You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
StardeWW 2: Ginger Island - GAME THREAD
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Never mind. Must not have been youIf the majority thinks it has utility to put cards out on the table now, then I have no problem revealing. But there's nothing clearing about my ability and while my role is village based on flips, can't assume wolves weren't provided with cover roles
I'm starting to circle back to wanting to yeet barks again too, ope
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay everyone is going to have to bear with me while I do a deep dive on Barks because I play entirely on my phone (hence why I don't do deep dives often) which means I have to post thoughts as I go otherwise I won't remember them all.
Iso'ing Barks specifically wrt Mighty - no interaction or mentions of Mighty at all pre-flip. Lots of asking people why they ended up on mighty and shading people for going mighty over vis, assuming that mighty was the expendable wolf due to abilities. Nothing unpairing imo
Plan is to do mighty → Barks, then Vis, then Stagg, then finally look at final votes. I know this is probably going to have some overlap to JJJ's analysis but I want to work through it myself without someone else's interpretation
ETA: mighty's mentions of Barks is exactly once and was a summary of stoat's list with no additional thoughts. Still not unpairing here.
Iso'ing Barks specifically wrt Mighty - no interaction or mentions of Mighty at all pre-flip. Lots of asking people why they ended up on mighty and shading people for going mighty over vis, assuming that mighty was the expendable wolf due to abilities. Nothing unpairing imo
Plan is to do mighty → Barks, then Vis, then Stagg, then finally look at final votes. I know this is probably going to have some overlap to JJJ's analysis but I want to work through it myself without someone else's interpretation
ETA: mighty's mentions of Barks is exactly once and was a summary of stoat's list with no additional thoughts. Still not unpairing here.
Purple Shorts Don’t Belong in the Soup... Day 6 Tally
SAR (1) - Lawpy
Barks (1) - SAR
2/6 voting
Missing: not SAR or Lawpy and any contingencies that may have been missed
Vote closes tomorrow, 3/27, at 10 PM CDT (~29 hours).
SAR (1) - Lawpy
Barks (1) - SAR
2/6 voting
Missing: not SAR or Lawpy and any contingencies that may have been missed
Vote closes tomorrow, 3/27, at 10 PM CDT (~29 hours).
Okay so Barks →Vis is... Interesting.
Lots of Miranda shade, but most of her Miranda shade is focused on Miranda shading Vis D1. But also at a time when Barks was also shading Vis and saying that was her second yeet choice. This felt odd to me. I don't really get the Miranda read since Vis was Barks's top wolf read at the time (per her posts)
Then I got to a bit about the back and forth about PSV following vis flip. This started to make my head explode because Barks seemed to be making a really good argument about PSV seemingly dropping a vote that didn't match reads and it was actually making me feel worse about PSV. But instead of following that through, Barks (seemingly, unless I missed it, but I tracked forward about 5 pages) just dropped it after PSV responded:
Then nothing mentioned again for a while. At this time I believe Barks was sitting on a PSV vote, so I will need to go back and see if she stayed there but that's for after.
Additional interesting point that showed up after this that indirectly has to do with Vis - Barks is in large part shading Miranda currently because she ended on mighty's vote and wolves would hypothetically want to keep vis. But in this PSV section she's actively shading PSV for being on vis.
Additionally additionally, yes she has Vis and Stagg in her scum reads following D1, but in a list of about 5/6 players. I don't feel this is unpairing as after the debacle that was D1 for the wolves, I expect they would be trying to do some serious distancing knowing that vis and Stagg had some heat at that time. I'm interested to see the evolution of that Stagg scum read to where she wasn't on Stagg 's yeet yesterday
Lots of Miranda shade, but most of her Miranda shade is focused on Miranda shading Vis D1. But also at a time when Barks was also shading Vis and saying that was her second yeet choice. This felt odd to me. I don't really get the Miranda read since Vis was Barks's top wolf read at the time (per her posts)
Then I got to a bit about the back and forth about PSV following vis flip. This started to make my head explode because Barks seemed to be making a really good argument about PSV seemingly dropping a vote that didn't match reads and it was actually making me feel worse about PSV. But instead of following that through, Barks (seemingly, unless I missed it, but I tracked forward about 5 pages) just dropped it after PSV responded:
Is PSV incompatible with mighty and vis?
