Texas A&M 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I checked my email from when I applied two years ago. They sent the email at 5:42pm. So they still might send it today.[/QUOTE
I thought the letter they sent in the mail about prerequisites said we would know by today? Just sucks if they changed the date to next week. :(
Yes, the letter did say by the 16th.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry you guys didn't hear today! Hopefully you'll get something tomorrow or Monday. The school will be closed on the 23rd, so you'll certainly hear before then!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry you guys didn't hear today! Hopefully you'll get something tomorrow or Monday. The school will be closed on the 23rd, so you'll certainly hear before then!

I thought the school was closed on Saturdays too.

Irritated that they changed the dates on us and didn't really mention it in an additional email or anything. All I found was the online timeline saying December 23rd. Thx tamu

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully tomorrow is the day guys! I wouldn't think they would wait all the way until Thursday (last day the school is open). That just doesn't give the OOS people enough time to book flights and such. So hopefully tomorrow we'll find out.

INTERVIEW STATUSES ARE UP ON THE PORTAL. Good luck y'all! I got one!!

Reactions: 5 users
Where do you look? Is it under "confirmation"? How do you check if you got one

Where do you look? Is it under "confirmation"? How do you check if you got one

Yeah it should be under the confirmation page, I had an interview date assigned and had to hit yes or no if I could make it

Congrats to everyone who got an interview! I'm guessing since my name is there under confirmation but there's no date assigned I didn't get one.

Congrats to everyone who got an interview! I'm guessing since my name is there under confirmation but there's no date assigned I didn't get one.

Yeah I'm confused...I have the same thing. Why do they make it so unclear?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I'm confused...I have the same thing. Why do they make it so unclear?
Same thing happened to me.. Although I don't have a date I still tried pressing "yes" for confirmation and it took me to an error page. Do y'all know if we still get an email?

I didn't check my portal - I received an e-mail and that's how I was notified.

Okay, I know KSU won't reschedule unless there's an emergency. But there's nothing in the letter that says anything about rescheduling for TAMU - is there any way possible I can make both or am I just SOL?

Got an interview!!! I almost cried st work when I found out. Having a hard time believing this is real life! This is my third time applying here and it's my dream school. SO EXCITED! :clap:

Reactions: 4 users
My interview is on the 7th. I was really excited until I saw it was at 7 am lol

Looks like I'll have to drive up the night before! See y'all there! Congrats to everyone who got an interview :)

Reactions: 1 user
January 7th at 1pm. Ugh so happy to finally hear from my IS :woot:

Okay, I know KSU won't reschedule unless there's an emergency. But there's nothing in the letter that says anything about rescheduling for TAMU - is there any way possible I can make both or am I just SOL?
If your MMI is first thing in the morning, you might be able to make it. The MMI I went to for RVC was about 1.5 hrs long. However, since tamu has two days of interviews, you can try asking if you can go to the other interview day. I'd contact Yolanda today though since the school is going to close soon. Good luck!

If your MMI is first thing in the morning, you might be able to make it. The MMI I went to for RVC was about 1.5 hrs long. However, since tamu has two days of interviews, you can try asking if you can go to the other interview day. I'd contact Yolanda today though since the school is going to close soon. Good luck!

It's at 10:10am, KSU is a 7 hour drive from where I live so it would be impossible to go down to College Station and drive back up to Manhattan. The earliest flight to Manhattan would be at 10:30am too, which obviously would not be reasonable. My KSU interview is at 4:30pm.

Edit: This is the e-mail I got from Yolanda -
"I am sorry but as of right now, we do not have any open time slots available for Friday, January 6th. You may select “NO” that you are unable to come to your interview and the reason why and we will work with you from there."

So how willing do you guys think TAMU would be when it comes to rescheduling because of interview conflicts? TAMU is my in-state but I'm so upset right now because I think I have a better chance of acceptance at KSU (I have a lower GPA than TAMU's average accepted applicants).

It's at 10:10am, KSU is a 7 hour drive from where I live so it would be impossible to go down to College Station and drive back up to Manhattan. The earliest flight to Manhattan would be at 10:30am too, which obviously would not be reasonable. My KSU interview is at 4:30pm.

Edit: This is the e-mail I got from Yolanda -
"I am sorry but as of right now, we do not have any open time slots available for Friday, January 6th. You may select “NO” that you are unable to come to your interview and the reason why and we will work with you from there."

So how willing do you guys think TAMU would be when it comes to rescheduling because of interview conflicts? TAMU is my in-state but I'm so upset right now because I think I have a better chance of acceptance at KSU (I have a lower GPA than TAMU's average accepted applicants).
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry! That sounds super stressful :(
If you still want to call Yolanda, her number is (979) 458-0379. Hopefully she hasn't changed it since I last spoke with her (last March).
On the interview portal, they also have the number (979) 862-1169 listed where you can verbally confirm or deny your interview. Maybe they'll be more receptive to helping you out on the phone call?

Other than that, I have no idea how reliable TAMU is with rescheduling interview conflicts. If you haven't already, I'd try talking to KSU. I know you said they will only change it for an emergency, but hopefully they'll be understanding of the situation you're in!

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry! That sounds super stressful :(
If you still want to call Yolanda, her number is (979) 458-0379. Hopefully she hasn't changed it since I last spoke with her (last March).
On the interview portal, they also have the number (979) 862-1169 listed where you can verbally confirm or deny your interview. Maybe they'll be more receptive to helping you out on the phone call?

Other than that, I have no idea how reliable TAMU is with rescheduling interview conflicts. If you haven't already, I'd try talking to KSU. I know you said they will only change it for an emergency, but hopefully they'll be understanding of the situation you're in!

