Step 2cs December 2018 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AMG 4th year here. Decided to start this for anyone stressing during the ridiculous waiting period for step 2 cs! I made a post about some of the things I did wrong, then deleted it because no one can tell me if I failed or not. Also, people telling me to not stress because I will more than likely pass was also not helpful as we all know someone who “surprisingly” failed. I’ve been losing sleep since test day since at this point I’m convinced there’s no way I passed and wishing I can just take it over one more time. Also really bummed about continuing interviews at this point. So for anyone in my position, you’re not alone! here’s to positive thinking and relaxing thoughts until dec 12 2018!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey brother/sister, I didn't pass in June from my first attempt. It was hard. After the official score report comes out at 11am ET tomorrow, you can go ahead and register for another 1-year window, pay, it'll take another day for the thing to process, then you can go ahead and schedule a slot. Recommend getting email updates, online schedulers on the Facebook Step 2 CS forum, or use those automatic refresher extensions for an immediate date. Feel free to PM me after you figure out which portion you didn't pass; I have tips from what I did the second time that hopefully made the difference.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
how did you prepare the differently the second time around and how much time did you take to study for the second attempt?
Went through FA 2x, and went through Amboss cases (used the free trial 2x) and practiced typing notes. Studied approximately 3 weeks, made a script + mnemonics and stuck to it. For my first attempt I studied only 2-3 days.

Hey guys, I have a question..
my FCVS says I passed with correct examination date & # of attempts.

However, my scheduling permit is not gone yet. But when I click on link it says "The Step 2 CS scheduling permit is sent to applicants after they are registered for Step 2 CS. You cannot print a scheduling permit because you are not currently registered for Step 2 CS." Does that still mean I passed the exam without permit disappearing?

you sure you checked FCVS section of FSMB? Did it say undetermined for your CS result?

No.

I created my account on FCVS and then tried to start an application for step 3. It did not let me even begin the application. The error said that I’m not eligible to apply for step 3.

Im an IMG and haven’t taken CK yet.

No.

I created my account on FCVS and then tried to start an application for step 3. It did not let me even begin the application. The error said that I’m not eligible to apply for step 3.

No, on main fsmb website, you scroll down and under PHYSICIANS > FCVS (under STEP 3 link) > Login > FCVS > Continue > Educattion & Certification > Examination History.

Then you should be able to see your recent result.

Reactions: 2 users
my fcvs says undetermined. IMG took it in chicago 9/19. can't believe those who took it in nov are getting updates thru fcvs and i'm not. a little concerning to say the least.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think i would rather get waterboarded then have to deal with the anxiety of waiting for these exam results. like seriously

No.

I think you're doing it the wrong way.
Once you log in, and click on start/continue.
Go to the lower half of screen, and click on the tick bock above FCVS.
In the next screen, you'll see various options. click on 'Education and Certification', and then on Examination history.

In the next screen, you'll see various options. click on 'Education and Certification', and then on Examination history.
Hey, what did yours say, by any chance? Seems that your permit did not disappear on OASIS like mine. Whoever had their permit still up said they got Undetermined.

Says pass.
I think the fact we're not able to take a print out/ reprint of permit, as it says you're no longer registered, is equivalent to 'disappearing'. (From IWA, it has disappeared)

Says pass.
I think the fact we're not able to take a print out/ reprint of permit, as it says you're no longer registered, is equivalent to 'disappearing'. (From IWA, it has disappeared)
Oh I get it, so basically IWA should normally have scheduling permit access, which would disappear! Now that's reassuring. Thank you!

Now, I can apply for Step 3, although couldn’t 3 or 4 hours ago. FCVS said I passed yesterday, but couldn’t apply for step3. It’s updated! Hope it means I passed.. IMG, finished 1 & 2CK, taken early oct at LA.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Permit still up, fcvs says undetermined. Looks like I won't be getting a score this week. FML the torture continues

If it says you passed you passed. It isn’t by mistake. Mine said I failed. There’s no way a pass on fcvs will be a fail tomorrow.
Now, I can apply for Step 3, although couldn’t 3 or 4 hours ago. FCVS said I passed yesterday, but couldn’t apply for step3. It’s updated! Hope it means I passed.. IMG, finished 1 & 2CK, taken early oct at LA.
Non US IMG can use that fvcs pathway to know about the result

No, on main fsmb website, you scroll down and under PHYSICIANS > FCVS (under STEP 3 link) > Login > FCVS > Continue > Educattion & Certification > Examination History.

Then you should be able to see your recent result.

Thanks guys! I was doing it the wrong way initially.
Anyway, did it the right way now and it says “Undetermined”. What does that mean now?

Mine says the same. And when u go check the FSMB website it says undetermined.

Yeah, IDK what to interpret it as. Getting antsy

Same here. But let’s be optimistic. One more day. And we can be hopeful that by the evening or tomorrow morning somewhere it will be updated.

I am in the same boat, guys.
Step 2 CS permit hyperlink says the same for me on Oasis and on the FCVS it’s undetermined.

Took 11/2 at LA so probably didn’t get to us yet

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I took it mid October and I see some people here who took it much earlier like even in September with “Undetermined”. It’s hard to believe that all of us won’t be getting the result today.
Another week of torture. Sigh. I was pretty prepared to get done with this today!

Yeah. My CIS is really borderline. 2 xx on the left side of grey zone, 3xxx on the right of it. Rest all xxxxxx on top og grey zone.. So did I just pass by one extra x , on the right side?

Yeah. My CIS is really borderline. 2 xx on the left side of grey zone, 3xxx on the right of it. Rest all xxxxxx on top og grey zone.. So did I just pass by one extra x , on the right side?
If it says pass on all three on first page of score report, you did!

US IMG here. FCVS says pass, and I was able to register for Step 3 last night. Received official score report this morning andpassed. I took the exam at end of September in LA.

Congrats to everyone who passed. Those who didn't, I'm here for you. This was my second go around, so feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Reactions: 3 users
I passed via fcvs but no official score report has been sent. Are there a bunch of us in the same boat? I took mine early October.

Last edited:
I am so scared. I didn’t get my results yet.my over all exam was not that bad but I am worried becoz I didnt do a physical exam in one case but I did closure on that case and in my first case I couldn’t come into a diagnose.Am so tensed about my result