@potentialsheltervet
Have you explained what happened here?
9:54PM
9:57PM
9:58PM
This morning 10:25AM, pre-Vis flip
I can't read Vis for **** and was spiraling about it.
I can also refer you to 10th anniversary where I used the treadmill on her to kill her and she exploded to kill me. We were both village.
Then nothing mentioned again for a while. At this time I believe Barks was sitting on a PSV vote, so I will need to go back and see if she stayed there but that's for after.
Additional interesting point that showed up after this that indirectly has to do with Vis - Barks is in large part shading Miranda currently because she ended on mighty's vote and wolves would hypothetically want to keep vis. But in this PSV section she's actively shading PSV for being on vis.
Additionally additionally, yes she has Vis and Stagg in her scum reads following D1, but in a list of about 5/6 players. I don't feel this is unpairing as after the debacle that was D1 for the wolves, I expect they would be trying to do some serious distancing knowing that vis and Stagg had some heat at that time. I'm interested to see the evolution of that Stagg scum read to where she wasn't on Stagg 's yeet yesterday
Alright, quick break to do some house things and then I'll be back.
It’s not barkyI'm starting to circle back to wanting to yeet barks again too, ope
Oh, if it isn’t barky, is it you? 🤔It’s not barky
You aren’t helping hereOh, if it isn’t barky, is it you? 🤔
But why is it not barks?You aren’t helping here
Vis → Barks is not much.
Basically boils down to Vis saying she thinks Barks is a crafty wolf when AM said that's who she can read when trying to pick mayor votes. However, when challenged Vis rapidly backed off and basically left it at free shrugs. I don't feel these interactions between barks/vis are unpairing
Basically boils down to Vis saying she thinks Barks is a crafty wolf when AM said that's who she can read when trying to pick mayor votes. However, when challenged Vis rapidly backed off and basically left it at free shrugs. I don't feel these interactions between barks/vis are unpairing
I feel i’ve been repeating myself a lot that i wonder if this is a Staggs-inspired tactic to try to wear me downBut why is it not barks?
And Barky is unlikely to be a wolf given 2 things:
1. Vissy tried to discredit AM’s village read of barky
2. Staggs kept forcing a me/barky pack and had to awkwardly shift course
I feel i’ve been repeating myself a lot that i wonder if this is a Staggs-inspired tactic to try to wear me down
I just went back to D1 and I feel that saying Vis tried to discredit AM's read is a stretch. The conversation wasn't about AM's read, it was about her ability to read Barks. And again, it was two posts that Vis immediately backed off of. It could easily have been one wolf trying to sow doubt so another wolf doesn't get elected
Sorry I found the post where you made your points after I already posted
Yes, but Vis also shaded me and Staggs also felt that I was in the pack - I’ll have to go back and look at exactly what Stagg said
So how do those points clear barks in your eyes, but not me?
And Barky is unlikely to be a wolf given 2 things:
1. Vissy tried to discredit AM’s village read of barky
2. Staggs kept forcing a me/barky pack and had to awkwardly shift course
Yes, but Vis also shaded me and Staggs also felt that I was in the pack - I’ll have to go back and look at exactly what Stagg said
So how do those points clear barks in your eyes, but not me?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they can be, but less likely than Miranda/Lawpy d/t some WIFOM-y VCA logic. Primarily that they were both on Lucy at one point and each ended the day on a different wolf. Could have been by design, but if the pack was Vis, Mighty, PSV, Miranda then Idk any of them well enough to know if they could/would end vote that way. Seems less likely if it were a planned thing, but possibly for a panicking pack.
@Lawpy look, we’re in a pack together too per Stagg!
Sorry if i sound terse, i’ve been slogging it out with wolves and their constant misrepresentation of my posts for several days in a row that it’s getting a little tiring
But if this is a wolf strategy that i suspect, i’m not going to let up
But if this is a wolf strategy that i suspect, i’m not going to let up
I just went back to D1 and I feel that saying Vis tried to discredit AM's read is a stretch. The conversation wasn't about AM's read, it was about her ability to read Barks. And again, it was two posts that Vis immediately backed off of. It could easily have been one wolf trying to sow doubt so another wolf doesn't get elected
In fact, Vis never addressed AM's one, singular post where AM stated she had a village read on Barks.
