Texas A&M 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do the interviewers have access to our application or is it blind?

Members don't see this ad.

Interviews conducted in the MMI format are generally closed file, meaning they know nothing about the candidate other than what is stated in the interview itself.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just want to say GOOD LUCK everyone on your interviews!! You will be great!! Just be calm and be yourself, I actually had a lot of fun during mine. They know nothing about you so this is your opportunity to make a great impression!

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to all those who are interviewing today and let us know how it went!

Mine is in less than 24 hours now and I'm already nervous as heck.

Did anyone else get a firm decision date from admissions? They told my group that it would be as soon as everyone sent their transcripts in.

That is what they told my group to, but the deadline to get the transcript in is Jan 17th and I doubt they are going to extend it. Which would mean a decision really soon hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally decisions go out sometime between like Feb 17th- through mid March. Last year they found out mid-February, but a couple years ago it was spring break in March. I really hope it is soon though! Sometime this month would be amazing!

Reactions: 3 users
Do y'all see any updated on TMDSAS to indicate if they received your transcript? I sent mine Jan 2nd and don't see it.

Ugh. I messed up my planned enrollment in TMDSAS (selected a branch campus when I took the course in the fall at the main campus) and went and tried to edit it before sending my fall transcripts because the website said I could edit that page. It sort of let me partially edit it which has now mucked the whole thing up and I'm terrified that I should not have touched anything and that this will mean not getting in. I guess I get to call the TMDSAS people in the morning. But I'm legit terrified.

I interviewed in the very last group, 4:10pm on Saturday!

Ugh. I messed up my planned enrollment in TMDSAS (selected a branch campus when I took the course in the fall at the main campus) and went and tried to edit it before sending my fall transcripts because the website said I could edit that page. It sort of let me partially edit it which has now mucked the whole thing up and I'm terrified that I should not have touched anything and that this will mean not getting in. I guess I get to call the TMDSAS people in the morning. But I'm legit terrified.

I interviewed in the very last group, 4:10pm on Saturday!

I was in the same interview group! Try not to stress, I am sure TMDSAS can fix it in the morning. I doubt such a small mistake would jeopardize your admission.

I was in the same interview group! Try not to stress, I am sure TMDSAS can fix it in the morning. I doubt such a small mistake would jeopardize your admission.

I sure hope so. I thought the stressful part was over and then I had to go messing up like this. I am probably just going to lay here staring at the clock until they open at 8. It's not like I picked the wrong school, just the wrong campus (which I legitimately thought I was going to for some reason).

Members don't see this ad :)
Getting worried as tmdsas still has not marked my transcript as received. I sent it on the 5th so it should be there by now. Gonna call them tomorrow and ask as the deadline is next Tuesday.

They got my issue fixed which was good.

For my previous transcripts it took them past the deadline to mark them received. Which is not reassuring at all. I sent mine with a tracking number so I'll at least know when they make it to the PO Box.

At the interview, I made sure to ask whether the transcripts had to be postmarked or received by the deadline, and they said postmarked. If it arrives after the deadline, it should be fine as long as you sent it by the 17th.

Waiting is awful

Last edited:
Taking biochem and working full time distracted me so well between submission and hearing about interviews that when my boss asked me if I'd heard anything I almost said "About what?"

Luckily I remembered right before I opened my mouth that time.

This waiting period I have no classes kicking my butt so I am twiddling my thumbs (actually I'm working 60-80 hours this week but it's not a good enough distraction) and driving myself nuts.
The wait can be killer. I really hope we find out in February if we get in or not. Would be a big relief. Don't think I can wait until mid March without going crazy! Lol

TMDSAS is SLOW. I sent my transcript on the 6th, and it's still not marked as received or processed. I called them about this last week, and they were very rude about it but finally said it may take until January 20th or later if I sent it on the 6th to be processed. Hopefully after they get everyone's transcripts, we'll all hear some good news about acceptances! :)

Reactions: 2 users
I sent mine a week ago vis USPS with two day shipping.

Last edited:
Does anyone possibly have a decision date?
They have to until all the transcripts are processed by TMDSAS which probably won't be until a February with how slow they are. But I'm hoping they'll tell us by mid February. :)

I ended up calling Yolanda bc idgaf and I'm so exhausted over the admissions process. (Seriously, why does it take so long??) Anyway, Yolanda literally said we would hear mid-March and that was it. Maybe someone with a silver tongue will have better luck than I did.

Reactions: 1 users
I ended up calling Yolanda bc idgaf and I'm so exhausted over the admissions process. (Seriously, why does it take so long??) Anyway, Yolanda literally said we would hear mid-March and that was it. Maybe someone with a silver tongue will have better luck than I did.

Thats their response to everything unfortunately. It's super frustrating. :shrug:They say mid March but it usually ends up being mid February. I think last year someone on the boards knew someone on the selections committee, so they knew what day they met and made the decisions for the class which was nice. I personally and mmm really hoping they don't make us wait until mid March, cuz I can't start wedding planning until I find out where I'm gonna be.

I'm pretty impatient as it is, but I cannot understand why it's taking so insanely long. TAMU lists on their deadline webpage that we would hear back by mid-March, but plenty of other schools have been releasing statuses just a few weeks/a month after their interview dates.

TAMU does it by a pretty strict scoring rubric too - I imagine that such a numeric system wouldn't take 12 weeks to decide the class of 2021.

Admissions take a long time because there are thousands of applications to go through. To build a class that encompasses as many different facets of the profession as possible takes time. Not to mention the people involved in the selection process are busy with the many obligations that come from their actual jobs. They are not able to spend all day going through apps and often have to coordinate with other people whose schedules are also heavy. I recommend taking a step back and not condemning a process you have no insight into. I understand you all feel like you are a top priority and should be told immediately, but that is simply not how it works.

