Texas A&M 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any of the current vet students heard anything about if they've met to pick the class yet? @epivetlove

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, but I haven't heard! I don't have any friends that are trying to get in and this semester has been a bit overwhelming, so I haven't really kept an ear out. I can try to poke around the other class years to see if anyone knows anything.

Reactions: 5 users
I saw people making the welcoming video for the incoming class...so hopefully soon?

Members don't see this ad :)
Little birdie update! A friend of a friend heard from a professor that they met and chose the class yesterday, so it should be soon!

Reactions: 3 users
You guys think tomorrow will be the day? Or maybe this upcoming Friday?

I think that this week is the week! And if it isn't, I'll just tell myself I was just rejected so anything else will just be a pleasant surprise lol

Reactions: 1 users
I think that this week is the week! And if it isn't, I'll just tell myself I was just rejected so anything else will just be a pleasant surprise lol
lol that's been my mindset for every school tbh

Reactions: 1 user
Unfortunately we are very similar thinkers lol. But really keeping a positive outlook isn't so scary. I made it onto the alternate list at KState and getting an interview to A&M this year was a huge leap forward in the right direction. However, if I don't make it in somewhere this was my last round applying. Everyone just keep calm, stay positive, and check your emails! lol

Congrats to the incoming class!!! I'll be on clinics when y'all start (holy crap, that's crazy to think about), but I'm happy to answer any questions y'all may have!!!

ACCEPTED IS! HOLY COW I'M ABOUT TO HAVE A COW

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED IS. SUCH A SHOCKER OMG I THOUGHT I BOMBED THE MMI

Reactions: 13 users
Congrats to those accepted! Does anyone know roughly how far they go back on the alternate list?

ACCEPTED! Class of 2021 here we come!

Literally no one is answering their phones so I'm just going crazy by myself! And that's probably for the best anyway!

Reactions: 7 users
ACCEPTED IS. SUCH A SHOCKER OMG I THOUGHT I BOMBED THE MMI

ME TOO and afterwards I hoped I would NEVER EVER have to do the MMI again because it was so awful. The past two months I've been overthinking the rooms I bombed.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!!! I can't wait to meet you all! :)

ME TOO and afterwards I hoped I would NEVER EVER have to do the MMI again because it was so awful. The past two months I've been overthinking the rooms I bombed.
omg I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been doing this. Literally was bracing myself for rejection because I couldn't stop cringing at myself with secondhand embarrassment while having flashbacks...

ACCEPTED!!! I truly can't believe it and am crying. I'm SO excited to see you all in the fall!

Reactions: 12 users
I have read the email like 50 times so far to make sure I was really accepted.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to those accepted! Does anyone know roughly how far they go back on the alternate list?
I've heard that they have separate alternate lists for IS and OOS, but I know someone who was number 11 on the IS list and got in.

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! I can't wait to meet everyone.

Howdy guys! Congrats if you have been accepted! I'm so excited to meet yall!

My name is Brianna Boyle, I am a female 1VM looking for a roommate for next year, email me if anyone is interested (I can send you photos)! I have one cat (dog friendly) in the home currently, 5-10 min from campus, garage, large yard, other pets welcome. Located on Langford street if you would like to map it.

[email protected]

Does anyone have any information on the revised curriculum they mention in the welcome video? I'm not sure if the curriculum on their website is up to date.

Does anyone have any information on the revised curriculum they mention in the welcome video? I'm not sure if the curriculum on their website is up to date.
From what I know, they are drastically reducing the hours for several classes that you probably will not use much if you're not specializing (embryology, neurology, histo) and, instead, making the hands-on/practical stuff start early and be more in-depth.

ACCEPTED!!! Can't wait to meet all of ya'll! I found out in physiology and almost started crying in class:nailbiting:

ACCEPTED ISS!! I look forward to meeting all of you!!

There are A LOT of changes to the curriculum. I haven't seen the final curriculum, but I did see what was being voted on a few months ago. I think it'll be a good change...the only problem is that upperclassmen won't be able to help out as much since they're changing things up quite a bit and y'all will be the first class to experience it.

There are A LOT of changes to the curriculum. I haven't seen the final curriculum, but I did see what was being voted on a few months ago. I think it'll be a good change...the only problem is that upperclassmen won't be able to help out as much since they're changing things up quite a bit and y'all will be the first class to experience it.
Do you know if the core classes for each semester will stay the same, with the changes being internal? Or are the required courses per semester different as well?