Sorry if i sound terse, i’ve been slogging it out with wolves and their constant misrepresentation of my posts for several days in a row that it’s getting a little tiring
But if this is a wolf strategy that i suspect, i’m not going to let up
It's okay, Lawp. Back and forth is what helps us game solve. If you can talk me into why you feel Barks is so strongly village then we go there. But having the discourse and reevaluating is important. Like your iso made me feel better again no matter how bad I've wanted to tunnel you for 2 days
Stagg claimed to be Lewis when he was yeeted which would be bold to claim unless it was a cover roleBut there's nothing clearing about my ability and while my role is village based on flips, can't assume wolves weren't provided with cover roles
I don’t remember doing any of thisLots of asking people why they ended up on mighty and shading people for going mighty over vis, assuming that mighty was the expendable wolf due to abilities.
I know you laid out the reasons why but this wolf pack has consistently been acting in a strange/surprising way. It's something you found when you fought for Stagg to be yoten. So with Barks being the only wolf not actively in the POE D1, then it would make sense for wolves potentially going down to shade her, no?It’s not barky
I don’t remember doing any of this
I can go back and pull the quotes that gave me this impression later
I think we have a wolf blocker and I think that person is barks.
I think we have a wolf blocker and I think that person is barks.
Please, tell me more
No because if they’re already in trouble, having a wolf who wasn’t in the spotlight and incorrectly misread as village by AM would be to their advantage, so trying to question and downplay that doesn’t make sense.I know you laid out the reasons why but this wolf pack has consistently been acting in a strange/surprising way. It's something you found when you fought for Stagg to be yoten. So with Barks being the only wolf not actively in the POE D1, then it would make sense for wolves potentially going down to shade her, no?
And yes i’m aware Staggs is an ultra-deepwolf who would be willing to pair me with his packmate as his suggested pack.
Okay, but wolves don't act logically all the time, do they?No because if they’re already in trouble, having a wolf who wasn’t in the spotlight and incorrectly misread as village by AM would be to their advantage, so trying to question and downplay that doesn’t make sense.
I actually realized something that puts a wrench in this thought and now I'm kinda stumped.I think we have a wolf blocker and I think that person is barks.
A quick try at a trustfall of my own while I have a moment:
Barky - received a vouch from AM, who is said by many to have a strong read on them. Would be a somewhat awkward fit with Stagg. Has generally seemed authentic to me at the vibes level.
Lawpy - led a multi-cycles crusade of sorts against Stagg. Received vocal support from AM, who has been credited with a "god read". Has struck me as overtly town at face value consistently since replacing in for Coopah.
miranda - was vouched for pretty ardently by genny, who has just died. Seems to be trying her best in a difficult game to make a positive difference, in the thread and out.
SAR - placed the tie-breaking vote for Stagg in the previous day phase. Received strong vouching from Dubz.
PSV - placed the tie-making vote between mighty and Vis with about two minutes to spare in Day 1. Has generally struck me as authentic.
Barky - received a vouch from AM, who is said by many to have a strong read on them. Would be a somewhat awkward fit with Stagg. Has generally seemed authentic to me at the vibes level.
Lawpy - led a multi-cycles crusade of sorts against Stagg. Received vocal support from AM, who has been credited with a "god read". Has struck me as overtly town at face value consistently since replacing in for Coopah.
miranda - was vouched for pretty ardently by genny, who has just died. Seems to be trying her best in a difficult game to make a positive difference, in the thread and out.
SAR - placed the tie-breaking vote for Stagg in the previous day phase. Received strong vouching from Dubz.
PSV - placed the tie-making vote between mighty and Vis with about two minutes to spare in Day 1. Has generally struck me as authentic.
I think on the basis of that gut-level review, I am least likely to vote Lawpy. The other four all have a case in their favor, but it doesn't inspire me quite to the same extent.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Barky/Stagg interaction definitely needs a deep dive. It was a "light green" in my previous interaction chart, suggesting a sort of low confidence dissociation. We raise the bar at this stage of play, and so I will take another look and probably provide a more thorough review for everyone to take in.
