Star Wars WW Official Game Thread

Started by Katie8
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh, I remember that now. Except for the Pleaaaaaaasse. We all know that's not my style. 😛

But yes, I PM'd the mods and asked how much of my role I could disclose - I wasn't sure they would want the conversion information revealed (I realize that it's more or less 'my role' to do with as I please, but I didn't want to foul up the game so I felt it was respectful to ask first.).

Also, I felt from a selfish standpoint my long-term survival odds were better if I were up front about it. If I hid it, the second somebody found out I was Anakin I knew people would be all over lynching me ("before he becomes Vader!!!"). I felt if I could get the rest of the Jedi on board with just keeping an eye on me I might do better.

What is it with the men in the Skywalker family? They both went crazy. 😛

It was hilarious watching that all go down, though. DVM was going crazy PMing SOV and I, while we wolves were having fun...

I had fun as a wolf! I actually like it better, I think. Constant adrenaline.
 
Oh, I remember that now. Except for the Pleaaaaaaasse. We all know that's not my style. 😛

But yes, I PM'd the mods and asked how much of my role I could disclose - I wasn't sure they would want the conversion information revealed (I realize that it's more or less 'my role' to do with as I please, but I didn't want to foul up the game so I felt it was respectful to ask first.).

Also, I felt from a selfish standpoint my long-term survival odds were better if I were up front about it. If I hid it, the second somebody found out I was Anakin I knew people would be all over lynching me ("before he becomes Vader!!!"). I felt if I could get the rest of the Jedi on board with just keeping an eye on me I might do better.

and we very much appreciated that you did 🙂

but hey! you lasted as anakin for quite some time though!
 
FTB definitely wins the best wolf award. She was doing most of the strategizing and such earlier in the game and knew all the SW lore to help us lie. Then she convinced people she wasn't bad. It was AWESOME!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I deduced from an earlier write up that wldlfstdnt was Yoda because you had her talk like Yoda and I asked Nordidog if she thought it could be possible and she was like yeah..... NO. :laugh:

So.... hmmmmmmm
Haha I figured the Mods wouldn't make it THAT obvious! Plus, WTF talked like Yoda in the first write-up, so I figured it was just random.

Random fact: Nordidog has never died in a lynching, only in a wolf attack 😀
 
She was not happy. :laugh::laugh::laugh:


That was obvious. I got a whole SLEW of PMs within an hour after that posting. "What are you doing??? I didn't say that!" and "I'm going to post something in the forum - you didn't know I could post, did you!" and stuff like that.

It was obvious it drove DVMD crazy.

DVMD: Sorry. I couldn't resist tweaking you a little bit. 😉 Hugs? 🙂
 
Haha I figured the Mods wouldn't make it THAT obvious! Plus, WTF talked like Yoda in the first write-up, so I figured it was just random.

Random fact: Nordidog has never died in a lynching, only in a wolf attack 😀

So has TW 😀
 
My bf was having fun teaching me all about Star Wars during this game. We've watched episodes 1-4 thus far.

Also, I can't do this newb thing anymore. New strategy needed. Damn. But I was so good at being confused!!!

It was a pleasure having you join us, Ksmi. It's been great having some new people in the games.

You may have overplayed the 'confusion' part a tiny bit, though - I was suspicious from pretty early on, but tried to just play along.

The bit we exchanged somewhere in the middle (maybe day 4-ish?) about Padme was brilliantly played by you, though. I remarked to the Jedi that either you really were a villager, or you were a very, very clever wolf.
 
I had a great time coming up with fake roles. Somewhere in the crazy pms in my inbox there is a message telling Krist - "You are Wedge Antilles...."

But seriously, orca2011 and orcagirl, I owe you both beers.

Ha. Was thinking about making ksmi's fake role wedge. But Katie's was better
 
It was a pleasure having you join us, Ksmi. It's been great having some new people in the games.

You may have overplayed the 'confusion' part a tiny bit, though - I was suspicious from pretty early on, but tried to just play along.

The bit we exchanged somewhere in the middle (maybe day 4-ish?) about Padme was brilliantly played by you, though. I remarked to the Jedi that either you really were a villager, or you were a very, very clever wolf.

It's not my fault my group was too busy being Jedis and leaving me out of the conversations. How was I supposed to know anything? 😛

I knew people were suspicious of my playing dumb, but I just kept going with it. Changing to being a person who can figure things out would have been too obvious in my opinion.

Loved PMing you about my role. "OMG the seeker droid broke, everyone's gonna think I'm a wolf, but my real role is to save you LIS. Help me!!!"
 
It's not my fault my group was too busy being Jedis and leaving me out of the conversations. How was I supposed to know anything? 😛

I knew people were suspicious of my playing dumb, but I just kept going with it. Changing to being a person who can figure things out would have been too obvious in my opinion.

