Program-Specific Info / Q's Stony Brook OT 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Has anyone here heard back from the Friday interview yet? (22nd) is it still too soon to know? A lot of you have waited months! It seems like many from the 8th were accepted! I was invited to that session but somehow my mail filtered to my spam and they still invited me to the 22nd! When i followed up with Sarah she did let me know there were definitely still seats that haven’t been filled otherwise they wouldn’t have had that interview session. - I’m so nervous seeing all the acceptances but I’m super happy for all of you! You all deserve it! Hope I’m right there with you all!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I was interviewed December 14th, and got the call yesterday at 6:30pm (missed it) but got a call at 11am today from Sarah that I am accepted into Stony Brook Southhampton campus!
 
Has anyone here heard back from the Friday interview yet? (22nd) is it still too soon to know? A lot of you have waited months! It seems like many from the 8th were accepted! I was invited to that session but somehow my mail filtered to my spam and they still invited me to the 22nd! When i followed up with Sarah she did let me know there were definitely still seats that haven’t been filled otherwise they wouldn’t have had that interview session. - I’m so nervous seeing all the acceptances but I’m super happy for all of you! You all deserve it! Hope I’m right there with you all!
Congrats everyone!

And I also interviewed the 22nd and haven’t heard anything back, I am freaking out
 
Hey guys, for anybody that was accepted into the Southampton campus I wanted to start a fb page but can’t unless I add one other person and I have nobody right now [emoji24]!

Anybody who is still waiting. TODAY COULD BE THE DAY. don’t lose hope!
 
Hey guys, for anybody that was accepted into the Southampton campus I wanted to start a fb page but can’t unless I add one other person and I have nobody right now [emoji24]!

Anybody who is still waiting. TODAY COULD BE THE DAY. don’t lose hope!

You can add me to the fb page .. my name is Shanice I think we are on the same NYIT group
 
Hey guys so I believe I created it. Not to sure if it’s right so just let me know but if you search on Facebook the name of the page is Stony Brook MSOT SH Class of 2022.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For everyone who’s been accepted- have any of you gotten the official email yet? I was called on Tuesday and haven’t gotten the email yet. Not sure how long it should take ?
 
For everyone who’s been accepted- have any of you gotten the official email yet? I was called on Tuesday and haven’t gotten the email yet. Not sure how long it should take ?
Sarah said it would take a week from when she offered admission to get the official email.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi VeroOT05, may I ask why you arr choosing Stony Brook over NYiT? I hear NYiT has better rep??

Stony brook is literally 10 min away from where I live compared to NYIT that’s almost an hour and a half away from me. Also its a lot cheaper tuition and I’ve actually heard the opposite, that stony brook has a better rep then NYIT, but I’m sure both schools are great and still going to make us great healthcare professionals!
 
Stony brook is literally 10 min away from where I live compared to NYIT that’s almost an hour and a half away from me. Also its a lot cheaper tuition and I’ve actually heard the opposite, that stony brook has a better rep then NYIT, but I’m sure both schools are great and still going to make us great healthcare professionals!
wow those are great reasons!! I am loke an hour and 30 minites away from Stony!! I missed the deadline for NYiT (which is 30 minutes away from where I live) but I don't want to wait next year to try to reapply to NYiT just because the program is shorter compared to Stony Brooks, which is 3 years
 
wow those are great reasons!! I am loke an hour and 30 minites away from Stony!! I missed the deadline for NYiT (which is 30 minutes away from where I live) but I don't want to wait next year to try to reapply to NYiT just because the program is shorter compared to Stony Brooks, which is 3 years

Yeah I’m so thankful! And I’m sorry that stinks :/ but I’d definitely check out your options and see what works best for you cause I know the long drive was my biggest problem and hesitation for NYIT.