Step 2cs December 2018 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AMG 4th year here. Decided to start this for anyone stressing during the ridiculous waiting period for step 2 cs! I made a post about some of the things I did wrong, then deleted it because no one can tell me if I failed or not. Also, people telling me to not stress because I will more than likely pass was also not helpful as we all know someone who “surprisingly” failed. I’ve been losing sleep since test day since at this point I’m convinced there’s no way I passed and wishing I can just take it over one more time. Also really bummed about continuing interviews at this point. So for anyone in my position, you’re not alone! here’s to positive thinking and relaxing thoughts until dec 12 2018!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
took it on 9/10 in philly, AMG, undetermined on FCVS, permit link still up, no score report available. Really hoping for some kind of closure today, but resigning myself for another week of slow torture.

Reactions: 1 user
took it on 9/10 in philly, AMG, undetermined on FCVS, permit link still up, no score report available. Really hoping for some kind of closure today, but resigning myself for another week of slow torture.
hey, I'm an IMG. waiting for the results. Can you please tell me where to check FCVS status?

hey, I'm an IMG. waiting for the results. Can you please tell me where to check FCVS status?
There are detailed instructions a couple of pages back on this thread. A hero named ScarletandGray imparted his/her wisdom. Look through the thread, you'll find it!

Got the official results and PASSED

I tried the Step 3 trick, it worked and showed passed in FCVS, 7 hours before official results..

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
11:01 EST and no score report. So dumb.

Edit: the NBME website is super slow all of a sudden as well

My guess is that they haven’t released the scores yet. To me it seems like they are releasing them based on dates. So people who took it closer to December have been receiving them. So hopefully September is next
^^ Not necessarily true. I was on 10/29. Undetermined on FCVS. Buddy who took it with me got their results this morning.

When can I reschedule? Failed CIS. Should I do a score recheck?
My understanding is that the score recheck rarely results in a different outcome. My concern would be that a recheck would delay your ability to take the exam again prior to the end of the year. Taking before the end of the year could be important because theoretically you would be able to post a pass prior to submission of rank lists. I would discuss this with your medical school advisor ASAP (i.e. today - call their office).

But have heart, friend. This is a terribly subjective exam that does not reflect your quality as a clinician. You will match, enter residency, and do right by your patients.

Hey imapp, I also took the test on Philly on 9/10. I'm the guy from Puerto Rico. I also have the permit up, and undetermined status on FCVS. We are not alone!

This wait is sickening... especially when ppl who took after ur date have gotten their score reports. ECFMG/nbme needs to address this. My anxiety is off the roof right now.

After 2 failures (one in philly in 2016 another one in texas in 2018) I finally passed step 2 cs (in philly) with high marks. I did it during my residency overseas. There is hope, never give up! And use amboss (or whatever they call it) the app saved my life.

Reactions: 2 users
After 2 failures (one in philly in 2016 another one in texas in 2018) I finally passed step 2 cs (in philly) with high marks. I did it during my residency overseas. There is hope, never give up! And use amboss (or whatever they call it) the app saved my life.

Congrats! Im happy for you!

This wait is sickening... especially when ppl who took after ur date have gotten their score reports. ECFMG/nbme needs to address this. My anxiety is off the roof right now.
Perfectly normal, the reporting just takes too much, we payed a lot for this exam!

When can I reschedule? Failed CIS. Should I do a score recheck?
I did a recheck after failing and it didn't change my outcome. The email for the recheck states that for the recheck process, the score from the standardized patient and the note grader is "re-summed." They specifically say that they do not go back to review the video encounter. I don't think the process and the delay is worth it.