Loved PMing you about my role. "OMG the seeker droid broke, everyone's gonna think I'm a wolf, but my real role is to save you LIS. Help me!!!"

:laugh: That was hilarious. I remember getting the wolf PMs on that.

Are you going to keep playing, Kismet?
 
Awesome game, mods! Thanks for letting me be a wolfy. I think I would've lasted longer if I hadn't been investigated...grrrr....
 
I hope so. I have a lot of fun.

I am studying for the first part of my medical boards this month, so I might just wait until after then, but y'all aren't get rid of me after just one game.

😀 Don't worry, I'm pretty sure we have enough games to last the rest of the summer.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, after converting dyachei in one game, I think the one with the villager test, and finding she didn't really want to be there, I don't really consider her an option any more.

You misunderstand me. I enjoy playing wolf (and have chosen conversion) but in that game I made a terrible choice for the wolves.
 
We were tryin to figure it out. But alas he was lynched before we could come up with anything.

We started with using the word love in the write up, and possibly hinting to her in night pms. We were looking for her to say "would my love for anakin bring him back?" or some kind of question like that.

:bang::bang::bang:

Ughh, that would have been great. I saw that and was wondering about it - should have wondered out loud to you guys!!! Oh well. I really was a great game and I had a blast playing it. Thanks again guys 😍😍
 
The one day I sleep in late and putz around doing other stuff, the game ends! 🙄

It was an awesome game, thanks Katie8 and TW!! I loved being a raider, so thanks for keeping the early dead involved!
 
Holy Moly!!! I am shocked that Nohika was evil when I gave my powers to her. I only gave them to her because I was sure LIS was going to get converted soon and that SOV would be converted before Nohika.
 
Yayyyyy wolfies!!!! I wish I hadn't been found out so early but it is so fun and stressful being a wolf! Even though I am obviously the worst wolf ever!!! I'll work on it! With the way you villagers were picking off wolves left and right at the beginning I thought we were doomed, but so excited we made a come back! To the MOAF, this was an awesomely epic game!!!
 
Holy Moly!!! I am shocked that Nohika was evil when I gave my powers to her. I only gave them to her because I was sure LIS was going to get converted soon and that SOV would be converted before Nohika.

that was one of the best parts of the game. we thought the wolves were going to be picked off the next day! and then you handed us the perfect present of giving nohika the ability to convert :meanie:

definitely a game changer right there!!
 
Agreed, AWESOME game TW & Katie8!!!

Also, the whole "Captain Douchebag" thing was actually a joke. I WookieePedia'd Captain Panaka and saw that his name was changed to "Panassi" in Brazil because Panaka was too close to "Panaca", which can be translated into "douchebag". :laugh: I HAD to run with that one.
 
Agreed, AWESOME game TW & Katie8!!!

Also, the whole "Captain Douchebag" thing was actually a joke. I WookieePedia'd Captain Panaka and saw that his name was changed to "Panassi" in Brazil because Panaka was too close to "Panaca", which can be translated into "douchebag". :laugh: I HAD to run with that one.

It worked out well seeing as ksmi ended up being a wolf therefore a DB! :laugh:
 
I'm honestly surprised I lasted as long as I did, spewing all that good info in the beginning!
 
Loved PMing you about my role. "OMG the seeker droid broke, everyone's gonna think I'm a wolf, but my real role is to save you LIS. Help me!!!"

I know, right? I hated that PM, because even though I was suspicious it was really too big of a risk that you were being truthful for me to deal with it any other way.

I can't remember - did you know who Padme was at that point? You claimed you didn't (and I remarked to the Jedi that the fact that you didn't ask me outright who Padme was made me think you were being a very tricksy wolf), but I'm wondering if you were trying to get me to reveal her, or if you already knew and just didn't need the info from me.
 
It worked out well seeing as ksmi ended up being a wolf therefore a DB! :laugh:

When Abber made the jump from Captain Douchebag to Count Dooku, I was shocked to say the least. Hilarious.

I know, right? I hated that PM, because even though I was suspicious it was really too big of a risk that you were being truthful for me to deal with it any other way.

I can't remember - did you know who Padme was at that point? You claimed you didn't (and I remarked to the Jedi that the fact that you didn't ask me outright who Padme was made me think you were being a very tricksy wolf), but I'm wondering if you were trying to get me to reveal her, or if you already knew and just didn't need the info from me.

I did know at the time and thus was confident I could keep her alive so my story didn't fall apart. I thought about asking but I thought that'd make me look more wolfy, trying to get info out of you. Guess I was wrong.
 
that was one of the best parts of the game. we thought the wolves were going to be picked off the next day! and then you handed us the perfect present of giving nohika the ability to convert :meanie:

definitely a game changer right there!!

Yeah I didn't know who to pick! The whole time I was just thinking "man I wish DVMD was alive."

