Star Wars WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Fwiw I didn't act any differently as a result
And we owe you for that. Thanks a ton.

especially for following me on my two villager lynches :laugh:

No, really you are an awesome opponent. Props.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok guys. What Krist did wasnt kosher but we didn't hold it against her.

Alls good.

I think it was an honest mistake and definitely don't hold it against her at all. I just don't want it happening next game.

It was hell to know that the wolves could convert that turn but I couldn't say anything about it.:laugh:

In response, I pout that there always seem to be players who are like "oh boo hoo I have to be a wolf now" when we convert them.
You two walked into a near parity situation and all you can think is aww this sucks kill me instead?

Yeah I never fully understand that... I mean that kind of is the point of the game and it seems some just don't like being converted. I would rather keep playing so if I have to switch sides to do it I will. And often when I am a wolf if we have to convert we tend to avoid those kind of players now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Katie and TW....
Thank you so much for letting me play in my own little world of crazy within your game.

And for putting up with my ranting when the wolves did something I didn't like.

Y'all were great mods.

In response, I pout that there always seem to be players who are like "oh boo hoo I have to be a wolf now" when we convert them.
You two walked into a near parity situation and all you can think is aww this sucks kill me instead?
Most people don't like to be a traitors. Kind of human nature, no?

But I NEVER complained to my fellow wolves (only the mods), and I acted most excellently as a wolf, no? I was a well behaved wolf!

Sometimes a choice is given, and then death can be honorable. If no choice is given, be the best wolf you can be.

My $0.02

But I NEVER complained to my fellow wolves (only the mods), and I acted most excellently as a wolf, no? I was a well behaved wolf!

Sometimes a choice is given, and then death can be honorable. If no choice is given, be the best wolf you can be.

My $0.02

That's the Japanese in you coming out....

(info not told: If Padme Amidala is killed at any point in this game, you will automatically convert to the dark side. If you are converted, and Padme Amidala is still alive, her love can return you from the Dark Side. An investigation (if not converted) will reveal You are Anakin Skywalker, and fearful of losing the ones you love.)

Unfortunately, we never considered the possibility of going BACK from the dark force. I was so preoccupied with avoiding turning (and we did conclude that Padme's death would cause my conversion), that it never occurred to me that maybe she could bring me back.

Yeah I never fully understand that... I mean that kind of is the point of the game and it seems some just don't like being converted. I would rather keep playing so if I have to switch sides to do it I will. And often when I am a wolf if we have to convert we tend to avoid those kind of players now.
Most any other game, I would agree (and often hoped to be converted). But in this game I felt some weird honor to the Jedi's not to betray them as Luke.

My $0.02

You did not complain to us, but I could tell you weren't happy. :p You were a most excellent wolf though. :thumbup:

Yeah, after converting dyachei in one game, I think the one with the villager test, and finding she didn't really want to be there, I don't really consider her an option any more.

Yeah, after converting dyachei in one game, I think the one with the villager test, and finding she didn't really want to be there, I don't really consider her an option any more.

Bc I was too cool to be mean to.

Unfortunately, we never considered the possibility of going BACK from the dark force. I was so preoccupied with avoiding turning (and we did conclude that Padme's death would cause my conversion), that it never occurred to me that maybe she could bring me back.
I ALWAYS felt you could be turned back. In fact, after you were turned I was still thinking of it but wouldn't say anything because that would betray my fellow wolves.

I thought that I might have something to do with it because of the end of the Return of the Jedi....didn't see the love angle though.

To the mods: How did this love thing work? How would LIS go back to the good side? And would he be able to reveal all the wolves he knew?

Members don't see this ad :)
I ALWAYS felt you could be turned back. In fact, after you were turned I was still thinking of it but wouldn't say anything because that would betray my fellow wolves.

I thought that I might have something to do with it because of the end of the Return of the Jedi....didn't see the love angle though.

To the mods: How did this love thing work? How would LIS go back to the good side? And would he be able to reveal all the wolves he knew?

We were tryin to figure it out. But alas he was lynched before we could come up with anything.

We started with using the word love in the write up, and possibly hinting to her in night pms. We were looking for her to say "would my love for anakin bring him back?" or some kind of question like that.

And yes. He would have.

But again. Didn't happen

What I'm curious about is how the Tuscan raiders enjoyed having a big role after they were dead. Did you guys like it or dislike it? Was it enough to keep you interested?

