This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

j0j

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a junior at UT Austin and an advertising major. I've been pursuing pre-vet for a few semesters now and already know I'm going to graduate a semester or a year late.

My current GPA is low... like a 3.1 and I do have vet hours but not that much. (I was going through some health issues as a freshman so this is why it is lower). I currently applied to work at the zoo in my city to get more hours with different experiences so I know that can help. I have worked as a vet tech for a while so I have that at least to add to my resume.

What are my chances? I'm retaking some classes I did poorly in to improve my GPA. I'm hoping my major helps me stand out? I can't see myself doing anything else than pre-vet because this is where my passions lie but not sure if I should keep pursuing it due to my stats.

I've seen posts about people saying the Caribbean accept candidates with low GPAs but I don't think I'd be able to afford going to school there???

Members don't see this ad.

Post in this thread, in the format you see on the first page
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/what-are-my-chances.820748/

Once you've done that and you're waiting on responses (which will be more detailed once we have more specific information to work with, rather than the general things you've said here), consider reading the other sticky threads at the top of the forum. It is generally frowned upon to start a new thread when an existing thread would serve your needs.

Welcome to SDN, by the way :)

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.