Temple ACMS 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone please tell me if they send out rejection/invites letters via email or US mail? I haven't received a response either and called in today for the third time - the secretary said they are still trying to close up and make decisions.

Last cycle the interview invitation was an email, and the acceptance was a snail mail letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Last cycle the interview invitation was an email, and the acceptance was a snail mail letter.

Thank you ygree001! I actually called again and asked the secretary and she said it could be either form of response for just an interview invitation and told me to look out for both email and snail mail...but maybe she didn't know herself and didn't want to give me the wrong info.

So the applications open in January? I suppose I'll definitely know by then if I have any interviews at least.

Crossing my fingers, but this program seems more competitive than many med schools! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
yah this program is way hard to get in.... I don't know if I should waste my money for this program.

anyone still waiting for a july interview invite?

sadly, i am.

has anyone been invited to the july interview?

i still haven't heard anything back from them either and my app was complete on may 1st. apparently interviews are on july 19th, so i'm sure that they'll notify people by tomorrow or thursday at the latest. then again with the way this program has been handled you never know...

i still haven't heard anything back from them either and my app was complete on may 1st. apparently interviews are on july 19th, so i'm sure that they'll notify people by tomorrow or thursday at the latest. then again with the way this program has been handled you never know...

I've had my fill of waiting. It's getting borderline ridiculous now.

today's over, so I guess tomorrow's the big day

today's over, so I guess tomorrow's the big day

today's over as well =/. did anyone hear anything? i called and was told they are making final decisions. but to hear nothing and the interview day is monday...i don't know what else to say.

Members don't see this ad :)
today's over as well =/. did anyone hear anything? i called and was told they are making final decisions. but to hear nothing and the interview day is monday...i don't know what else to say.

nope...maybe adcom is reading this thread and laughing at us

I called. Final decisions for invites were made yesterday. Delivery method is confidential, but last year it was email. Sooooo......unless it takes them 24 hours to send an email, I think I'm out.

I called. Final decisions for invites were made yesterday. Delivery method is confidential, but last year it was email. Sooooo......unless it takes them 24 hours to send an email, I think I'm out.

What time did you call them? I waited until 4:00 est and tried several times today but no one would pick up when they have in the past. So does that mean they sent the invites via email and rejections snail mail? Or both snailmail (since you said last year it was email)? I think I'm out too.

What time did you call them? I waited until 4:00 est and tried several times today but no one would pick up when they have in the past. So does that mean they sent the invites via email and rejections snail mail? Or both snailmail (since you said last year it was email)? I think I'm out too.

I tried several times unsuccessfully today, and finally got through an hour ago.
Assuming they did what they did last year, invites are by email. Nobody who received a pre-interview rejection posted whether it was snailmail, but I'm assuming that's the case. Sucks to be us.

I tried several times unsuccessfully today, and finally got through an hour ago.
Assuming they did what they did last year, invites are by email. Nobody who received a pre-interview rejection posted whether it was snailmail, but I'm assuming that's the case. Sucks to be us.

Well people in previous posts did mention that they received rejection letters via snailmail. yeah it sucks.

Anyone receive any news? Are there actual interviews taking place today? Should I just assume rejection? It's really tough to plan out the rest of my year with this in the background.

Anyone receive any news? Are there actual interviews taking place today? Should I just assume rejection? It's really tough to plan out the rest of my year with this in the background.

I think you should assume rejection. Sorry. Owen61 and TL5432, any news from you guys?

The last interview day was today. I'm sorry.

My 87 year old Italian grandfather called while I was filling secondary apps out at Starbucks. "Jeremy, great news! Letter from Temple!" I said, "Ah great, must be the rejection."

He replied,"Why do you always have a negative attitude. You don't know!" He ripped open the letter and began reading silently. After a moment, "Awww sh**! What the f*** is wrong with these people?" I guess he doesn't know I'm used to this sort of thing.

Congratulations to all those who got interviews and good luck.

The way I see it, I'm in medical school next year regardless.

how are you in med school next year regardless?

and yeah, I think we've all become jaded by rejection letters nowadays

The way I see it, I'm in medical school next year regardless.

How bad is the area? Phily? Near Temple university.

Didn't even get a signature in the space for one in my rejection letter...

It makes me nervous that people with better stats than you expect for SMP are getting rejected from this. Shouldn't this be about bettering your GPA as a candidate, and the MCAT prep to help you get a better score?

i have a question for anyone who has gone through the application process...what gpas do they actually calculate? just cumulative and science? or do they also have you calculate the all other gpa? thanks.

Does the ACMS program accept international students?

I know the temple med school does not.

ygree001, do you know anyone who is international(no green card) and accepted to the program?

It makes me nervous that people with better stats than you expect for SMP are getting rejected from this. Shouldn't this be about bettering your GPA as a candidate, and the MCAT prep to help you get a better score?

That's not exactly their goal. They aren't trying to help you improve as a candidate because you aren't applying anywhere else, you would enroll at Temple if you meet the requirements. I think what they want is to get people who might otherwise slip through the cracks because they are non-traditional in some way. I can definitely tell you that plenty of people had good stats, not everyone did. Just because someone with good numbers got rejected doesn't mean you can't get in with worse numbers. They really do try to look at the whole package.

They do not accept international students

I guess it is only logical, since the medical school does not accept international students.

Thanks for the people who replied my PMs.

sGPA is ~2.7, depending on what counts as sGPA and what doesn't (bioengineering major).

some bioengineering programs have their own version of a science class whereas other programs have you take the science class from the natural science division. if it is the latter, then obviously it's science. on the other hand, let's say you take molecules & cells that your bioengineering department itself offers. in this case, chances are that the class is not a science class in the traditional sense as the assignments involve some engineering calculations. it's up to your discretion how you want to categorize.

mostly because they don't require the MCAT and I haven't taken it.

if you are accepted to the program, in order to get the conditional acceptance to temple med school, you will have to take the mcat and score a 30 and no less than 8 on any section. so ultimately, you will have to take the test. if you don't do well on standardized tests then i can understand your point of view. i say you study hard for the mcat and score really well to make it an asset in your application. i'd hate to see you go through the program and then get an mcat score <30 (if you don't test well) and then be denied later on.

It's either this program or a gap year I intend to fill with a masters of engineering program that everyone tells me will be useless but I want for a plan B.

a 3.0 is a respectable gpa but for med school you'll want higher numbers. if you've earned a 3.0 as an undergrad in engineering, my guess is you won't get significantly higher numbers in master's. it's going to be about numbers (i know, this is superficial but that's how it is). on the other hand, if natural science isn't your thing, then a master's in biology or neuroscience etc. is not an option either. just try to strive for higher numbers. now if you have a master's in engineering in mind so you have a back up career to med school, that's a different matter. but i'm willing to bet that you are bright guy and will reach whatever goal you aspire. that includes med school.

good luck!

Hi All! So this thread is pretty quite. Is anyone on here applying for entrance in fall 11'? This looks like an awesome program and I'm def sending an app in. It says on their website that they start reviewing apps in mid-Jan, which is coming up!

does anyone know if 1200 SAT is required or recommended?

For anyone in the program now or familiar with temple, what is the major difference between the Phily and St. Lukes campus? Do you think Lukes Is more personal because it's only 30 students? Do you think lukes is better for someone who wants to do primary care?? Thanks!!!