Does anyone know how A&M does financial aid/scholarships?

I don't want to give any misinformation, so I'd say it's best to just see what they send you in your packet.

Does anyone know how A&M does financial aid/scholarships?

You should get something in your packet about scholarships. It's usually a CVM-wide application you fill out. Financial Aid is done through main campus. You have to fill out FAFSA if you haven't already.

You should get something in your packet about scholarships. It's usually a CVM-wide application you fill out. Financial Aid is done through main campus. You have to fill out FAFSA if you haven't already.
Is it possible to get financial aid before April 15th (i.e. the decision cutoff date)

Is it possible to get financial aid before April 15th (i.e. the decision cutoff date)

Unless things change this year, no. Or maybe if you're an outstanding student that gets a recruitment scholarship... Most financial aid/scholarships are awarded in June (have been the last 3 years anyway) and disbursements go out around the first week of classes in August.

You've been a great help, @epivetlove
giphy.gif

My pleasure! I'll try to help out as much as I can!

Yes, thanks so much @epivetlove! You have been a huge help during this process. :)

Congratulations to everyone! The wait list is different for in state and out of state. I know 2 years ago, they went to number 7 on the wait list for in state, but last year they went much further down the wait list. My advice is if you are in the top 10 on the wait list, then go ahead and start making some preparations. The hardest part is the second round of waiting that you get on the wait list. I was #2 on wait list 2 years ago and didn't find out I had gotten in until April 13 which is forever away it seems like! But moral of the story is I am here 2 years later!!

Late to the party but ACCEPTED, IS!!!! So pumped to meet you guys!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
The Class of 2020's officer team is responsible for y'all's FB page. Upperclassmen tend to get added when it's created, so I'll post it here as soon as it's live. It may take a few days to a week, depending on their exam schedule (which I blissfully do not know, haha).

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many people applied to A&M this cycle? Seems like all schools received record amounts of applicants this year, nearly twice the load in some cases. I know that TAMU also traditionally accepts about the same amount of students as open seats, does anyone know how this cycle compares to previous ones?

I wonder if they'll include the new curriculum in the packet they send us in the mail with the acceptance forms. I'm really curious as to what they replaced histo, etc with and don't wanna wait until May to find out. Lol.

Congrats to y'all c/o 2021!!
just FYI - c/o 2020 we have 2 exams this week and 3 exams next week. If c/o 2021 facebook is not done before Spring break, you know why :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys! I'm the VP for class of 2020. Just made yalls Facebook page,

Search TAMU CVM Class of 2021

We are so excited to start meeting y'all and fielding any and all questions you have!

There will be students of all years on the fb page.

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to y'all c/o 2021!!
just FYI - c/o 2020 we have 2 exams this week and 3 exams next week. If c/o 2021 facebook is not done before Spring break, you know why :)

I didn't know there was a system here, that's why I asked

Finally joined SDN. You guys have been my lifesaver during this last month! I was so relieved when I read this thread and found out that I was not the only person who had not yet been contacted by TAMU by mid-Feb. I was accepted IS yesterday! Can't wait to meet you all this autumn! Is anyone going to the open house on April 1?

Finally joined SDN. You guys have been my lifesaver during this last month! I was so relieved when I read this thread and found out that I was not the only person who had not yet been contacted by TAMU by mid-Feb. I was accepted IS yesterday! Can't wait to meet you all this autumn! Is anyone going to the open house on April 1?
The TAMU open house is always a mess, every year. Take a private tour if you can schedule one.

So, it's probably a pipe dream and I need to just man up and list him for sale but...

How expensive is horse keeping in the college station area?

I will probably do the adult thing and sell him before school starts but I would really, really like to keep him. I'm not in a situation to really - no parents with land or SO to help with finances so I doubt I'll be able to. But it can't hurt to look around and see what things cost.

So, it's probably a pipe dream and I need to just man up and list him for sale but...

How expensive is horse keeping in the college station area?

I will probably do the adult thing and sell him before school starts but I would really, really like to keep him. I'm not in a situation to really - no parents with land or SO to help with finances so I doubt I'll be able to. But it can't hurt to look around and see what things cost.
I pay 275/mo to keep mine. I'm a second year and while I'm not going to lie and say I ride all the time, it's been worth it to have a little piece of stress relief. My mare is older though and not in any type of competing condition. I just ride for fun when I can!