sgu c/o 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah thats probably it this week would have been 6 weeks post confirmation email so im sure it wont be too much longer. Congrats on your acceptance btw!!

Thank you very much! and 6 weeks was the shorter end of their estimate, so thinking positively, you're still on the early end of their timeline! and even more positive thinking.. having no response right now is better than having already gotten a denial! Best of luck, hopefully I'll be seeing you on the island in August :soexcited::highfive:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an acceptance email today and I interviewed September 28.. might take time

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance on Friday! I'm still waiting to hear back/interview with a few stateside schools, but only because of tuition costs. Side note, I visited Grenada last year and got to form an impression when I still had relatively little skin in the game. I was really interested in the school's relationship with the local folks, what the housing experience would be, weather (disclaimer: it's not just hot, that equatorial sun will turn you into crispy bacon), etc. I loved most of what I found, but could def see where island life could be challenging. If anyone has questions about what it's like there, I'm happy to answer!

Do you all know if May is too late apply for the August 18 class?

Taking MCAT in January '18, but I'd like to apply with my Spring '18 grades. Getting 508+ on practice MCATs, so hopefully that can offset my VERY low GPA. Have a 2.67 now, but hoping that will be a 2.85-2.90 by May '18 when I apply. Also have lots of clinical experience, volunteering.

Hi all! VMCAS verified 8/20. Interviewed 10/6. Accepted 12/1 to the Fall 2018 class.

I know I was in contact with Krista a lot because I was originally told it would be 4-6 weeks after my interview, but then I got another email on November 9th saying I wouldn't hear back for another 6-8 weeks. Krista said decisions normally go out November/December for fall interviews.

I still have never news. I applied for fall 18 and interviewed 9/15. :(

Have you contacted Krista? She can check on it for you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using SDN mobile

I haven't heard anything yet either! I interviewed on 10/11. Monday marks 8 weeks post confirmed application being sent to final review. Im hoping this week I'll hear something, if I don't by midweek I'm definitely going to email Krista.

Any updates on anyone for sgu? I'm debating on calling Krista but I'm worried I'll get the same response as the email that got sent out saying that the review period got extended. Im getting so anxious lol

People that have gotten accepted. Mind posting stats?
3.42 cGPA, 3.80 last 45 GPA
159 verbal 157 quantitative 5.0 writing
2000+ vet hours
10000+ animal hours (grew up as an equestrian plus some wildlife rehab volunteering)
Varsity athlete in college

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow I just realized this is the pre-vet thread lol...I'm actually premed. Sorry guys.

Got that email from SGU to remind me about sending in my fall transcripts and about them being on vacation starting tomorrow. No answer today so I guess I'm finding out in the new year :/

Reactions: 1 users
I got accepted to SGU today, sorta! I have to complete one semester in the "Veterinary Foundation Program" First. So still good news

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else heard anything from sgu??

I declined my acceptance today as I got into my in state school, hopefully my spot goes to one of you guys! Best of luck!

I declined my acceptance today as I got into my in state school, hopefully my spot goes to one of you guys! Best of luck!
Thats awesome congratulations!! yeah hopefully I'll get an email sooner or later

Dang that's a long time! Have you emailed Krista to see what the hold up is?
I spoke to her just a few days before the Christmas break and sent her my transcript from this past semester and she said I’m sorry as soon as I know you’ll know

I spoke to her just a few days before the Christmas break and sent her my transcript from this past semester and she said I’m sorry as soon as I know you’ll know
Well that sucks! I'll probably be in the same boat you are then. I hope you hear soon! Good luck

Does anyone know if it is possible to be bumped up from the VFP program? Like a waiting list of sorts?

Anyone who had to complete additional hours by jan 1st get an acceptance yet?

Does anyone know if it is possible to be bumped up from the VFP program? Like a waiting list of sorts?

Just from my own personal experiences on island I've never heard of anyone being bumped from foundations. They have a pretty full class every term.

Has anyone heard anything recently? I interviewed beginning of November and am still anxiously waiting.....

Hi all! I was accepted for fall 18, interviewed 10/18 accepted 12/14. I'm excited to meet my fellow classmates!

interviewed around mid-oct, haven't heard anything from them. Anxiously waiting...

I interviewed Oct 20 and had to give an update of 150hours of lg animal experience by Jan 1st, however I also wrote a letter of intent to complete the hours. Everything is submitted, but still haven't hear back...anyone else in the same boat?

I also interviewed early-mid October, and haven't heard anything yet, and have had the decision timeline pushed back 3-4 times. First it was within 2 weeks of the interview I would hear a decision, and now it's expected to be in February; extended nearly 4 months. I can't imagine that this bodes well for my admission decision; considering I've read of a few of you interviewing around the same time as myself, and accepted a month or more ago. I suspect an unofficial "waitlist", waiting to see what other apps come in, while those on the borderline are held without news of a decision. Certainly doesn't sound like a proper "rolling admissions"; I detect some tomfoolery. Thoughts on this anyone?

