You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ross University c/o 2025
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi everyone! Is there a portal for students who submitted via VMCAS? If so, how do we access it?
equinevet2021
New Member
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a Facebook group (or something similar) for admitted students? If there is, can you be a part of it if you were accepted but haven't put down the deposit yet? I was accepted to Ross and want to get to know some of my potential classmates!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally got notification for an interview! I'm interviewing on the 17th of the month. Any suggestions, tips, etc?
It is very conversational and not intimidating at all! It is mostly based around your resume so I would suggest knowing your resume inside and out. Best of luck!Finally got notification for an interview! I'm interviewing on the 17th of the month. Any suggestions, tips, etc?
thefuturedogtorpaige
Full Member
I did not have mine on a weekend but i'm sure it is not unheard of. I just wanted to say good luck! <3I got an interview invitation not long ago! In my haste I scheduled the first available and realized it falls on a Sunday. Did anyone else get an interview invite for a weekend?
Thank you!!!! 💕💕I did not have mine on a weekend but i'm sure it is not unheard of. I just wanted to say good luck! <3
Mdennis298
New Member
I just received a call saying I got accepted!!! I interviewed on December 11th 🙂
Hi everyone! I created a facebook group for all incoming 2021 jan, may, and august sessions! it’s called “Ross DVM Class of 24’/25’”
It’s super laid back and very conversational! The questions I was asked were specifically about my experiences and things that were on my application. I had a really great interview experience, it lasted about an hour or so. Just relax, you will do great!My interview is this week. What kind of questions can I expect? It is virtual and I am super nervous!!
Micaelak21
New Member
Hi everyone! I got accepted into the vet prep program starting Fall 2021, so I basically would start the actual vet school in the spring instead of the fall, anyone else get accepted into that right away?
Paulinamg
Full Member
did they interview you or just accepted you into that program?Hi everyone! I got accepted into the vet prep program starting Fall 2021, so I basically would start the actual vet school in the spring instead of the fall, anyone else get accepted into that right away?
Thank you for your input! I didn't know what to expect so this is very helpful.It’s super laid back and very conversational! The questions I was asked were specifically about my experiences and things that were on my application. I had a really great interview experience, it lasted about an hour or so. Just relax, you will do great!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FuturePoultryVet21
Full Member
I had my interview earlier as well, did you apply for the May class?had my interview earlier today. they said I would find out in March if I have been accepted or not. just a little insight of what their timeline is for anyone who needs it!
Paulinamg
Full Member
I applied for Fall 2021. did you interview with Ruth?I had my interview earlier as well, did you apply for the May class?
Congrats! Did you interview at all, or just learn you were accepted to Vet Prep?Hi everyone! I got accepted into the vet prep program starting Fall 2021, so I basically would start the actual vet school in the spring instead of the fall, anyone else get accepted into that right away?
KiwiKaykmoku
Future Conservation Veterinarian
I dont know if anyone student coordinator is like mine, but I cant really get any information I'm asking for. I contacted Amerijet again today and they said that live animal cargo is still no go for St. Kitts ATM but to contact them again in 2 weeks. Flights right now from LAX to MIA are pretty cheap and I really want to bite the bullet but with so much uncertainty I cant do it. Does anyone know if when we recieve our welcome packet if it will tell us if we are going to have classes in person? And when those packets tend to get sent out for September class? And how far in advance of classes starting do they usually ask us to be on the island by? I also dont really understand how housing (off campus with Spouce and 2 dogs) works with having to shell out so many thousands to get to the island just to be broke when we get there until our refund from school goes into our account, which for undergrad didnt happen until after school started. I reached out to a woman in the housing dept. so we'll see if this gets me anymore information. 😵 Oh and I found out that both of my dogs actually need the 700 size crate because of how tall they are, I found one for $100 from a lady selling her minimally used one, but new they are not cheap at all. The hardest part about the crates is the height, some companies sell height extension kits, but those are expensive as well and I need at least 1 for one of my dog's crate.
