Smash Bros WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is no one considering that Mixy could have been provided a cover role?
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm sketch
No freakin clue
So then why say it? Because I don't think anybody was unlynching her based on her role name...
More sketch

KC popping in first thing but not saying much or voting came off as odd
BBC also popped in early and then poofed outta here, but I've never played with her so idk

But those are just WIFOM. I can't really do reads on people who haven't checked in.
Incorrect use of WIFOM

What makes me hesitant is that to clear her someone else has to vouch that they used an action, which makes them a target even if they don't reveal what ability they have.

My feels weren't very solid to begin with but I don't love the role reveal. I am leaning towards trusting it (or at least letting it be) for now, but I want to find a better candidate before I switch. I'll catch up more thoroughly and see if I feel the same.
Reading through, really wish I hadn't been attempting to sleep. Could no one figure out that using literally any ability on Mixy would have sufficed? If someone got back results on her that didn't align with a commuter role, boom, lynch. If they got back results that seemed to fit with her claim, they could very well keep quiet unless it was necessary to reveal, just like a seer would if they seered someone village. It's not that hard.

Personally, I'm most suspicious of WildZoo at this time. I'm sort-of the opposite of jboo - I think one of the wolves got on the thread early to try and push opinion. It's weak, but out of the early leaders, cray and WildZoo were the ones whose logic I disagreed with most, and I think part of my read on Cray is posting style.
Which part of my logic were you disagreeing with? I remember you responding to one of my posts, and the logic you assumed I was using wasn't actually an argument I had made.
I'm saying she took a last ditch attempt (role reveal should always be dead last defense), commented on the people voting for her, role revealed, and that's it. I'm saying there was a lack of effort on her part and I don't like it.
I do typically agree with this, just because it's better play in my opinion. But villagers who feel they don't have other options and are pressed for time tend to jump to role reveal. Especially on d1.

If it feels retaliatory, I'm not surprised. There is a little heat behind my vote here. Not sure I like Mixy's style, frankly. I think her interactions with DVMD and others is not only reactive, counterproductive, arrogant, but also a bit too pushy and without good logic in my view, which I stated earlier about her reaction to DVMD.
Can we stop lynching people because we disagree with their playstyle please? Kind of hypocritical coming from you, cray.

Villagers can get a bit pushy, yes. I know in my case, I feel at my pushiest as a wolf. It never sits right for me to see a "villager" trying to run the village. I could be wrong on that gut feel, but it is a red flag in my book.
Don't extrapolate your meta to other people's. Villagers run the village all the time. Sometimes they run it right into the ground, but run it they do.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I want to hear from @johnnaboo because AM asked her who she was sketch of and she never responded. And I'm getting feels from Coffee? again especially with the similar comments that she made from last game (recommending that we don't lynch her).
I hope we hear from everyone tomorrow. And, remember that I'm going to be driving most of the day so I'll try to get on before close :) For now,

Contingency lynch Jboo

****Still not a wolf :pI normally make it past day 2 :) . First time being lynched D1 though. Like I said working nights so it's fine slaughtering me for it
emoji14.png

Oh I thought you were one of the people we tend to lynch early.

Could no one figure out that using literally any ability on Mixy would have sufficed? If someone got back results on her that didn't align with a commuter role, boom, lynch. If they got back results that seemed to fit with her claim, they could very well keep quiet unless it was necessary to reveal, just like a seer would if they seered someone village. It's not that hard.
This is the reasoning why @PippyPony is now one of my top wolf candidates.
@CoffeeQuestionMark I want some actual gameplay and analysis from you now that we have a flip (or actually two if you don't respond by the night write-up)
@PrincessButterCup what did you learn from this flip?

Now I want to see how she flips

@Coopah In the above, you were quoting Dubz unlyching Mixy, what conclusions or thoughts from the Mixy flip did you gain?

ETA: Very disappointed none of you called me out on the Soul Calibur profile picture; and I thought I was amongst fellow nerds :p

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And I'm getting feels from Coffee? again especially with the similar comments that she made from last game (recommending that we don't lynch her).
Why would similar comments to ones from last game give you feels about her in this one?

Reactions: 1 user
Reading through, really wish I hadn't been attempting to sleep. Could no one figure out that using literally any ability on Mixy would have sufficed? If someone got back results on her that didn't align with a commuter role, boom, lynch. If they got back results that seemed to fit with her claim, they could very well keep quiet unless it was necessary to reveal, just like a seer would if they seered someone village. It's not that hard.
Oh for petes sake. Maybe because some people disagree with you? It's not that I didn't understand what you were saying, it's that I disagreed with that option.

