StardeWW Valley - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, and I will put them in a separate post momentarily.

ouch

I know you and true are in a !relationship! but this feels weird as hell to me. I know you both think the other is 1000% village but what an odd move to an outsider.
Oh no I've been on and off worried he's in a cult all day, it's just mostly a conversation for our role pm
 
I just am having a hard time seeing that as a correct move in this instance. AM does as AM wants and all but especially with no timeline of conversion, I don't think that point alone is ruling Dubz out as cult, and particularly not as wolf.
Ok so basically you're in a tunnel at this point?

If that's where we're at I'm ok directing my posts at others. I think it's best for both of our constitutions if I don't try to convince you of something you're not going to be convinced of.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think genny is wolfy.

I'm not really sure at this point. I still think genny is wolfy.

That's not AI. I could list two games within the last twelve months where genny was so absent she didn't vote at all during a cycle. One time she even got a sub. Still was a wolf both times.

I want to see genny flipped

Barks can exist independently of genny.

Why do you feel Barks is w/w with genny?

In a world where Barks/genny are w/w, why would they essentially prevent village from saving kdsw since they have the numbers to force anyone else in the lead over her?

The only time I recall genny deepwolfing was when she was in danger and her counterwagon was a partner.
So here's the progression of AM going from "genny is wolfy" to discouraging focus on genny and shifting it onto barks.
Now, here's the obvious: genny is unlikely to be a wolf due to her crashing in and last-minute ensuring kdswg was yoten. So, it could be argued that AM moved genny out of her POE because genny apparently doesn't typically bus, so AM saw her as unlikely to be a wolf and didn't think she could push a villager (or wolf, I guess it probably doesn't matter much to the cultists) misyeet. But. My theory is genny is the cult leader and quietly converted AM, likely N1. AM then wouldn't want anyone to vote for genny and, you know, kill the cult leader. Maybe this is a bit too tinfoily since the simplest explanation is genny is a villager, but in a game where my POE is in shambles? I'm going with genny is the cult leader.
 
Ok so basically you're in a tunnel at this point?

If that's where we're at I'm ok directing my posts at others. I think it's best for both of our constitutions if I don't try to convince you of something you're not going to be convinced of.
I mean, I’m happy to move elsewhere today too. I’m just also 99% sure you’re scum and I feel most comfortable placing my vote on someone I feel confident about whereas I’m more 50/50 on whether I’m yeeting a villager on my other options here.

Clearly you’re not out of the POE for just about anyone and I’m not the only person who independently made these considerations.
 
based on the tie-making and self-sacrifice thing d1, which makes little sense for scum to me.
It would make little sense for a wolf, but at that point none of us knew there was a third faction so I don't see it as clearing her from cultyness. But I still think genny is the greater priority and hopefully the cult leader.
 
I genuinely believe AM evolved her read of genny
Would it matter for her as a cultist who's wolf and who's villager? I don't really know the nitty gritty of wolves vs cultists as far as meeting wincons when another scum faction is alive but knowing "not a cultist" should be a good enough reason for AM to at least not be actively defending genny in my view. I don't see the point of that when AM had to have known the wolfpack would take her out soon since she was being so universally village read.
 
I mentioned yesterday that genny is well within my POE so I’ll try to read there tomorrow while I’m at work.

But don’t expect me to be happy about it. I hate reading genny.

If I had to choose a second vote to be on right now, it would be stoat.
 
It would make little sense for a wolf, but at that point none of us knew there was a third faction so I don't see it as clearing her from cultyness. But I still think genny is the greater priority and hopefully the cult leader.
It makes no sense as a Cult Leader either, which she would have had to have been at that time to be associated with the cult, since it was d1.
 
Would it matter for her as a cultist who's wolf and who's villager? I don't really know the nitty gritty of wolves vs cultists as far as meeting wincons when another scum faction is alive but knowing "not a cultist" should be a good enough reason for AM to at least not be actively defending genny in my view. I don't see the point of that when AM had to have known the wolfpack would take her out soon since she was being so universally village read.
That's the same as saying wolves don't defend villagers, and we know they do.
 