What kind of dogs do you have? I'm in the same boat here- trying to figure out if classes will be in person/how to get my dog to the island. She also was recently diagnosed with epilepsy so the thought of her flying in cargo makes me pretty anxious. I would also be living off campus (with a spouse and my dog) so wondering how all of that works too. I am going to reach out to my friend who graduated from Ross- I know she lived off campus- to see what advice she had and I can always let you know if she has any important information for us.I dont know if anyone student coordinator is like mine, but I cant really get any information I'm asking for. I contacted Amerijet again today and they said that live animal cargo is still no go for St. Kitts ATM but to contact them again in 2 weeks. Flights right now from LAX to MIA are pretty cheap and I really want to bite the bullet but with so much uncertainty I cant do it. Does anyone know if when we recieve our welcome packet if it will tell us if we are going to have classes in person? And when those packets tend to get sent out for September class? And how far in advance of classes starting do they usually ask us to be on the island by? I also dont really understand how housing (off campus with Spouce and 2 dogs) works with having to shell out so many thousands to get to the island just to be broke when we get there until our refund from school goes into our account, which for undergrad didnt happen until after school started. I reached out to a woman in the housing dept. so we'll see if this gets me anymore information. 😵 Oh and I found out that both of my dogs actually need the 700 size crate because of how tall they are, I found one for $100 from a lady selling her minimally used one, but new they are not cheap at all. The hardest part about the crates is the height, some companies sell height extension kits, but those are expensive as well and I need at least 1 for one of my dog's crate.
I can’t answer about flying , but I can answer your questions about housing! For me personally I had issues with my financial aid, and didn’t get it until a month after school had started. I had already put a deposit down on my place, which basically came out of savings I already had. When I couldn’t pay rent due to not receiving financial aid, I kept my landlord in the loop and updated her everytime I spoke with financial aid. She was very understanding, and knew how Ross could be slow to pay sometimes. If you have an issue with a landlord because you don’t get your financial aid on time, reach out to Adele Straun in housing and she will be able to assist you in handling the situation.I dont know if anyone student coordinator is like mine, but I cant really get any information I'm asking for. I contacted Amerijet again today and they said that live animal cargo is still no go for St. Kitts ATM but to contact them again in 2 weeks. Flights right now from LAX to MIA are pretty cheap and I really want to bite the bullet but with so much uncertainty I cant do it. Does anyone know if when we recieve our welcome packet if it will tell us if we are going to have classes in person? And when those packets tend to get sent out for September class? And how far in advance of classes starting do they usually ask us to be on the island by? I also dont really understand how housing (off campus with Spouce and 2 dogs) works with having to shell out so many thousands to get to the island just to be broke when we get there until our refund from school goes into our account, which for undergrad didnt happen until after school started. I reached out to a woman in the housing dept. so we'll see if this gets me anymore information. 😵 Oh and I found out that both of my dogs actually need the 700 size crate because of how tall they are, I found one for $100 from a lady selling her minimally used one, but new they are not cheap at all. The hardest part about the crates is the height, some companies sell height extension kits, but those are expensive as well and I need at least 1 for one of my dog's crate.
I lived off campus my first semester too, and it can be really scary moving to a new place sight unseen, but it’s not bad at all! It can be really overwhelming initially moving to a new country when you’re used to the US, but once you get Used to your new place it becomes a home. I would watch the Facebook page and keep an eye on the myross page, because that’s where landlords will mainly post. You can always ask about landlords on the Facebook page for students, because other students will be able to tell you their experiences. And search the page for areas your interested in living too. For example, Half moon tends to have more break ins because it has the nicer housing, but some people live there and have no problems at all.
As for when you’ll receive word about being on island, no one knows at this point. I would hope that they would let you know by the beginning of summer semester, but Ross runs on island time so that’s not a guarantee. The summer semester first semesters are starting online, but who knows what they’ll do for you guys.
Future.doctor.Hayley
Full Member
I just had my interview and Ross sounds so amazing! She said about a month to hear back but it was an awesome interview experience!
thefuturedogtorpaige
Full Member
Awesome!! Glad it went well for you. Maybe we will be classmates some day (I'm waiting to hear back too) I interviewed Jan 23I just had my interview and Ross sounds so amazing! She said about a month to hear back but it was an awesome interview experience!
I interviewed on Jan 22nd and was accepted on Feb 9th! Have they officially decided classes are online for May start? Last I heard, they were making the final decision by this weekend. I can't wait to meet everyone!
KiwiKaykmoku
Future Conservation Veterinarian
I have a 73lb standard poodle and 63lb labradoodle. They are both pretty lanky but the poodle is 36'H and my doodle is 34'H the standard 700 size crate is 35' H meaning that my doodle will be fine, but my poodle needs height extension or we run the risk of being turned away at cargo. The extension kit adds 5', if you have a shorter dog that can fit in the 500 size crate the external height is usually about 30' an extension on that size crate will only add about 3.5'. So 700 size crate is really the one that will work and they are about 50lbs so not light either. This also limits what aircraft/flights your pet can get to the island on. AA doesnt have any jets to St. Kitts than can accommodate their crate size, Delta has a cargo embargo, and Amerijet still has an embargo to St. Kitts but may be lifted soon. I was worried about cargo as well, but I think it's probably unwarranted with the number of pets that actually experience problems vs ones that don't and it seems like airlines really do try to be as safe as possible which makes it harder on people because of all the regulations and rules that you have to follow. Here is a link to a Pilot discussing cargo for pets and how it worksWhat kind of dogs do you have? I'm in the same boat here- trying to figure out if classes will be in person/how to get my dog to the island. She also was recently diagnosed with epilepsy so the thought of her flying in cargo makes me pretty anxious. I would also be living off campus (with a spouse and my dog) so wondering how all of that works too. I am going to reach out to my friend who graduated from Ross- I know she lived off campus- to see what advice she had and I can always let you know if she has any important information for us.
