Program-Specific Info / Q's Stony Brook OT 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Stony Brook, Hofstra, Clarkson University, Touro College! I got denied from Hofstra, accepted to Clarkson University... waiting from SBU and Touro... Clarkson seems nice from what I read but its private so...

That’s so crazy, I never heard back from Touro or Hofstra, even for an interview or anything so I’m not sure what happened with them. Congratulations though for getting into school! Atleast we’ll definitely be going to OT school, NYIT is private also.. so expensive.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! My only question is now, if I don't get into Stony Brook which is my dream school, should I just take the private school or wait another year to reapply to Stony Brook? since you are reapplying what do you think?! let me know!!
That’s so crazy, I never heard back from Touro or Hofstra, even for an interview or anything so I’m not sure what happened with them. Congratulations though for getting into school! Atleast we’ll definitely be going to OT school, NYIT is private also.. so expensive.

Thank you! My only question is now, if I don't get into Stony Brook which is my dream school, should I just take the private school or wait another year to reapply to Stony Brook? since you are reapplying what do you think?! let me know!!

Well the first time around i didn’t get into SBU and I only applied there which was not smart st all. So I had no choice but to wait for this year, but I would definitely just start. I’m sure the school you got accepted into is a great school as well and it’s a year that you’ll miss even though the money aspect of SBU sounds great. SBU has been my dream school as well, but I’m not going to wait another year if I don’t get in. I’m going to start this journey to be an OT!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well the first time around i didn’t get into SBU and I only applied there which was not smart st all. So I had no choice but to wait for this year, but I would definitely just start. I’m sure the school you got accepted into is a great school as well and it’s a year that you’ll miss even though the money aspect of SBU sounds great. SBU has been my dream school as well, but I’m not going to wait another year if I don’t get in. I’m going to start this journey to be an OT!
Thats true but Stony Brook works out bc I can work part time while in Stony since its near home... Clarkson is upstate and would have to dorm, I'm 27 now so I don't feel I am too old to re apply IF stony denies me, but yeah the wait is driving me crazy!!

Thats true but Stony Brook works out bc I can work part time while in Stony since its near home... Clarkson is upstate and would have to dorm, I'm 27 now so I don't feel I am too old to re apply IF stony denies me, but yeah the wait is driving me crazy!!

Yeah that’s the same thing with me because I definitely need to work while in school as well! Hopefully we hear something soon. If you do call today or next week let us know!

So far I’m attending NYIT in the summer which I’m very excited for! I’m waiting to hear from SBU and then Touro!
congrats! how long is the prgram?? I missed the deadline for that school and regret not applying there!! did you pay the deposit fee, if not, how much is it?

So far I’m attending NYIT in the summer which I’m very excited for! I’m waiting to hear from SBU and then Touro!
Also since you are re-applying to Stony Brook, you may have better chance of getting in this time bc I feel they will take re-applicants?? I hope lol

Also since you are re-applying to Stony Brook, you may have better chance of getting in this time bc I feel they will take re-applicants?? I hope lol
Hey! I mean I feel like if they wanted me they’d tell me by now which stinks but I’m not losing hope. It’s just very stressful! And the program I’m attending now is 3 years long and I did pay the first half of the deposit and the next one is due March 1st which sucks! The total they ask for is $1,500.

Hey! I mean I feel like if they wanted me they’d tell me by now which stinks but I’m not losing hope. It’s just very stressful! And the program I’m attending now is 3 years long and I did pay the first half of the deposit and the next one is due March 1st which sucks! The total they ask for is $1,500.
Hey listen so, you said that you got denied from Stony Brook last year right? So did you call them asking why they didnt accept you? If you did, what did they say?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I’m new on here! Sorry a lot of you are still waiting!! Not sure if this helps or not but i received an email today being invited to interview on the 22nd at 830am! Has anyone else received an interview for this date? It makes me hopeful not all spots are filled yet I’m still extremely nervous since I’m sure it’s reaching the end! - i didn’t think I’d be asked for an interview since i applied very close to the deadline worried that i wasn’t as early as most of you but i almost cried when i received the email! This is my top choice and I’m hoping for the best but preparing for the worst!! Sending you all positive vibes! Hope this gives some insight onto where they’re st in the interview process!

