You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Good PWWace - GAME THREAD
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
reddeadrobin
Ex-Scream Queen Second Son, First Failure
A vig shot would make senseProbably an overzealous vig
Or an appropriately zealous vig
Always possible, but when there is one NK at night I would generally assume (ahem) that it's a wolf until proven otherwise.Probably an overzealous vig
Or an appropriately zealous vig
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I was answering the question of how PSV would have died if there were no wolves, not commenting on likelihood of that being the case here.Always possible, but when there is one NK at night I would generally assume (ahem) that it's a wolf until proven otherwise.
I do generally think she would have been a somewhat odd wolf target, but the baddies do be tricksy sometimes
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
We also like...don't know what her affiliation or wincon was. So one could claim Occam's Razor but I don't tend to go that direction when we know for a fact this game is not a normal setup.
I just think it's generally not the most helpful to treat a nightkill as standard and shut down other conversations in the context of this game.
I just think it's generally not the most helpful to treat a nightkill as standard and shut down other conversations in the context of this game.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Why are you so tunneled on Clem? I just don't really get it. You seem to believe there are wolves, so you can't say it's just that he's unreadable and therefore a potentially less harmful vote than other options, because that's no different from village Clem.
I'm just not seeing what's actually sus about him vs people just grating against how he always plays.
I don't think I was shutting down the conversation, an alternative explanation for the NK is certainly conceivable. But I also am not inclined to get into the mechanical weeds until we know more.We also like...don't know what her affiliation or wincon was. So one could claim Occam's Razor but I don't tend to go that direction when we know for a fact this game is not a normal setup.
I just think it's generally not the most helpful to treat a nightkill as standard and shut down other conversations in the context of this game.
reddeadrobin
Ex-Scream Queen Second Son, First Failure
I've got to hop on a client call and drive in to work (yay two hour delay,) I'll be back later in the morning
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Counterpoint, we don't know when we will know more so it's probably useful to at least discuss possibilities. You don't have to get into the weeds with me though.I don't think I was shutting down the conversation, an alternative explanation for the NK is certainly conceivable. But I also am not inclined to get into the mechanical weeds until we know more.
Just ya know. Encouraging not making assumptions!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reminder to self to read the writeup more closely
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
What do you find sus about her?I still think samac is sus hence my vote
I'm not tunneled on Clem. I've offered several other names that I think could be wolves, and I've done some digging on players outside my POE as well, but despite several players saying he sus he wasn't one of the 4 players on the board. So I put a vote on him to keep him in the discussion. I am open to the possibility of changing my vote later.Why are you so tunneled on Clem? I just don't really get it. You seem to believe there are wolves, so you can't say it's just that he's unreadable and therefore a potentially less harmful vote than other options, because that's no different from village Clem.
I'm just not seeing what's actually sus about him vs people just grating against how he always plays.
While on day 1 I was voting strictly based on how he always plays, I do also think his participation has been different from the other games I've played/totted with him. It is conceivable that he was just extra chatty over the holiday weekend, or that he's having fun playing with some other vets he knows well... and maybe this is all me going through a n00b rite of passage on getting hung up on Clem
But that's my current thought process.That's fair 🙂Counterpoint, we don't know when we will know more so it's probably useful to at least discuss possibilities. You don't have to get into the weeds with me though.
Just ya know. Encouraging not making assumptions!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'm not tunneled on Clem. I've offered several other names that I think could be wolves, and I've done some digging on players outside my POE as well, but despite several players saying he sus he wasn't one of the 4 players on the board. So I put a vote on him to keep him in the discussion. I am open to the possibility of changing my vote later.
While on day 1 I was voting strictly based on how he always plays, I do also think his participation has been different from the other games I've played/totted with him. It is conceivable that he was just extra chatty over the holiday weekend, or that he's having fun playing with some other vets he knows well... and maybe this is all me going through a n00b rite of passage on getting hung up on ClemBut that's my current thought process.
That's fair 🙂
Hmmm I may have missed context in skipping some pages
Oh well.
I don't think more activity than baseline is in line with scum!Clem historically but I'm also not going to go to the effort to fact check that at the moment. I feel like we (the collective we, not you specifically, you weren't there) had this discussion in Goats 3 or some other recentish game so maybe someone else will remember.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I think those inconsistencies are why I thought it was a jokeI don’t think it’s a joke, but I would have liked for her to expound a little when she was here earlier. I pointed out there was a little inconsistency (Zenge said he was first to vote apop but wasn't), but I'm a little surprised to see Zenge go from V read to biggest threat since the legacy reads a few hours earlier.
