Step 2cs December 2018 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AMG 4th year here. Decided to start this for anyone stressing during the ridiculous waiting period for step 2 cs! I made a post about some of the things I did wrong, then deleted it because no one can tell me if I failed or not. Also, people telling me to not stress because I will more than likely pass was also not helpful as we all know someone who “surprisingly” failed. I’ve been losing sleep since test day since at this point I’m convinced there’s no way I passed and wishing I can just take it over one more time. Also really bummed about continuing interviews at this point. So for anyone in my position, you’re not alone! here’s to positive thinking and relaxing thoughts until dec 12 2018!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like for $1200 they should send you a fruit basket or something when you pass. Or have someone come to you house dressed in a bunny suit to congratulate you.

Reactions: 6 users
6-7pm EST has come and gone...anyone's permit disappear this afternoon/evening?

Update: my permit disappeared around 15 minutes ago! FCVS still says undetermined.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
6-7pm EST has come and gone...anyone's permit disappear this afternoon/evening?

Update: my permit disappeared around 15 minutes ago! FCVS still says undetermined.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk
When does your eligibility period end. And when you mean dissaper as in the link isn’t there anymore?

Checked FCVS trick. Last week showed as undetermined, now it shows as pass. Hopefully it's 100% authentic.

Reactions: 1 user
An update for anyone who cares: AMG, took the exam in Philly on 9/10, permit was up on the NBME website all of last week, FCVS correspondingly said "undetermined." Sometime after 9pm EST last night (Sunday), my permit disappeared on the NBME website. As of 6am EST this morning (Monday), FCVS stated "Pass."

Hallelujah. After receiving my score report on Wednesday, I'll post a list of all the mistakes I remember making during the exam (quite a few).

Reactions: 1 users
An update here!!

My permit link is still up (I can still click on the word "here") but yesterday my fcvs still said undetermined and I just checked an it changed to PASS!! Hopefully this stays real!!

Reactions: 2 users
Also could mean your score may not be returned this week. Looking at last years thread, there still was one poor soul who didnt receive a score until the last day of the reporting period (Jan). But he/she still passed.

If it doesn’t come this week, I find it hard to believe it will come the day after Xmas or day after New Years..if not this week, prolly Jan 9th smh

If it doesn’t come this week, I find it hard to believe it will come the day after Xmas or day after New Years..if not this week, prolly Jan 9th smh
Actually some people received their score last year during the week of Christmas. The permit disappeared the day before apparently (rather than on Sunday). Take a look at last years thread.

I tried being an optimist at first... didn’t work. Hopefully being pessimist changes my fate.

I’m just playing games with my head in anticipation of the result lmao

I got a pass on the FCVS. I took this exam less than two weeks of finding out I failed. Don't to listen to the haters it is possible to retake quickly and pass all the same. Good luck everyone. I feel your pain on and anxiety

Reactions: 4 users
Still nothing: permit still there, undetermined on FCVS. Took it 9/22 in Philly. We had some computer trouble that led to a case being paper charted, so I'm justifying the wait with that. :ninja:

I don't think the permit link thing is still 100% indicative of anything. I'm a US IMG and my permit is gone but the link is still there for me on IWA, shows a pass for me on FCVS.

If you haven't already, ignore your permit and check FCVS. Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go get ****ed up.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think the permit link thing is still 100% indicative of anything. I'm a US IMG and my permit is gone but the link is still there for me on IWA, shows a pass for me on FCVS.

If you haven't already, ignore your permit and check FCVS. Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go get ****ed up.

This is exactly what happened to me! Still have the link on IWA, FCVS says PASS! So, best thing is to go directly to FCVS!

This is exactly what happened to me! Still have the link on IWA, FCVS says PASS! So, best thing is to go directly to FCVS!
Same here my link is still up for the permit. Plus my eligibility didn’t end until March 2019. I also am a US-IMG. I took my exam in Atlanta 9/10. checked FCVS and found out I passed this morning!

Reactions: 3 users
Also could mean your score may not be returned this week. Looking at last years thread, there still was one poor soul who didnt receive a score until the last day of the reporting period (Jan). But he/she still passed.
God I hope that's not me

My scheduling permit disappeared last week but my fcvs status still "undetermined". I took my exam in Atlanta in Oct/30. Anyone here that took the exam the same date and location?

Did anyone take it Sept 18 in Chicago? I’m still getting undetermined on fcvs. Why aren’t they sending out scores in order?! This is infuriating :yeahright:

How do I check on fcvs?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I don’t know if this will work for everyone. I’m an American MD student Go to fsmb click fcvs. Create an account. Start an application. Under education/certification click examination history. My result shows up. Took test 11/2 and my permit disappeared Sunday evening sometime.

Like this

Out of curiosity, and AMGs who have not graduated from medical school with a pass on FCVS able to get the step 3 trick to work? It isnt working for me.

Last week FCVS undetermined. This morning says pass! Permit disappeared sometime after I went to bed because I checked it at 9pm EST and it was still there. Took my test 10/9 in ATL.