Serial/Criminal Minds WW - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How about fake quoting though

Like vis has quotes seeming to confirm vig shots but I don’t wanna trust those
If mods banned fake quotes, it would allow for angleshooting. Alternatively, they'd take the rare path of banning anything but PM paraphrasing. Not recent, but I remember watching Coop fake and gravely alter a slew of quotes to make it appear like Mel rojo'd a couple of years ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm not twisting anything. I just don't understand why you'd think two killing factions exists in conjunction with Bob's village kill when that was the first double kill of the game.
Because not all killing factions can kill successfully every night. AM pls. How does this question make any sense? I knew there were at least 2 killing factions, like everyone, because one serial killer had flipped. What does there being 1 kill the previous night have anything at all to do with Bob’s claim?

Because not all killing factions can kill successfully every night. AM pls. How does this question make any sense? I knew there were at least 2 killing factions, like everyone, because one serial killer had flipped. What does there being 1 kill the previous night have anything at all to do with Bob’s claim?
I'd understand that after the serial killer had flipped. genny didn't kill herself however. So even if I consider genny and you stacking on please, I find it hard to believe a third killing faction joined you on please too.

If you mean the stack was on genny, that still doesn't make Bob look good because only one death appeared. I can't make a connection to assuming you killed, genny killed, Bob killed, + one more scum faction killed and aligned so only two deaths occurred (even if I factor in EOD kills).

Members don't see this ad :)
While we’re all dying I’ll share the tinfoil that is making me hesitate on actually placing my vote on vis

It seems like the role names are building a profile. Vis and I have both claimed role names that are descriptive of a persons age/gender/etc while everyone else just claimed descriptive phrases

Part of me wants to suspect that vis’ claim is a cover role since I know mine is real, and perhaps the village roles were meant to build a single profile. In which case I happily yeet vis

Part of me wants to believe the claim from vis, and believe there are two separate profiles being built. Vis could be describing Garcia, already flipped (Bob). If all wolves are main characters, my role name could be descriptive of Spencer Reid (a beloved enough character that I’d expect him to be in the game, other likely option being Garcia in a wolfpack with Morgan). In which case, yeet somekne other than vis

Most likely, the mods exactly thought this through in order to laugh at my panic and neither of these are correct

Day 4: The Difference Between Insanity and Genius is Success

Cray (1) - Mel
TME (1) - AM
AM (1) - Visc
cubs ()
Visc (2) - cubs, Cray

5/6

Has yet to vote: @TelemarketingEnigma

Police hot on their tail: @Viscernable

Vote closes at 10pm EST, TODAY, 11/18 (~65 MINUTES)
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve made a mistake and had two glasses of wine already, and there’s still an hour till close

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
While we’re all dying I’ll share the tinfoil that is making me hesitate on actually placing my vote on vis

It seems like the role names are building a profile. Vis and I have both claimed role names that are descriptive of a persons age/gender/etc while everyone else just claimed descriptive phrases

Part of me wants to suspect that vis’ claim is a cover role since I know mine is real, and perhaps the village roles were meant to build a single profile. In which case I happily yeet vis

Part of me wants to believe the claim from vis, and believe there are two separate profiles being built. Vis could be describing Garcia, already flipped (Bob). If all wolves are main characters, my role name could be descriptive of Spencer Reid (a beloved enough character that I’d expect him to be in the game, other likely option being Garcia in a wolfpack with Morgan). In which case, yeet somekne other than vis

Most likely, the mods exactly thought this through in order to laugh at my panic and neither of these are correct
Yes! Spencer better make an appearance. Well I’m at vis vs AM. AM flubbed the whole reveal thing but I feel like you said, she’s more disengaged than wolfy. But if Bob was her partner and she sees the writing on the wall yesterday then it would make sense for her to act defeated.

Reactions: 1 user

Not to discourage you from your hesitation to choke by voting me, but I don’t think the mods would make it solve-able from role names. I think it’s likely multiple (all?) village names could potentially describe a main character so that we can’t pick out the wolves by role name alone.

