SGU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was hoping they would let us know before the deposit deadline in April but guess we'll have to sit tight :/
True but I feel like the longer they wait the more likely it is that the answer will be in person? Because if they were forced to make the decision as of now with how things are going, in order to be safe they would likely just have to tell everyone they are staying online.

Members don't see this ad.

I was hoping they would let us know before the deposit deadline in April but guess we'll have to sit tight :/
That’s a little ridiculous to make people wait until then to figure out living arrangements and flights...

That’s a little ridiculous to make people wait until then to figure out living arrangements and flights...
You also have to remember that it's not just the schools decision to bring people back to the island. It's the goverment of Grenada's choice as well, so they make sure the community is as safe as it can be first before thinking of students (this is why students were evacuated last year in March). It's hard for the governement to come up with a decision many months in advanced when they are still trying to make sure people follow quarantine protocols when traveling there to prevent more outbreaks from people coming into the country. It does suck that you have limited time to plan things, but it's not impossible to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone gotten an acceptance or rejection lately? I had my interview in October and still haven't heard anything.

Reactions: 1 users
I also have not heard and I interviewed end of Oct... I've been anxiously checking my e-mail every 30 seconds lol

Do we need to send our fall transcripts if we have been accepted?
I believe I read in my acceptance package they need your transcripts no later than August 1st, this will allow you to send both fall and spring at one time without having to pay for 2 separate transactions. Double check in your packet attached to your acceptance email!

Reactions: 1 user
Whenever someone hears any news about their final determination post interview, let me know!! I'm excited/anxious/nervous all of the above. I've been waiting for early February since December

Whenever someone hears any news about their final determination post interview, let me know!! I'm excited/anxious/nervous all of the above. I've been waiting for early February since December
me too!! no news is good news but at this point, I just want to know whether or not I've been accepted.

me too!! no news is good news but at this point, I just want to know whether or not I've been accepted.
right!! All this suspense is KILLING ME jk haha, but for real St. G is my number one choice. I'd love to be accepted :) Wishing you the best too!

• Care
Hey did you guys get the post-interview update e-mail? I got an e-mail on Friday that stating the committee was meeting this week to review my application. It did state it could take 6-8 weeks for a determination of a final decision. I did write asking for an update last week and I had my interview in January. It would be great if I heard this week! I have to sell my house so the early I can get on it the better! Also, just a note, I have a friend that did the foundation program and he really thought it was helpful and good to do to get used to the island. This is for people that got accepted to the foundation program rather than the DVM program straight away. He really liked St. Georges!

right!! All this suspense is KILLING ME jk haha, but for real St. G is my number one choice. I'd love to be accepted :) Wishing you the best too!
Same!! I’ve been wanting to go to st. g since I was 14 and visited the island! I’m so anxious...fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey did you guys get the post-interview update e-mail? I got an e-mail on Friday that stating the committee was meeting this week to review my application. It did state it could take 6-8 weeks for a determination of a final decision. I did write asking for an update last week and I had my interview in January. It would be great if I heard this week! I have to sell my house so the early I can get on it the better! Also, just a note, I have a friend that did the foundation program and he really thought it was helpful and good to do to get used to the island. This is for people that got accepted to the foundation program rather than the DVM program straight away. He really liked St. Georges!
Yes I did after my interview back in October :)

I see your posts in the Ross forum as well. my interview for Ross is this Wednesday. I Just want to get into one vet school. SGU or Ross would be amazing! my fingers are crossed for you 😊

I feel like decisions might go out this week! Sending good vibes to y’all :) I heard back on a Tuesday!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I was hoping to hear today! It would be nice to look forward to a warm climate since it is -10 in Iowa. At least the cold wouldn't seem so brutal then! Good Luck everyone and hopefully we will be classmates!

I was hoping to hear today! It would be nice to look forward to a warm climate since it is -10 in Iowa. At least the cold wouldn't seem so brutal then! Good Luck everyone and hopefully we will be classmates!
Me too! I’m so anxiously waiting and refreshing my email every chance I get! I’ve been waiting for Late January/early February to come since November!!

