StardeWW 2: Ginger Island - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Breaking ties is sadly NAI because wolves don’t want to die in a mass death either.

In the first case, I broke the tie in favour of a wolf when a villager who would have been an easy misyeet was on the board.

In the second case, I'm pretty sure I've done the same thing, though we won't know until there is a Miranda flip. I don't see how this argument applies any wolf points to me, even outside of the fact that I don't bus unless there's a mechanical out or there's no chance of that wolf being yeeted. I do not like to be on viable wolf wagons when I am also a wolf because it doesn't jive with my team-first playstyle
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If Miranda had been yoten yesterday and flipped village, wolves would have only needed one more misyeet to secure the win if my math is right. In that circumstance, there is no universe in which my wolf self doesn't stay on Miranda and try to make more arguments for why others should be there too. I wouldn't make arguments to actively talk myself and others off of that yeet in favour of Stagg
 
Why do I feel like I still have to reevaluate everything even with a wolf being yeeted yesterday 🫠

And I don’t really understand why wolves have left JJJ alone despite no one ever being interested in yeeting him
This happens to me more often than you might think. Who knows what motivates any given kill, but I don’t think I am always viewed as a “threat”. That’d be the cost of being nice and willing to hear people out. People have told me before that they leave me around sometimes because my voice has clout, and that they think they can convince me of their world so that I promote it. And sometimes they’re right. I’m thinking about that now as I continue to review the game.
 
I think perhaps the most important player to try to sort (i.e., discuss) today is miranda. She was the other option yesterday in a very close vote.

genny played a role in moving me toward Stagg, and I wonder if anyone else was similarly influenced. Likewise, given the oft-discussed meta about Stagg’s bussing, we are presented with a crossroads.

If yesterday’s Stagg/miranda interaction had occurred on Day 1, I think I would have cleared them of both being mafia. The bar must be raised later in the game, however, particularly in an environment where “interactions with mafia” as a concept has been a key cog in the hunting effort (especially from me). So that leads to what I think is a very important question:

Do we think Stagg and miranda made it look good for the sake of distance, anticipating future analysis? Answering that question demands some knowledge of both players’ personalities and styles, and so I call on each of you to tell me what you think of that.

In the absence of experience with either of them myself, I am inclined to be very careful about doling out town credit. Each of you has a unique perspective though, so I would greatly appreciate hearing it.
 
Mm no I’m pretty sure that conversation should happen now

The only truly solid village read I have that I think is non-negotiable for me is PSV. Im open to looking anywhere else.

That said, after yesterday I do truly believe that Miranda is village. It's nothing other than tone and how she responded to things yesterday but I do feel quite strongly about it.

Was it you that posted the colour coded tallies yesterday? I think I want to look at them again given Stagg's flip
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do not see Lawpy being an option. He likes being bussed, not bussing. He went after Stagg AGGRESSIVELY.
Tonewise, I agree Miranda sounds village, BUT otherwise we don't have a solid reason to clear her so it's kinda iffy.
 
Why not PSV?

If she made that tie between two wolves on D1 with 2 minutes left to go and put herself in danger as part of a pack that then could potentially lose 75% of it's members (at worst) or cast a huge amount of sus on her when she flip flopped last minute if no one else broke it (at best)

It's just not a wolf move given game state with two wolves high sus and Stagg nearly a counter wagon.

If she is a wolf, then frankly she deserves to win based on the sheer ballsiness of that move
 
A tool that I think is very useful for times like this is what people around The Syndicate call a "trustfall". It just entails listing every player and identifying the best reason(s) you can think of to call that player a villager. It seems evident to me that everyone in this game could be called a town read for some reason or another, and we need to assess the quality and significance of those reasons side-by-side.

I am getting pulled into manuscript writing and can't do much right now, but this is something I will be attempting soon. Y'all could give it a try too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A tool that I think is very useful for times like this is what people around The Syndicate call a "trustfall". It just entails listing every player and identifying the best reason(s) you can think of to call that player a villager. It seems evident to me that everyone in this game could be called a town read for some reason or another, and we need to assess the quality and significance of those reasons side-by-side.

I am getting pulled into manuscript writing and can't do much right now, but this is something I will be attempting soon. Y'all could give it a try too.

I'll play, though not digging super deep here, going for large reasons and I've tried to remove my own tunnel biases from the list but that's hard so still may be there.

PSV: D1 creation of tie behavior between vis and mighty seems suicidal if wolf
Miranda: genuine tone, I don't think compatible with Stagg based on on-thread behaviour, seemed too pure to be wolf theater
JJJ: VCA is good and A+ game solving effort that I think has been very useful in evaluating reads, especially helping to form a village blocc
Barks: Power usage seems to be done in a village utility way, tone has been excellent
Lawp: AM's god read. Going "aggressively" after Stagg (this last is not my reasoning but a village read reasoning from thread)


Counterpoints:
Barks: is a good enough wolf to fool me on tone.
Lawp: I'm currently going through iso and struggling to find anything I don't think could be w/w on Stagg, but not done reviewing yet. Looking specifically for the "aggressive" approach to Stagg people were noting and I disagree so far. Definitely some discussion and pushing, but again nothing I couldn't see Lawp and Stagg fabricating because they're both smart enough to do it.
PSV: Panicking wolves may have just thought what's the most chaotic thing to do D1 and hope someone broke the tie for PSV to then ride into the sunset
Miranda: Tone isn't really a great thing to clear someone on at this point, but I still feel it's pure
JJJ: I don't know their meta, could be the deepest of deep wolves and always busses :shrug:
 
Lawp: I'm currently going through iso and struggling to find anything I don't think could be w/w on Stagg, but not done reviewing yet. Looking specifically for the "aggressive" approach to Stagg people were noting and I disagree so far. Definitely some discussion and pushing, but again nothing I couldn't see Lawp and Stagg fabricating because they're both smart enough to do it.
Right just like how Staggs was trying to discredit the village viewpoint that me and mighty weren’t paired.
 
A tool that I think is very useful for times like this is what people around The Syndicate call a "trustfall". It just entails listing every player and identifying the best reason(s) you can think of to call that player a villager. It seems evident to me that everyone in this game could be called a town read for some reason or another, and we need to assess the quality and significance of those reasons side-by-side.

I am getting pulled into manuscript writing and can't do much right now, but this is something I will be attempting soon. Y'all could give it a try too.
Jays: the interactions between you and vissy are enough to unpair you from wolves

Barky: vissy’s attempt to discredit AM’s read on her + Staggs’s initial insistence in pairing barky with me before awkwardly changing course

PSV/pshelty: could see her approach coming from the village mindset but this is shaky

Mirandas: too much ATE and feels like she cracked under the Santy tunnel. But feels like a misdirect in same vein as alleys

SAR: really the WZ soul read is saving her at this point. If the reassessment is what helped take down Staggs, we need to look into SAR more deeply than just village feels
 
Right just like how Staggs was trying to discredit the village viewpoint that me and mighty weren’t paired.

I'm trying my best here Lawp. I'm trying to engage and help village solve. I straight up said that I need to complete a full iso of you but that's 12 pages. I'm not asking for a village read, though it would be nice, but maybe just a little recognition that I'm actually trying here - even if you think I'm wrong. Villagers are wrong about each other all the time
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All By Myself Reaction GIF by Travis