I mean, I’m happy to move elsewhere today too. I’m just also 99% sure you’re scum and I feel most comfortable placing my vote on someone I feel confident about whereas I’m more 50/50 on whether I’m yeeting a villager on my other options here.

Clearly you’re not out of the POE for just about anyone and I’m not the only person who independently made these considerations.
If you're 99% sure then I'm not sure why you would move anywhere else. But that's what I was wondering. I'm just not interested in fighting with you if it's just going to go in circles.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mentioned yesterday that genny is well within my POE so I’ll try to read there tomorrow while I’m at work.

But don’t expect me to be happy about it. I hate reading genny.

If I had to choose a second vote to be on right now, it would be stoat.
Wait, genny was still in your POE yesterday? Why?
 
If you're 99% sure then I'm not sure why you would move anywhere else. But that's what I was wondering. I'm just not interested in fighting with you if it's just going to go in circles.
Because the cycle is still young? It’s not like I can’t change my mind about you or anyone else.

I dislike the implication that I’m in a tunnel when I have tried to go about my suspicions as kindly as possible and I’m not the only one sitting here with you in the POE.
 
Side note. Can't decide if Sport v Dubz is scum/village, village/scum, or village/village. It does remind me of arguing with Bob though, which ended up being v/v
 
From D1:
samac
Barks
cubs
Sporty
Zenge
Bob
genny
dubz

I have [sporty] in my neutrals.

I'm mildly uncomfortable with the Sporty yeet, but I don't really know why.

I'm not particularly reading Sporty wolfy independently but I'd have to check the VCA to be sure.

I keep wavering on dubz, but I'm not sure I'm ready to get on dubz.

How about I throw you (shelty) in the POE?

I'm not the one who will be suffering. (to shelty)

Bob, Barks, and dubz are my OG pool. Things will mildly shift if Bob does not flip wolf.
This was to bob:
It's simply your interactions with the flipped wolf and pushing psv that I'm not a fan of. Have you reviewed the VCA yet?
In response to true:
I don't see you as compatible with any of the listed people. I also liked the defense of Sporty both cycles.
Talking about true:
I recall him apologizing when a player he suspected was simply nightkilled last game so it doesn't seem abnormal to me.

So basically I'm just more conflicted now because as shelty just showed, AM's read on genny progressed. But also:
- D1 had dubz lowest on her list, next day still had her in the POE but wasn't really pushing and said she wasn't ready to vote there
- Was really pushing shelty D2 (I think?) but never followed up on it and later didn't like that bob was pushing shelty
- Defended true a few times
 
From D1:















This was to bob:

In response to true:

Talking about true:

So basically I'm just more conflicted now because as shelty just showed, AM's read on genny progressed. But also:
- D1 had dubz lowest on her list, next day still had her in the POE but wasn't really pushing and said she wasn't ready to vote there
- Was really pushing shelty D2 (I think?) but never followed up on it and later didn't like that bob was pushing shelty
- Defended true a few times
Do you feel confident ranking the players you mentioned from least to most suspicious?
 
1. @potentialsheltervet - unlikely to be wolf, can be cultist (AM pushed a little, then backed off and seem to think better of?)
6. @genny - likely not wolf, AM's read changed over time to be more favorable
7. @WildZoo - can be either, was in AM's POE but not pushed or voted for
11. @Truenamer - can be either, AM defended
13. @Barkley13 - me
14. @SportPonies - can also be either? claims vanillager
16. @bluestoat - can also be either, also claims vanillager

omg idk I need help
 
Because the cycle is still young? It’s not like I can’t change my mind about you or anyone else.

I dislike the implication that I’m in a tunnel when I have tried to go about my suspicions as kindly as possible and I’m not the only one sitting here with you in the POE.
Sigh. I'm literally trying to avoid exactly what is happening so I'm just going to stop i guess. What I have seen so far is you say something, I say something, you say that doesn't change anything. If that's all that is going to happen then, again, I'd rather not give you or myself an ulcer. I'm not trying to insinuate that you're arguing in bad faith, I'm trying to gauge whether it is worth the fight. You're not technically out of my Cult POE but I do think you're village. But if you are 99% sure I am scum then I don't see how anything I say to you is going to change anything.

