Stranger Things WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you all for playing, sorry about the sort of anticlimactic ending but I hope you all had fun anyway. A wolf win by gameplay and a village win by technicality I suppose. Maybe we should consider it a draw :thinking:

And much, much love to @kaydubs who did most of the heavy lifting this game from the design through to running it. I was mostly just here as an excuse to rewatch the show ;)

There is no spreadsheet so feel free to ask us questions about the setup here!
Thanks for making such a fun game!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Night 5/FINAL WRITE UP

The citizens of Hawkins felt pretty good about themselves. They knew who their enemies were. Didn't they?

Flash of shadow.

anigif_sub-buzz-20325-1509490670-5.gif

Dead is @Sunbodi , who was Bob Newby, a villager who could set up an extra conversation for herself with another player or allow another player to open up an extra conversation. This conversation only lasts for one cycle.

Another flash of shadow.

Dead is @MOOSEygoosey , who was Dr. Martin Brenner, a wolf who could gift someone an ability - but with a sinister consequence. (Select pool of abilities).

tumblr_oyo2w1g3Kf1qe37y8o3_500.gifv

A third flash of shadow.

Dead is @muttmanager , who was Barbara Holland, a villager who could choose to jail a person every other night.

tenor.gif

Will Byers, weak from his stay in the Upside Down, and Hopper were the only two to remain to see the source of shadow. It looked like the Demogorgon. But.....not. A dog perhaps?

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f70737a64737066475848786e70773d3d2d3736303234353031342e313562326234383061613564396438343638393832383636313936352e676966

Hopper fired several rifle shots at it. On target.

Dead is @genny , who was D’Artagnan/Dart, Dustin's wolf neighbor and also had a unique ability that allowed her to copy the ability of anyone who targeted her for future use

tenor.gif

Surviving are:

@BigCats , who was Chief Jim Hopper, a villager who
could set out to track a player. Once during the game, could choose to kill a player but lose the tracking ability.

tumblr_oc8jxwRv0D1rey868o1_500.gif

@capri1722 , who was Will Byers, a villager who could initially only send messages while in the Upside Down but then, once back, could track. And the wolves could see his visions...sometimes.

original.gif

Game Ends....or does it?

tumblroyjdqnsebl1wnx3nro3540.gif

Hawkins, Indiana

@Sunbodi - Bob, village temporary PMer
@MOOSEygoosey - Dr. Brenner, wolf dark-gifter
@capri1722 - Will, village anonymous message sender turned tracker
@genny, Mr. Clarke, neighbor to Dustin who was actually D'Art, copycat wolf

The Upside Down
@muttmanager - Barb, village EON jailer
@BigCats - Hopper, village tracker OR one time vigilante

The Deadside Down
alissa >> @Lawper - Mike, village tie-breaker
@SnowshoeDog143 - Max, village death avoidance
@itsrocky - Dustin, village tinkerer
@Sunshine in a Storm - Lucas, village vigilante
@sheltermed - Joyce, village anagram seer
@allieh8607 - Jonathan, village watcher
@SportPonies - Eleven, village JOAT
Kota >> @jaboo - Demogorgon, wolf kidnapper
@WonderingStudent - Billy, Chaos Blocker/Commuter
@Animal Midwife - Steve, village protector/demogorgon blocker
@PippyPony - Nancy, village sleuth converted wolf

Subs:
@CoffeeQuestionMark

Tots:
@Melchizedek
@Doggo Labs
@jenjen2020

~Table of Contents~​

Wait so catsy shot the wolves? Trying to read this and got confused

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Okay some words from me:

@muttmanager and @Sunbodi, you did some very scary things during volo.

mutts, leaving your vote on Suni and voting away from the village bloc, even if Suni is actually a wolf, is wolfsiding and loses the game. In molo and volo, it's all villagers on the same wagon. Only one wolf can be voted out at a time. This game was mechanically a wolf win because of that vote placement. It was only saved due to a Pippy being pulled. Never gamble on human error, especially from wolves, to win the game for village.
From my role PM last night

95% idiot savant’n on my part

I was bad, I know :sorry:

Thanks mods for the game!

Wolves played well but also props to catsy for being a strong villager :cat::shy:
I see you're officially Lawpy now!!

Oh I also want to know what Wondering's wincon was!

Dead chat was lit

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Reactions: 1 users
@WildZoo and @kaydubs, thank you for running this. I quite enjoy themed games that are exciting for fans of the source material, yet not alienating and handicapping for those who don't even know the main characters' names.
Thanks, AM! That definitely was the intent so I hope that anyone didn’t feel too out of the element by not knowing the show. And the game might encourage people to give it a watch sometime :biglove:

Members don't see this ad :)
Ooh I want to know if my tracking PR had a failure rate or if I was just reading too deep into my description :laugh:
Yes, you could have had a fail rate with tracking.

