-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
StardeWW Valley - GAME THREAD
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do you have examples?Okay. I think genny is a cultist, hopefully the alpha cultist.
I ISO'd AM's mentions of her. In the first half-ish of the game, AM says multiple times she thinks genny is wolfy. After a certain point, she suddenly starts to lightly poo-poo any mention of genny potentially being a wolf. She instead directs attention toward Barks. It's relatively subtle but as far as indicators, I think it's the best we have.
Yeet genny
That must have been HILARIOUS. I will make a special note of reading the endgameI went to hunt down that game that the Cult won but after reading the ending it was kind of a Cult variant so idk how helpful it'll be but it's here
![]()
Food Fite/Foodie WW signups and game thread
@Melchizedek @WildZoo @finnickthedog - please sign up at your fav #’s @Lawper - could you do your tagging? Opening Game Post Table of Contentsforums.studentdoctor.net
There was never open knowledge of the Cult so it went...well![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Catty kits!Kitty cats?!?!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Read endgame with the knowledge that Mel was Cult Leader and AM and I had been recruited. Pippy had been recruited earlier but I'd cured her (without knowing what I was curing her from).That must have been HILARIOUS. I will make a special note of reading the endgame
Ooh hahah I just made an unintended stoat pun. Sassy juvenile stoat squad checking in.Catty kits!
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
@bluestoat and @Truenamer must pay the catto tax immediately or face consequences.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Two precious baby kittensKitty cats?!?!
We are getting them because our dog really wants cats
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
We won't have them until Thursday night!@bluestoat and @Truenamer must pay the catto tax immediately or face consequences.
To clarify: he has always loved cats. We tried getting him a dog friend. It was fun for him until he realized no one was coming to pick up the dog friend. Then it went about as well as introducing a second SO to a monogamous relationship can be expected to go.Two precious baby kittens
We are getting them because our dog really wants cats
Cats, though? They're great. He grew up with one. He's the dog, they're the cats, life is good, love him please.
Edit: edited for gender neutrality
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
There's some other things too like I don't think we knew who else had been recruited (so I don't think AM and I were aware of each other), just knew Mel was the leader, and we couldn't talk about the Cult or yeet Mel.Read endgame with the knowledge that Mel was Cult Leader and AM and I had been recruited. Pippy had been recruited earlier but I'd cured her (without knowing what I was curing her from).
So I don't even know if it'll be helpful because the mechanics are probably maybe different here? But maybe not? Who knows???
This is still helpful. Better to have it than not. And I'm sure it'll make me chuckle.There's some other things too like I don't think we knew who else had been recruited (so I don't think AM and I were aware of each other), just knew Mel was the leader, and we couldn't talk about the Cult or yeet Mel.
So I don't even know if it'll be helpful because the mechanics are probably maybe different here? But maybe not? Who knows???
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
From my limited interactions with Mel it sounds like that was probably the most fun game of his lifeThere's some other things too like I don't think we knew who else had been recruited (so I don't think AM and I were aware of each other), just knew Mel was the leader, and we couldn't talk about the Cult or yeet Mel.
So I don't even know if it'll be helpful because the mechanics are probably maybe different here? But maybe not? Who knows???
No, his favorite game was SegaFrom my limited interactions with Mel it sounds like that was probably the most fun game of his life
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
No no, that was my favorite gameNo, his favorite game was Sega
His favorite was the one where he bussed me and I bussed back in retaliation and he died
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dubbie he can like the same game as youNo no, that was my favorite game
His favorite was the one where he bussed me and I bussed back in retaliation and he died
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Inconceivable!Dubbie he can like the same game as you
I spent the last several hours thinking I was off tomorrow and could put together my thoughts then.
...I'm not off tomorrow.
...I'm not off tomorrow.
I scribbled down my car thoughts when I parked and upon rereading, I see that they contain new vocabulary including "invigorered" and "obstrucurcation" so please hold.
Sporty's Car Thoughts (unfeaturing Britney Spears):
1) I was thinking about the mechanics talk and contemplating how it feels... manipulative. Not by everyone who partook, but it feels like an easy way for scum to slip in and obfuscate ("obstrucurcation") or distract from the point. Or even look helpful without actually doing much that's helpful? Anyone can do math and have it be facts. And this isn't so much a specific read but more of a feeling. It didn't strike me when I skimmed it at work but it bothered me when I was thinking about it all on the way home.