I'm feeling the same way in terms of extreme uneasiness about my decision. I interviewed same time as you and I'm sitting here thinking "well if I haven't heard back by now and others have that means I'm probably out". Hopefully I'm wrong, or if I do in fact get waitlisted I'll get taken off of it before I have to make my decision, but I can't say I won't be disappointed with that outcome. St. Georges was one of my top schools when applying and I felt that my interview went really well especially for it being my very first veterinary school interview.

I'm feeling the same way in terms of extreme uneasiness about my decision. I interviewed same time as you and I'm sitting here thinking "well if I haven't heard back by now and others have that means I'm probably out". Hopefully I'm wrong, or if I do in fact get waitlisted I'll get taken off of it before I have to make my decision, but I can't say I won't be disappointed with that outcome. St. Georges was one of my top schools when applying and I felt that my interview went really well especially for it being my very first veterinary school interview.
I've read your posts and definitely felt that we were in nearly the same exact boat. They were also my first interview, and one of my top schools, as well as our timeline being the same. I talked to Krista Grace recently, said no decision yet and will probably be in February now. I literally CANNOT believe that things are truly being done chronologically. I didn't give her any trouble because I know she has nothing to do with it, but I'd like to give SOMEBODY a piece of my mind o_O

I've read your posts and definitely felt that we were in nearly the same exact boat. They were also my first interview, and one of my top schools, as well as our timeline being the same. I talked to Krista Grace recently, said no decision yet and will probably be in February now. I literally CANNOT believe that things are truly being done chronologically. I didn't give her any trouble because I know she has nothing to do with it, but I'd like to give SOMEBODY a piece of my mind o_O

I feel ya I wonder why and how we got put to the bottom of the pile especially since we interviewed so early. And yeah I understand unfortunately Krista is just the messenger in this situation but something had to have gotten messed up in the extension of the committee reviews. Here's my question for you-do you have any outstanding prerequisite courses that you are taking currently? I got a C- in my biochem class my senior year and right now I am taking it online. I'm not 100% sure if thats maybe what is holding my application back (I know it is for Guelph they're not even gonna look at my application until I send them my transcript) but I have kept them in the loop of whats been going on and that I am taking that course right now.

I feel ya I wonder why and how we got put to the bottom of the pile especially since we interviewed so early. And yeah I understand unfortunately Krista is just the messenger in this situation but something had to have gotten messed up in the extension of the committee reviews. Here's my question for you-do you have any outstanding prerequisite courses that you are taking currently? I got a C- in my biochem class my senior year and right now I am taking it online. I'm not 100% sure if thats maybe what is holding my application back (I know it is for Guelph they're not even gonna look at my application until I send them my transcript) but I have kept them in the loop of whats been going on and that I am taking that course right now.
No, my coursework has been completed. Now I feel like my situation is even stranger than before (not trying to downplay yours at all). But I do feel like outstanding coursework could explain it somewhat in your situation.

I also interviewed early-mid October, and haven't heard anything yet, and have had the decision timeline pushed back 3-4 times. First it was within 2 weeks of the interview I would hear a decision, and now it's expected to be in February; extended nearly 4 months. I can't imagine that this bodes well for my admission decision; considering I've read of a few of you interviewing around the same time as myself, and accepted a month or more ago. I suspect an unofficial "waitlist", waiting to see what other apps come in, while those on the borderline are held without news of a decision. Certainly doesn't sound like a proper "rolling admissions"; I detect some tomfoolery. Thoughts on this anyone?
Same thought! I started to think that there is an unofficial waitlist. But I don't know what are they waiting for? New applicants or students haven't done their interviews? Krista asked for my fall transcript and I have sent it to her in early Jan, I don't know what to do now.

Another question everyone, has Krista asked for your fall transcript? I am wondering do they ask it from every applicant.

I don’t think it’s just you - I interviewed in mid November and still haven’t heard back. I already graduated and did not need to send a fall transcript.

Another question everyone, has Krista asked for your fall transcript? I am wondering do they ask it from every applicant.
Yes I received that email also, even though I don't have one to give them.

I interviewed mid October and still haven’t heard a thing. I just got an email today about the “See SGU Program”, saying if I want to visit SGU they will pay for it if I’m accepted. I’m confused. Did anyone else get that email? Should I assume I would have gotten an acceptance by now?

I interviewed mid October and still haven’t heard a thing. I just got an email today about the “See SGU Program”, saying if I want to visit SGU they will pay for it if I’m accepted. I’m confused. Did anyone else get that email? Should I assume I would have gotten an acceptance by now?
I got that email too and I’ve got that email before a few times. I don’t think it means anything.

To my understanding they will pay for your trip after you register. Meaning keep all those receipts. Don't kill me if i'm wrong =/

Edited. Reimbursed when you matriculate.

Last edited:
I received this one also :/. Wonder if the offer still stands once you've received an acceptance lol

To my understanding they will pay for your trip after you graduate. Meaning keep all those receipts. Don't kill me if i'm wrong =/

They reimburse you when you matriculate, so during first semester on the island.

I e-mailed Krista a couple days ago and she said we should hear by the end of January.....

I got my acceptance email this morning! So I guess they will send out more today or until the end of the Jan. So excited about this and best of luck everyone!

Got my acceptance email this morning !!! So excited

Got accepted today! Interviewed in mid October!