Or maybe it's a reaction test and I've ruined it by pointing it out, in which case, oops
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Zenge was first on the final apop tally but I don't remember who actually voted there first.
Idk why I did my sheeping thing when we weren't going to find out affiliation. It's much less useful under those circumstances. I think I might be an idiot, guys.
Idk why I did my sheeping thing when we weren't going to find out affiliation. It's much less useful under those circumstances. I think I might be an idiot, guys.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
"Birth is a curse and existence is a prison" - Day 2 Tally
screamqueenbee (1) - AM
CeeGee ()
genny (1) - fruit
samac (1) - kitzuna
Zenge (1) - samac
Clem (1) - Spurs
5/14 voting
Missing: @_rae_ @screamqueenbee @Clem J @WildZoo @genny @finnickthedog @CeeGee14 @Barkley13 @Zenge142
Vote closes today, 12/2, at 9 PM EST (~11 hours).
screamqueenbee (1) - AM
CeeGee ()
genny (1) - fruit
samac (1) - kitzuna
Zenge (1) - samac
Clem (1) - Spurs
5/14 voting
Missing: @_rae_ @screamqueenbee @Clem J @WildZoo @genny @finnickthedog @CeeGee14 @Barkley13 @Zenge142
Vote closes today, 12/2, at 9 PM EST (~11 hours).
@WildZooSo, this is probably nothing, but since PSV is no longer among us (RIP 🙁 ) I'll just point out that PSV actually was the first apop vote by about 20min. It was missed in the first couple of tallies though, and apop had to point it out to kaydubs, so I believe you probably did think you were the first apop vote.
Carry on.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Yeet fruit
Can you explain to those of us who aren't familiar what your "sheeping thing" is, and how it's useful in games where affiliation is included in the flip?Zenge was first on the final apop tally but I don't remember who actually voted there first.
Idk why I did my sheeping thing when we weren't going to find out affiliation. It's much less useful under those circumstances. I think I might be an idiot, guys.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
My apple with "crisp" in the name is NOT crisp and is MEALY. This really is the Bad Place 😢
fruitsalad
Full Member
"I'm not a failed DJ. I'm pre-successful." Day 1 Vote Tally
apop (3) - Zenge, PSV, DubZ
rae (3) - AM, finn, barks
CeeGee (1) - fruit
fruit ()
PSV ()
samac ()
DubZ (1) - Clem
Clem (2) - Spurs, screamqueen
AM ()
screamqueenbee ()
genny ()
finn ()
kitszuna ()
Barky ()
Zenge (2) - apoptosis, rae
Spurs ()
Sleep/No Vote (1) - CG
14/16 voting
@_rae_ is competing for the lead.
Missing: genny, kitzsuna, samac
Vote closes TONIGHT, 11/30, at 9 PM EST (~15 MINUTES)
i don’t really know why apop said this, was active in the end, and didn’t self prezYo homies we got a tie
I dare say the Worst PlaceMy apple with "crisp" in the name is NOT crisp and is MEALY. This really is the Bad Place 😢
fruitsalad
Full Member
further apop comments 5 min before D1 closeOh no it's really happening
Maybe this is the bad place 🤔
this feels very wavy
fruitsalad
Full Member
two offwagon votes on zengesQuick tally
apop (5) - Zenge, PSV, DubZ, genny, samac
rae (3) - AM, finn, barks
CeeGee (1) - fruit
DubZ (1) - Clem
Clem (2) - Spurs, screamqueen
Zenge (2) - apoptosis, rae
Sleep/No Vote (1) - CG
i don’t think zenges is a wolf
doesn’t feel sinusoidal despite surface level interpretations
Care to elaborate?Yeet fruit
Vibes, but i dont like the backtracking on the whole same faction as apop thing. Idk i could be off but it feels…untruthful?What do you find sus about her?
fruitsalad
Full Member
i don’t know what apop was trying to do but i’m not going to village read them just yet in an unknown flip world
the game feels a little windy
the game feels a little windy
Sdn likes to screw with meGood morning. I am reading random posts in random order. Did I skip pages? I don't know.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fruitsalad
Full Member
rectilinearity will certainly add some more clarity
I dunno can youWhy is samac voting for Zenge and can I assume it's a joke
HmmmI don’t think it’s a joke, but I would have liked for her to expound a little when she was here earlier. I pointed out there was a little inconsistency (Zenge said he was first to vote apop but wasn't), but I'm a little surprised to see Zenge go from V read to biggest threat since the legacy reads a few hours earlier.
