TAMU c/o 2028!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snailpon

Reaction score
Didn’t see this yet!

Members don't see this ad.

IS applicant! Congratulations to everyone who submitted their applications!

Members don't see this ad :)
First time IS!! I hope for the best on everyone!

First time IS, second time overall. Couldn't apply last year because I hadn't taken stupid biochem yet. Good luck everyone!

Anyone else taking the CASPer this Thursday (9/28) at 7PM?
Although the test date shows correctly in the Acuity Insights portal, TAMU's portal shows that my test date is for (9/27) at 11PM.
I don't even think they are offering a test for that time...

I called the admissions office, they referred me to TMDSAS (I knew that wasn't right but tried anyway), then was refered to Acuity Insights (I emailed but waiting to hear back now).

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if its just me?

IS first time applying! Was just curious if anyone has received any updates?

It seems that we will receive interview update on November 20th 😬

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone joining in late! Monday will be here fast- sending good vibes into the universe for everyone! For those are second time applicants did any of you do the MMI's last time?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what time we should hear tomorrow? Good luck to everyone!

It's weird waves of excitement and anxiety 😬 🙃
Be proud we made it to even feel this way!

IS interview!!

3rd time applicant, IS interview!!

IS rejection, best of luck to everyone and maybe see you next year or the year after ;-)

OOS rejection (not too surprising). Congrats to everyone who got interviews!

I saw on kira’s website they interviewed around 350 last cycle for TAMU
Where did you see that they did 350 interviews? On the admitted student statistics for 2022, it says they reviewed 733 out of 1178 applications. I assumed the reviews were interviews.

Where did you see that they did 350 interviews? On the admitted student statistics for 2022, it says they reviewed 733 out of 1178 applications. I assumed the reviews were interviews.
This website.
Edited to say that I think the “reviewed applicants” are probably the people whose applications they actually looked at i.e the people who made it past their GPA cutoff. If you think about it from a logistics standpoint, 7-800 interviews would take a very long time and would take a lot out of the admissions team, so it makes sense that the number is much lower.

This website.
Edited to say that I think the “reviewed applicants” are probably the people whose applications they actually looked at i.e the people who made it past their GPA cutoff. If you think about it from a logistics standpoint, 7-800 interviews would take a very long time and would take a lot out of the admissions team, so it makes sense that the number is much lower.
I agree, and definitely thought that 7-800 interviews would be very difficult logistically. However, since the website didn’t say “interviewed” anymore and only said “reviewed”, I thought maybe they were doing that many since switching to Kira. Thank you for this information!

How are y'all preparing for the interview? 😅 With finals coming up the same week as the interview it is just making me even more nervous lol 🥲

How are y'all preparing for the interview? With finals coming up the same week as the interview it is just making me even more nervous lol 🥲

I’ve been looking up ethical veterinary issues and reviewing those since the mmis with all the other schools I’ve interviewed at so far the questions have all been vet med related rather than just general ethical questions.

I wish everyone the best 😄 sending good (yet nervous 😅) vibes!!

Does anyone know when we should here about admissions decisions? The interview notification email said that Feb 10 was a visitation day on campus for those offered admission or an alternate status... So I know we will hear before then, but didn't know if the school announced when they expected decisions to go out.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when we should here about admissions decisions? The interview notification email said that Feb 10 was a visitation day on campus for those offered admission or an alternate status... So I know we will here before then, but didn't know if the school announced when they expected decisions to go out.

The video at the end of the interview said early March

The video at the end of the interview said early March
I think that is just a generic video that they included at the end. The email with interview invites said Admitted Student Day on Feb. 10th was for students who had received admitted and alternate offers. Can’t really have an admitted student day before letting students know if they’re admitted or not. Looking at last years page, it looks like decisions are released at the end of January.

Reactions: 1 users