I've heard that vet/med schools aren't very receptive to rescheduling interviews due to other interview conflicts - is that true? I wouldn't want to call them and ask for fear of pissing them off - I do feel like it would be rude to call and ask for a time change when they've offered me an interview, period!

Last edited:
Do they give earlier interviews to people they like more? My interview is late in the day on the 7th (last day), so I am a little worried.

Does anyone know where we turn in the consent form that was attached in the interview email for the research program?

Do they give earlier interviews to people they like more? My interview is late in the day on the 7th (last day), so I am a little worried.
I don't think they do, I'm pretty sure my interview was on the second day and I got in.

Does anyone know where we turn in the consent form that was attached in the interview email for the research program?
I don't remember 100% because I don't think I chose to participate in the research thing, but I believe you can bring it there the day of the interview? There might be more info about it in your interview email, I thought they went over where to give it. You can also ask admissions if you can't find anything.

So happy! What % of those who get interviews are accepted into the program?

Congrats to everyone who got interviews! A&M is my top choice when I apply next year.

Anyone know how many applicants they had this year?

Does anyone know where we need to send our Fall transcripts to and by when? I don't think it was mentioned in the invitation to interview and I can't find it online anywhere.

Does anyone know where we need to send our Fall transcripts to and by when? I don't think it was mentioned in the invitation to interview and I can't find it online anywhere.
Do we need to send our fall transcripts at all?

Do we need to send our fall transcripts at all?

In past years, they normally calculate fall grades into admissions decisions. Which I really hope they keep doing this year, because I did really well this last semester.

In past years, they normally calculate fall grades into admissions decisions. Which I really hope they keep doing this year, because I did really well this last semester.
The website does state that fall grades are calculated in. So if anyone knows the person to whom we should send current transcripts that would be great!

The website does state that fall grades are calculated in. So if anyone knows the person to whom we should send current transcripts that would be great!
I think they may ask for those after the interview! The deadline page states that all decisions are made in March.

I was rejected from A&M (my IS) but got an interview at Colorado State! (OOS) so today has a high and a low...

If memory serves, we sent fall transcripts to TMDSAS and they were requested after the interview.

Hey everyone! Congrats to those who received interview invites.

According to the letter I received from the vet school at the beginning of November, they want fall transcripts submitted to TMDSAS by January 13th. Just wanted to let y'all know!

Who all is interviewing on the 6th? I'm getting excited and nervous. Also, hope to see some of y'all at the BBQ that night!

I guess since I haven't received an email yet I can pretty much count myself out of the interview pool this year... again :(

*UPDATE: I GOT AN INTERVIEW! Did anyone else find their interview invitation email in their spam folder?!*

Last edited:
I guess since I haven't received an email yet I can pretty much count myself out of the interview pool this year... again :(

*UPDATE: I GOT AN INTERVIEW! Did anyone else find their interview invitation email in their spam folder?!*

Not me, but congratulations!! I do recall that there is a deadline to accept the interview though, did you manage to make it??

Not me, but congratulations!! I do recall that there is a deadline to accept the interview though, did you manage to make it??

Unfortunately, no. I went ahead and followed the directions given in the pdf file attachment and confirmed the interview date and time anyways, and it seems to have gone through according to the webpage. However, I won't know for sure until January 2nd when the office opens up again and I can call and confirm that I can still attend the interview (if they're willing to let me that is). What's even worse is that I have to be in Kansas for another interview 24 hours after the A&M interview. I'm lucky I live in College Station, but I still have to drive to Dallas right afterwards to catch a flight to Kansas City.

Unfortunately, no. I went ahead and followed the directions given in the pdf file attachment and confirmed the interview date and time anyways, and it seems to have gone through according to the webpage. However, I won't know for sure until January 2nd when the office opens up again and I can call and confirm that I can still attend the interview (if they're willing to let me that is). What's even worse is that I have to be in Kansas for another interview 24 hours after the A&M interview. I'm lucky I live in College Station, but I still have to drive to Dallas right afterwards to catch a flight to Kansas City.
I also have an interview at KSU the day after my TAMU one, so I feel your pain. I'm driving the 10 hours from College Station to Manhattan though! There aren't any flights from Manhattan or Kansas City back to DFW after my interview on the 8th, and I'm hesitant about missing my first day of class on the 9th, so driving was the best option for me.

Hopefully they'll let you attend the interview!!

I also have an interview at KSU the day after my TAMU one, so I feel your pain. I'm driving the 10 hours from College Station to Manhattan though! There aren't any flights from Manhattan or Kansas City back to DFW after my interview on the 8th, and I'm hesitant about missing my first day of class on the 9th, so driving was the best option for me.

Hopefully they'll let you attend the interview!!

I got the official response this afternoon! I got the interview! So, I'll get through the interview at A&M ad immediately drive to Dallas and fly out of Love Field at 9 pm to Kansas City and then drive to Manhattan the next morning for my interview at 1:30 pm. It's going to be one hectic stressful weekend to say the least. You're brave for driving! Be safe!

I got the official response this afternoon! I got the interview! So, I'll get through the interview at A&M ad immediately drive to Dallas and fly out of Love Field at 9 pm to Kansas City and then drive to Manhattan the next morning for my interview at 1:30 pm. It's going to be one hectic stressful weekend to say the least. You're brave for driving! Be safe!
That's awesome, I'm glad you were able to still make it! I'm pretty involved with student life and extracurriculars, so there's no way I can really miss the first day of the semester. I would fly if I could!

Be safe on your travels as well and good luck on your interviews! Maybe I'll see you :)