What's your perspective of PSV's Day 1 tying vote?PSV/pshelty: could see her approach coming from the village mindset but this is shaky
*edit to strikethrough a relic from a previous post
Lol whatI think we have a wolf blocker and I think that person is barks.
Is it that I claimed to protect samac N1 and it was backed up? Or is it that I haven’t done anything the last two nights because I ran out of abilitiesI actually realized something that puts a wrench in this thought and now I'm kinda stumped.
Neither. It's something I personally have proof of.Lol what
Is it that I claimed to protect samac N1 and it was backed up? Or is it that I haven’t done anything the last two nights because I ran out of abilities
It’s highly transient so i can’t give the cred to PSV/pshelty.A quick try at a trustfall of my own
What's your perspective of PSV's Day 1 tying vote?
*edit to strikethrough a relic from a previous post
Barks
I know you find her easy to read but she did well in every wolf game I played with her and the only time she was easily read was CYO2 (3?)
Could you provide these game examples? Barks is good at wolfing but I don't recall what you're describing.
I’m thinking of Stranger Things, and I don’t have other specific memories of her wolfing in other games which means I was oblivious that she was wolfing during the games.
Vissy’s attempt to discredit AM’s read on barky happened >13 hours before D1 close. I just don’t understand why this would be a distancing attemptMost humans fear the unknown... - Day 1 Tally
View attachment 367853
Vis (2) - Zenge, AM
miranda (1) - Lawpy
Dubz ()
Stagg (1) - Dubz
mighty (1) - samac
Zenge (1) - Santy
Santy (1) - miranda
@Viscernable, you are kinda sorta barely in the lead!
7/19 voting
Missing: @potentialsheltervet, @alleycat03, @Viscernable, @Clem J, @Stagg737, @SARdoghandler, @bluestoat, @mightyrunner7, @lucy., @JaggedJimmyJay, @Barkley13, @NateTheLesser
Vote closes today, 3/17, at 10 PM CDT (~13 hours).
If that was the tally at the time, it strikes me as a rather low-leverage exchange.
AM was voting barky for mayor and was confident in her ability to read her.I just went back to D1 and I feel that saying Vis tried to discredit AM's read is a stretch. The conversation wasn't about AM's read, it was about her ability to read Barks. And again, it was two posts that Vis immediately backed off of. It could easily have been one wolf trying to sow doubt so another wolf doesn't get elected
Elect Barks
So vissy’s response by extension was an attempt to undermine AM’s read on barkyI feel comfortable reading her so I'm staying.
And barky was open to becoming a mayor:
I’ve never been mayor before
Just saying
So vissy’s posts if anything were pretty much undermining barky. Unless you’re thinking this was some convoluted distancing attempt where wolf!barky wanted to be mayor in direct opposition to what the rest of the pack wanted?Look at this sweet, innocent, and experienced face. She will be my assistant mayor and give me advice if elected.
I'm not sure this would be a thoroughly planned or discussed matter. It extends from the dialogue in which Vis was being suspected for their mayor preferences, and in that light questioning AM's preference serves as a kind of defense of the self. You think my picks are weird, so here's why yours might be weird too. Barky is almost ancillary in that hypothetical, and it'd serve as a sliver of distancing to boot.So vissy’s posts if anything were pretty much undermining barky. Unless you’re thinking this was some convoluted distancing attempt where wolf!barky wanted to be mayor in direct opposition to what the rest of the pack wanted?
This is a good point but i’m not sure if Barky is ancillary considering AM directly stated why she couldn’t understand vissy’s easy-to-read on mirandasI'm not sure this would be a thoroughly planned or discussed matter. It extends from the dialogue in which Vis was being suspected for their mayor preferences, and in that light questioning AM's preference serves as a kind of defense of the self. You think my picks are weird, so here's why yours might be weird too. Barky is almost ancillary in that hypothetical, and it'd serve as a sliver of distancing to boot.