Not to discourage you from your hesitation to choke by voting me, but I don’t think the mods would make it solve-able from role names. I think it’s likely multiple (all?) village names could potentially describe a main character so that we can’t pick out the wolves by role name alone.
I mean, the psychopath parts don’t describe any main characters. I’m not putting much stock in the descriptive factors, those are the kind of generic unsub descriptors that happen in every episode

But mid 30s female loner or whatever your claim was seems pretty consistent with Garcia, though I don’t know her canonical age

And mine could really only be consistent with Reid (most other main characters are either older or another race or gender)

But the mods very well might have come up with the descriptors with no intended relation to the main characters

Let’s please remember that Bob and I aggressively and repeatedly defended each other to an extent that wouldn’t even be likely for the boldest of powerwolves unless they were also stupid. Let’s keep it in our minds that this is not Bob’s wolf meta and it’s certainly not mine.

Let’s remember that meanwhile, his village read of AM was a quiet one, with a carefully balanced number of interactions, and backed up with him suddenly apparently knowing her wolf tells (how else can you justify quietly, without having to fake a bunch of convincing evidence, village reading a packmate you historically tend to read as wolf even when village).

Let’s recall when AM talked a big game of being willing to consider voting Bob, but refused to actually do it when repeatedly ask.

Let’s look at today and ask ourselves whether a “disengaged”-sounding AM immediately following the first successful scum yeet is more consistent with a solo-wolfing AM or a village AM.

I mean, the psychopath parts don’t describe any main characters. I’m not putting much stock in the descriptive factors, those are the kind of generic unsub descriptors that happen in every episode

But mid 30s female loner or whatever your claim was seems pretty consistent with Garcia, though I don’t know her canonical age

And mine could really only be consistent with Reid (most other main characters are either older or another race or gender)
Apparently Garcia was born in 1977 (according to some wiki page) so she would’ve been in her 30s for most of the show

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like this is where we’re going, so to follow my gut and get my vote on the board for now:

Yeet vis

If we’re wrong and survive, my next suspicions are Mel, then AM

Let’s please remember that Bob and I aggressively and repeatedly defended each other to an extent that wouldn’t even be likely for the boldest of powerwolves unless they were also stupid. Let’s keep it in our minds that this is not Bob’s wolf meta and it’s certainly not mine.

Let’s remember that meanwhile, his village read of AM was a quiet one, with a carefully balanced number of interactions, and backed up with him suddenly apparently knowing her wolf tells (how else can you justify quietly, without having to fake a bunch of convincing evidence, village reading a packmate you historically tend to read as wolf even when village).

Let’s recall when AM talked a big game of being willing to consider voting Bob, but refused to actually do it when repeatedly ask.

Let’s look at today and ask ourselves whether a “disengaged”-sounding AM immediately following the first successful scum yeet is more consistent with a solo-wolfing AM or a village AM.
Bob has powerwolfed before (Madagascar) in addition to deepwolfing. The "disengagement" isn't AI. I'm just tired from studying. I've had a similar style of playing early May this year.

Torn between Visc and AM and Mel honestly. I wish I could do a reread before deciding but not how the cookie crumbles.

Well this is awfully exciting. Everyone is the same thing
turns out serial killers have a bit of a type :unsure:
Also, a question - the rules say no quoting/fake quoting mod messages. Is that just literally messages from mods? I don’t know how much stock to put in these quotes people included from their mod PMs
yarp. Just no direct quoting of whatever we sent you in PM. Feel free to make up anything else to your heart's desire

• Haha
Unvote Cray
Vote Visc

I hope it’s Visc.
If it’s AM, I’m always okay losing to her.

If it’s Cray I’m retiring from WW for a while because that means I had both wolves by D2 and nobody listened to me.

Also why are we not talking about if there’s a wolf and a 3p left and that’s why there’s still 2 kills every night? Did I miss something that makes that improbable?

Unvote Cray
Vote Visc

I hope it’s Visc.