I interviewed on Nov 3 as well, and still waiting. It’s driving me crazy. Hoping we hear this week!

I interviewed on Nov 3 as well, and still waiting. It’s driving me crazy. Hoping we hear this week!
interviewed in October and still haven't heard anything. Fingers crossed we hear something soon!

Just got an email that I was accepted, but at this time "the August class is full," so I was placed on the waitlist? I'm a bit confused as that doesn't seem like an acceptance, even though they said I was accepted... This all seems a bit sketchy to me.

Just got an email that I was accepted, but at this time "the August class is full," so I was placed on the waitlist? I'm a bit confused as that doesn't seem like an acceptance, even though they said I was accepted... This all seems a bit sketchy to me.
I just got the same exact email, I guess we’re on a waitlist for starting in August but if we don’t get pulled off the waitlist then we can start in January (?) I’m really confused and having a lot of mixed feelings right now lol
Like I don’t want to pay a deposit in April if it’s not guaranteed I’ll have a spot in August...

I just got the same exact email, I guess we’re on a waitlist for starting in August but if we don’t get pulled off the waitlist then we can start in January (?) I’m really confused and having a lot of mixed feelings right now lol
Like I don’t want to pay a deposit in April if it’s not guaranteed I’ll have a spot in August...
I'm very confused as well, so you're not alone! I have confirmed that we would need to pay the deposit in April to accept the offer even if we are still on the waitlist. :confused:

Last edited:
Looking back- seems like they accepted people for Fall 2021 that interviewed before 9/30... not sure if it just has to do with interviewing later? (I interviewed nov) and maybe they filled up their seats with those people. Kinda wild their fall class is already completely full! I guess that makes sense with rolling admissions, maybe I should've gotten my application to them before the VMCAS deadline.

^ Seems like it. I interviewed 10/28 and just received the email also saying I was accepted..but also waitlisted..because the class is full? I'm happy but also confused haha. Guess I just have to keep waiting

update: Krista said I should have a decision within 2 weeks. hope this helps for anyone else who has not heard back yet.

I also emailed her before seeing this. That’s awesome news since I haven’t heard back yet!
some what discouraging though since others have posted that they have been accepted but waitlisted since the fall class is full. I applied for fall and I'm assuming since they are done filling the class, I most likely did not get in.

some what discouraging though since others have posted that they have been accepted but waitlisted since the fall class is full. I applied for fall and I'm assuming since they are done filling the class, I most likely did not get in.
I’m figuring it’s either I didn’t get in at this point or maybe they’re recommending I do the vet prep program (trying to be hopeful although it’s tough)

I’m figuring it’s either I didn’t get in at this point or maybe they’re recommending I do the vet prep program (trying to be hopeful although it’s tough)
its definitely a tough time right now. keeping my fingers crossed for us 🤞 good luck!

Congratulations to everyone that was accepted today! I am patiently waiting! When I spoke with Krista awhile back via e-mail, she said that the waitlisted students would be automatically put in the January class if they were not called off the waitlist. January may be a better time to fly if you are going with pets. Right now it is very difficult to fly with pets and I think Grenada has a mandatory quarantine period and I am not certain pets are welcome in the quarantine facilities. Also, August temperatures are really hot so many airlines won't even fly pets in the cargo. I have heard people have liked starting in January!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted but wait listed for Spring 2022!! I can't believe the class is full already, I bet you schools had no idea COVID would bring so many more applicants. Congrats everyone! This was my first acceptance. 🐾

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted but wait listed for Spring 2022!! I can't believe the class is full already, I bet you schools had no idea COVID would bring so many more applicants. Congrats everyone! This was my first acceptance. 🐾
did you get a waitlist number? I am on the waitlist for spring too and am wondering what chance I have of getting in for august.

when was your interview?
I interviewed Oct 11 but my materials weren’t submitted until Nov 5th I think! And it took a while for reality to set in but I’m actually really excited now. The possibility of a January start will give me plenty of time to hear from the waitlists of other schools and also I’ll have a few months to work and chill before starting vet school (which will be much needed after the last year lol) Congrats on your acceptance!! :)