SGU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Had my interview! It was nice. Fairly conversational, though I wouldn’t say informal, and the interviewer was friendly and really interesting to talk to.

The questions I think all interviewers have to ask are how you’ll adapt to life in Grenada/if you’ve lived on your own/abroad before, how you’ll pay for vet school, to describe your animal/veterinary experience, to speak on a controversy in veterinary medicine, why you want to become a vet, and what are your academic and personal strengths and weaknesses. Other questions I was asked included three 3 things I’ve achieved in pursuing my goal to enter veterinary medicine, a time that I pursued a goal that didn’t go as planned, my non-animal-related volunteer experience (literally, if I’ve done any volunteering abroad, but I haven’t and from context I think they wanted to know about general volunteering so that’s what I talked about), what I’ve learned from my undergraduate studies about my study habits that will help me in vet school, and a time when I was part of a team and what challenges and successes we had.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Had my interview! It was nice. Fairly conversational, though I wouldn’t say informal, and the interviewer was friendly and really interesting to talk to.

The questions I think all interviewers have to ask are how you’ll adapt to life in Grenada/if you’ve lived on your own/abroad before, how you’ll pay for vet school, to describe your animal/veterinary experience, to speak on a controversy in veterinary medicine, why you want to become a vet, and what are your academic and personal strengths and weaknesses. Other questions I was asked included three 3 things I’ve achieved in pursuing my goal to enter veterinary medicine, a time that I pursued a goal that didn’t go as planned, my non-animal-related volunteer experience (literally, if I’ve done any volunteering abroad, but I haven’t and from context I think they wanted to know about general volunteering so that’s what I talked about), what I’ve learned from my undergraduate studies about my study habits that will help me in vet school, and a time when I was part of a team and what challenges and successes we had.
Hey everyone, I am replying to this comment because I just had my interview tonight and these were the exact questions I was asked. The interview was extremely laid back and the interviewer was wonderful. I went in anxious and nervous because this was my first ever interview for vet school, but I was confident. I practiced responding to a variety of questions prior, but there were a lot more personable questions than I expected. I wish I would have been able to practice these aforementioned questions beforehand, but I learned today I am absolute trash at interviews. The more I think about it the worse I feel about how it went. I felt like I couldn't even answer basic questions the way I planned it in my head. However, be aware that it is possible to ask your interviewer to go back/skip a question. The atmosphere of the interview was great, but I don't think I answered as well as I could have or hoped. However, I am also known to criticize myself pretty harshly. I will also say I think a lot of questions felt like I had the same answer or referred back to a specific situation, but a lot of the questions really felt the same, just reworded.

I will say that my interviewer mentioned that I would know of a decision in a couple of weeks, but I do not know how accurate that timeframe is. I will let you all know regardless, at this point I am just hoping worse case scenario I get into that pre-vet program and I still get a chance! I am going to start practicing more from here on out for any future interviews. I think my main problem was confidence in myself, but I wish anyone who gets an interview the best of luck!

I am also sorry for this long post, but I do feel better being able to share my experience with fellow peers who definitely understand the struggle. Good luck out there!!!!! :xf::xf::xf:
 
Well, six weeks since my interview have come and gone but I still haven't heard anything... I'm trying not to lose hope but I'm starting to feel really discouraged 😢 Has anyone else taken longer than six weeks to hear back? I feel like at this point any news I get isn't going to be good news
 
Well, six weeks since my interview have come and gone but I still haven't heard anything... I'm trying not to lose hope but I'm starting to feel really discouraged 😢 Has anyone else taken longer than six weeks to hear back? I feel like at this point any news I get isn't going to be good news

I am also at the 6 week mark today. I was told 6-8. So not losing hope yet.🙁 Best of luck!
 
Well, six weeks since my interview have come and gone but I still haven't heard anything... I'm trying not to lose hope but I'm starting to feel really discouraged 😢 Has anyone else taken longer than six weeks to hear back? I feel like at this point any news I get isn't going to be good news
Don't be discouraged! The admissions committee doesn't get together all of the time so it depends on when they review applicants. Just because it's a longer wait doesn't mean bad news 🙂. Just remember they have rolling admissions so things can take a little longer depending on how many they get at a time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got accepted in the fall for the Veterinary Foundations Program. I’m very excited but also a little anxious about it as I don’t know much about the program. If anyone has any insight or advice I would love to hear it! Congrats to everyone hearing good news, and I’m sending the rest of y’all good vibes and good luck!!
 