@samac when you come back does this mean you think @_rae_ is also a wolf? That would seem to be what your legacy reads implied.
@fruitsalad how the heck did my adorable post get a "hmmm" reaction from you![]()
I appreciate fruit making an effort to provide some explanation. Going to want more but can accept that for right now.
Feeling a real lack of clarity from the responses on Clem. Getting the impression this is possibly normal behavior but aome remarks suggest it isn't. It sounds like Clem is someone we're going to have to flip eventually but maybe not the best choice right now.
Feeling a real lack of clarity from the responses on Clem. Getting the impression this is possibly normal behavior but aome remarks suggest it isn't. It sounds like Clem is someone we're going to have to flip eventually but maybe not the best choice right now.
Pop inI've got to hop on a client call and drive in to work (yay two hour delay,) I'll be back later in the morning
![]()
She’s the sussiest of all the suss always!What do you find sus about her?
fruitsalad
Full Member
this post bothers me because apop was in contention for a whileSo what was the reasoning for yeeting Pop with 20 seconds on the play clock?
apop saw they were in the lead, commented on it 5 min before yeet close, and didn’t self prez
reddeadrobin
Ex-Scream Queen Second Son, First Failure
I'm not sure it's untruthful, it feels like a pivot because of new information.Vibes, but i dont like the backtracking on the whole same faction as apop thing. Idk i could be off but it feels…untruthful?
What would you say if my vote in Zenges is real @WildZoo?
Okay, I'm here for five minutes I have a WAY more packed day than I thought I would. Will answer questions and will probs vote later, but this is what you get for now.
If I get pronouns wrong tell me and I'll edit <3
If I get pronouns wrong tell me and I'll edit <3
1.) @GoSpursGo - I want to say village because Spurs going against the grain and being a bit all over the place isn't unlike him, but it's also not unlike his wolf style. I don't feel like he's currently regurgitating someone else's reads, but despite my own clem suspicions, I am curious why that is such a focus. Does he truly feel that strongly about clem or is it a distraction?
2.) @Animal Midwife - I don't know AM well. I'm seeing a mix of wolf and village reads. She came in hot on me which I found surprising but also that doesn't feel totally out of left field? More at 11.
3.) @_rae_ - self
4.) @screamqueenbee - squeebie squeebie squeeb. I'm thinking V because this feels similar to the first time I played with her. Her play style is just very different from most everyone else on the forum.
5.) @potentialsheltervet - I read PSV V and I still think she could flip V based on the role, but who knows
6.) @Clem J - I still agree that something about clem is off.
7.) @WildZoo - despite war flashbacks to w!dubz, I think this is V dubz
8.) @genny - ..........something feels not right
9.) @fruitsalad - V. I never V read fruit but this doesn't feel like w!fruit.
10.) @finnickthedog - truly unsure. I think voting me wasn't a choice that was unpopular and it didn't set them apart from the crowd.
11.) @CeeGee14 - the less and less CG is here, the more and more I'm curious. They've taken a "sit back" approach to both wolf and 3p before, but I also know they're busy.
12.) @kitzsuna - lost villager.
13.) @Barkley13 - still unsure of barks. W lean?
14.) @samac - despite the sussing of me, this feels like village samac.
15.) @apoptosis09 - I read apop V and I still think she could flip V based on the role, but who knows
19.) @Zenge142 - zenge still feels a bit off to me. Not willing to flip him yet I don't think, even with samac voting him (mostly because I think the vote is a joke lol)
2.) @Animal Midwife - I don't know AM well. I'm seeing a mix of wolf and village reads. She came in hot on me which I found surprising but also that doesn't feel totally out of left field? More at 11.
3.) @_rae_ - self
4.) @screamqueenbee - squeebie squeebie squeeb. I'm thinking V because this feels similar to the first time I played with her. Her play style is just very different from most everyone else on the forum.
6.) @Clem J - I still agree that something about clem is off.
7.) @WildZoo - despite war flashbacks to w!dubz, I think this is V dubz
8.) @genny - ..........something feels not right
9.) @fruitsalad - V. I never V read fruit but this doesn't feel like w!fruit.
10.) @finnickthedog - truly unsure. I think voting me wasn't a choice that was unpopular and it didn't set them apart from the crowd.
11.) @CeeGee14 - the less and less CG is here, the more and more I'm curious. They've taken a "sit back" approach to both wolf and 3p before, but I also know they're busy.
12.) @kitzsuna - lost villager.
13.) @Barkley13 - still unsure of barks. W lean?