Also, was anyone here asked specific questions about their applications in terms of academics, personal experiences.. switching career paths etc ? Or do they focus more on what you know about OT and your viewpoints of the field and experiences and knowledge in the field you’ve gained etc.

I spoke to Dean Mendelsohn today and she said today there is a school wide admissions committee meeting so hopefully we should get some info soon!

I spoke to Dean Mendelsohn today and she said today there is a school wide admissions committee meeting so hopefully we should get some info soon!

Wow that’s exciting, hopefully we do! Thank you for letting us know! They didn’t give you a timeframe did they?

she just said they were meeting today and to continue and be patient because most applications are still under review

Reactions: 1 user
she just said they were meeting today and to continue and be patient because most applications are still under review

Hopefully we’ll hear something today or email so I can just find out already!

Anything?
emoji24.png
emoji24.png
Not yet... the wait is killing me! If stony says no IDK what I will do!

I believe we’ll definitely hear by next week guys. Today’s the last day of interviews, Goodluck everyone, fingers crossed

I believe we’ll definitely hear by next week guys. Today’s the last day of interviews, Goodluck everyone, fingers crossed

Wait was Friday really the last day of interviews?? That would be awesome, let’s hope they start sending some letters soon!

Got a call from Sarah yesterday around 5:30 pm regarding admissions. I missed the call and had to call back today but I was granted admissions into the program at the Southampton campus !! Good luck to you all !

Reactions: 1 users
Got a call from Sarah yesterday around 5:30 pm regarding admissions. I missed the call and had to call back today but I was granted admissions into the program at the Southampton campus !! Good luck to you all !

Congratulations! That’s so amazing, I’m so jealous :( I’m still waiting and am really getting sad at this point. I don’t believe I got in, but congratulations on your acceptance! That’s amazing!!

Congratulations! That’s so amazing, I’m so jealous :( I’m still waiting and am really getting sad at this point. I don’t believe I got in, but congratulations on your acceptance! That’s amazing!!
Thank you I am very excited considering I was just about to pay my other deposit for NYIT. So the timing couldn’t have been any better! But think positive I’m sure they are still making calls and reviewing applications.

Thank you I am very excited considering I was just about to pay my other deposit for NYIT. So the timing couldn’t have been any better! But think positive I’m sure they are still making calls and reviewing applications.
Yes that’s my issue now, I have to make the deposit as well.

Congrats! I am also awaiting the phone call! Now this is making me think maybe they said no to me

I just got the call that I have been accepted to the Southampton campus! and I also interviewed feb 8th. I’m sure it will take Sarah a bit to go through everyone on the list by herself so I wouldn’t lose hope!

I just got the call that I have been accepted to the Southampton campus! and I also interviewed feb 8th. I’m sure it will take Sarah a bit to go through everyone on the list by herself so I wouldn’t lose hope!

I just got the call as well accepted into the Southampton campus!!!

Yay congrats!! I'll be at Southampton too, can't wait to start with you guys! I hope everyone else who's still waiting hears back soon.

Omg you got in!!!! I knew it!!!!!! I’m still anxiously waiting :(!!! I’m so nervous and my interview was Friday! I give you all credit for waiting so long! Congrats all!

Omg you got in!!!! I knew it!!!!!! I’m still anxiously waiting :(!!! I’m so nervous and my interview was Friday! I give you all credit for waiting so long! Congrats all!

Thank you so so much!!! I seriously lost hope this week when everyone was getting in and I didn’t hear anything but please keep having faith and hope because when you least expect it, you’ll get in!!! Goodluck to everyone still waiting, don’t lose hope!!

I got a call as qell from Sarah!! I got accepted into the main Stony Brook campus for Occupational Therapy!!! I DID IT!! #wearethechampions

Congrats!!! :) I was accepted to main campus!!