I guess I'm confused what makes Vissy's vote different from the others
So vissy tried to fire back by trying to make an argument that barky isn’t easy to read but failed to make an exact counter (that AM actually misread barky before). So this gives an impression that AM actually had a point and might be accurate in her barky read and mayor vote.Vis didn't read Miranda at all in Fire Emblem and misread her in Pasta so I don't understand why she was cited as an easy read.
Although now i’m starting to think whether AM actually misread barky before. Hold pls
She has 

forums.studentdoctor.net
Well, that’s terrifying. I need to think
WWedding at the End of the WWorld: Game Thread
The end is nigh...what better time for a wedding? Welcome to the wedding event of the season, the joining of two souls, dissimilar in every way you can imagine, and yet determined to find happiness in these trying times. Please take your seats, the ceremony will begin soon. Pay no attention to...
My poe has mel, genny, and barks. Also maybe still cubs. The timing of genny/barks/cubs votes looks good at a glance for sloth, but there was so much shade about her at the end of D1 that I need to review the justifications and any comments they made about sloth before all of the strong arguments got made about her. And yes, I know barks was first on sloth, but I can't remember what her justification was for that D1 so I need to review that (she's one that I've generally agreed with her posts but she is kind of flying under the radar for me and I had her in neutral).
Disagree on Barks. She was quick to try and remove sloth and it seems her ability was more powerful than please's.
Village:
AM
Dina
Cray
Bread
Barks
Mel???
POE:
cubs
genny
Edited after I did some thinking.
I'm still not understanding Barks in the POE.
Night 4ALIVE:
![]()
With nothing else to do but hide from fire and pigeon droppings, all remaining attendees of the wedding packed up and piled into some random Holiday Inn that night. Lucky for them, there wasn't very strict security at this particular hotel, given that some guests were.... a bit smellier and more long in the face than others.
Dubz carried her charred BIG stick like a baton. A beacon for a better life. The only means she felt she could stop this apocalypse before it got out of hand. So quickly they had exterminated the catastrophic weather events and life-threatening respiratory diseases.... the pigeons would clear eventually... what could possibly be left?
She collapsed into a bed, neatly made not by a hotel hospitality person but her very particular late wife. At least she didn't have anyone nagging her to sleep under the sheets anymore. A familiar fluffy face hopped up next to her and she grabbed him, stifling sobs into his soft fur. At least he would always be there for her. Eventually, she drifted off.
Gimli lost interest after an hour or two and revved up his zoomies, sprinting across @Animal Midwife's throat and waking her from sweet dreams about Paramore and Lips of An Angel. Burning House really would've been more suitable for the way this wedding went.
Then Gimli settled back into bed with his human, keeping her face nice and warm all night. Nice and warm until her blood stopped flowing.
Dead from asphyxiation is @supershorty - Dubz, vanilla -> MASON
It doesn't take a lot of thought to avoid wiping out mankind, but unfortunately not every cat is blessed with a brain cell to call their own. Gimli is one of those cats. Lucky for humanity, he was caught red toebeaned at the scene of the crime. When the accusations rained down on him, you could almost see a game of pong plinking around behind his pupils.
Horrified at the idea of such a sweet, dumb kitten being held responsible for his crimes, the spooky ghost decided to intervene. He whispered in the ears of the remaining guests, reminding them that they still didn't know where those pigeons had come from. While they were distracted hurling accusations at each other, he approached the fluffy murderer. With one touch he extracted the cute kitten soul. Gimli hardly noticed, as he was fixated on a spot on the wall that was ever so slightly darker than the rest. The ghost sighed happily. This creature was just what he needed. He picked Gimli up in his arms and carried him off into the sunset. By the time the guests turned back to where Gimli had been, their eyes wide with the trauma of the past few days, the ghost and his new companion were long gone. At least someone got a happy ending.
