in September, and today I finally got a voicemail and email from my interviewer that I have been accepted for Fall 2021 start as well!

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed back in September, and today I finally got a voicemail and email from my interviewer that I have been accepted for Fall 2021 start as well!

I interviewed October 27th and haven’t heard yet

Reactions: 1 user
This is a bit of a tangent, but has anyone heard anything on the status of the decision of us going to the island in the fall? I’ve been anxiously awaiting updates.

Do we need to send updated transcripts to Ross and if so, what email do we send them to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we need to send updated transcripts to Ross and if so, what email do we send them to?
I did because I was done with retaking classes this fall. But you can probably wait until you’re done with spring semester unless they ask. But I’m sure it won’t hurt to send now. This is the email my interviewer told me to send it to [email protected]

I had my interview yesterday and it went great! It was a conversation rather than an interview which I loved. It started off with the interviewer telling me about herself and then we dove into questions mostly about my resume. Definitely know your resume inside and out and what you learned from whatever experiences you wrote down. It lasted about half hour to forty minutes. It is nothing to be nervous about as I was so stressed the entire week but if you love and are passionate about veterinary medicine the conversation will flow and it will go well. Good luck to everyone who has applied or has an interview!!

I did because I was done with retaking classes this fall. But you can probably wait until you’re done with spring semester unless they ask. But I’m sure it won’t hurt to send now. This is the email my interviewer told me to send it to [email protected]
Do you happen to know where I can find the address to send my fall transcript to Ross?

Do you happen to know where I can find the address to send my fall transcript to Ross?

By mail:
ATTN: Ross Vet Admissions Department
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine
630 US Highway 1, Suite 2031
North Brunswick, NJ 08902

I haven't heard anything from Ross. not a single email. They called me the same month that VMCAS application was due and said they received my application and wanted to know if I had any questions. Since then, nothing. is anyone else in the same boat?

I haven't heard anything from Ross. not a single email. They called me the same month that VMCAS application was due and said they received my application and wanted to know if I had any questions. Since then, nothing. is anyone else in the same boat?
Me too! I submitted through VMCAS in September (for Fall 2021) but I haven’t heard anything at all yet.

I haven't heard anything about an interview or rejection. I receive their emails they send out to everyone but nothing regarding my application.
Did you apply for fall? I wouldn’t start to worry just yet. Last I heard, they are trying to fill up their spring class before the fall.

But emailing to confirm they have your application and are being reviewed couldn’t hurt!

Did you apply for fall? I wouldn’t start to worry just yet. Last I heard, they are trying to fill up their spring class before the fall.

But emailing to confirm they have your application and are being reviewed couldn’t hurt!
yes, I applied for fall 2021. thanks for the info! makes me feel more at ease!

Hey everybody! I just got on here because I haven't heard anything back at all. I believe my application was submitted on September 13th or something like that and I kept getting told to just keep waiting. Now I'm seeing you guys have interviewed and some have received admissions decisions. Should I be worried? How did you receive notification about an interview?

Hey everybody! I just got on here because I haven't heard anything back at all. I believe my application was submitted on September 13th or something like that and I kept getting told to just keep waiting. Now I'm seeing you guys have interviewed and some have received admissions decisions. Should I be worried? How did you receive notification about an interview?
I received my interview invite via email

I emailed my interviewer about my application status and he said I’d have a decision by late January or early February. Hoping this is accurate

I recently applied to Ross back in September. I had my interview last week which went well but I never received an email for an application status. I did get an interview invite but has anyone who applied through VMCAS received an application tracking page? I wish everyone luck and they said the decision should be made 6-8 weeks from now.

I recently applied to Ross back in September. I had my interview last week which went well but I never received an email for an application status. I did get an interview invite but has anyone who applied through VMCAS received an application tracking page? I wish everyone luck and they said the decision should be made 6-8 weeks from now.
I applied during September through VMCAS as well. I never received an application tracking page or any real contact about my application since the interview. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Last edited:
Accepted for May start today! But asked to defer to Fall since now I’m having surgery this spring. Hopefully will be allowed to push back my start date. Good luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Just got my interview invite! The earliest interview is 2/11! What were some interview questions that stood out to you! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Fall 2021! Hope to meet a lot of you soon!

