You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
sgu c/o 2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Don't expect Grenada to be America is the best advice I can give. If you do... you'regonnahaveabadtime.jpg meme. Everything you "need" is here on the island. SGU will have student ambassadors greet you after customs and taxis to bring you to campus. Ummm... travel tips? If you're not flying direct pack a couple sets of clothes in your carry on just in case your checked bags are lost or delayed. For more specific questions feel free to message me 🙂
Also if you've accepted a seat try to get into the facebook pages... it'll be like... SGUSVM Incoming class of Fall 2018 or something like that
Also if you've accepted a seat try to get into the facebook pages... it'll be like... SGUSVM Incoming class of Fall 2018 or something like that
Just curious if any current students would be willing to share insight on experiences travelling to Grenada and what to expect when you arrive? Also any helpful travelling tips 🙂
Agreed with above: this is absolutely not the States but being here you realize that there are a whole lot of things that you don’t need to have. You also learn to get creative when you’re trying to cook a recipe and the store just happens to be out of something you needed.
Also make sure you have your bedsheets in your carryon! There’s nothing worse than sleeping on a bare dorm mattress (as my former roommates would testify). I also recommend having a snack incase you don’t get to the store right away, travel sized shampoo, and whatever else you’ll absolutely have to have from night one (again incase of lost bags). For whatever reason the airlines tend to end up with a backup of bags that need to get to Grenada which bumps some off the flight. Your bags WILL get here, just sometimes a day or 2 late.
Weigh your bags before you go to the airport- I took mine to the vet clinic I was working at and weighed them on the dog scale. Also Be 100% sure of your Airlines allowance on checked bags. American Airlines is generally 2, but others only allow one.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted793949
When moving to Grenada do most people's parents fly with them to move in?
Some do, some don’t. Mine opted to come down a little later in the term for Family Weekend instead of helping me move in. I actually preferred it that way because it gave me time to settle in and figure out what I was missing then just had my parents bring it down with them when they came.When moving to Grenada do most people's parents fly with them to move in?
Is there a forum for those accepted to VFp??? I have looked and can’t find it, if anyone has a link plz let me know.
Do most people live on campus? Also when do most people make the move?
Couldn't find the Aug 2018 ftv group. The 2017 one was "sgusvm ftv aug 2017" on facebook.
Most people live on campus their first semester. Find their groups and start looking for houses early. (I found my house with my friends in September and we have probably the nicest house =P) Options go fast! People who move live off campus their first semester usually have family/significant others with them or pets. If you are coming down alone like I did, I think living on campus is great. You're close to class, your classmates, unlimited A/C. Dorming is a good transition to the next 3 years down here.
Is there a forum for those accepted to VFp??? I have looked and can’t find it, if anyone has a link plz let me know.
Do most people live on campus? Also when do most people make the move?
I was looking for a forum as well! I was accepted to the VFP program for August as well!
Trying to decide if I want to live on campus or find something off campus at this point. Just requested to join the off campus housing group on Facebook
D
deleted793949
Is there an SGU c/o 2022 facebook page at all?
I got an email yesterday with a link to the Facebook group for incoming fall 2018 students. The name of the page is SGUSVM August 2018 Incoming Class.Is there an SGU c/o 2022 facebook page at all?
There is a "SGUSVM January 2019 entering class" facebook group also... for those in VFP and waitlisted.
I just sent in my acceptance form/deposit money for January start date unless I get called off the waitlist! I am trying to figure out housing at the moment. I know I want to live on campus my first term but does anyone know how the dorms are set up/living arrangements? Also is there a Facebook group for January accepted students? Also for those accepted, after you sent your money and form what happens next (like do they send more info)?
Does anyone have any recommendations for my trip to Grenada coming up on Wednesday? I have a tour of the campus on Friday but will be exploring the island Thursday and just wanting to get an overall feel of life down there!!
If you want to check out grocery stores that students commonly shop at just to get an idea, you can go to IGA which is the main one and Food Fair is another that is decently close to campus. Check out Umbrellas for food, a great restaurant and bar right on Grand Anse beach 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know where I can find any pre-vet sgu students to chat with?
I just sent in my deposit for the vfp/January 2019 term! Literally made a fb to join the fb group for our class, yikes. Looking forward to meeting y'all in Grenada.
Pretty much all communication between classes and student organizations for SGU happen through facebook, so that will come in handy!
Which group? There is already one for Jan 2019 entering class but I couldn't find a vfp one for our class.I just sent in my deposit for the vfp/January 2019 term! Literally made a fb to join the fb group for our class, yikes. Looking forward to meeting y'all in Grenada.
I cannot find the one for January entering studentsWhich group? There is already one for Jan 2019 entering class but I couldn't find a vfp one for our class.
I couldn't find the January 19 page eitherI cannot find the one for January entering students
Try searching for "SGUSVM January 2019 entering class". That is the only one I was able to find.
Log into Facebook | Facebook
Log into Facebook | Facebook
Try searching for "SGUSVM January 2019 entering class". That is the only one I was able to find.
Log into Facebook | Facebook
how did u find it? when i searched it it didnt come up! and I can’t find the august 2018 one!