If it’s Cray I’m retiring from WW for a while because that means I had both wolves by D2 and nobody listened to me.

Also why are we not talking about if there’s a wolf and a 3p left and that’s why there’s still 2 kills every night? Did I miss something that makes that improbable?
I included that possibility in my math

I’m just preferring not to think about it

Unvote Cray
Vote Visc

I hope it’s Visc.

It's one of the reasons I decide to switch to Vis.

Unvote Cray
Vote Visc

I hope it’s Visc.

Makes our vis yeet even better chances if cray/am is the other remaining scum.

Unvote Cray
Vote Visc

I hope it’s Visc.

I'm going to be pretty pissed if you said this and it's you.

• Haha
Day Four

"This suspect has an intense desire for solitude and sought it out in rugged and uncharted terrain, which as you know made the search for her very complicated," the agent said.

"Did she move throughout the swamp, or did she have one location in which she stayed?" a reported asked.

"Well, as you may have heard upon her arrest, she considers the entire swamp her home, so in that sense the answer to both of your questions is yes. However, she did maintain a shack in the center of the swamp in an area which had a large number of phrogs, which are apparently the only type of company she preferred."

"I'm sorry, did you say phrogs? Not frogs?"

"Yes, it's - " she started, but another agent began talking over her with a sharp edge of excitement in his voice.

"Interestingly, the phrogs exude a toxin on their skins that causes a sleep-like state and can even induce a deep state of anesthesia in sufficient quantities. We initially thought she was overdosing her victims on sleeping pills and leaving them facedown in swamp water, but further toxicological investigation and molecular analysis has shown that the victims were actually coated in phrog toxin. My best estimation is that she had actually managed to train the phrogs to swarm those who intruded upon her swamp sanctum, thereby causing their deaths."

"If her 'swamp sanctum' is so secluded, how did you all find her?"

An older agent stepped up, clearing his throat. "She had been on something called 'Discord' in her shack, incidentally bragging about the murder of a suspect that you may recall we attempted to arrest earlier last week. While on the call, she inadvertently got too close to one of her phrogs, and fell asleep long enough for our team to trace the source of her call."

"And the donkey?" the reporter asked.

"We have currently placed it in the custody of a local animal control agency."

Awaiting trial is @Viscernable , who was "a female in her early to mid 30s with low self-esteem," a village one-time night vigilante.

We are born princes, and the civilizing process makes us frogs.

5 players remain
1. @Crayola227
2. @Animal Midwife
6. @TelemarketingEnigma
7. @cubsrule4e
11. @Melchizedek

Locked Up:
12. @alleycat03 - in good physical condition - vanillager
4. @Zenge142 - displays extreme levels of disorganization - vanillager
13. @mkg323 - has ample time and means to carry out their crimes - village blocker
5. @genny - Jason Gideon - 3p serial killer
9. @vetschoolsletmeinplease - likely try to insert themselves into the investigation - vanillager
3. @samac - probably a loner and cannot keep a job - vanillager
7.7. @Stagg737 - an extreme narcissist, bordering on having a God complex - village gleaner
8. @Viscernable - a female in her early to mid 30s with low self-esteem - village one shot night vig

On the Lam:
10. @BobLoblaw78 - Penelope Garcia - WOLF hacker

Subs:
1. @SportPonies
2. @MOOSEygoosey

Tots:
1. smol @supershorty
2. @Lawpy
3. @Dinashadow
4. @Barkley13
5. @Zeppelyn

It is now Night 4. Send in your actions to avoid mod wrath. You have until 10am EST. OR ELSE.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
The longer it takes the write up the better chance the game is over! #notangleshooting
You fools, I was merely wrestling SDN

you have to play this game forever until I'm bored by your suffering. I'm just gonna start rezzing players as completely different characters soon. We're gonna play musical affiliations too

• Wow
  • Love
You fools, I was merely wrestling SDN

you have to play this game forever until I'm bored by your suffering. I'm just gonna start rezzing players as completely different characters soon. We're gonna play musical affiliations too
Tots too pls :heckyeah:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users