Step 2cs December 2018 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AMG 4th year here. Decided to start this for anyone stressing during the ridiculous waiting period for step 2 cs! I made a post about some of the things I did wrong, then deleted it because no one can tell me if I failed or not. Also, people telling me to not stress because I will more than likely pass was also not helpful as we all know someone who “surprisingly” failed. I’ve been losing sleep since test day since at this point I’m convinced there’s no way I passed and wishing I can just take it over one more time. Also really bummed about continuing interviews at this point. So for anyone in my position, you’re not alone! here’s to positive thinking and relaxing thoughts until dec 12 2018!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
It won’t let me reschedule yet. Help! I see tests dates open but I can’t register
Don't waste your money on recheck (speaking from experience) just register quickly. I think u have to wait for them to send you the confirmation email before you can select a test date. Soon has you have access try to get a date that's doable for you. I would recommend Chicago bc I here that's the "easier" site. If not just worry about the date not the site.

So for those who are anxiously waiting like me. I called Both USMLE and ecfmg today. They said that reporting happens every Wednesday and by 11am score reports are out that day. They even said you can even be the last one meaning jaruary 9th to find out. They told me it is very possible for to get their grades if they took the exam after you. Just because people received it on the first drawing day doesn’t indicate if failed or not. So with that I hope we all get it today or deff by next week!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Posting to update those who may benefit from knowing this: Permit disappeared on Sunday. Passed today. Prepared with first aid and practicing cases with a friend and practicing writing notes using the usmle computer note template. Hope everything turns out well for those who don't know their results yet and for those who didn't pass. Wishing you all the best!

After a failure in sep in houston passed this time around in chicago. Finally releived to be ecfmg certified. This ****ing exam cost me nearly 10000 dollars.

Reactions: 1 user
After a failure in sep in houston passed this time around in chicago. Finally releived to be ecfmg certified. This ****ing exam cost me nearly 10000 dollars.

I feel ya bro! As a non-US IMG, traveling to and staying in the US while practicing for this exam twice can mount upto 10k.
Congratulations for being ECFMG certified! You made it! Good luck for the match!

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah travelling twice from home country to us and twice the cs fees plus hotel stay. Failing this exam once can make a person broke.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just keep checking into the fcvs account to see if anything has changed... omg i hate this wait

Sorry this is harsh but does anyone's status actually say fail on the credentials verification service?
The backdoor said I passed, and the real result was a pass.

The "default of pass until changed" idea is pretty unlikely given the people with "undetermined" or whatever.

For those folks in the same boat as I - I would not expect to see a score until next wednesday. Hopefully our permits will come down this Sunday and then the FCVS trick may give us insight. But I suggest that everyone table this for now and do your best to focus on other things.

Reactions: 1 users
For those folks in the same boat as I - I would not expect to see a score until next wednesday. Hopefully our permits will come down this Sunday and then the FCVS trick may give us insight. But I suggest that everyone table this for now and do your best to focus on other things.

Thats why Im going a lil crazy... my permit has been gone for at least 2 weeks (my period doesn't end until april, so im still well within my testing period). So i was sooo sure I was gonna get my score yesterday.. :(

Thats why Im going a lil crazy... my permit has been gone for at least 2 weeks (my period doesn't end until april, so im still well within my testing period). So i was sooo sure I was gonna get my score yesterday.. :(
Was your permit gone of IWA or OASIS? That is if you are IMG

Yes, Im an IMG. I can't see my permit in any of those sites. I just double checked.
You don’t see an option like this on OASIS?

Attachments

• 9263B7EB-1124-477C-99A2-0B418E17E908.jpeg
    9263B7EB-1124-477C-99A2-0B418E17E908.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 75
You don’t see an option like this on OASIS?

Yes, but when I click on it, it says "you are not currently registered for CS"

And from what I've read in forums, what they mean with scheduling permit disappearing is this:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 10.59.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 10.59.00 AM.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 81

And from what I've read in forums, what they mean with scheduling permit disappearing is this:
Yup on the same boat as you then! Wednesday the 19th has to be our day

This is true for step 1/CK. Not for CS cuz I never had a permit link here for CS.
CS permit was emailed to me and the only place to access it again was in OASIS>Usmle applications>step 2CS>the hyperlink that says “click here...”.

Yup on the same boat as you then! Wednesday the 19th has to be our day

I’m in the same boat as you two.

This is true for step 1/CK. Not for CS cuz I never had a permit link here for CS.
CS permit was emailed to me and the only place to access it again was in OASIS>Usmle applications>step 2CS>the hyperlink that says “click here...”.

I’m in the same boat as you two.

Where and when did you took your test?

The first time that I took it, my permit disappeared but I didn't get my score on that Wednesday. I had to wait another week, and the following Wednesday, I received my score. I failed during my first attempt and learned that 2% of exams are kept for "quality control" purposes. But not getting your score back doesn't mean that you either failed or passed. They just keep some to release a week later.

The first time that I took it, my permit disappeared but I didn't get my score on that Wednesday. I had to wait another week, and the following Wednesday, I received my score. I failed during my first attempt and learned that 2% of exams are kept for "quality control" purposes. But not getting your score back doesn't mean that you either failed or passed. They just keep some to release a week later.
Thank you for this. Where did you take the exam the first time?

Would you please be able to screenshot the page on OASIS and show what it looks like?

Now, when I go to IWA and then click on the OASIS, it takes me to the applicant information. I cant show you much without giving all my personal info, but this little picture shows where it takes me. Below that there's my name and something about "request to change name"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 12.27.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 12.27.26 PM.png
    18 KB · Views: 83
Now, when I go to IWA and then click on the OASIS, it takes me to the applicant information. I cant show you much without giving all my personal info, but this little picture shows where it takes me. Below that there's my name and something about "request to change name"
Once you get OASIS click on USMLE Applicant information on the left side about thrid option and see if you still have that permit link under step 2CS section

I scoped out quite a few previous "step 2 CS release threads" and noticed a couple of interesting trends. First, it seems that historically the December release date has many more people receiving test scores after the first week and many of these folks still pass (i'm thinking most applicants must take the exam for this reporting period, so the NBME may be more saturated at this time of year). Second, the permit almost always tend to disappear on Sunday in the late afternoon/early evening (4-6pm EST). Third, the Step 3 trick is a hit or miss. For some people it works, others it doesnt. I havent seen one person who confirmed it didnt work for them subsequently confirm that they failed (in other words, if it works you likely passed, if it doesnt work, doesnt mean you failed). Lastly, to my knowledge the FCVS exam history trick seems new. No one else on previous threads have mentioned it so we are in new territory with this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Once you get OASIS click on USMLE Applicant information on the left side about thrid option and see if you still have that permit link under step 2CS section

I do. My permit hasn't disappear then.... ugh... I thought it had because, before when I clicked on Oasis it took me to that page, not it takes me to the applicant information... I hate this IWA/OASIS page, playing with my feelings +pity+

I do. My permit hasn't disappear then.... ugh... I thought it had because, before when I clicked on Oasis it took me to that page, not it takes me to the applicant information... I hate this IWA/OASIS page, playing with my feelings +pity+
Sorry did not want to be that person to point out just want to confirm that is the case it’s playing with everyone’s emotions.

When I open my usmle application information I saw like this. I can’t see a link to permit but instead it shows that my permit is sent to email
514199BD-3A97-4338-BA1B-9F422A37DCD0.jpeg