Why are you so mad people lynched a villager on D1?

Oh for petes sake. Maybe because some people disagree with you? It's not that I didn't understand what you were saying, it's that I disagreed with that option.

Why are you so mad people lynched a villager on D1?
I disagree with your disagreement. So there :p

I ain't mad, I just think it was silly. And my response was because of the emphasis that was placed on the risk of outing other power roles* in a lot of the commentary.

*ETA: and on the specifics of what results info roles would get

This is the reasoning why @PippyPony is now one of my top wolf candidates.
Yes, of course, because it would be brilliant for me to loudly shove along a lynch on a villager on D1.

You and dubz are both weirding me out with how you're suddenly so sad that a non-power role got lynched on D1 in a normal lynch progression because she put herself into eggbreaking territory.

It is a waste of abilities to confirm something like that, because:
- there is no guarantee that the results you get back would be definitive as there are ways around that wording (and I actually kind of hope the mods decide to mess with people for getting so freaking complacent)
- it DOES kind of require someone vouch for her if she's up for lynch again, or speak up about using an ability if they got odd results, so it has the potential to require someone outing themselves -- which is stupid to make people do when a lynch would also give info
- It is an annoying lightning rod for ability use - instead of focusing attention elsewhere, it would likely mean that multiple actions would get thrown at Mixalot. It's a diversionary tactic at worst, an uncoordinated annoyance at best.

Also, it's 4:30am and I am irritated that I'm awake right now. But this is stupid and I'm going to be stubborn about it, because I would lynch again under the same conditions. There was not just one right answer to that situation, stop acting like me disagreeing with you means I was ignoring you.

Since she flipped village I'm pretty sure the actual right answer, objectively speaking, was to not lynch her ;)
No it is not. That is retrospective. During this game, people will lynch villagers. And that is obviously not ideal, but it is ok, for a myriad of reasons that I know you understand.

Keep going, I'm happy to lynch you tomorrow for suddenly forgetting how WW works.

No it is not. That is retrospective. During this game, people will lynch villagers. And that is obviously not ideal, but it is ok, for a myriad of reasons that I know you understand.

Keep going, I'm happy to lynch you tomorrow for suddenly forgetting how WW works.
It was a joke, pip. Do I need to add more emojis?

Members don't see this ad :)
@PrincessButterCup what did you learn from this flip?
That she didn't lie about her role and she was village . . . ? :p

Looking at yesterday, I stand by that lynch. There was some weird feels from her posts about DVMD's hydra comments and Cray's reaction, and that's basically the only reads she gave all day, with some snarky comments about the people voting her when she role revealed. So I got weird feels from her only reads, along with a number of fluff posts (I know, D1, right after game opening - fluff can just be having fun, but coupled with the weird reads it felt off). She went to a role reveal as defense pretty quickly (didn't have any other post in ten hours, presumably sees she's up for lynch and has almost an hour to be on the thread and uses that time to reveal, then gone for rest of cycle). I really didn't like that there was no effort to not reveal. The role she claimed wasn't very convincing - yes, it would typically be village, but it's not seen much in the capacity she had it and would be easy to lie about. It can be proven, as Dubz was saying, but is that worth it when there's so much other sketch floating around? The cost of proving it means someone has to use their ability, which can't really be coordinated, and ends up in at least a few wasted actions. And 'proving' assumes mod results would be sufficient to confirm her claim, when results can sometimes be vague and subject to interpretation. Either way, her reveal alone was not compelling enough to make me choose Coffee? or Moose over her.

It went into a bandwagon, and maybe it wouldn't have if it hadn't been D1. I still think there was enough smoke to make her a valid choice.

Why would similar comments to ones from last game give you feels about her in this one?
Because the last game she was acting very strangely and we all lynched her for it (for those sketch comments) and in a way it gave her an out since she flipped village. So for this game she can do the same thing but this time we'll believe her. However, this may be her meta. I just don't like comments like that as it's similar to role revealing while adding a sketch factor.