Unfortunately, further analysis would require me to reread several pages and I don't think that's happening tonight or potentially even before night close.
I guess I'll break this into several posts or else Dubz won't read it, idk.
1) I was thinking about the mechanics talk and contemplating how it feels... manipulative. Not by everyone who partook, but it feels like an easy way for scum to slip in and obfuscate ("obstrucurcation") or distract from the point. Or even look helpful without actually doing much that's helpful? Anyone can do math and have it be facts. And this isn't so much a specific read but more of a feeling. It didn't strike me when I skimmed it at work but it bothered me when I was thinking about it all on the way home.
Unfortunately, further analysis would require me to reread several pages and I don't think that's happening tonight or potentially even before night close.
I guess I'll break this into several posts or else Dubz won't read it, idk.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
What Came First? - D4 Tally
Barky (1) - Truey (c)
genny (1) - PSV
2/7 voting
Missing: all but these 2, one of whom placed a contingency vote last night that we missed but I caught on reread.
Vote closes at 9pm EST (8pm CST/6pm fantasyland) on Wednesday, 2/9 (~23 hours)
Barky (1) - Truey (c)
genny (1) - PSV
2/7 voting
Missing: all but these 2, one of whom placed a contingency vote last night that we missed but I caught on reread.
Vote closes at 9pm EST (8pm CST/6pm fantasyland) on Wednesday, 2/9 (~23 hours)
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
That's fair but it's also important for village to figure out what the best startegic move is today so I don't know how to parse out affiliation from participation in those discussions (except that Cult probably wouldn't be gung-ho about the yeet Cult idea)Sporty's Car Thoughts (unfeaturing Britney Spears):
1) I was thinking about the mechanics talk and contemplating how it feels... manipulative. Not by everyone who partook, but it feels like an easy way for scum to slip in and obfuscate ("obstrucurcation") or distract from the point. Or even look helpful without actually doing much that's helpful? Anyone can do math and have it be facts. And this isn't so much a specific read but more of a feeling. It didn't strike me when I skimmed it at work but it bothered me when I was thinking about it all on the way home.
Unfortunately, further analysis would require me to reread several pages and I don't think that's happening tonight or potentially even before night close.
I guess I'll break this into several posts or else Dubz won't read it, idk.
again, it was an observation I had rather than it being a failproof way of determining who is and who isn't scum.That's fair but it's also important for village to figure out what the best startegic move is today so I don't know how to parse out affiliation from participation in those discussions (except that Cult probably wouldn't be gung-ho about the yeet Cult idea)
2) I'm really starting to feel more certain about a Dubz scum read. Which I know she will angry react me for and MAKE ME SAD but I can't keep shying away from it because I don't want the
a) I made early statements about how I felt like she was power wolfing (scumming, I guess, is the applicable term now) and it's really feeling that way again in the last 24 hours or so. Really the main reason I came off her is because her defense against Zenge felt genuine, but I also know she can pull a decent AtE. And I stand by my earlier concerns where I said she sounded like scum pulling off my vote because she didn't want to push my buttons anymore
ai) Additionally, her defense is often matter-of-fact ("I would not do that as a wolf, period" type stuff - "I would have converted Sporty if I was cult") where people frequently feel like they can't argue with her and has them back off, particularly less experienced players.
b) In a similar vein, her posts leading discussion are often in absolutes this game. Not in the same way AM's (infuriatingly) tend to be, but just enough to ~gently~ guide the village sheep where she wants to go.
c) She is one of the few people I can imagine converting AM when AM hates scumming, and AM also had early steady suspicion on Dubz: ideal convert material.
d) She did indeed participate in a great deal of the mechanics conversation. Which again, I welcome. I just feel like her contributions ended up being a lot more aimless meandering than I would expect from her.
a) I made early statements about how I felt like she was power wolfing (scumming, I guess, is the applicable term now) and it's really feeling that way again in the last 24 hours or so. Really the main reason I came off her is because her defense against Zenge felt genuine, but I also know she can pull a decent AtE. And I stand by my earlier concerns where I said she sounded like scum pulling off my vote because she didn't want to push my buttons anymore
ai) Additionally, her defense is often matter-of-fact ("I would not do that as a wolf, period" type stuff - "I would have converted Sporty if I was cult") where people frequently feel like they can't argue with her and has them back off, particularly less experienced players.
