Program-Specific Info / Q's Stony Brook OT 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got offered admission as well!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone here heard back from the Friday interview yet? (22nd) is it still too soon to know? A lot of you have waited months! It seems like many from the 8th were accepted! I was invited to that session but somehow my mail filtered to my spam and they still invited me to the 22nd! When i followed up with Sarah she did let me know there were definitely still seats that haven’t been filled otherwise they wouldn’t have had that interview session. - I’m so nervous seeing all the acceptances but I’m super happy for all of you! You all deserve it! Hope I’m right there with you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I was interviewed December 14th, and got the call yesterday at 6:30pm (missed it) but got a call at 11am today from Sarah that I am accepted into Stony Brook Southhampton campus!

Reactions: 1 user
Got a call from Sarah yesterday around 5:30 pm regarding admissions. I missed the call and had to call back today but I was granted admissions into the program at the Southampton campus !! Good luck to you all !
Yay, same here!

Congratulations everyone !! And please everyone who is still waiting don’t lose hope !

Has anyone here heard back from the Friday interview yet? (22nd) is it still too soon to know? A lot of you have waited months! It seems like many from the 8th were accepted! I was invited to that session but somehow my mail filtered to my spam and they still invited me to the 22nd! When i followed up with Sarah she did let me know there were definitely still seats that haven’t been filled otherwise they wouldn’t have had that interview session. - I’m so nervous seeing all the acceptances but I’m super happy for all of you! You all deserve it! Hope I’m right there with you all!
Congrats everyone!

And I also interviewed the 22nd and haven’t heard anything back, I am freaking out

Hey guys, for anybody that was accepted into the Southampton campus I wanted to start a fb page but can’t unless I add one other person and I have nobody right now !

Anybody who is still waiting. TODAY COULD BE THE DAY. don’t lose hope!

Hey guys, for anybody that was accepted into the Southampton campus I wanted to start a fb page but can’t unless I add one other person and I have nobody right now !

Anybody who is still waiting. TODAY COULD BE THE DAY. don’t lose hope!

You can add me to the fb page .. my name is Shanice I think we are on the same NYIT group

Hey guys so I believe I created it. Not to sure if it’s right so just let me know but if you search on Facebook the name of the page is Stony Brook MSOT SH Class of 2022.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone that interviewed on the 22nd update me once they get a call?Im freaking out here!!!

Can anyone tell me how many people applied for Stony Brook's Occupational Therapy program this cycle? Or just how many people apply usually/ average a year??

For everyone who’s been accepted- have any of you gotten the official email yet? I was called on Tuesday and haven’t gotten the email yet. Not sure how long it should take ?

For everyone who’s been accepted- have any of you gotten the official email yet? I was called on Tuesday and haven’t gotten the email yet. Not sure how long it should take ?
Sarah said it would take a week from when she offered admission to get the official email.

Hey anyone who got a phone call last Tuesday (2/26/19) offered admissions get an email from Sarah or anyone yet?? the wait is killing me!!

I heard 1000 applied 300 interviewed, but I’m not sure if that’s definitely true.
1000?! I qm sure it is way less than that haha!! I imagine naybe 500 apply, 300 get thr interview, 60 get in... I want to call Sarah tomorrow and ask her!!

Has anyone got the official email yet? It’s been a week since she called me.

I got nada!! I don't know if I should call Sarah tomorrow only bc I don't want her to think I am rushing her

I haven’t received anything yet either :(. I want it to be official and receive it and see it!

How did you do that?
I logged in using my student I’d and password after logging on the right hand side with it’s something that says admissions decision response click that and it will allow you to accept the offer

I logged in using my student I’d and password after logging on the right hand side with it’s something that says admissions decision response click that and it will allow you to accept the offer

That’s weird I don’t see that yet when I log in.

Hey guys, I think I got rejected. :( I want to use my time wisely, so I started sharing what I learned volunteering alongside an OT. If you guys check out my video, I would really appreciate that.

Why do you think you got rejected? When did you interview?

I was interviewed on 2/25 (I couldn’t make it on 2/22 so they rescheduled me-I’m a current student) and just got the call from Sarah two days ago! Haven’t gotten the email yet, but it’s to the Southampton campus :)

Reactions: 1 users
I was interviewed on 2/25 (I couldn’t make it on 2/22 so they rescheduled me-I’m a current student) and just got the call from Sarah two days ago! Haven’t gotten the email yet, but it’s to the Southampton campus :)

Congratulations!!!! That’s awesome

hi VeroOT05, may I ask why you arr choosing Stony Brook over NYiT? I hear NYiT has better rep??

Stony brook is literally 10 min away from where I live compared to NYIT that’s almost an hour and a half away from me. Also its a lot cheaper tuition and I’ve actually heard the opposite, that stony brook has a better rep then NYIT, but I’m sure both schools are great and still going to make us great healthcare professionals!

Stony brook is literally 10 min away from where I live compared to NYIT that’s almost an hour and a half away from me. Also its a lot cheaper tuition and I’ve actually heard the opposite, that stony brook has a better rep then NYIT, but I’m sure both schools are great and still going to make us great healthcare professionals!
wow those are great reasons!! I am loke an hour and 30 minites away from Stony!! I missed the deadline for NYiT (which is 30 minutes away from where I live) but I don't want to wait next year to try to reapply to NYiT just because the program is shorter compared to Stony Brooks, which is 3 years

wow those are great reasons!! I am loke an hour and 30 minites away from Stony!! I missed the deadline for NYiT (which is 30 minutes away from where I live) but I don't want to wait next year to try to reapply to NYiT just because the program is shorter compared to Stony Brooks, which is 3 years

Yeah I’m so thankful! And I’m sorry that stinks :/ but I’d definitely check out your options and see what works best for you cause I know the long drive was my biggest problem and hesitation for NYIT.