I remember in the HG game I lost all interest in what people were saying. I wanted the 6 dead folks to still follow along.

Pretty much I came up with that when my most experienced players were getting killed off. And also people said to have stuff for dead peeps in the future WW thread.

I guess Devyn's horse tranquilizer is working.....

Have calmed down now. :)

Just wanted to have some fun at the end. I have only ever made it to the end of one game (in the Lounge) and I was totally on the losing side.

Hope you enjoyed my craziness.

Gotta go now. But thanks again everyone. It was a great game.
|
Don't forget, winter is coming.

What I'm curious about is how the Tuscan raiders enjoyed having a big role after they were dead. Did you guys like it or dislike it? Was it enough to keep you interested?

I remember in the HG game I lost all interest in what people were saying. I wanted the 6 dead folks to still follow along.

Yeah it was fun but I think the raiders should have won the game;)

you were fabulous to work with as well TW!!!!! I would have been lost without you (and I think we had a pretty good balance worked out with this game) This was way fun to mod, thank you to everyone for being so patient!!!

ALSO, raiders was pretty much a TW idea!!! We had tossed around the idea of it being a role, but nixed it in the end. When she came up with it for dead people, it was AWESOME! And I hope the dead guys had some fun doing it!

a special thanks to devyn, because your messages were very entertaining to read and try to decipher!

Lastly, everyones roles were RNG....except for NStarz...I made her a wolf because well, she asked for it!

I was? What was my first PM? (I had to delete them)

Can I tell the Jedi I can possibly convert? I don't want to step on your guys toes, but I really want the good side to win. Pleaaaaaasse?

It was very polite. I felt like we were some coalition or something haha

internet-troll-art-of-trolling-whats-she-complaining-about.jpg

Personally I think this would be a pretty awesome gift!

And Katie literally cracked up when I came up with MAOF. So it stuck.

Also, I was SO SAD, no one figured out the rules of the lightsaber!!!!!!!!

ALSO, raiders was pretty much a TW idea!!! We had tossed around the idea of it being a role, but nixed it in the end. When she came up with it for dead people, it was AWESOME! And I hope the dead guys had some fun doing it!

a special thanks to devyn, because your messages were very entertaining to read and try to decipher!

With the last 2 night write ups when I noticed the raiders mentioned I started googling and was like ummmm.... anyone notice the raider person? what do you all think and of course no one paid any mind and I wondered if perhaps it was a hidden role.

I love with my wookie language message - when you PMed back and were like what the feck language is this I can't figure it out! :laugh:

I don't really like switching sides because once I start with a team, I want that team to win and I want to stick with it.

That said, in my defense, every time I've converted I've done my best to see to it that my 'new' side wins. I realize my crazy stunt this game may not look like it, but that was actually a considered move - high risk, but possibly high reward. And I didn't really see it as a LONG-TERM risk for the team, because I knew what the numbers said (that the wolves were going to win).

With the last 2 night write ups when I noticed the raiders mentioned I started googling and was like ummmm.... anyone notice the raider person? what do you all think and of course no one paid any mind and I wondered if perhaps it was a hidden role.

I love with my wookie language message - when you PMed back and were like what the feck language is this I can't figure it out! :laugh:

I KNOWWWWW. Out of all the people to question about the TRs, you were not the first to come to mind :p kiiiiiidding.

But good job tryin to figure out my OBVIOUS hints. If FTB were alive she woulda probably figured it out.

I KNOWWWWW. Out of all the people to question about the TRs, you were not the first to come to mind :p kiiiiiidding.

But good job tryin to figure out my OBVIOUS hints. If FTB were alive she woulda probably figured it out.

Hey I have limited SW knowledge I completely admit that, but I do tend to try to break down the night results, so when I saw that twice I was like there is something to this. And of course everyone else was like "blow it out your ass" so I moved on. :laugh: I deduced from an earlier write up that wldlfstdnt was Yoda because you had her talk like Yoda and I asked Nordidog if she thought it could be possible and she was like yeah..... NO. :laugh:

So.... hmmmmmmm

Thanks guys

Also, I was SO SAD, no one figured out the rules of the lightsaber!!!!!!!!

Well I figure there were some rules like the Jedi one, but it didn't work when I had it (Stupid Raiders). So I was back at square one.

I don't really like switching sides because once I start with a team, I want that team to win and I want to stick with it.