Sent from my SM-G900T using SDN mobile

Night 1

Lots of happenings during the night when everyone was supposed to be asleep. :bag:

Someone saw a fancy cape appear and disappear. Check your roster, you may have moved. Or been moved. :thinking:

As the sun rises, the players gathered on the stage for the new day of battles to commence. Huh. Someone was missing.
Dead is @Coopah, Sheik, a wolf who, with use of her stunning ninja skills, could hide from others at night, proving untrackable
142626418e032bffb5a76bf18c94b66499ea7df1_hq.gif

And SURPRISE! Welcome back @MixedAnimals77 . Have a good sleep?​

Rejoice! Or better, LYNCH. Deadline at 9pm Central/10pm Eastern.

26 players.

The Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @Melchizedek
3. @WildZoo
18. @Mad Jack
4. @PrincessButterCup
5. @Crayola227
6. @RedLauren/@Karabiner13 hydra
7. @MixedAnimals77
8. @dolphin106258
9. @kcoughli
10. @nyanko
11. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo
12. @Elfabeth
13. @allieh8607
14. @SARdoghandler
15. @CoffeeQuestionMark
16. @genny
17. @Miranda Senft
19. @Skimble
20. @johnnaboo
21. @Stagg737
22. @bryndiana.jones
23. @Glammyre
25. @Pippy
26. @DVMDream
27. @StayingPositive2017

Dead:
24. @Coopah - Shiek, WOLF

Reactions: 7 users
Just catching up again so my general thoughts from today:

+++++++++++++++++++--------Cray has been giving me feels and some of her early comments confused me, but logic is telling me that she's within her meta/norm so going to wait for a better read.
I feel like AM has been pushing the 20 Q's hard for day one, but maybe that's normal as I've only played 1 game with her.
I'm not sure how I feel about Moose, but she's giving me some feels and she seems weird today.
Dubz seems more quiet than usual, but D1 so not going to read into that too much yet.
SAR seems like the same SAR as Colorado, so not much there.
I like that Dolphin is saying more this game, and I like the contributions she's made so far.
PBC's giving me feels and some of the arguments she's making are confusing me.
Haven't played/seen Coopah or DVMD play much, so idk where I'm at with them.
Not really sure how to read the hydra right now, but keeping an eye out.
Would like some actual thoughts from Elf and not just a bandwagon vote, especially if they are actually checking in.
Would like to hear more from everyone else.
@bryndiana.jones , you there?

Who is BBC?

My top choices right now are PBC and Cray because their logic seemed strange to me at some points, but for now

Contingency Lynch Elf because I'd like some actual game commentary. Likely won't be on until tomorrow afternoon since tomorrow will be our baptism by fire (me and another intern are running our floor, no seniors residents), but I'll try and get caught up well before lynch rolls around.

Why Elf over people who have posted more and should be easier to read?

I want to hear from @johnnaboo because AM asked her who she was sketch of and she never responded. And I'm getting feels from Coffee? again especially with the similar comments that she made from last game (recommending that we don't lynch her).
I hope we hear from everyone tomorrow. And, remember that I'm going to be driving most of the day so I'll try to get on before close :) For now,

Contingency lynch Jboo

Who else are you looking at besides jboo?

Who else are you looking at besides jboo?
Since Coop flipped wolf, her voting for Elfy either clears her or condemns her (I'm leaning towards clears just because she's a noob and an easy target).
Jboo is really the only one I'm getting strong feelings from as of now. I don't want to jump on anyone's back that I'm not getting feels from just yet. I want to hear more from Skimble, Allie, DVMD, Bryndy, and SAR.

Since Coop flipped wolf, her voting for Elfy either clears her or condemns her (I'm leaning towards clears just because she's a noob and an easy target).
Jboo is really the only one I'm getting strong feelings from as of now. I don't want to jump on anyone's back that I'm not getting feels from just yet. I want to hear more from Skimble, Allie, DVMD, Bryndy, and SAR.

Did your SAR feels decrease from yesterday?

:laugh:

Lynch Coffee?

Signal to noise ratio is too high for my liking and now refusing to be of any help.

also if we're still playing by last game's rules, I want to re-inforce the "Don't lie to village" lesson haha

Holy crap, I don't know why but this pisses me off. Feels like leftovers from last game. Let it go.

Shades Mel. This is a good look for him.

Reactions: 2 users
That she didn't lie about her role and she was village . . . ?