Stop
Stop
My positive and helpful energy is NAI.
I would have recruited sporty.
The end.
^also this feels faked (unrelated thought, I just found this quote while I was looking for the other)I was not prepared to have to deal with MarVoLo levels of panic today 💩
b) In a similar vein, her posts leading discussion are often in absolutes this game. Not in the same way AM's (infuriatingly) tend to be, but just enough to ~gently~ guide the village sheep where she wants to go.
c) She is one of the few people I can imagine converting AM when AM hates scumming, and AM also had early steady suspicion on Dubz: ideal convert material.
d) She did indeed participate in a great deal of the mechanics conversation. Which again, I welcome. I just feel like her contributions ended up being a lot more aimless meandering than I would expect from her.
I'm actually so not looking forward to fighting with Dubz over that post because it's INSANELY emotionally taxing for me to push her in WW. I hate it.
So I'm probably gonna yeet myself to bed soon and then have nightmares about it
So I'm probably gonna yeet myself to bed soon and then have nightmares about it
We're just at an endgame point with primarily noobs and this is where I get troubled.
I really have been hesitating to scumread Dubz for numerous months because of my poor history with it and because she's my best friend and I don't want to hurt her feelings, but combined with the fact that NUMEROUS other players won't touch her for other reasons, it perpetuates this cycle where she just lives forever as scum (see my previous comments on her being a "useless" alpha wolf). Combined with the fact she's great at guilt tripping when she's up for any discussion and great at pocketing (cuz she's "helpful" - @Truenamer).... I feel like if I don't bring this stuff up, no one will.
I really have been hesitating to scumread Dubz for numerous months because of my poor history with it and because she's my best friend and I don't want to hurt her feelings, but combined with the fact that NUMEROUS other players won't touch her for other reasons, it perpetuates this cycle where she just lives forever as scum (see my previous comments on her being a "useless" alpha wolf). Combined with the fact she's great at guilt tripping when she's up for any discussion and great at pocketing (cuz she's "helpful" - @Truenamer).... I feel like if I don't bring this stuff up, no one will.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Lucky for you I'm far too tired to get into it. If you want to fall into the paranoia void about me, so be it. I don't even see how I can defend against much of what you said because it's not anything defensible, it's just how you ~feel~ about how I'm posting. I've had enough fights this game tbh.I'm actually so not looking forward to fighting with Dubz over that post because it's INSANELY emotionally taxing for me to push her in WW. I hate it.
So I'm probably gonna yeet myself to bed soon and then have nightmares about it
actually, I could pull quite a few quotes about the way you defend and the absolutes you post when discussing. I just didn't because I'm (also) tired and it's taking me long enough to collect my thoughts for this rundown.Lucky for you I'm far too tired to get into it. If you want to fall into the paranoia void about me, so be it. I don't even see how I can defend against much of what you said because it's not anything defensible, it's just how you ~feel~ about how I'm posting. I've had enough fights this game tbh.
I actually asked True if it would be too hard for him if I were to vote Dubz, in PMsI'm actually so not looking forward to fighting with Dubz over that post because it's INSANELY emotionally taxing for me to push her in WW. I hate it.
So I'm probably gonna yeet myself to bed soon and then have nightmares about it
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I will say that's actually kind of hurtful. I'm not in the business of doing things people hate, AM is on my no wolf convert list along with a few others. But it's irrelevant because I don't think AM would hate being Cult anyway. It's 3p, even purple in this game.She is one of the few people I can imagine converting AM when AM hates scumming, and AM also had early steady suspicion on Dubz: ideal convert material.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
That's great but you'll have to back it up with evidence that I don't do the exact same thing as village.actually, I could pull quite a few quotes about the way you defend and the absolutes you post when discussing. I just didn't because I'm (also) tired and it's taking me long enough to collect my thoughts for this rundown.