Any other schools still in the running?? How are you going to decide if you get in elsewhere?
Yes! I got accepted to St George’s, and interviewed with LMU and Western. I am sending my deposit to Ross to hold the seat because I do really love Ross- a few of my friends went there an have such amazing things to save about it. Will have to weigh my options if I get accepted anywhere else.

Yes! I got accepted to St George’s, and interviewed with LMU and Western. I am sending my deposit to Ross to hold the seat because I do really love Ross- a few of my friends went there an have such amazing things to save about it. Will have to weigh my options if I get accepted anywhere else.

You’re submitting a deposit before you hear from the other schools? Why’s that?

I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!
they emailed me tonight and I scheduled for Feb. 10.

Reactions: 6 users
My interview is Thursday guys :love: good luck to everyone else. I wouldn't stress about the time frames. It's so busy this time of year anyways and with COVID, I'm sure it's all just a mess. Hoping you hear decisions soon ✨

Reactions: 2 users
I'm waiting to hear back from St. George's! Did Ross or St. G stand out to you for any particular reason?

I'm waiting to hear back from St. George's! Did Ross or St. G stand out to you for any particular reason?
I had friends who went to both! I really liked that Ross has a clinical affiliation with UC Davis (that’s my dream school). But I did hear the accelerated program at Ross can lead to a higher dropout rate (not sure about facts on this but just from what my friends who went there told me). And I know the island schools give a lot of hands on experience which I think is awesome - and a lot of opportunities to work for the public there (volunteering to help wild dogs, shelters, the community with pets). I think both schools have awesome programs I would be happy to go to either. So I think it just comes down to clinical affiliates and program details and stuff like that!

Hey guys! I’m new to the thread. I got rejected from the schools I applied to and am now just waiting on Ross. Is anyone else worried about moving so far? I’m worried about cost and just general life there. Any thoughts?

Hey guys! I’m new to the thread. I got rejected from the schools I applied to and am now just waiting on Ross. Is anyone else worried about moving so far? I’m worried about cost and just general life there. Any thoughts?
Don't let the rejections get you down, everything happens for a reason and there is a reason they were not the ones for you. I am hoping to get accepted into an island school myself. I am sort of nervous about moving of course, but the experience will be so worth it that I think it beats any nerves. Think about it.... you may be far away from home but you are going to be a VETERINARIAN!! And if this is the place willing to give you a chance to make it happen, then go for it! I think it's always important to go with the thing that scares you in regards to following your dreams/self growth. The cost is concerning yes, but at the end of the day money is money and it dies with you, following your dreams should come before any price tag ✨ :love:👩‍⚕️💉🐾

I had friends who went to both! I really liked that Ross has a clinical affiliation with UC Davis (that’s my dream school). But I did hear the accelerated program at Ross can lead to a higher dropout rate (not sure about facts on this but just from what my friends who went there told me). And I know the island schools give a lot of hands on experience which I think is awesome - and a lot of opportunities to work for the public there (volunteering to help wild dogs, shelters, the community with pets). I think both schools have awesome programs I would be happy to go to either. So I think it just comes down to clinical affiliates and program details and stuff like that!
UC Davis is gorgeous :love: I work with a Vet who went there and she talks so highly of it.

Don't let the rejections get you down, everything happens for a reason and there is a reason they were not the ones for you. I am hoping to get accepted into an island school myself. I am sort of nervous about moving of course, but the experience will be so worth it that I think it beats any nerves. Think about it.... you may be far away from home but you are going to be a VETERINARIAN!! And if this is the place willing to give you a chance to make it happen, then go for it! I think it's always important to go with the thing that scares you in regards to following your dreams/self growth. The cost is concerning yes, but at the end of the day money is money and it dies with you, following your dreams should come before any price tag ✨ :love:👩‍⚕️💉🐾
Ooof. Got me all in the feels this morning with that. Love it!

Just got an email from my interviewer saying she finally received the committee’s decision and she would be calling me soon. Hopefully some of y’all will start hearing soon too!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got an email from my interviewer saying she finally received the committee’s decision and she would be calling me soon. Hopefully some of y’all will start hearing soon too!
That's so exciting! When did you interview and for what semester?

I interviewed 10/30/2020 for fall 2021. I was accepted!!

• Love
  • Care