VILLAGE WINS
4. @The_Breadmann - Pigeons, day cancel
5. @Crayola227 - kaydubs, tie breaker
6. @genny - allieh, PMer
7. @cubsrule4e - Bread, voyeur
11. A spooky ghost - a spooky ghost, a spooky ghost
14. @Animal Midwife - That's What You Get by Paramore, post restrictor
14b. @Melchizedek - A Horse, vanillager
Dead:
12. @vetschoolsletmeinplease - The Storm of the Century - Wolf Action Delayer
2. @Zenge142 - MJ - village tinkerer
10. @PhiloslothicalStudent - COVID - Delayed blocker
3. @alleycat03 - Sporty - PMer -> MASON
9. @Cyndia - Athens, GA - vanillager
8. @Dinashadow - Fancy Folding Chairs - protector
1. @supershorty - Dubz - vanilla -> MASON
13. @Barkley13 - Gimli - Wolf YELLER
Well, that’s terrifying. I need to think
Although for context we had this
Because I got burned once keeping people out of the POE when they hadn't given me a good solid reason to do so.
Is Barks as anti-bussing as you and I are?
I'm not certain, but her timing on sloth when please was already a wagon makes 0% sense to bus. If you're going to bus, why encourage two wolves deaths, especially on the wolf who was less likely to go over? I think the last wolf is not on either D1 wagon.
So in the rare occasion where AM misread barky, it’s because barky deepwolfed.
Not sure how to feel seeing that this game has very strange bussing dynamics. Going to think
Not sure how to feel seeing that this game has very strange bussing dynamics. Going to think
Can we really fault barky for voting offwagon when alleys did the same (and on a villager too)?Most humans fear the unknown... - Day 1 FINAL Tally
View attachment 367927
Vis (5) - Zenge, AM, stoat, Dubz, PSV
miranda (1) - Barky
Dubz ()
Stagg (2) - Lawpy, mighty
mighty (9) - samac, JJJ, Clem, SAR, miranda, Vis, Stagg, Santy, Nate
Zenge ()
Santy ()
alley ()
Nate ()
lucy (1) - alley
stoat ()
@mightyrunner7, you are in the lead!
18/19 voting
Missing: @lucy.
CHECK YOUR VOTES. INCORRECTLY FORMATTED VOTES DO NOT COUNT.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The affairs of mundane folk matter little to me... - Day 2 Tally
Santy (10) - samac, Dubz, Stagg, alley, Clem, PSV, Lawpy, JJJ, miranda, SAR
PSV (2) - Barky, genny
alley (1) - lucy.
Lawpy ()
Nate (1) - santy
lucy (1) - Zenge
Barky (1) - Nate
@Santygrass you are in the lead!
16/16 voting
Missing: none
Vote closes TODAY, 3/19, at 10 PM CDT (~2 hours).
Vote softly closed, results pending
Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get back into a normal routine... Day 3 FINAL Tally
Barky (3) - PSV, miranda, Clem
PSV ()
Nate (7) - Dubz, Lawpy, genny, Barks, JJJ, alley, SAR
alley (2) - Stagg, Nate
@NateTheLesser, you are in the lead!
12/13 voting
Missing: @lucy.
Be Glad You’re A Farmer… Day 4 FINAL Tally
Stagg ()
alley (6) - Stagg, SAR, Barky, PSV, Lawpy, JJJ
PSV (3) - miranda, alley, genny
miranda (1) - Dubz
@alleycat03, you are in the lead!
10/10 voting
Missing: none
Check your votes.
ThinkingEventually, we're going to sink... Day 5 FINAL Tally
miranda (3) - Lawpy, Barky, Stagg
Stagg (5) - PSV, genny, miranda, JJJ, SAR
@Stagg737, you are in the lead!
8/8 voting
Missing: none
Check yo' votes.
Thinking
Thinking
HmmMy read on SAR is just as valid as AM's on you and Lawpy tbh
HmmJay and SAR would fit the bill too, much as it pains me to say. Probably need to reaffirm their status in the blocc. I don't want to turn things too hard just yet because we do have a day of space still (hopefully) and I'm not quite ready for full dismantling.
Honestly, i think mirandas might be a misdirection at this point, and i agree with the genny point. Still can’t get over the ATE and response to the Santy tunnel but 🤷♀️miranda - was vouched for pretty ardently by genny, who has just died. Seems to be trying her best in a difficult game to make a positive difference, in the thread and out.
Ugh i don’t think barky is a wolf when looking at her posts, just doesn’t add up. Yes AM was wrong before but what AM said about barky just fits with what i’m seeing.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 100K
- Replies
- 182
- Views
- 6K