That said, in my defense, every time I've converted I've done my best to see to it that my 'new' side wins. I realize my crazy stunt this game may not look like it, but that was actually a considered move - high risk, but possibly high reward. And I didn't really see it as a LONG-TERM risk for the team, because I knew what the numbers said (that the wolves were going to win).

Plus we all thought it'd be hilarious to see how DVMD would react to words being put in her mouth.

Hey I have limited SW knowledge I completely admit that, but I do tend to try to break down the night results, so when I saw that twice I was like there is something to this. And of course everyone else was like "blow it out your ass" so I moved on. :laugh: I deduced from an earlier write up that wldlfstdnt was Yoda because you had her talk like Yoda and I asked Nordidog if she thought it could be possible and she was like yeah..... NO. :laugh:

So.... hmmmmmmm

Fwiw I just randomly chose names except for when an action specifically happened to them. That must have been coincidence!

Totally awesome game, TW and Katie!!!!! :love::love::love:

Thank heavens we killed Nordicat when we did or we would've gone doooown.

I had a blast playing this. It's also made me realize that I seriously need a bigger Inbox.

So. Next paycheck, play money is going to a donorship of sorts. :laugh::laugh:

I didn't expect to be converted at all - I think Kismet might remember when I was converted (Katie too?) because I was like totally freaking out - like OMG I don't know what I'm doing kind of thing.

SOV was an awesome wolf mentor. It helped the night I converted I had the blaster so I had a pretty good idea that he wasn't going to be protected and thus vulnerable.

But yeah. Turning point was definitely Yoda giving me the conversion powers. Was really close in the end, though. Any misstep could've gotten us lynched.

So.... hmmmmmmm

I caught that too. Then nohika was converted and confirmed it.

Well I figure there were some rules like the Jedi one, but it didn't work when I had it (Stupid Raiders). So I was back at square one.

Plus we all thought it'd be hilarious to see how DVMD would react to words being put in her mouth.

She was not happy. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

This was one of the most fun things I've done. GREAT job Katie8 and TigerWillow! I kept asking my husband questions that I was getting ambiguous answers to on the wookiepedia.

Me: "...so you're sure Lando can't be bad? He put Han in Carbonite!!
Husband': "No. But you should get on lynching Boba Fett. He's totally a bad guy."

Lynches Lando....Lando is NOT a bad guy.

Me: "Crap."
Hub: "Told you."

Bahahahaha

That was totally epic. FTB blowing lies outta her bum

She was not happy. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

haha no kidding, we got so many pms from DVMDream that were like, I NEED to POST can I PLEASE post, all the Jedis are totally not saying what I'm saying!!!! AAAHHH

poor dvmdream, had to suffer in silence while you all twisted her words.

and thanks everyone! Glad it was a good game and you had fun, we certainly had fun modding!

Can I tell the Jedi I can possibly convert? I don't want to step on your guys toes, but I really want the good side to win. Pleaaaaaasse?

Oh, I remember that now. Except for the Pleaaaaaaasse. We all know that's not my style. :p

But yes, I PM'd the mods and asked how much of my role I could disclose - I wasn't sure they would want the conversion information revealed (I realize that it's more or less 'my role' to do with as I please, but I didn't want to foul up the game so I felt it was respectful to ask first.).

Also, I felt from a selfish standpoint my long-term survival odds were better if I were up front about it. If I hid it, the second somebody found out I was Anakin I knew people would be all over lynching me ("before he becomes Vader!!!"). I felt if I could get the rest of the Jedi on board with just keeping an eye on me I might do better.

Oh and side note. There apparently has been written an alternative ending with Leia ending up as a sith lord according to wookiepedia.

Sooooo the game has actually mimicked "real life"

Bahahahaha

That was totally epic. FTB blowing lies outta her bum

seriously, best wolf in the game goes to FTB.

the best pm we recieved:

From FTB
subject: I owe orca2011 a beer..

haha she lasted so long!!

This was one of the most fun things I've done. GREAT job Katie8 and TigerWillow! I kept asking my husband questions that I was getting ambiguous answers to on the wookiepedia.

Me: "...so you're sure Lando can't be bad? He put Han in Carbonite!!
Husband': "No. But you should get on lynching Boba Fett. He's totally a bad guy."

Lynches Lando....Lando is NOT a bad guy.

Me: "Crap."
Hub: "Told you."

My bf was having fun teaching me all about Star Wars during this game. We've watched episodes 1-4 thus far.

Also, I can't do this newb thing anymore. New strategy needed. Damn. But I was so good at being confused!!!