As for your dog having epilepsy, I would talk to your rDVM and see if they have any recommendation. I talked with one of my docs about giving my guys a little Traz for the flight so that they aren't as freaked out and she seemed okay with the idea since it's only a slight sedative and wouldnt knock them down. She did highly recommend trying dosage at home to see how if effects them prior. After talking with my husband about it I think we both have agreed to not do Trazadone just because we dont want it to be a variable that could potentially cause issues even if unlikely.
thefuturedogtorpaige
Full Member
Omg my interview was literally the day after yours... hopefully I hear something soon too then!I interviewed on Jan 22nd and was accepted on Feb 9th! Have they officially decided classes are online for May start? Last I heard, they were making the final decision by this weekend. I can't wait to meet everyone!
Which term did you apply to start? That's so exciting!Omg my interview was literally the day after yours... hopefully I hear something soon too then!
thefuturedogtorpaige
Full Member
Fall 2021!Which term did you apply to start? That's so exciting!
I have a 73lb standard poodle and 63lb labradoodle. They are both pretty lanky but the poodle is 36'H and my doodle is 34'H the standard 700 size crate is 35' H meaning that my doodle will be fine, but my poodle needs height extension or we run the risk of being turned away at cargo. The extension kit adds 5', if you have a shorter dog that can fit in the 500 size crate the external height is usually about 30' an extension on that size crate will only add about 3.5'. So 700 size crate is really the one that will work and they are about 50lbs so not light either. This also limits what aircraft/flights your pet can get to the island on. AA doesnt have any jets to St. Kitts than can accommodate their crate size, Delta has a cargo embargo, and Amerijet still has an embargo to St. Kitts but may be lifted soon. I was worried about cargo as well, but I think it's probably unwarranted with the number of pets that actually experience problems vs ones that don't and it seems like airlines really do try to be as safe as possible which makes it harder on people because of all the regulations and rules that you have to follow. Here is a link to a Pilot discussing cargo for pets and how it works
As for your dog having epilepsy, I would talk to your rDVM and see if they have any recommendation. I talked with one of my docs about giving my guys a little Traz for the flight so that they aren't as freaked out and she seemed okay with the idea since it's only a slight sedative and wouldnt knock them down. She did highly recommend trying dosage at home to see how if effects them prior. After talking with my husband about it I think we both have agreed to not do Trazadone just because we dont want it to be a variable that could potentially cause issues even if unlikely.
I know you live in Cache Valley from your posts about attending USU. Anyways.. I’m just over the border in Weston Idaho. We have 3 large kennels that were used for my husbands Weimaraners. They have since passed away, and my blue heelers use smaller ones. If you wanted I can measure the high on the ones I have and let you know. We’d let them go for a lot less than new ones. They are all in great shape. One of the weims was 100 pounds and really tall. He was able to stand in it easily.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a 73lb standard poodle and 63lb labradoodle. They are both pretty lanky but the poodle is 36'H and my doodle is 34'H the standard 700 size crate is 35' H meaning that my doodle will be fine, but my poodle needs height extension or we run the risk of being turned away at cargo. The extension kit adds 5', if you have a shorter dog that can fit in the 500 size crate the external height is usually about 30' an extension on that size crate will only add about 3.5'. So 700 size crate is really the one that will work and they are about 50lbs so not light either. This also limits what aircraft/flights your pet can get to the island on. AA doesnt have any jets to St. Kitts than can accommodate their crate size, Delta has a cargo embargo, and Amerijet still has an embargo to St. Kitts but may be lifted soon. I was worried about cargo as well, but I think it's probably unwarranted with the number of pets that actually experience problems vs ones that don't and it seems like airlines really do try to be as safe as possible which makes it harder on people because of all the regulations and rules that you have to follow. Here is a link to a Pilot discussing cargo for pets and how it works
As for your dog having epilepsy, I would talk to your rDVM and see if they have any recommendation. I talked with one of my docs about giving my guys a little Traz for the flight so that they aren't as freaked out and she seemed okay with the idea since it's only a slight sedative and wouldnt knock them down. She did highly recommend trying dosage at home to see how if effects them prior. After talking with my husband about it I think we both have agreed to not do Trazadone just because we dont want it to be a variable that could potentially cause issues even if unlikely.