I guess I am also bothered that you keep bringing up that I hesitated in supporting Zenge's tunnel on you, as if the only situation where I would be bothered by the idea of misyeeting you is if I were scum. And that's simply not true. You can look back and see when the last time was that I followed through on voting you out if you like. So if that's going to keep being used as a thing then I'd rather just...not.
 
1. @potentialsheltervet - unlikely to be wolf, can be cultist (AM pushed a little, then backed off and seem to think better of?)
6. @genny - likely not wolf, AM's read changed over time to be more favorable
7. @WildZoo - can be either, was in AM's POE but not pushed or voted for
11. @Truenamer - can be either, AM defended
13. @Barkley13 - me
14. @SportPonies - can also be either? claims vanillager
16. @bluestoat - can also be either, also claims vanillager

omg idk I need help
And this is what I meant about AM’s reads as scum not being all black and white to interpret.

Short of her pushing a vote hard, I don’t think that using her reads is, unfortunately, going to be a yellow brick road to other cult members.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh, a thought just occurred to me

I've laid out my reasoning (and Dubz concurs) about why it's really important that we target cult first (at the very least the cult leader) then take care of the last wolf.

Assuming that there's only one wolf left, they might not have anyone to game out the optimal night kill with.

So depending on the results of our yeet, we should probably game out the best anti-Cult wolf nightkill.

The wolf isn't going to win if the Cult runs unabated either, so in theory helping them figure out the best anti-cult NK is something we can agree on with them.

Just food for thought.
 
1. @potentialsheltervet - unlikely to be wolf, can be cultist (AM pushed a little, then backed off and seem to think better of?)
6. @genny - likely not wolf, AM's read changed over time to be more favorable
7. @WildZoo - can be either, was in AM's POE but not pushed or voted for
11. @Truenamer - can be either, AM defended
13. @Barkley13 - me
14. @SportPonies - can also be either? claims vanillager
16. @bluestoat - can also be either, also claims vanillager

omg idk I need help
I like this list.

Personally I think tomorrow I will consider things without leaning on the AM list, to create another angle of approach. We have multiple sets of views on this now from the "let's analyse our one cultist" direction, and that's good.
 
Oh, a thought just occurred to me

I've laid out my reasoning (and Dubz concurs) about why it's really important that we target cult first (at the very least the cult leader) then take care of the last wolf.

Assuming that there's only one wolf left, they might not have anyone to game out the optimal night kill with.

So depending on the results of our yeet, we should probably game out the best anti-Cult wolf nightkill.

The wolf isn't going to win if the Cult runs unabated either, so in theory helping them figure out the best anti-cult NK is something we can agree on with them.

Just food for thought.
I don't understand. Are you saying we should suggest who the NK should be? I don't see that working out well
 
Oh, a thought just occurred to me

I've laid out my reasoning (and Dubz concurs) about why it's really important that we target cult first (at the very least the cult leader) then take care of the last wolf.

Assuming that there's only one wolf left, they might not have anyone to game out the optimal night kill with.

So depending on the results of our yeet, we should probably game out the best anti-Cult wolf nightkill.

The wolf isn't going to win if the Cult runs unabated either, so in theory helping them figure out the best anti-cult NK is something we can agree on with them.

Just food for thought.
This isn't a bad idea, it's part of why I wanted to work on collabing here. The wolf (wolves?) know who they are and have the most possible information on where to act. We'd just have to hope they don't want a competing faction any more than we do
 
I still think in not considering who AM had in her POE there isn't enough thought being given to how vital a Cult Leader is to the Cult wincon.

We also have to narrow things down on something. I mean, we can go in circles forever about how everyone is in the POE, but that's not necessarily helpful.

I really need to actually go to bed but I would encourage people to go look at how AM has treated packmates in previous games.
 