14.) @samac - despite the sussing of me, this feels like village samac.
19.) @Zenge142 - zenge still feels a bit off to me. Not willing to flip him yet I don't think, even with samac voting him (mostly because I think the vote is a joke lol)
fruitsalad
Full Member
this is a strange post from clemI can confirm that apop is not a mason (probably could've been assumed, but)
Also whoever did the thing last night I want you to know I’m farming angries. I can’t wait to see if it was a well intentioned noob or a vet who likes lulz
reddeadrobin
Ex-Scream Queen Second Son, First Failure
It was more because I when I left, there was a tie between two other players, and when I came back Pop had been elimmed by a wide marginthis post bothers me because apop was in contention for a while
apop saw they were in the lead, commented on it 5 min before yeet close, and didn’t self prez
I literally did not know what happened
Can you talk me through what you think is different here to village read Dubz after that pocketing fiascoOkay, I'm here for five minutes I have a WAY more packed day than I thought I would. Will answer questions and will probs vote later, but this is what you get for now.
If I get pronouns wrong tell me and I'll edit <3
1.) @GoSpursGo - I want to say village because Spurs going against the grain and being a bit all over the place isn't unlike him, but it's also not unlike his wolf style. I don't feel like he's currently regurgitating someone else's reads, but despite my own clem suspicions, I am curious why that is such a focus. Does he truly feel that strongly about clem or is it a distraction?
2.) @Animal Midwife - I don't know AM well. I'm seeing a mix of wolf and village reads. She came in hot on me which I found surprising but also that doesn't feel totally out of left field? More at 11.
3.) @_rae_ - self
4.) @screamqueenbee - squeebie squeebie squeeb. I'm thinking V because this feels similar to the first time I played with her. Her play style is just very different from most everyone else on the forum.
5.) @potentialsheltervet - I read PSV V and I still think she could flip V based on the role, but who knows
6.) @Clem J - I still agree that something about clem is off.
7.) @WildZoo - despite war flashbacks to w!dubz, I think this is V dubz
8.) @genny - ..........something feels not right
9.) @fruitsalad - V. I never V read fruit but this doesn't feel like w!fruit.
10.) @finnickthedog - truly unsure. I think voting me wasn't a choice that was unpopular and it didn't set them apart from the crowd.
11.) @CeeGee14 - the less and less CG is here, the more and more I'm curious. They've taken a "sit back" approach to both wolf and 3p before, but I also know they're busy.
12.) @kitzsuna - lost villager.
13.) @Barkley13 - still unsure of barks. W lean?
14.) @samac - despite the sussing of me, this feels like village samac.
15.) @apoptosis09 -I read apop V and I still think she could flip V based on the role, but who knows
19.) @Zenge142 - zenge still feels a bit off to me. Not willing to flip him yet I don't think, even with samac voting him (mostly because I think the vote is a joke lol)
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
samac just OUTING that there's farming in this game smhAlso whoever did the thing last night I want you to know I’m farming angries. I can’t wait to see if it was a well intentioned noob or a vet who likes lulz
(This is a joke based on this comment I made in the sign up thread and has nothing to do with the actual game setup)
Spoiler: there is probably not a farming mechanic in The Good PWWace!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2 votes is not a wide marginIt was more because I when I left, there was a tie between two other players, and when I came back Pop had been elimmed by a wide margin
I literally did not know what happened
fruitsalad
Full Member
ravioli ravioli give me your gut readioli
potentialsheltervet
WildZoo
Zenge142
V
V
V
ravioli ravioli give me your gut readioli
rae
finnickthedog
GoSpursGo
W
V
V
ravioli ravioli give me your gut readioli
samac
apoptosis09
screamqueenbee
V
W
V
ravioli ravioli give me your gut readioli
kitzsuna
Animal Midwife
genny
V
V
V
ravioli ravioli give me your gut readioli
Barkley13
CeeGee14
Clem J
fruitsalad
barky, your only GTH wolf reads were just me, rae, and apop? so the two people in contention at the time, and me? that’s it?V
V
V
W
I'm going back to sleep for another couple hours. Try not to leave me too many pages to catch up on.
Fruit are you cooking rnbarky, your only GTH wolf reads were just me, rae, and apop? so the two people in contention at the time, and me? that’s it?
Her posts feel more naturally chaotic and her digging feels reasonable and relaxed. I'm by no means bloccing dubz, that's just where she leans to me right now.Can you talk me through what you think is different here to village read Dubz after that pocketing fiasco
Similar threads
- Replies
- 330
- Views
- 22K
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 97K