In other words, the school has its system and it does not help anyone for applicants to get uppity and insist they be told everything immediately. This is like many things in life that instant gratification is not going to happen. You should instead be happy that they do try their best to ensure each applicant is given a thorough evaluation for admission. Keep your chins up and keep on keeping on. Good luck to you all.

Reactions: 4 users
Oof, sorry, didn't mean to step on anyone's toes, I was just joking. I realize my tone doesn't come across very well on the internet. I fully realize that the admissions team has a daunting job. I didn't mean any disrespect, and I definitely was respectful on my phone call. I really was just joking on my post...

Oof, sorry, didn't mean to step on anyone's toes, I was just joking. I realize my tone doesn't come across very well on the internet. I fully realize that the admissions team has a daunting job. I didn't mean any disrespect, and I definitely was respectful on my phone call. I really was just joking on my post...
Haha! It happens every year that people get anxious. I just like to remind folks that the process is not that straight forward and it can actually be a good thing that they take a while to ensure everyone gets a good look. :)

Also keep in mind, that early to mid-March has been the standard for many, many years. It's only been the last two cycles that applicants heard in February. I know it's an agonizing wait (I was there not too long ago), but this too shall pass! Just be patient. It's worth the wait, I promise. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Admissions take a long time because there are thousands of applications to go through. To build a class that encompasses as many different facets of the profession as possible takes time. Not to mention the people involved in the selection process are busy with the many obligations that come from their actual jobs. They are not able to spend all day going through apps and often have to coordinate with other people whose schedules are also heavy. I recommend taking a step back and not condemning a process you have no insight into. I understand you all feel like you are a top priority and should be told immediately, but that is simply not how it works.

In other words, the school has its system and it does not help anyone for applicants to get uppity and insist they be told everything immediately. This is like many things in life that instant gratification is not going to happen. You should instead be happy that they do try their best to ensure each applicant is given a thorough evaluation for admission. Keep your chins up and keep on keeping on. Good luck to you all.

I didn't mean any disrespect either in my post - it's just frustrating as a student going through the admissions process for TAMU. I have a significant other to relocate with and it's a lot harder to plan these things out when I'm still waiting on one more school that happens to be my IS.

Nothing I can do or say will change their decision date or their process, and I understand that, I was just venting. :)

I didn't mean any disrespect either in my post - it's just frustrating as a student going through the admissions process for TAMU. I have a significant other to relocate with and it's a lot harder to plan these things out when I'm still waiting on one more school that happens to be my IS.

Nothing I can do or say will change their decision date or their process, and I understand that, I was just venting. :)
I think many of us panic when we have to put our lives on hold because our futures are uncertain. Good thing is many others are also in that position, granted in slightly different ways, so unity is achieved through adversity. And at least that adversity is will you be going to vet school next year, not something much darker. haha

you basically just described the applications process for everyone :)

my advice? go do anything else until you hear back

you basically just described the applications process for everyone :)

my advice? go do anything else until you hear back
Apparently, my brain still somehow finds ways to think about it regardless of my schedule and work.

Would be nice if I could just float away and not worry about anything
tenor.gif

Apparently, my brain still somehow finds ways to think about it regardless of my schedule and work.

Would be nice if I could just float away and not worry about anything
tenor.gif
do something fun. not work, not school work. start a video game, read a series of captivating books, start drawing, etc

do something fun. not work, not school work. start a video game, read a series of captivating books, start drawing, etc
Yep! Do something fun with the time you have! Once you get into vet school, you won't have time to be anxious.. LOL!

Will they let us have interview and application feedback if we don't get in?

So I know everyone is probably getting antsy waiting to hear. My bestie that's a first year told me yesterday that they were finishing up recording for their welcome video for the new students. So my guess is that they will let us know soon! :)

So I know everyone is probably getting antsy waiting to hear. My bestie that's a first year told me yesterday that they were finishing up recording for their welcome video for the new students. So my guess is that they will let us know soon! :)
:eek:
Do you know if they usually notify by e-mail or snail mail?

:eek:
Do you know if they usually notify by e-mail or snail mail?
She said they should notify us by email first, then have snail mail to follow. They notified them last year by email first. I'm hoping we hear by the end of next week cuz the wait is killing me! Lol.

She said they should notify us by email first, then have snail mail to follow. They notified them last year by email first. I'm hoping we hear by the end of next week cuz the wait is killing me! Lol.

The last two years in a row they sent out emails on the 18th! Not sure they'll do that this year though since its on a Saturday?

The last two years in a row they sent out emails on the 18th! Not sure they'll do that this year though since its on a Saturday?

That's so close!

I've done a good job for the past month not thinking about it. Thankfully people have stopped asking me how my interview went.

A little birdie told me that the committee has not met yet to draw the line, so it'll probably be at least another week, unfortunately.

A little birdie told me that the committee has not met yet to draw the line, so it'll probably be at least another week, unfortunately.
A little birdie told me that they were pretty sure they have met and picked the class, but were trying to get all the last minute details together. But she wasnt 100% certain due to it being heresay. I'm really hoping that we hear sometime this week.

I just got waitlisted at Tufts, now my anxiety about getting into A&M has peaked. I keep reminding myself that taking a year off to better my application and actually make some money isn't the end of the world.
But I still really really really want to get in.

Called Yolanda this morning. She told me mid-March :)

Seems like they really want to keep us guessing!

Called Yolanda this morning. She told me mid-March :)

Seems like they really want to keep us guessing!
That's so frustrating! I feel like other schools are pretty great about at least letting applicants know if they've picked the applicants or not. But, hopefully it'll be sometime soon!! :)