Looking at yesterday, I stand by that lynch. There was some weird feels from her posts about DVMD's hydra comments and Cray's reaction, and that's basically the only reads she gave all day, with some snarky comments about the people voting her when she role revealed. So I got weird feels from her only reads, along with a number of fluff posts (I know, D1, right after game opening - fluff can just be having fun, but coupled with the weird reads it felt off). She went to a role reveal as defense pretty quickly (didn't have any other post in ten hours, presumably sees she's up for lynch and has almost an hour to be on the thread and uses that time to reveal, then gone for rest of cycle). I really didn't like that there was no effort to not reveal. The role she claimed wasn't very convincing - yes, it would typically be village, but it's not seen much in the capacity she had it and would be easy to lie about. It can be proven, as Dubz was saying, but is that worth it when there's so much other sketch floating around? The cost of proving it means someone has to use their ability, which can't really be coordinated, and ends up in at least a few wasted actions. And 'proving' assumes mod results would be sufficient to confirm her claim, when results can sometimes be vague and subject to interpretation. Either way, her reveal alone was not compelling enough to make me choose Coffee? or Moose over her.

It went into a bandwagon, and maybe it wouldn't have if it hadn't been D1. I still think there was enough smoke to make her a valid choice.
I'm all fine and dandy with you not liking my dvmd, fluff, and going off feels. I know IRL stuff doesn't matter but it is annoying when someone basically uses that as a reason to lynch. I told you I was gonna be sleeping. Then I said I was going to work. In that hour I was up-I got dressed, ate breakfast and drove 30 minutes. So quite frankly annoyed and that was a reason that factored into your lynch vote on me. Told you I didn't have time to try and defend myself but yet you expected me to defend so yes I role revealed and hoped it was good enough. But I had village all figured out as soon as people were all suspicious of my dvmd comment. Got lynched. Figured. Under react would've been seen as Wolfy. Over react Wolfy. There was no winning with my time crunch. Wouldn't have played it any different. Revealing gave me my best chance given my situation.

I'll be back later today. I'll do my best to go back through from yesterday. If anyone has anything specific they want me to answer then please tag me.

MJ was moved to be by WZ if i'm reading the roster correctly

and this means they can communicate now

just noting it. don't know if it means anything except that madzoo or whatever bs can continue to ride on

I found it interesting my "noob" vote (which wasn't aimed at a noob because otherwise redlauren would be included. It was aimed purely at usernames I don't recognize so I have not interacted with them before or read threads with them before, ww or not) was called out and Coops initial declared noob vote wasn't. May not be any wolfiness on that, but just a note that stood out to me.

This is also noteworthy from SAR.

Lynch Jboo

He posted several times about wolves hiding behind the thread, which is easy to say when so many people hadn't checked in yet, but actually gives no info. He mentioned it at least three times. Some feels, so I'll start my vote here.

Examining what happened yesterday.

Mixy started off tied with a couple others. Then, her lead took off pretty quickly-she gathered 3 votes between role revealing to her PM partners, and role revealing to the thread. Coopah was one of the votes. WZ and Crayola were the other 2. PBC and jboo were on her before the role reveal time line. WZ has the easiest defense because she didn't actually stay on Mixy after the role reveal, but she wouldn't have to because mixy was still in the lead without her vote.

Gonna be honest, kinda forgot this was happening after I posted yesterday. When is lynch close?

Is mix in the lead when this happened? This is kinda screaming overly defensive to me.

Nope guess not, huh that's weird.

:laugh: I'm tempted to join you just for the shiggles.

I see I am throughly ninja'd by just about everybody le sigh west coast time. I also thought mixy at first but seeing the bandwagon... makes me hesitate. I've definitely done the D1 slip up before and it kinda feels that way to me. Little freaked out by Cray calling me essentially normal, I think the only she does that is when she's a wolf :laugh: but I'm probably just paranoid.

F it Unlynch whichever noob lynch mixy
This pinged me because she said she was hesitant on the bandwagon, yet voted for her anyway.
Later on in my head I cleared Coopah (stupidly) because of a couple posts, namely her interactions with PBC and these ones below.

But knowing that she *is* a wolf, I just, y'know, suspect that she was fed information.

This is a toss away vote and makes me side-eye you hard.
Huh I guess she could've gone with coffee if protecting a wolf. OK
These are in reference to dolphin's vote for dvmd. In my head, I thought why would a wolf cast shade on someone, then right away be all "oops I messed up"

I think there is a good chance that mixy role revealed to a wolf. Dolphin? RedBean? Both? Neither?

Oh look, Mixalot is back, in a game based on a video game and therefore probably had an extra life aka rez built in. Fancy that!