This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superpremed19

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
wow 8 medical conferences...your lab/school has lots of travel funding.
I think that you should take a practice MCAT (FL). Because a 3.3/520 is very different from a 3.3/505.
You could spend your GAP year doing research, considering you only have 1 semester of research experience.

wow 8 medical conferences...your lab/school has lots of travel funding.
I think that you should take a practice MCAT (FL). Because a 3.3/520 is very different from a 3.3/505.
You could spend your GAP year doing research, considering you only have 1 semester of research experience.

Maybe. With your GPA - are you rooting for research institutions? If not, then schools with missions based in service or education may be more interested to see those activities. Not saying research will hurt, but if you are going to an institution without a research focus or the opportunity, then it may not be important.

Members don't see this ad :)
You really aren’t ready to apply. You have no shadowing, seemingly no nonclinical experiences and no MCAT! When are you scheduled for the MCAT? How have your FL practice tests been going? Are you consistently reaching your target score? Do you have 150+ hours of service to the unserved/underserved in your community? And you’ll need about 50hours of shadowing including some with a primary care doc. Your SGPA is really low for MD ,what is your cGPA? Depending on your MCAT you should be okay for DO schools once you fill in the holes in your application. But you really only want to apply one time with the best possible application. You’ve got some work to do.

I would wait a year - don't underestimate the MCAT. Maybe take a year to boost up your GPA and take the MCAT, work in a research/clinical job and save some money. I did that last year with no regrets.

Definitely need an MCAT score and ~50 hours of shadowing before you apply --
Also, you're probably not URM...