Good game!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This was a great game!! I had fun being a ghost. It was frustrating at times because my voice was controlled by others. I figured out last night that sov and nohika had become wolves. I kept throwing theories at them hoping that the chancellor would send me another message so I could tell them. I had to delete my frustrated post, that was the moment I knew they were wolves.
 
Yeah I didn't know who to pick! The whole time I was just thinking "man I wish DVMD was alive."

Good game!

ohhh that could have been a good twist if we had let you give it to DVMDream! haha I wonder who she would have chosen to convert!!
 
LIS: I'm never talking to you again.

It was so frustrating not being able to actually talk. I felt like a puppet and that was mean.

It was worse than being silenced. You can talk, but not really.😡

I had 4 wolves pegged on the same night I died....

Stupid light saber there should have been a rule that you can't kill the jedi master with a light saber, you know the jedi master is best with the light saber.

With that:

DVMD is taking a one week vacation starting tomorrow and will not be on SDN at all starting tomorrow.
 
This game was SOO hard to follow from the outside. More difficult than others for sure! I think that means it was a success? lol
 
This was a great game!! I had fun being a ghost. It was frustrating at times because my voice was controlled by others. I figured out last night that sov and nohika had become wolves. I kept throwing theories at them hoping that the chancellor would send me another message so I could tell them. I had to delete my frustrated post, that was the moment I knew they were wolves.
I thought for sure you would figure out Nohika was a wolf on the day we were killing LIS. She kept on disagreeing with you and then claiming she was tired, upset, etc. You were so sweet being "understanding". I was just waiting for a PM from you saying Nohika was a wolf.

Finally the NEXT day you expressed a little doubt to me, and I was all "yeah, anyone can be a wolf now". :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have to say, the first action where the raiders tortured wildcat threw MAOF into a tizzy, since that was also the day that we had the sandstorm. Wildcat wasn't available at first so the wolves were going to convert dyachei, but she had the force, and then we didn't know what that should mean (since the force is supposed to bounce kills back, but how do you bounce a conversion back?)

Then the raiders were all like, let's block wildcats role! So then Katie and I had to wonder, What do we doooooo. It wasn't really HER choice

Then wildcat came back and said she wanted to kill LIS. And then we were like well poo. Just block everything for her. And publicly torture her.


OMG. So painful was this thought process.
 
Wait, what? I didn't ask anything about Panaka that I remember. Was this in-thread or via PM?

In-thread you made some comment along the lines of "I wish you (whoever got the foreign language message about Captian Douchebag) had a way to tell me without putting it in the thread"...

Probably got misinterpreted in the telephone chain to get abbercadaver off my case.

Also, why did Abber tell nohika that Nordi was an ewok???? That totally threw off our game for awhile. Keep her seer-ness safe though.
 
I have to say, the first action where the raiders tortured wildcat threw MAOF into a tizzy, since that was also the day that we had the sandstorm. Wildcat wasn't available at first so the wolves were going to convert dyachei, but she had the force, and then we didn't know what that should mean (since the force is supposed to bounce kills back, but how do you bounce a conversion back?)

Then the raiders were all like, let's block wildcats role! So then Katie and I had to wonder, What do we doooooo. It wasn't really HER choice

Then wildcat came back and said she wanted to kill LIS. And then we were like well poo. Just block everything for her. And publicly torture her.


OMG. So painful was this though process.

One of the really interesting parts of being a MOD is dealing with the situations that you never anticipate. It is hard to think through ALL the possibilities when you set up a game. I guess some people can, but I always find there are sticky situations that you have to do your best.

The hardest for me is always to think ahead of time the order of executing events...
which comes first the silencing, the conversion, the kill, the protection, or if multiple people try to do something to the same person.

It can get pretty hairy.

You both seem to have done a good job on that!
 
I have to say, the first action where the raiders tortured wildcat threw MAOF into a tizzy, since that was also the day that we had the sandstorm. Wildcat wasn't available at first so the wolves were going to convert dyachei, but she had the force, and then we didn't know what that should mean (since the force is supposed to bounce kills back, but how do you bounce a conversion back?)

Then the raiders were all like, let's block wildcats role! So then Katie and I had to wonder, What do we doooooo. It wasn't really HER choice

Then wildcat came back and said she wanted to kill LIS. And then we were like well poo. Just block everything for her. And publicly torture her.


OMG. So painful was this though process.

I loved how all of the remaining wolves tried to make the kill decision since wildcat told us she wouldn't be around. Sandstorm day was definitely the worst!!!
 
Everytime I think about the Jedi council of LIS, Nohika and me, and we were all on the dark side... I gotta laugh. And poor DVMD dead and "helping" us. <cue evil laugh>

I bet that wasn't in your mind when you planned the game Katie & TW!

Talk about a disturbance in the force!