Sigh. I'm literally trying to avoid exactly what is happening so I'm just going to stop i guess. What I have seen so far is you say something, I say something, you say that doesn't change anything. If that's all that is going to happen then, again, I'd rather not give you or myself an ulcer. I'm not trying to insinuate that you're arguing in bad faith, I'm trying to gauge whether it is worth the fight. You're not technically out of my Cult POE but I do think you're village. But if you are 99% sure I am scum then I don't see how anything I say to you is going to change anything.

I guess I am also bothered that you keep bringing up that I hesitated in supporting Zenge's tunnel on you, as if the only situation where I would be bothered by the idea of misyeeting you is if I were scum. And that's simply not true. You can look back and see when the last time was that I followed through on voting you out if you like. So if that's going to keep being used as a thing then I'd rather just...not.
I will reevaluate tomorrow when my brain is less fried. And it’s not that I took your hesitation as only possible in a scum world, that’s just something that kept crossing my mind with those particular posts. I think I even said that it’s not necessarily AI; it just made me think.
 
Her position on the kds vote makes her ironclad "not a wolf" for me. If she is, then no offense, but she's an absolutely terrible wolf.

I don't see any reason why she can't be a cultist though.
That's why I specifically asked about sporty's POE yesterday, before the cult was known to exist
 
I don't understand. Are you saying we should suggest who the NK should be? I don't see that working out well
I absolutely am. I think we should logic through, here in the open, who the remaining wolf should kill.

I think that they will agree with us as long as we are being clear about our mutual objective- stopping the cult before it can grow and win the game. Because the cult is like, one or two cycles from winning the game.
 
I don't understand. Are you saying we should suggest who the NK should be? I don't see that working out well
I think-- and he can clarify-- that our results can help a lonely wolf try to think on their own by producing group analyses that the wolf might not have anymore. The theory he is using here is that it would be mutually beneficial for the wolfpack and the village to scumhunt the cult faction, and his core assumption is that the wolves would actually care.
 
I absolutely am. I think we should logic through, here in the open, who the remaining wolf should kill.

I think that they will agree with us as long as we are being clear about our mutual objective- stopping the cult before it can grow and win the game. Because the cult is like, one or two cycles from winning the game.
Okay lol you're more extreme than me. Seems like it breaks the rules of the game a little in that it places too much trust in the altruism of a competing faction, but why not?
 
I still think in not considering who AM had in her POE there isn't enough thought being given to how vital a Cult Leader is to the Cult wincon.

We also have to narrow things down on something. I mean, we can go in circles forever about how everyone is in the POE, but that's not necessarily helpful.

I really need to actually go to bed but I would encourage people to go look at how AM has treated packmates in previous games.
The problem is that if the cult leader is, for example, genny, AM didn't need to have any interactions with her because she basically hasn't been around.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay lol you're more extreme than me. Seems like it breaks the rules of the game a little in that it places too much trust in the altruism of a competing faction, but why not?
Just to make sure I'm clear, I don't expect the last wolf to out themselves or anything. I just think that, if they want a chance to win the game, it is in their best interest to work with us to figure out cultist targets for their night kill. And it is in our best interest as the village to help them figure out cultist targets for the night kill.

Basically, I like all of you guys and one of you is the wolf and I'm hoping that the part of you that usually plays village will be happy to work with us like you normally do to solve a problem, and then you can go back to slaughtering us in our sleep.
 
I'm down for this game thread producing a bunch of analysis for the wolves to read but @Truenamer you forget that the game thread fundamentally cannot produce a verifiably village ranked-choice list of votes
 
We have cultists here. They're thinking with us and participating in our discussion. If they talk more maybe something about their tone can even help clue us in. It's the best we got going
 
I'm not sure it's actually in woof's best interest to kill a Cultist if we vote out the leader, I'd have to look back at my math but I think they'd still want to kill village. So I don't think that collaboration would go well lol
It still would be because the Cult has a factional victory when they're 50% of the remaining players whether or not the cult leader is still around (unless the moddesses did screwy stuff with the rules).

Village doesn't have that factional trigger.

So if it's one wolf, one villager, and two normal cultists left, cultists win on the spot.

But if it's a wolf, two villagers, and one cultist, it's still anyone's game.

I'm assuming that the wolf in our midst will understand that, and so I want to give them the tools they need through open discussion.