ETA: It felt right to have with Hopper. I love playing with character flaws and strengths

Last edited:
  • Wow
I just want to know why it ended. Is it because you didn't count mooses vote?

Technically she did vote past vote end
Game ended primarily because due to last night’s vote, wolves were conceding. (Wolf pack can correct me, @genny @MOOSEygoosey ). @WildZoo and myself did not feel the need to drag out their suffering so village could feel happy about “winning.”

They had a triple kill that only took effect if one wolf remained BUT it could not end the game. That was primarily an option if wolves were getting doused early in the game, which they were NOT.

Reactions: 5 users
Thank you so much mods! Loved revisiting the lore of the show. S/O to @MOOSEygoosey for dragging me into this game when subs were all busy :p
Thank you so much for subbing in!! Thanks also to @Lawpy for the same!!

since we were out of subs, the modkill for Wondering had to happen.

They had a triple kill that only took effect if one wolf remained BUT it could not end the game.
This, by the way, is why role reveals would have been detrimental. They had to correctly guess 3 role names for the triple kill.

Not that it ended up mattering.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
This, by the way, is why role reveals would have been detrimental. They had to correctly guess 3 role names for the triple kill.

Not that it ended up mattering.
Supernatural flashbacks intensify

• Haha
Oh, what would have been the consequence of me using my extra vote?

Supernatural flashbacks intensify
I rotate through my methods of discouraging mass role reveals in themed games like this ;) This is one I like a lot because I don't have to put aside any main characters to use for wolf cover roles.

I rotate through my methods of discouraging mass role reveals in themed games like this ;) This is one I like a lot because I don't have to put aside any main characters to use for wolf cover roles.
I feel like this is the first time in a while village didn't intentionally trigger the village code stuff, so that's a pleasant surprise.

Oh, what would have been the consequence of me using my extra vote?
Trying to think if we had any other hidden things.

@capri1722 had a 40% chance of the wolves seeing her tracking results. Was more likely to convert.

Wondering/Billy and Sporty/Eleven could not be converted. People in the upside down were at higher risk as was Will.

I’ll post Moose’s pool of gifts:
You may choose from the following gifts:
  • Night cancel
  • PM shutdown
  • Extra vote
  • Post restrictor
  • Redirector
You must gift each of these abilities once before you can reuse any of them. As a consequence of your gift, the night after it is used your target will pass out from exertion, and will be blocked for the night.

• Hmm
  • Night cancel
  • PM shutdown
  • Extra vote
  • Post restrictor
  • Redirector
You must gift each of these abilities once before you can reuse any of them. As a consequence of your gift, the night after it is used your target will pass out from exertion, and will be blocked for the night.
That's such a cool role!!!

• Night cancel
  • PM shutdown
  • Extra vote
  • Post restrictor
  • Redirector
AM got extra vote, Sunbodi got post restrictor, capri PM shutdown, Pippy redirector

@Sunshine in a Storm
These are from wolf chat after your shot:
Oh man, I feel so bad for Sunshine. Because if I was village genny, I would be totally sympathetic to taking a bad shot and I'd be trying to make her feel better about it. But this is wolf genny, so I just might let the village eat her instead.
Yeah. She's reacting like a noob villager, and no one seems to realize that. AM taunted her, and she probably feels bad that she took a bad shot. If she was a wolf, she totally would have denied taking the shot because she'd have a pack supporting her, helping her with what to say.

I just want to let you know that as a vig, I have shot several villagers in the past. Sorry the village was such a bear to you about it. I understand why you did what you did, and I probably would have defended you if I had been a villager.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
And no hard feelings from me at all @Sunshine in a Storm. Hope this doesn’t keep you from playing in the future :( we all make mistakes!

@Sunshine in a Storm
These are from wolf chat after your shot:

I just want to let you know that as a vig, I have shot several villagers in the past. Sorry the village was such a bear to you about it. I understand why you did what you did, and I probably would have defended you if I had been a villager.

I think I've only shot villagers every time I've been a vig :laugh:

• Haha
@kaydubs Here's me reminding you! What were the tie rules? Obviously there was a village tiebreaker, but what about after that?

On a side note, I've always kind of wondered from a logistics perspective how tie-breaking would work if the designated tiebreaker was offline at vote close.

I just love how, yet again, I ended up PMing with a wolf and a chaos :p maybe I should stop PMing people unless they’re seer-cleared because clearly my PMdar doesn’t work

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I just love how, yet again, I ended up PMing with a wolf and a chaos :p maybe I should stop PMing people unless they’re seer-cleared because clearly my PMdar doesn’t work
My method

The only thing unknowns get in PM are gifs

Oh, would the PM shutdown have shut down wolfchat too?

• Hmm
  • Wow