I finally found it! Just go to Facebook and typeI couldn't find the January 19 page either
SGUSVM January 2019 entering class
And then in the tabs at the top select groups and it’s in there. You have to either provide your SGU email or your “A” number to be added to the group!
Just declined my seat for August...best of luck to everyone attending and hope this helps someone out!
D
deleted793949
Super random/specific question about living in the dorms. What are the mattress' like? In undergrad I always put a mattress topper on, but they're very bulky-- what do you all use?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how much the deposit to accept a seat is? Can't find it anywhere online!!!
It should be on one of the documents in your acceptance email
$400 plus 0.75 if you use money order lolDoes anyone know how much the deposit to accept a seat is? Can't find it anywhere online!!!
So many emails...It should be on one of the documents in your acceptance email
Thank you! Got itI finally found it! Just go to Facebook and type
SGUSVM January 2019 entering class
And then in the tabs at the top select groups and it’s in there. You have to either provide your SGU email or your “A” number to be added to the group!
No problem!!Thank you! Got it
Anyone else starting VFP in Jan????
For those on waitlist for Aug 18/In for Jan 19, we can't yet make our SGU email until we're called off the waitlist or until we're rolled over to Jan 19, so how far down can we go on the "admitted student checklist"? Sorry if some think it's a dumb question, just trying to make sure I'm not waiting on stuff/not working down the checklist for no reason
I have been wondering the same thing. I dropped from 55 to 34 on the waitlist. I was told that July 15th is the last day that we can be called off the wait list. So I guess I will not get more info until after that date. I feel like there may be movement until then but not sure if it will be 34 spots of movement. As for the admitted student checklist, I feel like there is not a lot that we can do until we know for sure which term we are attending. I was told to sit tight and I would know more info after I decide on a term. I don't know if this helps any but I know everyone is in the same boat.For those on waitlist for Aug 18/In for Jan 19, we can't yet make our SGU email until we're called off the waitlist or until we're rolled over to Jan 19, so how far down can we go on the "admitted student checklist"? Sorry if some think it's a dumb question, just trying to make sure I'm not waiting on stuff/not working down the checklist for no reason
I have been wondering the same thing. I dropped from 55 to 34 on the waitlist. I was told that July 15th is the last day that we can be called off the wait list. So I guess I will not get more info until after that date. I feel like there may be movement until then but not sure if it will be 34 spots of movement. As for the admitted student checklist, I feel like there is not a lot that we can do until we know for sure which term we are attending. I was told to sit tight and I would know more info after I decide on a term. I don't know if this helps any but I know everyone is in the same boat.
Right on thanks for the reply. I'm expecting movement on the next deposit due date for sure. Also I'm still waiting to be let into the Jan 19 Entering Class Page 🙁
No problem! Yeah that is what I am thinking the next big movement day will be. That's weird, when I entered my A number it accepted me instantly. Maybe whoever the Admin is will check it soon!Right on thanks for the reply. I'm expecting movement on the next deposit due date for sure. Also I'm still waiting to be let into the Jan 19 Entering Class Page 🙁
Hello guys, do you know if there are two different classes for 4years program and 5years program? or is there only one class for both (which is already full)? I applied to the 5years program to start in Aug 2018 but I do not understand if there are still places available or not...
The 5 year program just means you're doing 1 year as a pre-vet at SGU before entrance into the main 4 year program. No idea the number of seats in the pre-vet class though. Your seat in the 5 year program would only affect the number of available seats for the class of 2023.
Ah okay! Well, good to know! Thanks 🙂The 5 year program just means you're doing 1 year as a pre-vet at SGU before entrance into the main 4 year program. No idea the number of seats in the pre-vet class though. Your seat in the 5 year program would only affect the number of available seats for the class of 2023.
No problem! Yeah that is what I am thinking the next big movement day will be. That's weird, when I entered my A number it accepted me instantly. Maybe whoever the Admin is will check it soon!
Right on thanks for the reply. I'm expecting movement on the next deposit due date for sure. Also I'm still waiting to be let into the Jan 19 Entering Class Page 🙁
No problem! Yeah that is what I am thinking the next big movement day will be. That's weird, when I entered my A number it accepted me instantly. Maybe whoever the Admin is will check it soon!
when is the next deposit due date?? I am number #36 on the waitlist as of 4/17/18!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Next payment is due June 15, and is $3000. And yes the waitlist is steady moving!when is the next deposit due date?? I am number #36 on the waitlist as of 4/17/18!!!
I was in AEP this past semester and it definitely helps! I think that usually 50% of your class is placed in it. You choose what class you think you need help with, mine was physiology, and your AEP group meets once a week for hands on small group study. It is so so so helpful and I was very thankful for the help!!I just got my acceptance email! It also has offered me AEP (Academic Enhancement Program). I have been placed on the August wait list and accepted for January if a spot does not open for August! For any current students at SGU, can you give me more details about AEP. They say it is not a remedial program but just a helping hand during your first year! Any insight is welcome! Yay so excited!!!!
Vettobe1995
New Member
Anyone else been accepted for January term? Currently there are only 25 people for the term!
I'll be in the January term!Anyone else been accepted for January term? Currently there are only 25 people for the term!