StardeWW Valley - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Part 4 of my car thoughts was that I don't feel like True can in any way be scum. Convert material possibly but his posts today are... too pure*

*this is also how kds got me village reading her ymmv
I assure you that you will look back on this and think "yep, that dork comes across as village because he's village."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You impressed people too much in the noob game and now they have high expectations of you
I'm actually planning to take a break and have a "visit the sage on the mountains" style hiatus so that I can revamp my approach 😉

I'm not going to count this game but I will focus on my play in Bowwling. After the game is over I'll mention something that I wildly misread in my role PM, as an offering of how jank I've been at existing
 
Also, quite frankly, I am on unstable footing with group trust in this game from everyone but True. I would opt to phrase things more carefully than not, can't do that at work
 
So would it not make sense to feel him out privately, before Sporty took the step? Especially as that is an available option?
 
Anyway,

3) I'm not sure where I'm sitting with stoaty anymore because I was kind of contemplating a WildStoats pack but clearly that's.... at least highly improbable given numbers. I'm not really sure I've heard any arguments for or against her as scum (besides her proudly placing herself in the no-cult pack). So if anyone has a TLDR there IF there even is evidence that she's not scum, that would be cool. Cuz unfortunately I will not have the time to dig back tomorrow like I for some reason thought I did.
According to AM, stoat is village because of the self sacrifice thing. So interpret that as you will but I feel it may be +1 for potential cult member
 
Part 4 of my car thoughts was that I don't feel like True can in any way be scum. Convert material possibly but his posts today are... too pure*

*this is also how kds got me village reading her so ymmv
Also your exhausted but dogged scumhunting feels extremely genuine to me, I will be floored if you're not a villager
 
According to AM, stoat is village because of the self sacrifice thing. So interpret that as you will but I feel it may be +1 for potential cult member
But I mean that's fair except... Not really? How? Explain why weird on thread behavior computes to a cult affiliation, other than a cognitive association between cults and wackos.
 
so does... anyone have independent reads of stoat?
Besides True thinking stoat is village because he knows her

....and stoat thinking stoat is village because stoat is stoat?
I enjoy this line a lot more than is sensible. I think my extreme sleepiness has progressed to delirium.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so does... anyone have independent reads of stoat?
Besides True thinking stoat is village because he knows her

....and stoat thinking stoat is village because stoat is stoat?
I would honestly love to hear independent reads of her because who knows, maybe this is the week I find out that she's significantly smoother and sneakier than I thought she could be 😂
 
But I mean that's fair except... Not really? How? Explain why weird on thread behavior computes to a cult affiliation, other than a cognitive association between cults and wackos.
I mean, the fact AM defended you is what Barks is kind of taking from this, if I read correctly.
She's saying you're NOT clear as village so you very well can be cult, and it's kind of odd that you're taking such offense to that.
 
Sigh my lack of self-control is showing.

We're just at an endgame point with primarily noobs and this is where I get troubled.

I really have been hesitating to scumread Dubz for numerous months because of my poor history with it and because she's my best friend and I don't want to hurt her feelings, but combined with the fact that NUMEROUS other players won't touch her for other reasons, it perpetuates this cycle where she just lives forever as scum (see my previous comments on her being a "useless" alpha wolf). Combined with the fact she's great at guilt tripping when she's up for any discussion and great at pocketing (cuz she's "helpful" - @Truenamer).... I feel like if I don't bring this stuff up, no one will.
Primarily noobs?
Me, you, genny, barks
stoat, True, PSV

Where's the primarily noobs?
 
I mean, the fact AM defended you is what Barks is kind of taking from this, if I read correctly.
She's saying you're NOT clear as village so you very well can be cult, and it's kind of odd that you're taking such offense to that.
I'm not offended, I didn't follow her logic. It seems like that particular thing is NAI for being 3P, though fine for discussing village vs wolf affiliation.
 
Also wait @Barkley13 if you think my D1 defense of kds is indicative of 3P behavior you
1. Think I'm a cultist on Day 1, aka the cult leader. Metal as hell.
2. Are implying I'd stick my neck out for some rando without any intention of converting them.

Edit: you too @SportPonies
 
Sigh my lack of self-control is showing.


Primarily noobs?
Me, you, genny, barks
stoat, True, PSV

Where's the primarily noobs?
….remember this?

1644378826818.jpeg
 
Not to mention if the argument can be used that AM would not have been pushing her Cult Leader, and sporty seems to be leaning towards that is me, then I don't understand why I am even under consideration. She still had me in her POE.
This is why you, True, and Barks are in my "probably not cultists" pile. It hinges on assuming she was already a convert by then.
 
Not to mention if the argument can be used that AM would not have been pushing her Cult Leader, and sporty seems to be leaning towards that is me, then I don't understand why I am even under consideration. She still had me in her POE.
Oh geez, I knew I had been forgetting something

Ajakskkdhsjs

Unyeet Dubz
 
Not to mention if the argument can be used that AM would not have been pushing her Cult Leader, and sporty seems to be leaning towards that is me, then I don't understand why I am even under consideration. She still had me in her POE.
Except that is not the argument I'm making at all. I absolutely think AM can and would stand by her reads. Having you in her POE only makes sense for consistency after conversion. She wasn't voting for you nor pushing you. Keeping you in the POE as an amorphous "well she ain't clear" is well within her means regardless of affiliation.