Thank you SO much for taking the time to type all of this out- I have been so stressed about this situation, so that makes me a feel a bit better. Yeah my rDVM also prescribes clients Gaba/traz combo for flying. I'll have to talk with her and the neurologist and see if the traveling would be an issue. Definitely makes me feel better that you have large dogs, mine's a mix she's 76 pounds and I had seen people saying that it's impossible to fly with dogs that large, even in cargo so I was really worried. Thank you!!!!
KiwiKaykmoku
Future Conservation Veterinarian
Awesome, yes I am definitely interested!I know you live in Cache Valley from your posts about attending USU. Anyways.. I’m just over the border in Weston Idaho. We have 3 large kennels that were used for my husbands Weimaraners. They have since passed away, and my blue heelers use smaller ones. If you wanted I can measure the high on the ones I have and let you know. We’d let them go for a lot less than new ones. They are all in great shape. One of the weims was 100 pounds and really tall. He was able to stand in it easily.
I’ll message you on the weekend when I measure it!Awesome, yes I am definitely interested!
FuturePoultryVet21
Full Member
I interviewed with Rebecca she calls herself “Becky”I applied for Fall 2021. did you interview with Ruth?
felixthedog
New Member
I interviewed on 1/15/21 and haven’t heard back yet. Starting to get pretty nervous hearing about others who interviewed after me and received acceptances. Anybody else still waiting? Any rejections yet?
I interviewed January 4th and just emailed them asking when I should be hearing back and they said this week. I am assuming yours might be later because you interviewed later.I interviewed on 1/15/21 and haven’t heard back yet. Starting to get pretty nervous hearing about others who interviewed after me and received acceptances. Anybody else still waiting? Any rejections yet?
Micaelak21
New Member
Yep I had my interview like normal, but going into the vet prep semester probably because my grades aren't the highest lol, but I still went through VMCAS and interviewed the same as everyone else!Congrats! Did you interview at all, or just learn you were accepted to Vet Prep?
Micaelak21
New Member
Yep I had my interview like normal, but going into the vet prep semester probably because my grades aren't the highest lol, but I still went through VMCAS and interviewed the same as everyone else!did they interview you or just accepted you into that program?
Me too! I haven’t heard anything yet.. no interview or rejection. I applied in September through VMCAS for Fall 2021.I interviewed on 1/15/21 and haven’t heard back yet. Starting to get pretty nervous hearing about others who interviewed after me and received acceptances. Anybody else still waiting? Any rejections yet?
they said they will email us soon with the links after they determine if classes are online etc.. i created a page for us though! it’s called “Ross DVM Class of 24’/25’”Does anyone know if Ross has a Facebook page up for accepted students for Fall 2021 start?
FuturePoultryVet21
Full Member
Hey Madison! I just requested to be in the group!they said they will email us soon with the links after they determine if classes are online etc.. i created a page for us though! it’s called “Ross DVM Class of 24’/25’”
Thanks! I just requested to join ☺️they said they will email us soon with the links after they determine if classes are online etc.. i created a page for us though! it’s called “Ross DVM Class of 24’/25’”
wilinskyma25
New Member
Hey ya’ll!! Just wanted to get on here and say I’ve been accepted for Vet prep for the May 2021 start date! I had my interview in November and originally was accepted for the January semester but deferred due to COVID travel restrictions. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are the prereqs the same for the Vet Prep as getting into the vet school? Is the idea for people with lower GPA? People with low vet experience? Just trying to understand it a little more.
wilinskyma25
New Member
It is all the exact same! You get put into the prep program, you don’t apply for it. You can be placed into the prep program for various reasons: lower grade averages, lower veterinary experience, disadvantages, etc. It is meant to give the student some classes to better prepare them for the rigor of veterinary school!Are the prereqs the same for the Vet Prep as getting into the vet school? Is the idea for people with lower GPA? People with low vet experience? Just trying to understand it a little more.
jonesjess299
JJ
I interviewed on 12/10/20 for Fall of 2021. I am still waiting to hear back, it is actually making me very nervous that I haven't heard back yet. I didn't think it would take them this long.I interviewed on 1/15/21 and haven’t heard back yet. Starting to get pretty nervous hearing about others who interviewed after me and received acceptances. Anybody else still waiting? Any rejections yet?
aquaticanimals8
Full Member
Hey! Could someone post a link to the accepted FB page? I cannot seem to find it. Thanks!
KiwiKaykmoku
Future Conservation Veterinarian
https://m.facebook.com/groups/771442433725247/?tsid=0.8749284020974355&source=resultHey! Could someone post a link to the accepted FB page? I cannot seem to find it. Thanks!
I had trouble finding it as well 😉