I swear you've converted her previously.I will say that's actually kind of hurtful. I'm not in the business of doing things people hate, AM is on my no wolf convert list along with a few others. But it's irrelevant because I don't think AM would hate being Cult anyway. It's 3p, even purple in this game.
Also tbh I still am having a hard time seeing cult as 3P because in my brain I'm still imagining it as Wolf1 and Wolf2
I'm imagining them as robed aquatic lovers of the lightI swear you've converted her previously.
Also tbh I still am having a hard time seeing cult as 3P because in my brain I'm still imagining it as Wolf1 and Wolf2
Anyway,
3) I'm not sure where I'm sitting with stoaty anymore because I was kind of contemplating a WildStoats pack but clearly that's.... at least highly improbable given numbers. I'm not really sure I've heard any arguments for or against her as scum (besides her proudly placing herself in the no-cult pack). So if anyone has a TLDR there IF there even is evidence that she's not scum, that would be cool. Cuz unfortunately I will not have the time to dig back tomorrow like I for some reason thought I did.
3) I'm not sure where I'm sitting with stoaty anymore because I was kind of contemplating a WildStoats pack but clearly that's.... at least highly improbable given numbers. I'm not really sure I've heard any arguments for or against her as scum (besides her proudly placing herself in the no-cult pack). So if anyone has a TLDR there IF there even is evidence that she's not scum, that would be cool. Cuz unfortunately I will not have the time to dig back tomorrow like I for some reason thought I did.
...aquatic?I'm imagining them as robed aquatic lovers of the light
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nope. Never have. I have only wolfed with her once and that was in Afterparty, where we were both originals.I swear you've converted her previously.
Also tbh I still am having a hard time seeing cult as 3P because in my brain I'm still imagining it as Wolf1 and Wolf2
I'd absolutely convert her to Cult so like I said it's kind of besides the point, but it seems like you're narrowing your pool based on who would convert her to Cult for that reason, and I don't think it works.
justafluff
Good skelegg
The only evidence is evidence you don't accept, which is that if I was wolfing with kds I'd have dragged her over the coals for risking my neck day 1Anyway,
3) I'm not sure where I'm sitting with stoaty anymore because I was kind of contemplating a WildStoats pack but clearly that's.... at least highly improbable given numbers. I'm not really sure I've heard any arguments for or against her as scum (besides her proudly placing herself in the no-cult pack). So if anyone has a TLDR there IF there even is evidence that she's not scum, that would be cool. Cuz unfortunately I will not have the time to dig back tomorrow like I for some reason thought I did.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Alright. I'll deal with this tomorrow. It's too late and I'm too tired and have spent too much time trying to figure this out to not get all bitchy about it tonight.
ah see, and this is why I get sad when I vote for you.Alright. I'll deal with this tomorrow. It's too late and I'm too tired and have spent too much time trying to figure this out to not get all bitchy about it tonight.
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"...aquatic?
....this says nothing about cult tho?The only evidence is evidence you don't accept, which is that if I was wolfing with kds I'd have dragged her over the coals for risking my neck day 1
And also isn't even good evidence for the wolf side lol
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
I'm sorry, I'm probably going to change my vote, but you fit the pattern and you're really good at this and... I've gotten the same vibes as Sporty. I'm grateful that she voiced themAlright. I'll deal with this tomorrow. It's too late and I'm too tired and have spent too much time trying to figure this out to not get all bitchy about it tonight.
Oh there's no reason you can't suspect me of being in a cult, I was actually laying sus on True for being sure I wasn't in the PMs....this says nothing about cult tho?
And also isn't even good evidence for the wolf side lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Part 4 of my car thoughts was that I don't feel like True can in any way be scum. Convert material possibly but his posts today are... too pure*
*this is also how kds got me village reading her so ymmv
*this is also how kds got me village reading her so ymmv
*Grumble grumble*Part 4 of my car thoughts was that I don't feel like True can in any way be scum. Convert material possibly but his posts today are... too pure*
*this is also how kds got me village reading her ymmv
How come HE gets to be such a darling *grumble*
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 101K
- Replies
- 182
- Views
- 7K