Edit because I meant reads and not votes.
 
Except that is not the argument I'm making at all. I absolutely think AM can and would stand by her reads. Having you in her POE only makes sense for consistency after conversion. She wasn't voting for you nor pushing you. Keeping you in the POE as an amorphous "well she ain't clear" is well within her means regardless of affiliation.

Edit because I meant reads and not votes.
I need to review this but I think she didn't need to necessarily keep Dubz in there after Zenge already pushed her, died, and the thread had moved on. I also feel like she's screaming bloody murder at how bad my analysis is in deadchat tho so
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need to review this but I think she didn't need to necessarily keep Dubz in there after Zenge already pushed her, died, and the thread had moved on. I also feel like she's screaming bloody murder at how bad my analysis is in deadchat tho so
I don't understand this thought process, can you reiterate?

Like, for AM to suddenly 180 on a read after conversion is vastly devaluing her talent as a scum player. Particularly a player who cannot be yoten easily.
 
I need to review this but I think she didn't need to necessarily keep Dubz in there after Zenge already pushed her, died, and the thread had moved on. I also feel like she's screaming bloody murder at how bad my analysis is in deadchat tho so
Oh, if AM isn't yelling at us right now I'd be shocked

Also, hi, love you guys! We're getting brutalized out here! Pls save!
 
I don't understand this thought process, can you reiterate?

Like, for AM to suddenly 180 on a read after conversion is vastly devaluing her talent as a scum player. Particularly a player who cannot be yoten easily.
I don't think stoat is suggesting a full 180, I think she's just suggesting that AM could have quietly stopped talking about Dubz
 
Except that is not the argument I'm making at all. I absolutely think AM can and would stand by her reads. Having you in her POE only makes sense for consistency after conversion. She wasn't voting for you nor pushing you. Keeping you in the POE as an amorphous "well she ain't clear" is well within her means regardless of affiliation.

Edit because I meant reads and not votes.
No, she couldn't come right out the gate and be like "YEAH DUBZ IS SO VILLAGE" but it would have been very easy for her to move me out of her POE over the course of a couple days. And I can't remember the last time she kept a packmate in her POE.

It's the same reason I shifted my thoughts on Barks, AM told me to look into her bussing history after the point where I think it's most likely she would have been recruited.

Of course all things go out the window if she was recruited like, last night. But that was hopefully not the case.
 
I don't understand this thought process, can you reiterate?

Like, for AM to suddenly 180 on a read after conversion is vastly devaluing her talent as a scum player. Particularly a player who cannot be yoten easily.
Okay so to clarify, you are pooling cult faction and wolf faction into a non-exclusive and general category of "not village, analyse for the same way"?
 
Day 1
DubZ (1) - Bob
Zenge
(1) - genny
Sporty (3) - Zenge, samac, Dana
kdswg (3) - AM, Sporty, PSV
Dana (5) - Barks, True, kdswg, stoat, Dubz
True (1) - samac
Bob
(1) - cubs

Day 2
Sporty (1) - Bob
genny (1) - Dubz
kdswg (4) - AM, cubs, Barks, genny
Bob (3) - Truey, PSV, kdswg
stoaty (1) - Sporty
Dubz (1) - Zenge
Barks (1) - Stoaty

Day 3
Bob (8)
- Truey, AM, stoaty, genny, Dubz, Barky, PSV, Sporty
True (1) - Bob

AM is in purple for all of it because idk when she was converted
 
Day 1
DubZ (1) - Bob
Zenge
(1) - genny
Sporty (3) - Zenge, samac, Dana
kdswg (3) - AM, Sporty, PSV
Dana (5) - Barks, True, kdswg, stoat, Dubz
True (1) - samac
Bob
(1) - cubs

Day 2
Sporty (1) - Bob
genny (1) - Dubz
kdswg (4) - AM, cubs, Barks, genny
Bob (3) - Truey, PSV, kdswg
stoaty (1) - Sporty
Dubz (1) - Zenge
Barks (1) - Stoaty

Day 3
Bob (8)
- Truey, AM, stoaty, genny, Dubz, Barky, PSV, Sporty
True (1) - Bob

AM is in purple for all of it because idk when she was converted
Thank you!
 
I think it's also undervaluing the importance of the Cult Leader to the Cult. Cultists can't recruit unless the game is broken. If the Cult Leader dies, their wincon becomes significantly more difficult. It's not the same as keeping a normal packmate in your (very narrow) POE, and AM doesn't even like to do that.
 
I don't think stoat is suggesting a full 180, I think she's just suggesting that AM could have quietly stopped talking about Dubz
I just am having a hard time seeing that as a correct move in this instance. AM does as AM wants and all but especially with no timeline of conversion, I don't think that point alone is ruling Dubz out as cult, and particularly not as wolf.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you have examples?
Yes, and I will put them in a separate post momentarily.
I keep forgetting PSV exists
ouch
I can! I just didn't want to embroil him in conflict. And I wanted to review the thread, which I still haven't done, before bringing up suspicions
I know you and true are in a !relationship! but this feels weird as hell to me. I know you both think the other is 1000% village but what an odd move to an outsider.
 
I missed the posts about stoat.

My independent read of her is, again, based on the tie-making and self-sacrifice thing d1, which makes little sense for scum to me. I don't have any like, interaction-based reason to kick her out of the wolf or Cult POE though.