I just had my interview for St. George's Fall 2021 DVM Program today 🙂 My interviewer was super laid back and it was not nearly as stressful as many US schools make the process out to be. Good luck to everyone. If people have questions, feel free to reply and I'll get back to you when I can.
I'm so anxious to hear back about the final decision! I interviewed 10/27/2020 and they finalized my application on 11/13/2020.... it will be 3 weeks this friday 12/4/2020... I just want good news for Christmas this year 😱 My interviewer said typically 4-6 weeks.
 
I got my acceptance on 11/18! My interview and application were finalized on 10/1! I would assume they likely are very busy wrapping up the current semester and preparing the January classes to start. That mixed with the holidays is probably why it’s taking longer on decisions! Everyone at admissions has been so kind so I wouldn’t hesitate to reach out!
 
Accepted back in November. As I’m only waiting on my IS decision which won’t come until March, it looks like I will be attending SGU in the fall. Anyone else getting super overwhelmed with the idea of moving to an island? Stressed knowing I can’t live on campus because I’m bringing my cat?
Feeling the same way! Hoping to get into my IS or pulled off a waitlist but not holding my breath... I have 2 schools to hear from still but I’m feeling pretty discouraged. SGU is a wonderful program and I’m not worried about my education, it’s more the logistics of everything else!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who's been accepted attempted to send their transcripts? My university only uses National Student Clearinghouse and of course SGU isn't popping up as an option. Krista said they can be mailed or emailed directly to her but it's not giving me that option...
 
Has anyone who's been accepted attempted to send their transcripts? My university only uses National Student Clearinghouse and of course SGU isn't popping up as an option. Krista said they can be mailed or emailed directly to her but it's not giving me that option...
I sent mine last night. My school uses credentials and it gave me the option to type in a recipient email. I'm not sure if clearinghouse has that option, but she also sent me a physical address to use if I couldn't get them sent to her email. I would maybe contact your school's registrar's office to see if there was some other way that they could help you get them to her.
 
Same. I interviewed on 10/21 and it has already been 8 weeks since they told me I would hear back on a final decision. Been checking my email every 15 minutes.
Same here. My interview and materials were officially sent on Nov 1 and haven't heard anything from them. 😕
 
Same here. My interview and materials were officially sent on Nov 1 and haven't heard anything from them. 😕
I was thinking of emailing them to see what was going on with my application. My interviewer also told me I could email him if I have any questions. I also applied to Arizona and I emailed them asking for an update and they let me know. I'm just a little hesitant.
 
I was thinking of emailing them to see what was going on with my application. My interviewer also told me I could email him if I have any questions. I also applied to Arizona and I emailed them asking for an update and they let me know. I'm just a little hesitant.
My application entered final review Nov 9 and I was also told 6-8 weeks. It sounds like no one has heard from them for a while so between the holidays and the start of term the admissions committee probably just hasn’t had a chance to meet to review applications.
 
My application entered final review Nov 9 and I was also told 6-8 weeks. It sounds like no one has heard from them for a while so between the holidays and the start of term the admissions committee probably just hasn’t had a chance to meet to review applications.
I was supposed to hear back prior to Christmas (was my 6-8 week window) and when I emailed Krista, she responded that I wouldn’t hear anything until February.
 
Hi everyone! New to this thread! I just applied today for Fall 2021 and I’m so excited but also very nervous! From reading everyone else’s posts it seems like they are behind in the review process so I guess I’ll sit tight and hopefully read about acceptances from all of you!
 
I just had my interview on Friday! I really hope I get in! Does anyone know the percentage of interviews they offer? Or the percentage of people that had interviews they accept? I couldn't find it on the website.
 
Does anyone know if the fall 2021 semester is online as well?
They have not made any decisions yet if we will be back on island or continuing online for the fall. I have heard some people speculate that they may only allow 5th and 6th term students back, but nothing has been officially confirmed yet.
 
I’m super curious when they plan to make a decision, I know it’s only February but it would be nice to know for planning proposes! And flights are super cheap right now!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The last e-mail I got said early February decisions would be out (I interviewed in October) and I've been counting down the days ever since lol. So glad it is now officially Feb 1st
I should have specified that I meant in regard to whether the Fall would be in person or online! Fingers crossed y’all hear good news soon and we’re classmates!
 
I’m super curious when they plan to make a decision, I know it’s only February but it would be nice to know for planning proposes! And flights are super cheap right now!
They actually just sent an email to students today saying they will make a decision for the August classes in May about if they will have in person classes or not.